Generational Theory Forum: The Fourth Turning Forum: A message board discussing generations and the Strauss Howe generational theory

Full Version: Sanders Endorses Clinton
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(07-14-2016, 08:42 AM)Marypoza Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-13-2016, 03:40 PM)Odin Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-12-2016, 12:52 PM)Marypoza Wrote: [ -> ]Sux.. I guess it's over now. Still, from generational pov, it would of been cool if the Silents had gotten thier Prez. Guess I'll be voting 4 Jill now

If you live in a swing state I beg you to vote for Hillary, PLEASE!!! Trump cannot be allowed to become president.

-- why not?

You haven't been paying attention, I guess.

Odin can answer if he wants. But for me, among the most salient points are:

He is not presidential; quite the reverse. He insults people, and is very easily insulted. Having him as president would involve the USA in countless meaningless brawls.

His tax and regulation policies are trickle-down Reaganomics to the max. Huge tax cuts for the wealthy, allow business to do what it wants, huge increase in the debt with no credible plan for a balanced budget. His policies would put us back into recession quickly.

He is a climate science denier just at the time when we need to rev up our transition to clean energy.

He wants to allow states to opt out of the minimum wage or abolish it, at a time when wages are too low for most people. He denies the need to raise it. He has no credible health care plan to replace Obamacare, which he wants to abolish.

His xenophobia creates division in the country and distrust in the world.

His revoking of press priviledges for certain newspapers at his rallies fortells of a strong tendency to repression and violations of civil rights. He stirs up violence at his rallies as if hiring brown shirts. He is a potential dictator.

He proposes torture of enemies; "we have to take out their families" he says. He advocates war crimes.

His foreign policy proposals border on madness: allowing more countries to have nuclear weapons, abandoning NATO, cuddling up to dictators like Putin, among other things.

His policies consist of slogans. He changes his positions even from moment to moment. He is a compulsive liar that makes Hillary look like Abraham Lincoln on truth serum.

His proposed Supreme Court appointments would give the right-wing everything it wants. Despite his talk about having less corruption and big money in politics, these justice choices he has proposed would cement it. He is a crony capitalist, and proud of it. You really think he would now pursue opposite policies that curtail his own ambitions and that of his class?

His own business practices often consist of fraud, and walking away from investors leaving himself richer while they hold the bag. He is not as competent and rich as he claims. Now he wants to fool the whole country.

The Supreme Court is directly on the ballot. If you don't know that, you definitely have not been paying attention. Voting rights, LGBT rights, labor rights, women's rights would all be out the window if Trump becomes president.

He is a gun nut who supports most of what the NRA wants. He says there should be guns in bars. He falls for the line that good guys with guns are the answer to bad guys with guns.

He has no experience or qualifications for the job. He offers only entertainment value. The "change" he brings would only be for the worse. I too enjoy watching him speak. He is a spectacle. But that does not make him a potentially-good president.

What have I missed? It's hard to think of everything off the cuff....
(07-12-2016, 12:52 PM)Marypoza Wrote: [ -> ]Sux.. I guess it's over now. Still, from generational pov, it would of been cool if the Silents had gotten thier Prez. Guess I'll be voting 4 Jill now

If you live in a swing state I beg you to vote for Hillary, PLEASE!!! Trump cannot be allowed to become president.

-- why not?

Read this -

Quote:This Isn't Funny Anymore. American Democracy Is at Stake.
Anyone who supports Donald Trump is a traitor to the American idea.

........Emboldened because this and other whopping untruths did not immediately sink his campaign, He, Trump now has taken his truthless palaver to another level entirely. This is what he said on the stump in Indiana on Wednesday, when he was taking auditions for the men who care so little for their country that they are desperate to be on a ticket with a serial arsonist.

Quote:"The other night you had 11 cities potentially in a blow-up stage. Marches all over the United States—and tough marches. Anger. Hatred. Hatred! Started by a maniac! And some people ask for a moment of silence for him. For the killer!"

To be blunt, this didn't happen.

There is no evidence from any news source that this happened. By anyone. Anywhere. Nobody can find anyone who "called for a moment of silence" for the mass killer of policemen. Nobody has counted "11 cities" that are potentially on the verge of a racial holy war. RaHoWa, cry the white-supremacists. And now the presumptive Republican presidential nominee has joined the chorus. That's where his rhetoric has led him, and far too many people have followed along.

Yeah, but it was Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg who "crossed the line." Jesus, these people.

