Generational Theory Forum: The Fourth Turning Forum: A message board discussing generations and the Strauss Howe generational theory

Full Version: Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(09-18-2016, 02:49 AM)Bob Butler 54 Wrote: [ -> ]CNN reporter Jeremy Diamond rants about how The Donald mistreats the press.  Donald Trump's surreal Friday, from press row

Quite understandable.  I'd be pissed if I got the ol'e bait and switch done to me .  They're

such:

[Image: stock-vector-sweet-candy-colorful-lollip...289337.jpg] Big Grin

http://www.thedailybeast.com/cheats/2016...-roll.html
(09-18-2016, 01:28 AM)Eric the Green Wrote: [ -> ]I dedicate this post to Rags, who also sometimes can't resist posting the wrong things in the wrong place.

Hey, I'm just getting my, uh "KIX!"

Ah. So nice that folks think of lil' ole me. Cool

Get your KIX on rt 66

[Image: 1317926147_485.jpg]
He's still a crank. He has chosen to cast the blame to the other side...

He lied and he now seeks to pass the fault for his lying elsewhere -- even to the Clinton campaign.

Here's the subtlety: if you tell a non-truth in good faith, you are not a liar. Thus if I am to give an account of a mirage I am not lying. (Of course I would also state that a mirage is an optical illusion, basically a reflection of a body of water, clouds, or even air). If you keep telling a non-truth after such has been debunked and you know that it has been debunked, then you are a liar.

This is not his only lie. He has said many things solely with concern for their convenience and not for their truth. So Donald Trump dumps a lie that is no longer convenient (after all, nobody will have any question of the birthplace of the President of the United States on January 22, 2017); he fails to recognize that it was a big part of his campaign and blames... Democrats!

Casting blame falsely is another lie.

Donald Trump -- the lies may change, but the liar doesn't.
The liar doesn't change, and it seems neither do the deplorables who follow the liar.
(09-18-2016, 03:06 AM)Ragnarök_62 Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-18-2016, 01:28 AM)Eric the Green Wrote: [ -> ]I dedicate this post to Rags, who also sometimes can't resist posting the wrong things in the wrong place.

Hey, I'm just getting my, uh "KIX!"

Ah. So nice that folks think of lil' ole me. Cool

Get your KIX on rt 66

[Image: 1317926147_485.jpg]

Speaking of that thread on which you posted a song for kix, that sign says "national route 66 museum," and a few pages back on that thread I posted a link to an internet radio station of 50s and 60s oldies that is dedicated to that museum; I think the curator of it in fact is the owner of the station. So Route 66 is connected to that time of the oldies, a relative-few of which are among the "best songs ever." So, indeed, you can get your kix on Route 66. Each time in the past has its values; you don't have to only be interested your own times of life.
I actually ran into a Trump supporter who told me that while he didn't like some of the outrageous things Trump has spewed, it was time to try a successful businessman in the White House.

I did my usual argument that having a business man trying to run the country as a business would be the height of stupidity; most people don't understand that so it is usually a wasted argument particularly when talking with a Randian type.

I wish instead, I had read this from Robert Reich beforehand -

My Coffee with a Trump Supporter

Quote:I finally found a Trump supporter – this morning when I went to buy coffee. (I noticed a Trump bumper sticker on his car.)
“Hi,” I said. “Noticed your Trump bumper sticker.”
“Yup,” he said, a bit defensively.
“I hope you don’t mind my asking, but I’m curious. Why are you supporting him?”
“I know he’s a little bit much,” said the Trump supporter. “But he’s a successful businessman. And we need a successful businessman as president.”
“How do you know he’s a successful businessman?” I asked.
“Because he’s made a fortune.”
“Has he really?” I asked.
“Of course. Forbes magazine says he’s worth four and a half billion.”
“That doesn’t mean he’s been a success,” I said.
“In my book it does,” said the Trump supporter.
You know, in 1976, when Trump was just starting his career, he said he was worth about $200 million,” I said. “Most of that was from his father.”
“That just proves my point,” said the Trump supporter. “He turned that $200 million into four and a half billion. Brilliant man.“
“But if he had just put that $200 million into an index fund and reinvested the dividends, he’d be worth twelve billion today,” I said.
The Trump supporter went silent.
"And he got about $850 million in tax subsidies, just in New York alone,” I said.
More silence.
“He’s not a businessman,” I said. “He’s a con man. "Hope you enjoy your coffee.”
IT. GETS. WORSE.

Need I spell it out?

C-O-R-R-U-P-T-I-O-N.

-------------------------

Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump gave at least $45,000 to the campaign of Alan Hevesi, a New York state comptroller who later went to prison for his role in a pay-to-play bribery scandal, according to a Huffington Post review of campaign finance records.

