Generational Theory Forum: The Fourth Turning Forum: A message board discussing generations and the Strauss Howe generational theory

Full Version: Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Joe Scarborough, former conservative congressman and now life partner with her liberal on-air talk show partner Mika Brzezinski (daughter of Zbigniew Brzezinski), made some waves with the Drump today.

What set the Ego-in-Chief off this morning on Twitter?
https://www.dailykos.com/story/2017/6/29...on-Twitter

Donald J. Trump ✔ @realDonaldTrump
I heard poorly rated @Morning_Joe speaks badly of me (don't watch anymore). Then how come low I.Q. Crazy Mika, along with Psycho Joe, came..
5:52 AM - 29 Jun 2017
16,951 16,951 Retweets 58,159 58,159 likes

Somebody might be overcompensating for shortcomings. Joe Scarborough, Mika Brzezinski, Mark Halperin and Willie Geist were discussing the Trumpcare health plan that would take a sledgehammer to Medicaid. After noting Senator Rob Portman’s (R-OH) opposition to the bill because it would kick 770,000 Ohioans off insurance, they pivoted to taking Trump to task for campaigning on a message of economic populism. Scarborough mocked Trump for stocking his administration with the very same Goldman Sachs people he trashed throughout his campaign and then the crew pivoted to the phony framed Time Magazine covers found hanging inside at least five Trump-owned properties.

[Image: trumpmag.jpeg?1498754022]

After showing a screenshot of the fake magazine cover (pictured above), Willie Geist can be heard saying “Where are your hands” in reaction to the photo of Donald Trump. Brzezinski goes there, responding, “He's covering his hands here because they're teensy.”

I didn't see any reference in the wikipedia article that Joe was really a golf champion. He is apparently doing the Drumpster one better with a fake magazine cover of his own.
More fun and frolic as reported on The Hill.

‘Morning Joe’ host responds to Trump attack with ‘little hands’ tweet
BY ELLIOT SMILOWITZ - 06/29/17 09:32 AM EDT 1,131

“Morning Joe” host Mika Brzezinski on Thursday fired back at President Trump after he accused her of “bleeding badly from a face-lift” in an early-morning tweet.

"I heard poorly rated Morning Joe speaks badly of me (don't watch anymore). Then how come low I.Q. Crazy Mika, along with Psycho Joe, came to Mar-a-Lago 3 nights in a row around New Year's Eve, and insisted on joining me. She was bleeding badly from a face-lift. I said no!" Trump wrote in a series of tweets.

Brzezinski swiftly responded to Trump’s personal attack with one of her own, tweeting an image of the back of a cereal box labeled “made for little hands.”

[Image: DDfdPzkXoAI3M9p.jpg]

Trump’s opponents have long talked about the size of his hands to insult him, starting with Spy magazine editor Graydon Carter’s frequent references in the 1980s to Trump as a “short-fingered vulgarian.”

Carter wrote in November that the insult always got under Trump’s skin, to the point where he still receives letters from Trump containing images of him with circles highlighting the length of his fingers.

Brzezinski and “Morning Joe” co-host Joe Scarborough reportedly were at Trump’s Mar-a-Lago resort in Florida over New Year’s Eve this year.

Scarborough slammed a report that he partied with Trump, saying the two of them were there to try to set up an interview with Trump.

"Nothing that Mika and I did in setting up this meeting was any different than what all good reporters and news hosts try to do daily," he said.

“Morning Joe” faced frequent criticism for being too cozy with Trump during the GOP presidential primary last year, but Trump and the hosts began to frequently feud during the general election, and both have continued attacks on each other since Trump took office.

Trump has publicly insisted he doesn’t watch the MSNBC show anymore, but his frequent tweets about the hosts and attacks on the subject matter of the show have stoked speculation that he is still a frequent viewer.

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-r...ttle-hands
Updated at 9:57 a.m.
I once saw a dating guide intended to save men some embarrassment. The ring finger is long to the extent of testosterone, and a short one indicates (allegedly) either that one does not have a penis or has a very small one. Thus even though I am sort of a sissy, enough that I describe myself as a lesbian stuck in a male body (face it -- Men -- Yuck!!!!) I have a rather large endowment that has nothing to do with money or brains. I might not think it beautiful, but it is ... adequate. Men.... Yuck!!!!

This little hint could save men the embarrassment of going out on a date with a fake female.

Mika Brzezinski Responds To President Donald Trump's Tweets About Her | Morning Joe | MSNBC

Mika Brzezinski and Joe Scarborough address President Donald Trump's Thursday tweets about them, what it says about the president and the United States and the practical impact of his behavior.
(06-30-2017, 01:02 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: [ -> ]Mika Brzezinski Responds To President Donald Trump's Tweets About Her | Morning Joe | MSNBC

Mika Brzezinski and Joe Scarborough address President Donald Trump's Thursday tweets about them, what it says about the president and the United States and the practical impact of his behavior.

