Generational Theory Forum: The Fourth Turning Forum: A message board discussing generations and the Strauss Howe generational theory

Full Version: Trump & Putin. Yes, It's Really a Thing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Comrade Manafort, former Russian operative and current Trump campaign manager, tells us all is well because Trump's taxes are being audited -

Quote:Paul Manafort, chair of the Donald Trump campaign, said on Wednesday morning that Trump still has no plans to release his tax returns despite questions about potential business dealings with Russian interests. 

During an interview on CBS' "This Morning," co-host Norah O'Donnell noted that Trump has said that he does not have any investments in Russia.

"But does Russia have investments in Trump?" she then asked. "Would Mr. Trump be willing to release his tax returns to provide transparency on this issue?"

Manafort did not say whether Russia has invested in Trump, but said that the Republican nominee still has no plans to release his tax returns.

"Mr. Trump has said that his taxes are under audit, and he will not be releasing them," he said. "It has nothing to do with Russia. It has nothing to do with any country other than the United States and his normal tax auditing processes."

Sleep, Amerikanskies, sleep.
All is well
You will be great again
As Russian vassal 
We will  bury you, opps,
I mean, take care of you
Sleep, Amerikanskies, sleep
Trump is good
NATO is bad
Russia is kind mother country
Sleep.
Quote:Prove that there is a solid state entity called "Muslims." No, you can't. This is not the 7th century.

If you don't believe that the goal of radical Islam is to take over the world, then you're too far gone for me to be of any assistance to you.

Quote:If you were in the hospital because he destroyed your home, and then bombed your hospital, you wouldn't think this "Muslim" was a "moderate."

He could have killed 200 million people - and that still wouldn't make him a fundamentalist religious fanatic.
(07-27-2016, 02:20 PM)playwrite Wrote: [ -> ]Comrade Manafort, former Russian operative and current Trump campaign manager, tells us all is well because Trump's taxes are being audited -

Quote:Paul Manafort, chair of the Donald Trump campaign, said on Wednesday morning that Trump still has no plans to release his tax returns despite questions about potential business dealings with Russian interests. 

During an interview on CBS' "This Morning," co-host Norah O'Donnell noted that Trump has said that he does not have any investments in Russia.

"But does Russia have investments in Trump?" she then asked. "Would Mr. Trump be willing to release his tax returns to provide transparency on this issue?"
How about Russian investment in the Clinton Foundation?
http://www.npr.org/2015/04/23/401781313/...um-company
Russia:  Bipartisan bear, man.
PS.  Your citing CBS, one of the lamestream media sources.  I have 0 confidence in them and ignore anything those oligarchies have to say.  It's all about ratings and mullah, man.  I think there are 5 nodes to the Big Media cartel. 
Here's a [url="http://www.globalissues.org/article/159/media-conglomerates-mergers-concentration-of-ownership|] list of entities to avoid for news. [/url]
That's what I do.  When oh when will the Sherman Antitrust suits begin against this evil?
(07-27-2016, 03:55 PM)Anthony 58 Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:Prove that there is a solid state entity called "Muslims." No, you can't. This is not the 7th century.

If you don't believe that the goal of radical Islam is to take over the world, then you're too far gone for me to be of any assistance to you.
If you believe all Muslim or Arab states are the Islamic State, then ditto.

And worse, you are handing the world over to it!

Quote:
Quote:If you were in the hospital because he destroyed your home, and then bombed your hospital, you wouldn't think this "Muslim" was a "moderate."

He could have killed 200 million people - and that still wouldn't make him a fundamentalist religious fanatic.

But it does make him something infinitely worse, a genocidal killer. And THAT is not moderate, and THAT deserves no excuse!
(07-27-2016, 05:22 PM)Ragnarök_62 Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-27-2016, 02:20 PM)playwrite Wrote: [ -> ]Comrade Manafort, former Russian operative and current Trump campaign manager, tells us all is well because Trump's taxes are being audited -

PS.  Your citing CBS, one of the lamestream media sources.  I have 0 confidence in them and ignore anything those oligarchies have to say.  It's all about ratings and mullah, man.  I think there are 5 nodes to the Big Media cartel. 
Here's a [url="http://www.globalissues.org/article/159/media-conglomerates-mergers-concentration-of-ownership|] list of entities to avoid for news. [/url]
That's what I do.  When oh when will the Sherman Antitrust suits begin against this evil?

We really need to see those Trump tax returns. It could be very embarrassing. The Clinton tax returns are all on record, and so is the Fdn. You critics of Hillary have nothing; she is your cartoon character. There's nothing more there. Give it up. The Democrats nominated the real one. YOu guys keep knocking the cartoon. The REAL one is your next president. Count yourselves lucky for that!
(07-27-2016, 03:55 PM)Anthony Wrote: [ -> ]

And a radical Christian wants the Second Coming, so your point is what?
(07-27-2016, 07:18 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-27-2016, 05:22 PM)Ragnarök_62 Wrote: [ -> ]

Here's a [url="http://www.globalissues.org/article/159/media-conglomerates-mergers-concentration-of-ownership|]list of entities to avoid for news. [/url]

We really need to see those Trump tax returns. It could be very embarrassing. The Clinton tax returns are all on record, and so is the Fdn. You critics of Hillary have nothing; she is your cartoon character. There's nothing more there. Give it up. The Democrats nominated the real one. YOu guys keep knocking the cartoon. The REAL one is your next president. Count yourselves lucky for that!