Trump’s donations coincided with a $500 million lawsuit he filed against the city of New York in the hopes of reducing his property taxes. As the city comptroller and later the state comptroller, Hevesi, a Democrat, played a role in evaluating and settling legal claims against the city of New York and its officials.

The bulk of Trump’s donations went to Hevesi’s campaign for state comptroller, a race Hevesi won in the fall of 2002. In the fall of 2003, by which point Trump had given Hevesi $35,000, the city settled Trump’s lawsuit, a decision that would have involved both the state comptroller ― i.e., Hevesi ― and the new city comptroller.

The city reduced the tax assessment for Trump’s newest building by 17 percent and awarded the building a special tax abatement. In exchange, Trump agreed to subsidize 200 units of affordable housing in the Bronx. The settlement saved Trump $97 million in taxes he didn’t have to pay, he later wrote in Trump: How To Get Rich.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/trum...1a6e05666b

"I believe Donald!" But what do you "believe?" This fish makes Romney look straight as an arrow!

Maher is back with more funny Trump bashing! Go Billy!

As a master of insults, he's qualified to run against Trump in 2020!
President Obama stumps against Trump and spills out his heart for Hill's!

I'd say Donald Trump is Mike Pence's role model. He's joined the game of campaigning by insult. And insulting women!
(let's make fun of and bash Pence here too while we're at it)
What did Mr. Trickle-down economics say today? Just look!

Mike Pence: “Sarah Palin Is My Role Model For Beautiful, Smart American Women”
Written by Lea Vat Kens September 18th 2016
http://politicops.com/mike-pence-sarah-p...can-women/
[Image: 16688738525_e8f6703b04_o-645x325.jpg]

Republican vice presidential nominee Mike Pence said Sunday he wants to be like Dick Cheney. Pence named the former vice president, who served under George W. Bush, as his role model for the No. 2 spot in the White House. “I frankly hold Dick Cheney in really high regard in his role as vice president and as an American,” Pence said on ABC’s “This Week.” Pence praised Cheney for being “very active” in working with the House and Senate. Cheney left office in 2009 with a 13 percent approval rating.

However, the controversial governor of Indiana didn’t stop there. He also mentioned former half-term Alaska governor Sarah Palin as another example of people he admires. Only, when it comes to Palin, that admiration has to do with something else. “One of the great things about being American is I get to live in this great and beautiful country and help make it great again, because it can be and it has the potential for it. And I also can’t shy away from noticing how beautiful our women can be. It’s truly a blessing to be an American today,” he said.

“Take Sarah Palin, for example,” Pence argued. “Even though she’s married and I have the utmost respect for her husband, I can’t help but notice that she embodies everything an American woman should be and that just makes me very happy.” He added, “She’s beautiful, she’s smart, she’s educated, she’s a mother, she stands up for what she believes in, she’s doing an important job and most of all, she’s had a taste of political power and handled it beautifully. She’s ideal.”

Pence continued, “In a certain way, I’m proud to call her my role model when it comes to what American women should be like. But unfortunately, today we have numerous examples of the opposite. One of those examples includes Hillary Clinton, who just couldn’t leave enough alone, could she? She already had the First Lady position; she saw the inside of the White House and had a lot of fun in it for 8 years. She should have been happy and be done with it, but no. She had to go out and support feminism and then run for the Senate and the Presidency. And that’s not what modern American women should go after. Not at all.”

Pence also argued that, “with all due respect,” Hillary Clinton “looks like someone took a leprechaun, put make up on it, and told him to accept money from whomever it wants if that gets him the presidency.” “And that’s not an insult because it’s the truth, and you can ask anyone you want and they’ll agree with me,” Pence added. “Because, let’s face it: the most defining characteristic of a woman is her beauty. And Hillary Clinton doesn’t have it. Beauty in general, I mean, not just female beauty.”

“Now, Sarah Palin, well, she’s the spitting image of what a beautiful, smart, confident woman should look like,” he said. “She has several children, meaning she’s a good mother, she still manages to be drop-dead gorgeous whenever she appears on TV, and she still acts as the voice of reason when it comes to politics in the United States. I don’t want anybody to get the wrong impression based on what I’ve just said, but if I wasn’t married, you know I’d tap that,” Pence concluded.
[Image: 14433177_10209292691907260_2199242386298...e=587AA632]
Holy BatshXt, if this is what Trump and his minions believe what a family charitable foundation's tax status allows -

