Generational Theory Forum: The Fourth Turning Forum: A message board discussing generations and the Strauss Howe generational theory

Full Version: Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
** 21-Jan-2020 World View: Dumpface moronic dunce criminal

(01-21-2020, 05:26 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: [ -> ]> In impeaching a fake president who is nothing but a dumpface
> moronic dunce criminal who has accomplished nothing except to
> trash our precious environment to smithereens and put kids in
> cages and knock people off health care and destroy international
> agreements and destroy the administrative state that protects us
> from goons and robber barons, the Democrats are doing God's work,
> and the Constitution's. Since they are not allowed to do anything
> constructive, because Moscow Mitch blocks everything, at least
> they certified the fact about our horrible fake president. BRAVO!
> Infrastructure? That's a laugh. He has done nothing but scream
> about building a wall. I'd say it would be best to put him behind
> big prison walls. And the walls could have Trump's name on them
> for all I care.

Lol!

I can see why pbrower says that this is a humor thread. You should be
a standup comic.
(01-21-2020, 08:16 PM)John J. Xenakis Wrote: [ -> ]** 21-Jan-2020 World View: Dumpface moronic dunce criminal

(01-21-2020, 05:26 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: [ -> ]>   In impeaching a fake president who is nothing but a dumpface
>   moronic dunce criminal who has accomplished nothing except to
>   trash our precious environment to smithereens and put kids in
>   cages and knock people off health care and destroy international
>   agreements and destroy the administrative state that protects us
>   from goons and robber barons, the Democrats are doing God's work,
>   and the Constitution's. Since they are not allowed to do anything
>   constructive, because Moscow Mitch blocks everything, at least
>   they certified the fact about our horrible fake president. BRAVO!
>   Infrastructure? That's a laugh. He has done nothing but scream
>   about building a wall. I'd say it would be best to put him behind
>   big prison walls. And the walls could have Trump's name on them
>   for all I care.

Lol!

I can see why pbrower says that this is a humor thread.  You should be
a standup comic.

brower has contributed a lot of good humor to it, and so have I, but I started the thread and said what it is. No thread on this site has gotten more views. It kinda shows what a laughable absurdity Dunce Drumphead Shitface is. He giving all the comics such abundant material that they'll probably vote for him so they can get more.
** 22-Jan-2020 World View: The Comic Vote

(01-22-2020, 03:21 AM)Eric the Green Wrote: [ -> ]> brower has contributed a lot of good humor to it, and so have I,
> but I started the thread and said what it is. No thread on this
> site has gotten more views. It kinda shows what a laughable
> absurdity Dunce Drumphead Shitface is. He giving all the comics
> such abundant material that they'll probably vote for him so they
> can get more.

Wow! You're making a pro-Trump campaign pitch. Not only is being a
Dunce Drumphead Shitface, even if it were true, not an impeachable
crime, but he's getting a boost from the comic vote. You're a comic,
so I assume that means you're voting for him.
** 22-Jan-2020 Get off my lawn

[Image: AR-200129661.jpg]
[Image: ce645ce65adae3bf8e4e8259718a9cec1991fe31...=800&h=464]

[Image: e57dd2daa464bf7e61e6dd5254da65a2c08acd80...=800&h=400]
** 23-Jan-2020 The Circus

[Image: 90a4e538e02a8c187ace003925c41d37c926482e...23c5c9.jpg]

[Image: 137ed44840d39cf954ee06ed665a49d19aa4c271...472c12.jpg]
You COULD post in that other thread, John.....

http://generational-theory.com/forum/thread-5967.html

This is the Let's make fun of TRUMP thread. Or do YOU have a sense of humor about YOUR guy?
(01-22-2020, 09:24 AM)John J. Xenakis Wrote: [ -> ]** 22-Jan-2020 World View: The Comic Vote

(01-22-2020, 03:21 AM)Eric the Green Wrote: [ -> ]>   brower has contributed a lot of good humor to it, and so have I,
>   but I started the thread and said what it is. No thread on this
>   site has gotten more views. It kinda shows what a laughable
>   absurdity Dunce Drumphead Shitface is. He giving all the comics
>   such abundant material that they'll probably vote for him so they
>   can get more.  

Wow!  You're making a pro-Trump campaign pitch.  Not only is being a
Dunce Drumphead Shitface, even if it were true, not an impeachable
crime, but he's getting a boost from the comic vote.  You're a comic,
so I assume that means you're voting for him.