The above Mika and Joe piece is unlike many posted on this thread.  There is no audience whose laughter is allowed to leak into the main feed.  The speakers are in deadly earnest.  I've thought Trump narcissist, apt to launch personal attacks against those who oppose him, and he's obsessed with females in an unhealthy way.  Mika, Joe and company touch on similar points.  They also lean on the point that his undisciplined instinct to strike back allows him to be played by those who oppose him.

The point I haven't seen much of is that his persona is changing.  People at his age sometimes grow senile.  Trump is allegedly behaving in ways he would not have not so many years before.  Even if one buys that Washington DC needs a protest candidate, the country isn't getting what it voted for.  He's starting to lose it.

Can a psychiatrist with an unfavorable mental diagnosis turn erratic behavior into impeachable high crimes and misdemeanors?  It would depend on the nature of the behavior.
Chancellor Merkel stands ready to confront our idiot so-called president, and the base of deplorables who vote for him.

http://washingtonjournal.com/2017/06/29/...nt-speech/
(06-30-2017, 10:10 PM)X_4AD_84 Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-30-2017, 07:58 PM)Bob Butler 54 Wrote: [ -> ]The point I haven't seen much of is that his persona is changing.  People at his age sometimes grow senile.  Trump is allegedly behaving in ways he would not have not so many years before.  Even if one buys that Washington DC needs a protest candidate, the country isn't getting what it voted for.  He's starting to lose it.

Can a psychiatrist with an unfavorable mental diagnosis turn erratic behavior into impeachable high crimes and misdemeanors?  It would depend on the nature of the behavior.

There is now some incipient 25th Amendment talk on the Dem side of the aisle. The other side of the aisle really needs to look at this objectively. Maybe if that were to happen, there would be 25th Amendment talk on both sides of the aisle.

I wouldn't expect the red side of the aisle -- either side of the aisle -- to view things objectively, but through partisanship and power politics.  The Republican base voters emphatically put Trump ahead of the Republican Establishment candidates.  What happens if the Establishment comes out now and rejects the will of their voters?  It depends on the voters, of course.  If you believe the polls, that the Trump disapproval ratings could translate into approval of impeachment, it might be a win.  Even so, there will be a lot of the Republican base ready to throw a grand fit.

Regardless, the Democrats alone haven't got the numbers.  A bunch of Republicans would have to reject their president.
[Image: 19554219_1254262238015855_50337492398485...e=59D18348]
[Image: 20032001_1388084444616266_26959228441866...e=59F3B96A]
(07-03-2017, 11:24 AM)X_4AD_84 Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-30-2017, 11:47 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: [ -> ]Chancellor Merkel stands ready to confront our idiot so-called president, and the base of deplorables who vote for him.

A problem which may never be solved is people in the US are the least traveled overall versus other major advanced democracies. We have a minority who are worldly but masses who, if they even have passports, used them to go to the Caribbean, near Latin America or at most the South Pacific. One might use the "big country" defense (e.g. "who needs to travel abroad when there is so much here?") however the travel habits of average Australians, Canadians and hell, even Russians (and they are the biggest big country) give lie to this supposed defense. The way the average American Idiot gains international perspective is when international issues bite him or her in the ass.
Lets see, do I want to drop $10,000 on a trip to Europe or a fishing boat? Hmmmm....Boat wins!
(07-03-2017, 11:24 AM)X_4AD_84 Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-30-2017, 11:47 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: [ -> ]Chancellor Merkel stands ready to confront our idiot so-called president, and the base of deplorables who vote for him.

A problem which may never be solved is people in the US are the least traveled overall versus other major advanced democracies. We have a minority who are worldly but masses who, if they even have passports, used them to go to the Caribbean, near Latin America or at most the South Pacific. One might use the "big country" defense (e.g. "who needs to travel abroad when there is so much here?") however the travel habits of average Australians, Canadians and hell, even Russians (and they are the biggest big country) give lie to this supposed defense. The way the average American Idiot gains international perspective is when international issues bite him or her in the ass.

Excellent point. I do want to travel to Europe and Asia someday. But I expect that I will find more in common with the people there than with the people in much of red America.
If you want to see a great portrait of the kind of people who rule America today, led by our dear leader, watch my favorite episode of Perry Mason tonight! See the greediest villain of all time, and watch for what he says when Perry asks him how much money he wants! It's on Me TV tonight at 11:30.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSyd0_JlGKq2nMyWmvoQvB...s57Yd7rmh2]
The President has inquired about the possibility of giving himself a pardon. If he can pardon himself at will, then he can do anything -- even order a murder.

This President is acting like an absolute monarch; I am surprised that he does not try to get a crown, throne, and scepter.

...If we are to have a King, then let us get a constitutional monarch -- could we appoint the Windsors (UK)? Borbon y los dos Sicilias (Spain)>
Orange (Netherlands)? Maybe the Japanese Royal Family might be interested in reigning over territory that would have been ruled by that family had WWII gone differently. Hapsburg? Hohenzollern? Glucksberg?
(07-20-2017, 11:49 PM)pbrower2a Wrote: [ -> ]The President has inquired about the possibility of giving himself a pardon. If he can pardon himself  at will, then he can do anything -- even order a murder.