Some donations to Trump Foundation count as Trump's money, aide says

Quote:A longtime aide to the Trump family defended Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump’s record of charitable giving on Wednesday, arguing some money given to Trump’s foundation by third parties "is his money."
Lynne Patton, a senior assistant to three of Trump’s adult children and the vice president of son Eric Trump’s charitable foundation, told The Des Moines Register that some donations to the Donald J. Trump Foundation should be recognized as contributions from Trump himself because in some cases that money would have been paid to Trump directly.
“A lot of times Mr. Trump will give a speech somewhere or he’ll raise money in some way and he asks that that entity, instead of cutting a personal check to him, cut it to his charity,” Patton said. “That’s money that otherwise would’ve been in his personal account, right?”
“So when he cuts a check from his foundation for let’s say, St. Jude, it is his money,” she added. “No ifs, ands or ways about it.”
Patton was in Iowa on Wednesday for a “Women for Trump” campaign event in suburban Des Moines, appearing with Eric Trump’s wife, Lara Trump, campaign adviser Tana Goertz, and Iowa Lt. Gov. Kim Reynolds to provide personal testimonials on Trump’s character.
Patton did not provide a specific example of a third-party payment that would have gone to Trump directly but was instead directed to the foundation. But she provided a hypothetical: a corporation paying Trump an honorarium for a speech, and Trump directing that payment to his foundation rather than his personal bank account.
“There are corporations that hire him to give public speeches all the time,” she said. “Sometimes, he says ‘Hey, I’d rather you cut a check to my charity instead of cutting it to me.’ ”
When that happens, she said, it’s the equivalent of Trump making the charitable gift himself.
“That’s his money going into his foundation,” Patton said. “Just because the check doesn’t say 'Donald and Melania Trump, TD Bank or Chase Manhattan (Bank)' doesn’t mean it’s not their money.”
Trump has undergone scrutiny in recent months over the nature of his charitable giving. The Washington Post has reported that the billionaire businessman has given less than $10,000 of his own money to charity since 2008 and hasn't contributed to his own charity over that same period.
Patton dismissed The Post's reporting by David Fahrenthold, saying, "This is a disgruntled reporter who’s stretching the truth."
The foundation repeatedly broke IRS rules, The Post found, and paid a $2,500 penalty for an inappropriate donation to a political organization. This week, it was revealed that Trump settled private lawsuits using foundation funds contributed by third-party donors.

- at a minimum, this election is over; a real possibility that The Donald might go to jail

I've had the unpleasant experience in working the finances of such a foundation; it's complicated but it's not THAT complicated.  It's either a con or somebody is really really stupid.
Global Zero

Sent to me by Global Zero Action.

Hi team,

I wanted to make sure you saw this kick-ass announcement from Meredith below.

Global Zero Action is taking on Trump with everything we've got - because there's nothing more terrifying than imagining this man with access to the red button.

If you want to help, sign up now to be on our social media rapid response team, chip in to this new effort, and stay tuned for future updates.

—Zack Deutsch-Gross

Dear Eric,

I wanted you to know first:

We’re taking our gloves off and we’re taking on Trump.

We’re starting a new campaign -- #NoRedButton -- to confront Trump and the grave nuclear threat he represents to America and the world.

Trump reportedly asked a foreign policy advisor three times in a single one-hour meeting, “Why can’t we use nuclear weapons?” As if nukes were just a super-sized grenade, Trump’s hinted at combating ISIS by “fight[ing] back with a nuke” and encouraged Japan and South Korea to nuke-up too. Trump also refuses to rule out nuking Europe (saying “it’s a big place”) or the Middle East (“someday, maybe.”).

Given Trump’s penchant for threatening nuclear hell, combined with his proximity to the White House, there isn’t a graver danger or greater moral obligation than stopping him right now.

To be honest, we debated starting this campaign (which necessitated starting a new advocacy arm, Global Zero Action). I've led many Global Zero campaigns over the years, and never before have we chosen sides in an election. We prided ourselves, and still do, on our broad and nonpartisan membership — with support from many eminent political and military leaders from both sides of the aisle.

But the threat of Trump is too great. He doesn’t represent a party -- he represents a nightmare. Leaders and experts from across the political spectrum recognize this. And they're denouncing Trump on account of his dangerous nuclear rhetoric.

Trump is also vulnerable when it comes to nukes. Recent election research shows that independent swing voters in 13 battleground states believe Trump's finger on the nuclear red button represents an unacceptable risk.1Another very recent finding by MoveOn showed that men over the age of 30 who watched their new video about Trump's finger on the nuclear button were 7 percentage points more likely to ditch their Trump vote.2 With national polling so tight, those margins really, really matter.

If we make enough noise, if we truly raise the volume on the danger a nuclear-armed Trump, we can stop him.

>>> Sign up NOW to join our Rapid Response Social Media Team to Stop Trump from ever getting near the red button. <<<

And while I am terribly scared of Trump, I’ll give him some credit. Trump has created an historic opening for our movement: Never before in my lifetime have more Americans been this worried about nukes. We can seize this moment and make real nuclear reform a pivotal part of this election and the next President’s agenda.

