Generational Theory Forum: The Fourth Turning Forum: A message board discussing generations and the Strauss Howe generational theory

Full Version: the best songs ever: the lost years
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
Creepy, yet mesmerizing.  I glanced over the youtube comment section and a stripper said she used to perform to this song.  I get that, there is something sexy about the beat...if you can, you know, get past the devil voices and shit.

From "So," a great album.

I could practically post this entire album.

From 1983

1987--

I always liked this song better than "So Alive," which was their bigger hit.

Faith No More when Chuck Mosley was their front man.  The band went through a few lead singers in their early days, including, briefly, Courtney Love.  Fun song!  Not anything deep or heavy, lol.

1988!

Jane's Addiction's best album, "Nothing's Shocking," came out this year.  A couple of personal favorites from it:

Continuing with the boobs-on-1988-album-covers theme, here is a song by the Pixies.

Grunge!

Mudhoney released their EP "Superfuzz Bigmuff" in 1988, though I and probably many others did not catch it until it was rereleased in 1990 with additional early singles. 

"I opened my eyes!  Watched the sky turn blue!  I felt so good I almost forgot all about you!"

Rippin it up!

...this next one which is very special to me. It was one of my nana's favourite songs so it has a distinct memory for me. We played it for her on her funeral day. The music started and the curtains closed, hiding her coffin behind them. So Eric be respectful of this one. I know it is 3rd turning music and you don't like it but songs are memories and some are tender ones. This one is a beautiful one by Wet Wet Wet. Angel eyes.

[/quote]

Sorry; not available to me. Blocked in the USA.
My favorite REM album came out in 1988.

(06-25-2016, 01:57 AM)gabrielle Wrote: [ -> ]Faith No More when Chuck Mosley was their front man.  The band went through a few lead singers in their early days, including, briefly, Courtney Love.  Fun song!  Not anything deep or heavy, lol.
Yes, that one was fun. Well, caring a lot is pretty deep, although they didn't act like they cared. But that was cool. Nice colorful video. I didn't like their other songs I sampled though.

U2 I know somewhat and mentioned them on my "list." Where the Streets Have No Name I like. I don't always like the singing, but that one has a good sound. Peter Gabriel is popular in the circles I run in; I had heard that one about eyes before. Pretty good.

Is this the R.E.M. album with the end of the world as we know it song? I usually like that group.

Does R.E.M. "stand" for Rapid Ear Movement?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18