Generational Theory Forum: The Fourth Turning Forum: A message board discussing generations and the Strauss Howe generational theory

Full Version: ‘Needs To Be Done’: Biden Calls For Returning More US Troops To Syria
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
‘Needs To Be Done’: Biden Calls For Returning More US Troops To Syria

https://dailycaller.com/2019/10/15/needs...ops-syria/
I can't decide if this is just a knee-jerk 'anti-Trump' decision or a payout to the DNC and Lincoln Republicans who get payoffs from military contractors. We don't legitimately have an interest in Syria and most of what we have done there has just made things worse. When did the Democrats stop being anti-war? I think I missed the memo.
(01-27-2021, 05:19 PM)mamabug Wrote: [ -> ]I can't decide if this is just a knee-jerk 'anti-Trump' decision or a payout to the DNC and Lincoln Republicans who get payoffs from military contractors.  We don't legitimately have an interest in Syria and most of what we have done there has just made things worse.  When did the Democrats stop being anti-war?  I think I missed the memo.

Taking a guess, this is intended to disrupt the Russians and Iranians.  I think it's too late to prevent genocide.  Then again, the Daily Caller is not what we would call a first rate source of journalism, so grain of salt applied.
(01-27-2021, 05:38 PM)David Horn Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-27-2021, 05:19 PM)mamabug Wrote: [ -> ]I can't decide if this is just a knee-jerk 'anti-Trump' decision or a payout to the DNC and Lincoln Republicans who get payoffs from military contractors.  We don't legitimately have an interest in Syria and most of what we have done there has just made things worse.  When did the Democrats stop being anti-war?  I think I missed the memo.

Taking a guess, this is intended to disrupt the Russians and Iranians.  I think it's too late to prevent genocide.  Then again, the Daily Caller is not what we would call a first rate source of journalism, so grain of salt applied.

America does not have a good track record on wars aimed at preventing genocide.  Or proxy wars, for that matter.   I also tend to take the whole 'sending American kids to die out of concern for a foreign populace' thing with a grain of salt.  Just as with WW1, someone's getting money out of this.
You know that you live in the Twilight Zone when the US is a bankrupt warmongering police state and Americans look you in the eye and say that the USA is a peaceful and free country with a balanced budget.