To be honest, this isn’t just about stopping Trump. We expect much more from Clinton. While Hillary Clinton has hammered Trump on nukes, she’s been virtually silent on what she would do to create a world that’s safe from the thousands of nuclear weapons that have cast a shadow over all of us for more than 70 years. 70 years, and our world still stares out at the nuclear abyss. In a sense, that’s far more maddening than listening to Trump’s crazy nuke talk.

Our new No Red Button campaign needs your help, ASAP. We’re getting ready to unleash viral “memes,” sharp new videos, and other knock-out digital content to tip the conversation in the real world.

We’re looking to connect with 100 people who can share content on Facebook and social media 2-3 times a week, and really help us break through the noise.

>>> Will you join our key Social Media Team devoted to stopping Trumpageddon? Sign up here! <<<

We are also unleashing our national field power, activating grassroots chapters around the country, taking over the op-ed sections and headlines of local and national papers, and preparing #NoRedButton actions all over the campaign trail. We’re not holding back.

We know what it takes to end the reign of the red button -- audacity and diplomacy. Not bombasity and double speak.

Let’s get to work,

Meredith Horowski
Global Zero Action

PS: Making this new politically-edgy campaign means we’ve got to find whole new funding sources. If you can help us fuel this new effort, we’d deeply appreciate it. Please note, though, that these donations are not eligible for tax deductions.

1. New Findings Show Highly Competitive Presidential Race in Swing States, and Effective Strategies for Using Trump’s Vulnerabilities to Engage Progressive and Swing Voters [PDF], Lake Research Partners, July 6 2016
2. Moveon.org’s New Red Button Video Convincing Men over 30 to Ditch Trump Vote, Moveon, Sep 12 2016

Global Zero Action is a 501©(4) organization that is committed to keeping Trump far, far away from the nuclear Red Button, and to confronting the absolutely devastating power that comes with it.​

Sent by GLOBAL ZERO ACTION | 1342 Florida Avenue NW | Washington, DC 20009 USA
(09-21-2016, 03:54 PM)playwrite Wrote: [ -> ]- at a minimum, this election is over; a real possibility that The Donald might go to jail

I've had the unpleasant experience in working the finances of such a foundation; it's complicated but it's not THAT complicated.  It's either a con or somebody is really really stupid.

That doesn't feel right, somehow.  A Robber Baron?  Caught red handed at white collar crime?  Being....  punished?

I think this is an example of someone with partisan blue thinking being totally disconnected from reality.   Wink
(09-21-2016, 05:26 PM)Bob Butler 54 Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-21-2016, 03:54 PM)playwrite Wrote: [ -> ]- at a minimum, this election is over; a real possibility that The Donald might go to jail

That doesn't feel right, somehow.  A Robber Baron?  Caught red handed at white collar crime?  Being....  punished?

I think this is an example of someone with partisan blue thinking being totally disconnected from reality.   Wink

What is abundantly clear is that Trump and his Republicans are pots calling the kettle black. They rail against the Clinton Fdn, which has done nothing wrong and a lot right; meanwhile their own guy actually DOES personally gain from his own foundation and breaks the rules. The audacity of Trump and his followers is truly beyond amazing!
(09-21-2016, 05:35 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: [ -> ]What is abundantly clear is that Trump and his Republicans are pots calling the kettle black. They rail against the Clinton Fdn, which has done nothing wrong and a lot right; meanwhile their own guy actually DOES personally gain from his own foundation and breaks the rules. The audacity of Trump and his followers is truly beyond amazing!

Yep. Perhaps we need an icon where the irony and sarcasm drip a little thicker? Smile
(09-21-2016, 06:34 PM)Bob Butler 54 Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-21-2016, 05:35 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: [ -> ]What is abundantly clear is that Trump and his Republicans are pots calling the kettle black. They rail against the Clinton Fdn, which has done nothing wrong and a lot right; meanwhile their own guy actually DOES personally gain from his own foundation and breaks the rules. The audacity of Trump and his followers is truly beyond amazing!

Yep.  Perhaps we need an icon where the irony and sarcasm drip a little thicker?  Smile

[Image: applause-smiley-emoticon.gif]
(09-21-2016, 06:50 PM)X_4AD_84 Wrote: [ -> ]In some ways, even worse than Drumpf with the Nuclear Football would be Drumpf ceasing, as promised, strong deterrence against Russia, PRC, DPRK, Iran, et al. That would be a sure way to invite the start of WW3.

Yes indeed I agree.
It is necessary and sufficient that America repudiate Donald Trump -- for now.