Well, that would figure. But I don't make any money from my comedy, unlike Seth Meyers, Stephen Colbert, Bill Maher et al. That's the difference. I have no vested pecuniary interest in keeping abundant comic source material around.

Trump is obviosuly a dunce when it comes to knowledge of the job he was shoe-horned into. That's why he has committed an impeachable offense. He thinks the job is just another opportunity to cheat others and boost himself, which has been his whole career. He just doesn't know any other mode of behavior. The question is, are Americans as dumb as he is?
(01-23-2020, 09:52 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: [ -> ]Trump is obviosuly a dunce when it comes to knowledge of the job he was shoe-horned into. That's why he has committed an impeachable offense. He thinks the job is just another opportunity to cheat others and boost himself, which has been his whole career. He just doesn't know any other mode of behavior. The question is, are Americans as dumb as he is?

The early part is correct enough.  Trump wound up with the wrong values for his job description.  

I am not sure the 'Americans' being dumb is the correct characterization.  They see baby killing, gun theft and hurting the minorities (and thus the younger generations) as a higher priority.  They are still into the voodoo economics theory of stimulus even in good times, in spite of the prior results of voodoo economics.  They have an agenda, and will support anyone who gives that agenda lip service.  

The question is whether American basics such as free elections and human rights are rated higher than the unraveling agenda.  So far, the Republican Senators seem to be counting on it not being so.

I think sticking with Trump will buy them another year, then the independent voters will flip the flop again.  I am hoping for conviction and removal, but don't anticipate one.  The sham trial, though, might hurt the Republicans really bad.
(01-20-2020, 12:51 PM)David Horn Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-19-2020, 07:07 PM)John J. Xenakis Wrote: [ -> ]Because you, like Alec Baldwin, trash all 63 million Tea Partiers / Trump supporters by using exactly the same excuses that Hitler used to justify the Holocaust, and the same excuses that are used by other perpetrators of genocide and ethnic cleansing.  These kinds of excuses are as old as time.

It's one thing to criticize the policies and politics of the president, but your trashing and condemnation of 63 million Trump supporters, almost all of whom are perfectly wonderful loving Church-going family men, women and children, probably a lot more wonderful than you are, is completely out of line, and should cause you to go offline for a few days and spend the time thinking about your values -- both about the Trump supporters, and about your excuses for Clinton's violent rapes.

Really?  The slander has run in reverse, far more than the way you portray it, and the number of voters on the anti-Trump side was 66 Million.  Trump has demagogued everything everyday since he entered the race in 2015.  He, and his supporters, have no ground to stand on.  They started the mud slinging, and now they're whining that they're getting muddied too.  Boo-hoo!
Really? Wow, you only had a 4 million advantage. Gee, you think that you had 20 million advantage by the way you speak. It's to bad that it's mostly concentrated in certain. Man that makes you way more powerful. What are you going to do when the Trump side is 70,000,000 strong? I know that you guys are used to thinking there is some sort of a halo over your heads or some sort of moral advantage that you have over us but I've yet to meet one of you that that halo could not be removed or completely eliminated. Keep that in mind. Also, we don't whine like liberals or go out and protest after we lose elections either or insight riots either.
(01-24-2020, 01:38 AM)Bob Butler 54 Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-23-2020, 09:52 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: [ -> ]Trump is obviosuly a dunce when it comes to knowledge of the job he was shoe-horned into. That's why he has committed an impeachable offense. He thinks the job is just another opportunity to cheat others and boost himself, which has been his whole career. He just doesn't know any other mode of behavior. The question is, are Americans as dumb as he is?

The early part is correct enough.  Trump wound up with the wrong values for his job description.

A basic rule for hiring anyone: never hire someone who doesn't show the willingness to hold the same job for at least five years. Someone who sees his job as simply a stepping stone to something better will not be happy doing the job. Note well: opportunities for advancement are practically nil in Corporate America, so the college grad who takes a job as a retail clerk but really wants to be an accountant will be miserable. 

Of course, Trump is grossly under-qualified for the role, and he doesn't even know it. He sought the President as spite of the President of the time. He is the Mordred to Arthur -- and I do not mean Chester Arthur. 

Quote:I am not sure the 'Americans' being dumb is the correct characterization.  They see baby killing, gun theft and hurting the minorities (and thus the younger generations) as a higher priority.  They are still into the voodoo economics theory of stimulus even in good times, in spite of the prior results of voodoo economics.  They have an agenda, and will support anyone who gives that agenda lip service.