Nobody can find anyone who called for a moment of silence. Nobody can list the 11 cities. On Wednesday, Sam Clovis, a fringe character from Iowa who has been elevated to co-chairman of He, Trump's campaign, was put on a spit by CNN's Chris Cuomo and turned, slowly, over an open flame. Via Tiger Beat On The Potomac:

Quote:Cuomo preceded his line of questioning by remarking that Trump's claim was similar to one he made months ago when he said he had seen seen Muslims celebrating in the aftermath of the 9/11 attacks. Cuomo asked Clovis whether he could elucidate what Trump was referring to Tuesday night in Westfield, Indiana. "But calling for a moment of silence?" Cuomo said. "Well, it depends on the context, I guess, Chris," Clovis responded. "And frankly, I've had my nose buried in other issues. I'm not dodging your question." Cuomo was not buying it. "Sam, you're dodging it. You're dodging it. You're doing it artfully, but you're dodging it," the anchor remarked, as Clovis denied that he was doing so. "Context, my eye. Either you've seen they were calling for a moment of silence or you haven't."

Damn them all now.

Damn all the people who will vote for him, and damn any progressives who sit this one out because Hillary Rodham Clinton is wrong on this issue or that one. Damn all the people who are suggesting they do that. And damn all members of the media who treat this dangerous fluke of a campaign as being in any way business as usual. Any support for He, Trump is, at this point, an act of moral cowardice. Anyone who supports him, or runs with him, or enables his victory, or even speaks well of him, is a traitor to the American idea.
Why not?  Because you will have to answer to your kids and your grandkids.
This is why I'm voting for Hillary.
(07-15-2016, 08:52 AM)playwrite Wrote: [ -> ]

-- why not?

Read this -

Quote:This Isn't Funny Anymore. American Democracy Is at Stake.
Anyone who supports Donald Trump is a traitor to the American idea.

........Emboldened because this and other whopping untruths did not immediately sink his campaign, He, Trump now has taken his truthless palaver to another level entirely. This is what he said on the stump in Indiana on Wednesday, when he was taking auditions for the men who care so little for their country that they are desperate to be on a ticket with a serial arsonist.

Quote:"The other night you had 11 cities potentially in a blow-up stage. Marches all over the United States—and tough marches. Anger. Hatred. Hatred! Started by a maniac! And some people ask for a moment of silence for him. For the killer!"

To be blunt, this didn't happen.

There is no evidence from any news source that this happened. By anyone. Anywhere. Nobody can find anyone who "called for a moment of silence" for the mass killer of policemen. Nobody has counted "11 cities" that are potentially on the verge of a racial holy war. RaHoWa, cry the white-supremacists. And now the presumptive Republican presidential nominee has joined the chorus. That's where his rhetoric has led him, and far too many people have followed along.

Yeah, but it was Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg who "crossed the line." Jesus, these people.

Nobody can find anyone who called for a moment of silence. Nobody can list the 11 cities. On Wednesday, Sam Clovis, a fringe character from Iowa who has been elevated to co-chairman of He, Trump's campaign, was put on a spit by CNN's Chris Cuomo and turned, slowly, over an open flame. Via Tiger Beat On The Potomac:

Quote:Cuomo preceded his line of questioning by remarking that Trump's claim was similar to one he made months ago when he said he had seen seen Muslims celebrating in the aftermath of the 9/11 attacks. Cuomo asked Clovis whether he could elucidate what Trump was referring to Tuesday night in Westfield, Indiana. "But calling for a moment of silence?" Cuomo said. "Well, it depends on the context, I guess, Chris," Clovis responded. "And frankly, I've had my nose buried in other issues. I'm not dodging your question." Cuomo was not buying it. "Sam, you're dodging it. You're dodging it. You're doing it artfully, but you're dodging it," the anchor remarked, as Clovis denied that he was doing so. "Context, my eye. Either you've seen they were calling for a moment of silence or you haven't."

Damn them all now.

Damn all the people who will vote for him, and damn any progressives who sit this one out because Hillary Rodham Clinton is wrong on this issue or that one. Damn all the people who are suggesting they do that. And damn all members of the media who treat this dangerous fluke of a campaign as being in any way business as usual. Any support for He, Trump is, at this point, an act of moral cowardice. Anyone who supports him, or runs with him, or enables his victory, or even speaks well of him, is a traitor to the American idea.
Why not?  Because you will have to answer to your kids and your grandkids.
We have a piss-poor choice here.  Hillary is at least competent, in the same way Bill was competent.  The competency will benefit the Clintons and those like them much more that the rest of us.  The other choice is the abyss.  Is this really Hobson's Choice?  There seems to be only one real offering.
(07-15-2016, 08:52 AM)playwrite Wrote: [ -> ]Why not?  Because you will have to answer to your kids and your grandkids.

Or as Seth Myers says, it's ironic that Drumpf is interested in the future, because if he wins, we may not have one.
Pages: 1 2