Generational Theory Forum: The Fourth Turning Forum: A message board discussing generations and the Strauss Howe generational theory

Full Version: Senator pushes for gun rental background checks
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Senator pushes for gun rental background checks

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/...r-BB1dkMKv
I couldn't agree more. The triggering event for this law occurred not all that far from me. If you're suicidal and denied the "right" to purchase a gun, you should also be denied access through rental.
(02-07-2021, 09:55 AM)David Horn Wrote: [ -> ]I couldn't agree more.  The triggering event for this law occurred not all that far from me.  If you're suicidal and denied the "right" to purchase a gun, you should also be denied access through rental.

If you're suicidal you should be allowed to commit suicide with something like dignity. Your life, your sentience, your choice. Even Europe is grossly behind on this issue - you should be able to acquire Nembutal on your word for this purpose.
(02-07-2021, 10:53 AM)Einzige Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-07-2021, 09:55 AM)David Horn Wrote: [ -> ]I couldn't agree more.  The triggering event for this law occurred not all that far from me.  If you're suicidal and denied the "right" to purchase a gun, you should also be denied access through rental.

If you're suicidal you should be allowed to commit suicide with something like dignity. Your life, your sentience, your choice. Even Europe is grossly behind on this issue - you should be able to acquire Nembutal on your word for this purpose.

Not exactly how it happened.  Shooting yourself at a shooting range where others are at risk is not anyone's right.
(02-07-2021, 01:13 PM)David Horn Wrote: [ -> ]

Not exactly how it happened.  Shooting yourself at a shooting range where others are at risk is not anyone's right.

It wouldn't have happened that way if there were a clear, easy and logical method for obtaining assisted suicise.
Glad to see any progress toward more gun control.
It is coming from a reasonable place.  If the test is done by the gun range, is it due process?  Is it possible in the long term to regulate against suicide?
When the US was a free country, Americans could be kind, honest, and trusting, but living in a police state changes you.

No one wants to give to charities anymore because everybody is forced at gunpoint to pay high taxes that fund welfare.

No one trusts anyone because of wiretapping and you don't know when someone works for the secret police.

Everything is illegal, but there is no of rule of law. The government can't arrest everyone because there are not enough prisons and no one calls the police. People in police states must lie, bribe, and look for loopholes to do anything. Men might dress as Muslim females to escape surveillance and change their gender on their driver licenses.

Nobody has morals because there are no churches.

No one respects property because the state owns everything.

No one has children because what kind of life is this?

https://www.godlikeproductions.com
(02-07-2021, 02:36 PM)Einzige Wrote: [ -> ]

It wouldn't have happened that way if there were a clear, easy and logical method for obtaining assisted suicise.

Even Oregon, where it is legal, requires the intended suicide to be mentally stable.  You can't just off yourself because you're depressed -- not legally anyway.
(02-07-2021, 05:40 PM)Bob Butler 54 Wrote: [ -> ]It is coming from a reasonable place.  If the test is done by the gun range, is it due process?  Is it possible in the long term to regulate against suicide?

That's not how it works.  This guy had a protective order that prevented him from obtaining weapons, so he did an end run.  A phone call would have prevented this.
(02-08-2021, 01:53 PM)David Horn Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-07-2021, 02:36 PM)Einzige Wrote: [ -> ]

Even Oregon, where it is legal, requires the intended suicide to be mentally stable.  You can't just off yourself because you're depressed -- not legally anyway.

I understand what they require. But they're wrong. Mental suffering can be terminal and has a greater impact on long term quality of life than anything else. To deny the obvious recipients of a peaceful exit their dignity is wrong and injurious to the right of self-determination. And if you cannot die painlessly and tranquil, why not shove that in their faces?
Americans need to prepare for the collapse now because you'll be too late to get ready if you wait until the stock market crashes, the ATM machines shut down, the Internet, water, and electricity goes down, there are starving looters, riots, concentration camps open, Civil War 2.0 starts, and WWIII breaks out.

Buy guns, ammo, gold, and food and get out of the cities today.

Take this seriously.

Pass the word.