Trump has an arch-reactionary set of economic ideas, yet he plays to mass resentments. Such is typical of fascists. Liberals typically want significant reforms to improve things to create the reality of bettering lives and conservatives try to calm things so that people accept that the current reality is the best of all possible worlds. Remember that Trump offered infrastructure spending to get re-elected, but all that it was was money to sweeten deals for privatization of roads, water supplies, etc. The idea was to raise rates and add tolls as if such would make things better. He did get tax cuts for the economic elites as he promised. So far he has at least avoided pushing a national Right to Work (for starvation wages) law, let alone allowing Big Business to opt out of collective bargaining...  maybe even the economics elites have some fear of wildcat strikes by people who have little to lose and the rise of a Marxist insurgency. 

But he did not introduce such a reactionary agenda; it has been in existence, dominating political life for most of the last forty years. Call it Voodoo economics, call it neoliberalism, call it welfare for the rich, or even as I am tempted to call it, "sadonomics" -- the emphasis may change, but the overall agenda does not.  People not in the elites are damned to be losers. 

Quote:The question is whether American basics such as free elections and human rights are rated higher than the unraveling agenda.  So far, the Republican Senators seem to be counting on it not being so.

Given a choice between their own class privilege and human dignity, the elites all too often choose human suffering as a necessity for achieving elite agendas. If the elites can profit off concentration camps, torture chambers, and wars for profit, then the elites will promote the political causes that bring such about. Such is the same for slave-owning planters and the old Soviet nomenklatura  despite their diametric differences in stated ideology. Robber barons of our time are as rapacious as those of the Gilded Age, and our executive elites are as nasty as were central planners of the Soviet Union. 

Quote:I think sticking with Trump will buy them another year, then the independent voters will flip the flop again.  I am hoping for conviction and removal, but don't anticipate one.  The sham trial, though, might hurt the Republicans really bad.

The GOP has a year of power left at the minimum, and I have yet to see how Pence serves them any less well. Pence can turn up the promises of Pie in the Sky When You Die while pushing for anti-worker provisions asa nationwide Right to Work (of course for starvation wages) legislation. The Hard Right offers a variant of Pascal's wager to the common man -- live miserably on behalf of the Master Class so that one can enjoy a wonderful Afterlife. So what if there is no Afterlife? What did you lose?

(Truth be told, I consider economic exploitation a violation of the commandment "Thou shalt not steal"... and a cause for damnation should there be damnation for thieves).
(01-24-2020, 02:37 AM)Classic-Xer Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-19-2020, 07:07 PM)John J. Xenakis Wrote: [ -> ]Because you, like Alec Baldwin, trash all 63 million Tea Partiers / Trump supporters by using exactly the same excuses that Hitler used to justify the Holocaust, and the same excuses that are used by other perpetrators of genocide and ethnic cleansing.  These kinds of excuses are as old as time.

It's one thing to criticize the policies and politics of the president, but your trashing and condemnation of 63 million Trump supporters, almost all of whom are perfectly wonderful loving Church-going family men, women and children, probably a lot more wonderful than you are, is completely out of line, and should cause you to go offline for a few days and spend the time thinking about your values -- both about the Trump supporters, and about your excuses for Clinton's violent rapes.

Really?  The slander has run in reverse, far more than the way you portray it, and the number of voters on the anti-Trump side was 66 Million.  Trump has demagogued everything everyday since he entered the race in 2015.  He, and his supporters, have no ground to stand on.  They started the mud slinging, and now they're whining that they're getting muddied too.  Boo-hoo!

Really? Wow, you only had a 4 million advantage. Gee, you think that you had 20 million advantage by the way you speak. It's to bad that it's mostly concentrated in certain. Man that makes you way more powerful. What are you going to do when the Trump side is 70,000,000 strong? I know that you guys are used to thinking there is some sort of a halo over your heads or some sort of moral advantage that you have over us but I've yet to meet one of you that that halo could not be removed or completely eliminated. Keep that in mind. Also, we don't whine like liberals or go out and protest after we lose elections either or insight riots either.

Whining that the will of the minority is being ignored isn't much of an argument, but whatever.  A lot of weirdness went into the last election cycle, and counting on that again only works if you expect interference by foreign actors -- Russia being Actor #1.  I'll give your side due credit if Trump gets 70,000,000 votes -- even cheating.  It'll be really scary, based on the outrageous stuff he's already doing.  I'm not sure we'll be able to recover, once the stupidity of it all becomes obvious … and it will if Trump 2.0 actually happens.  

He's marching hellbent to 1920, and he's not going to stop until he gets there.  The 1920s didn't work out all that well the first time.

