Generational Theory Forum: The Fourth Turning Forum: A message board discussing generations and the Strauss Howe generational theory

Full Version: Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: 15078649_10209851142028164_1030764452479...e=58B87C03]
(11-18-2016, 01:06 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: [ -> ][Image: 15078649_10209851142028164_1030764452479...e=58B87C03]

The issue is the highly classified emails on her server.
There was no issue.
This little bit should help put the Clinton email scandal in perspective. Gods know the press didn't.

https://www.thisamericanlife.org/radio-a...act=1#play
(11-18-2016, 03:58 PM)X_4AD_84 Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-18-2016, 03:14 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: [ -> ]There was no issue.

Irony. We know for sure that Russian and Chinese intelligence operatives hacked several major .gov domains in the US. While the government has not given any specifics (that would be stupid, of course they will not), it would be naive to think that State and DoD were not among the top 5 domains hacked.

-- how do we "know for sure"? Assange has repeatedly maintained his sources are not Russian. The DNC was blowing smoke. Nobody said anything about China. Unless you are referring to something else altogether 
Quote:The irony is this. It is possible that a private off-the-books server is the safest place, under the circumstances.

Now the following is pure speculation on my part. I speculate that the government, knowing how bad the SCO hacking problem is, turns a blind eye to individual departments setting up deniable, off-the-books, "private" servers. We may never know. If this speculation is true, there is no way the government will admit, nor should they admit, to doing this. Loose lips sink ships. In wartime, secrecy is to be expected.

-- oh pure speculation. Nevermind then,  that explains it

Classified emails are issue for anyone but Clinton.
(11-20-2016, 10:39 AM)radind Wrote: [ -> ]

There were no classified emails. The emails were an issue for Hillary Clinton ONLY.

The focus on it was a political gambit that paid off big time for the deception-peddling Republicans. That's all they EVER peddle, deception; and unfortunately it works well on gullible, uninformed, often-fundamentalist heartland Americans. Substance doesn't matter in politics today for these people. Only "emotional connection" and lies.
(11-21-2016, 01:00 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: [ -> ]

There were no classified emails. The emails were an issue for Hillary Clinton ONLY.

Bullshit.  Here are few facts about the subject you should know.

You might also want to look at the sources.  Not that you will bother since you tend to live a fact free existence.

The focus on it was a political gambit that paid off big time for the deception-peddling Republicans. That's all they EVER peddle, deception; and unfortunately it works well on gullible, uninformed, often-fundamentalist heartland Americans. Substance doesn't matter in politics today for these people. Only "emotional connection" and lies.

Your claim is not consistent with the FBI report.
(11-21-2016, 04:04 PM)radind Wrote: [ -> ]

It's completely consistent with it. She was cleared of any charges, and Comey testified that he only found 3 emails marked "c" for confidential (not classified) in the middle of the messages.
(11-21-2016, 04:19 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: [ -> ]It's completely consistent with it. She was cleared of any charges, and Comey testified that he only found 3 emails marked "c" for confidential (not classified) in the middle of the messages.

Nitpick. Confidential is the lowest level of classification, but is still classified.
(11-21-2016, 04:19 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: [ -> ]

It's completely consistent with it. She was cleared of any charges, and Comey testified that he only found 3 emails marked "c" for confidential (not classified) in the middle of the messages.
The testimony I heard said there were several highly classified emiails.
Fromthe FBI statement. "Eight of those chains contained information that was Top Secret "
(11-21-2016, 04:40 PM)radind Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-20-2016, 10:39 AM)radind Wrote: [ -> ]Classified emails are issue for anyone but Clinton.

The testimony I heard said there were several highly classified emails.

IIRC those are the ones I mentioned.

The "top secret" emails in those "chains" may not have included emails written by Hillary. But I am not as familiar with that charge as with the other one, or whether this refers to the same emails as the other one.

In any case, it was a very minor case compared with all the allegations against Trump. Hillary used a private server; the public one was hacked anyway. She did not intentionally pass secrets to anyone, unlike General Patraeus.

A lot to read here!
http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2...fbi-214307
part 9 is "the investigation"

When I think about how many species on Earth are going to die, to take just one issue, just because of this silly email scandal and what people chose to believe about it, it makes me really sad.
(11-21-2016, 05:57 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-21-2016, 04:40 PM)radind Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-21-2016, 01:00 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: [ -> ]There were no classified emails. The emails were an issue for Hillary Clinton ONLY.

The testimony I heard said there were several highly classified emails.

IIRC those are the ones I mentioned.

The "top secret" emails in those "chains" may not have included emails written by Hillary. But I am not as familiar with that charge as with the other one, or whether this refers to the same emails as the other one.

In any case, it was a very minor case compared with all the allegations against Trump. Hillary used a private server; the public one was hacked anyway. She did not intentionally pass secrets to anyone, unlike General Patraeus.

A lot to read here!
http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2...fbi-214307
part 9 is "the investigation"

There were top secret emails and comey did not clear clinton. He chose not to recommend  indictment.
But as I recall the only ones actually marked classified were those three with a © buried in the text. The others were not marked, but were thought by Comey and friends that they "should have been" classified. According to the Politico article, maybe the best review of the case, the ones that were "classified" with a © included a note of congratulations to the new president of Malawi, and the "most sensitive" emails of the bunch cited by Comey were discussions of reports about drones that were already in the media.
(11-21-2016, 06:42 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: [ -> ]But as I recall the only ones actually marked classified were those three with a © buried in the text. The others were not marked, but were thought by Comey and friends that they "should have been" classified. According to the Politico article, maybe the best review of the case, the ones that were "classified" with a © included a note of congratulations to the new president of Malawi, and the "most sensitive" emails of the bunch cited by Comey were discussions of reports about drones that were already in the media.
Just review the actual fbi report. I am using my phone and could send link later.
Seth summed up the whole situation well this way:

Well, he seems to have backed off another of his campaign promises.  He apparently isn't going to lock up Hillary.
(11-22-2016, 10:48 AM)Bob Butler 54 Wrote: [ -> ]Well, he seems to have backed off another of his campaign promises.  He apparently isn't going to lock up Hillary.

I'm not sure that was a campaign promise.  I don't think there were many who expected it to be done.  If it looked like he would actually push prosecution, Obama would have pardoned her, anyway.