If I take that seriously...

By tradition, you don't prosecute a president by ordinary court of law while he is in office.  You need to impeach first.  Don't think you can block impeachment through the pardon process, though they haven't the votes for impeachment yet.

I've heard it said that Bush 43 never leaves the country for fear he would be arrested and tried for war crimes.  I didn't anticipate anyone beating that...
We could soon be approaching the point at which laughing about this Presidency becomes impossible
(07-21-2017, 06:22 AM)pbrower2a Wrote: [ -> ]We could soon be approaching the point at which laughing about this Presidency becomes impossible

Yes, we have to do it while we can. It may be illegal soon if Drump gets his way.

(not to mention that a lot of what he does is not really a laughing matter to those who get hurt)

I noticed that not only does Jerome Klee (The greedy Perry Mason villain) resemble Trump (as a character), but Klee's executive secretary bore a strong physical and general resemblance to Reince Priebus.

[Image: Lanteau_e266.jpg][Image: priebus-mtp.jpg]

(William Lanteau as Ross Darley)
I understand the point that we can't convince Trump supporters of the error of their ways by insulting or ridiculing them. On the other hand, they are the ones who created him, and so they are responsible for everything that he and the Republicans do. If they are this stupid, then maybe they are fair game. At least it should be understandable why some comics, reporters, blue-spinners and pundits make fun of them or call them out.

How Deranged Are Trump Supporters? New Poll Shows That It's Worse Than You Ever Imagined

By News Corpse
Wednesday Jul 19, 2017 · 4:22 PM PDT
https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2017/7/...=emaildkre

In the Era of Trump, Americans have been been subjected to wild diversions from reality. Donald Trump and company have unleashed baseless accusations of "fake news," and the ceaseless dissemination of "alternative facts." They have violated constitutional protections of free speech and abused the media in an unprecedented manner. Trump called the media "the enemy of the American people." And his White House Press Office has discontinued on-camera briefings.

This overt hostility and flagrant assault on transparency has had an impact on a certain sector of the electorate. Trump voters have evolved into a breed of ill-informed, willfully ignorant yokels whose devotion to their Orange Julius Caesar borders on cult worship. This alarming descent into madness is frightfully illustrated in the results of a new survey by Public Policy Polling (PPP). The depth of the delirium of these lost souls is unimaginable. And yet, the data from the PPP pollsters is clear. Here are some examples from the study:

Only 45% of Trump voters believe Donald Trump Jr. had a meeting with Russians about information that might be harmful to Hillary Clinton...even though Trump Jr. admitted it. 32% say the meeting didn't happen and 24% say they're not sure.
72% of Trump voters consider the Russia story overall to be 'fake news,' only 14% disagree.
Only 24% of Trump voters even want an investigation into whether the Trump campaign colluded with Russia, 64% are opposed to an investigation.
Only 26% of Trump voters admit that Russia wanted Trump to win the election, 44% claim Russia wanted Hillary Clinton to win, and 31% say they're not sure one way or the other.
Even if there was an investigation, and it found that the Trump campaign did collude with Russia to aid his campaign, 77% of his supporters think he should still stay in office to just 16% who believe he should resign.

What manner of sickness is this? Less than half of the Trump disciples believe that Don, Jr. met with Russians despite his having confirmed it. Do they think he's lying? More troubling though, is that more than three quarters of the StormTrumpers are comfortable with him serving as president even if he conspired with a foreign hostile enemy to steal the election.

Is there any line he can't cross? Apparently not. Because the survey also asked a question referencing Trump's campaign comment that he could shoot someone on Fifth Avenue and not lose any voters. And 45% of Trump voters said they would still approve of him if he shot someone. This is Jonestown-level dementia. When people talk about "drinking the Kool-Aid," they can't get closer to that comparison than this.

As a final humiliation to the President, PPP asked respondents to indicate who they trusted more: Trump or various media organizations. Trump lost in every match up:

Voters say they trust NBC and ABC each more than him, 56/38. They say they trust CBS more than him 56/39. They say they trust the New York Times more than him 55/38. Voters say they trust CNN more than him 54/39. And they say they trust the Washington Post more than him 53/38.

Those are significant majorities that favor the "failing" New York Times and "fake news" CNN. Despite Trump's relentless efforts to negatively brand his media adversaries, he has had no success in doing so. And his continued whining in the face of that rejection is pathetic.

However, his glassy-eyed followers will undoubtedly fall in line no matter what atrocities he commits. That's a sad commentary on the state of the nation. It remains to be seen how they will eventually react when the hammer comes down on his criminality. They may just pretend not to have supported him in the first place. After all, the one thing we've learned about them is that they have an unlimited capacity for self-delusion.
Eric -- you might want to take that post to the polling thread. I'd like to do some analysis of this material, but I can;t add any humor to it except to add another piece of mockery about the President having won in a landslide -- which is old by now.
Another spoof:

[Image: cult45-fool-aid-32m-favorite-drink-of-tr...451852.png]