In practically all other elections, the one who gets the plurality wins. So it is with elections for Governors, US Senators, US Representatives, state legislatures, mayors, city counsel, and many judgeships. The Electoral College is intended to ensure that the States decide the Presidential winner. In all but a few cases, the Presidential nominee getting the plurality wins. The two most blatant exceptions are 2000 and 2016.

It is possible to arrange for elections based upon politicians getting the "right" vote instead of getting the raw vote. Maybe we could have voting representing asset ownership instead of people. Thus a millionaire "job creator" has much more influence in formal voting than does some "loser" who toils for near-starvation pay. It would be possible to mandate that people vote as their employer insists -- of course that is fascism. It is possible -- think of Apartheid-era South Africa -- to determine that certain people are unreliable due to their origin. That created a monstrosity for people whose ancestry was other than white; white people got the goodies and everyone else got abuse, neglect, and repression. 

In any event it is the right of people to hold the political leadership that they have had, even through fair and honest elections (for all practical purposes we must treat the 2016 elections as fair and free even if we have suspicions to the contrary). When our politicians fail us as badly as I see Trump failing us, then we must have recourse in the next election. 

Yes, I hate Donald Trump. I hate his lack of empathy; I hate his corruption; I hate his appeasement of dictatorial systems; I hate his ethnic and religious bigotry; I hate his contempt for learning and expertise; I hate his contempt for Constitutional norms. Maybe more people see in him what I saw in him in 2016 -- enough to ensure his defeat in 2020. I hope that he does badly enough that he cannot get the "right votes"... and I also hope that voters who think that their politicians gave Donald Trump too much slack to do bad things to us will vote the bums out. 

We have elections, and not coups.

Does the right-wing march and demonstrate and incite riots? Well, the T-Party did their share after Obama won. More than that, they threaten civil war and parade around a state capitol with guns.

We may not have halos, but we don't wear dunce caps like you guys do.
(01-24-2020, 11:08 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: [ -> ]

Does the right-wing march and demonstrate and incite riots? Well, the T-Party did their share after Obama won. More than that, they threaten civil war and parade around a state capitol with guns.

The Tea Party didn't show up as a large political force/change agent until 2010. Are you sure you don't have a dunce cap on below that halo of yours? You may be slippery and pretty cagey but you're not very smart or ethical and morally grounded either. Me, I'm not worried about you. I figure someone else on either side will eventually get rid of you. Yeah, I heard tens of thousands of ours peacefully invaded Richmond the other day and left without any problems. I sure hope their dunce governor doesn't do anything silly that backfires and forces him to leave office/ the country in a hurry. So, are you making any money off teaching the more idealistic, naive and impressionable millies among us about your astrological predictions these days?
(01-25-2020, 12:46 AM)Classic-Xer Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-24-2020, 11:08 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: [ -> ]

The Tea Party didn't show up as a large political force/change agent until 2010.  Yeah, I heard tens of thousands of ours peacefully invaded Richmond the other day and left without any problems. I sure hope their dunce governor doesn't do anything silly that backfires and forces him to leave office/ the country in a hurry.

It's a good thing that there was no violence. There were arrests of neo-Nazis who sought to use the pro-gun rally for their racist perversion. I will concede that the pro-gun people at the least have no problem with Jews and blacks defending themselves with Second-Amendment rights against people who would like to start the Holocaust anew, this time in America and this time including blacks. But before that is necessary the US Army could mow down some people who wish that the Other Side had won World War II so that they would not have to share the world with blacks or Jews. 

OK, I am for taking guns away... from criminals, lunatics, addicts, wife-beaters, and habitual drunkards.  Sport hunters? I live in deer country, and I would prefer that some hunter take out a deer than that I hit one. I have hit two in Michigan. I have taken a dog for a walk, and the tiger took a ferocious lunge at a deer, giving me a nasty backache in the process.
Not Trump directly, but still:

[Image: 3826e953a1342b7f01b4b3dcf740f3982e536777...=800&h=510]
[Image: ecff45159c850c764e3e65c934c53d1878e900f9...=600&h=361]
[Image: 6130f4d09659c8252256462bd8f6c76e650dc9a3...ng?w=600&h]
(01-23-2020, 09:48 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: [ -> ]You COULD post in that other thread, John.....

http://generational-theory.com/forum/thread-5967.html

This is the Let's make fun of TRUMP thread. Or do YOU have a sense of humor about YOUR guy?

Here's a 60's meme one can dig, man

Hey you. get off of my thread. I reckon  the Stones knew the Boomers even then. Heh.