AND the foundation is a charitable entity, if their tax returns provide a profit, they'd be in jail.  Trump also doesn't want his tax returns revealed because he doesn't give to charities.
Quote:And a radical Christian wants the Second Coming, so your point is what?

My point is that the Alawites stand in relation to the Islamic fundamentalists the same way the "Moonies," Mormons, Jehovah's Witnesses etc. stand in relation to the Christian fundamentalists; that is, they are regarded as a "cult."
[Image: Trump-Putin-kissing-Russian-893x280.png?1469542851]

The big news today is that Trump explicitly urged Russia to hack Hillary Clinton’s e-mail — i.e., to commit an act of espionage and cyberwar against the former Secretary of State and the current nominee for one of America’s major political parties. It goes without saying that this is shocking, unprecedented, and beyond the pale.

But it’s not inexplicable. Trump’s coziness with Russia in general and Putin in particular has become a feature of this campaign. We know that his campaign manager, Manafort, has disturbingly close ties to Russian interests. We know that Trump never fails to praise Putin, an autocrat, at every given turn. And we know that Russia reciprocates the love. There is a growing consensus in the intelligence community that Russia was behind the DNC hack, which shows that Russia and Putin believe that a Trump victory is in their best interests.

All of the above has been discussed at length in the media in recent days. One question that has gotten less attention is why. Why does Putin want Trump to win so badly? What is it about Trump that is so appealing to the Kremlin?

Trump answered that today. This aspect of his disastrous press conference has gotten less attention than his call for a foreign power to spy on his political adversaries, but it explains why he has Putin’s support:

Donald Trump said Wednesday that, if he is elected president, he would consider recognizing Crimea as Russian territory and lifting the sanctions against Russia.

At a wide-ranging news conference, Trump said he “would be looking into that” when asked about his stance on Crimea and Russia. The Crimean Peninsula has been part of Ukraine for decades, but Russian President Vladimir Putin annexed the territory in March 2014 after a popular revolt toppled Kiev's pro-Russian government.
http://www.politico.com/

This is jaw dropping. The annexation of Crimea violated international law and sparked a prolonged and bloody conflict in the Ukraine. It was an unacceptable act of aggression that has no place in a post-WWII world. But here Trump is, ready to “look into” giving it his official stamp of approval.

We knew Putin wanted Trump to win. Now we know why. Trump will not only turn a blind eye towards Russian aggression in Eastern Europe. He will excuse, allow, and enable it.
The stakes of this election are unfathomable. Trump must be stopped at all costs.
Update: Timaeus makes a great point. Trump has been bleating for months that he’s interested in reducing American support to NATO. What he said today is simply a more explicit version of what he’s been saying along. Trump is just fine letting our European allies fend for themselves.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2016/07/27...nd-out-why
But why shouldn't we turn a "blind eye" to "aggression" against a bunch of neo-Nazi, pro-Muslim anti-Semites?

The same way we should have turned a "blind eye" to the Serbs' "aggression" against the exact same genre of dirtbaggery two decades ago.
(07-28-2016, 03:19 PM)Anthony Wrote: [ -> ]But why shouldn't we turn a "blind eye" to "aggression" against a bunch of neo-Nazi, pro-Muslim anti-Semites?

The same way we should have turned a "blind eye" to the Serbs' "aggression" against the exact same genre of dirtbaggery two decades ago.

How about after naive idealism, comes the deluge

Next stop,  Dark Ages 2.0   Idea

(07-27-2016, 12:25 PM)playwrite Wrote: [ -> ]Did Trump jump the shark today

This shit borders on sedition! Angry
I wonder how long it will be before Vladimir Putin asks for the return of territory which hasn't been Russian since 1867.
Maybe Putin can get Sarah to arrange a sale, once their buddy is in the big house!

We'll call it "Sarah's folly."

Hey, that's 3 less electoral votes for the repugs Smile
Whatever ideas take hold in Russia, the pole start of Russian foreign policy will remain the same as always -- world conquest.

roughly (and perhaps apocryphally) -- Karl Marx.
There's a video that someone is tweeting around that combines and compares Clinton to Trump in their reaction to protesters approaching the stage.  I'm not sure how to link to it until it becomes a gif or put on on youtube.  However, here's the two videos -

Check them steely eyes of Mrs. Clinton; I know that look.

Now compare them to this whoose -

If I was Tsar Putin, I too would sure as hell want the latter as well as the next USA President.
Quote:How about after naive idealism, comes the deluge

Next stop, Dark Ages 2.0

As in the same "naive idealism" that informed our support for the Nazi-like "Contras" in Nicaragua, the nun-raping death squads in El Salvador, and even the apartheid schmucks in Rhodesia and South Africa, during the Cold War - or, for that matter, our "friendship" with Stalin, the second greatest butcher of all time (and first at the time) during World War II?
(08-07-2016, 04:40 PM)Anthony Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:How about after naive idealism, comes the deluge

Next stop,  Dark Ages 2.0

As in the same "naive idealism" that informed our support for the Nazi-like "Contras" in Nicaragua, the nun-raping death squads in El Salvador, and even the apartheid schmucks in Rhodesia and South Africa, during the Cold War - or, for that matter, our "friendship" with Stalin, the second greatest butcher of all time (and first at the time) during World War II?

Well, let's go way back and have a look see the why behind the Iranian Revolution of 1979 !.

So... CIA = promoting despots and secret police like Savak since at least 1953!

Pinochet is also a piece of work.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Augusto_Pinochet
[Image: 13907059_10208856609045461_3610029419326...e=581A3BE1]
[Image: 13932695_10208866720258235_6852901907362...e=585D6B8B]
Pages: 1 2 3