Generational Theory Forum: The Fourth Turning Forum: A message board discussing generations and the Strauss Howe generational theory

Full Version: The Partisan Divide on Issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(12-18-2020, 11:13 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-17-2020, 07:45 AM)Eric the Green Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-16-2020, 10:56 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-16-2020, 04:16 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-15-2020, 05:13 AM)Classic-Xer Wrote: [ -> ]How much do you want to bet that he's reelected if he runs in 2024?

I thought I answered that already. It depends on who is nominated in 2024.

All this talk about the "historic nature" of Harris as vice-president-elect could end up being very ironic, if that choice turns out to be the death knell of the republic.
Are you going to ignore an election result and nominate someone other than Harris who will most likely be President by then? Biden's people won't be able to hide Biden's condition for long being half the country already knows that he's got dementia. You should be happy, Liberals (the blue personality cult) don't like the idea of a republic and prefer a dictatorship. Ain't that what you want?

No, it's what YOU want, obviously. The end of democracy. And my astrological method of horoscope scores shows that Harris will never be president. Biden does not have dementia, and he is as ambitious as anyone. He will stick around and may even run for re-election. But if Harris is nominated in 2024 instead, then your chance will come again to screw up the country.

Your only idea of freedom is freedom to carry AR-15s around so you can massacre people whenever the hell you want. I could care less if that freedom is taken away from you.

As I've told you before, I have no interest in losing any of my American rights including my right to vote. Harris will be President if Biden is unable to finish out his term. That is what you voted and was willing to accept when you voted for the Biden/Harris ticket right? What is so difficult about accepting that distinct possibility? Biden has dementia. So, it's really just a matter of how long the Democratic political system (news, media, politicians, political spokes people and strategists) and his personal handlers/decision makers are able to hide it from the public altogether and able spin it and weasel their way of not knowing or caring about it and so forth.

Losing your right to vote? What really matters is meaningful choice. North Koreans have a right to vote, but obviously no choice. Theoretically you can vote for someone other than the candidates selected by the Korean Workers' Party (which is a Communist Party), but if you try you will be identified for harassment and worse by the secret police. 

I say this because Donald Trump has sought to invalidate an election so that it shows that he won. That might not be as horrible as how it is done in North Korea. Making a choice of the opposition invalid is also a denial of the meaning of a free election. Leaders simply entrench themselves. You may like that now, but what happens if your values change? What if America gets into a big mess and can't get out of it because the rigid leadership  that has entrenched itself will not allow any adjustment?

It is my assumption that my disdain for President Trump is as strong as the disdain that most Trump voters had for Hillary Clinton and now Joe Biden. That political polarization has gotten that bad is itself a problem. We have gone through all but the last month of the Trump Administration, and such misgivings as I have had of him as a person and on his political style while he campaigned for the Presidency in 2016 have proved valid. If there is any mitigation, it is that his lasting effect as President will be to have installed three Justices of the Supreme Court that some right-wing political cult approved of. Those three can practically ensure that the values of that cult be enshrined for a very long time. Basically, he who has the gold makes the rules.

At the worst, should Joe Biden deteriorate so that he should become barely presentable, then the people around him  -- mostly good people, by the way -- will squeeze him into a strictly ceremonial role. That's how it was done with Reagan.  It is probably best that Reagan's handlers concealed intimate details of his mental decline, if only for reasons of national security.
(12-18-2020, 07:57 AM)David Horn Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-17-2020, 02:09 PM)Bob Butler 54 Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-17-2020, 01:50 PM)David Horn Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-17-2020, 08:24 AM)Bob Butler 54 Wrote: [ -> ]I doubt even Trump want to see an end to democracy.  He just wants to scam his base out of as much cash as possible.  The fraudulent voting thing is just a way of doing that.  You have to keep the tensions high to keep the big bucks rolling in and bribe your enablers to keep it going.  Democracy failing doesn't matter that much to him.  So what if he destroys the country in the process of making a little money?

I'm not so sure of that.  Democracy is the hardest environment for grifting, especially for well placed grifters.  Assume the Donald knows this at the gut level, if no other way.

I'm pretty sure.  It is working.  Folks are sending him a bunch of money.  I'm sure if he could find a way to be president for life he'd try for it, but in the meanwhile he'll take the cash.

On that we agree.  Trump's #1 issue is money, followed by money, money and his family.  That's it.

Nitpick: I think that he long put "sex" and his personal esteem before "family". For all I know he might now be impotent.
CNN reports a screaming match in the Oval Office as a few of the rabid people looking to continue looking for a way for Trump to cling to power clashed with others.  Reportedly martial law was one consideration.  CNN is not the only coastal media to have an article, apparently, but here it is for what it is worth.
(12-19-2020, 04:49 AM)Bob Butler 54 Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-18-2020, 11:13 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote: [ -> ]As I've told you before, I have no interest in losing any of my American rights including my right to vote. Harris will be President if Biden is unable to finish out his term. That is what you voted and was willing to accept when you voted for the Biden/Harris ticket right? What is so difficult about accepting that distinct possibility? Biden has dementia. So, it's really just a matter of how long the Democratic political system (news, media, politicians, political spokes people and strategists) and his personal handlers/decision makers are able to hide it from the public altogether and able spin it and weasel their way of not knowing or caring about it and so forth.

Not able to finish a term?  It seems Trump is failing more than than Biden might.  He failed to act on the recent Russian cyber attack.  He failed with a facial attack on democracy, which is more likely a scam to draw money from the base.  He failed to take action on the racist violence and systematic racism.  He seems more focused today on pardoning folks and denying the incoming administration information than running the country.  One theme in the blue press is that he is fighting to keep a job he is no longer interested in doing.

Then again, failing to change the status quo, allowing past injustices to continue, would be a Republican thing.  I’m not sure that ought to include the Russians, or encourage a con man administration, but the reds were all in favor.  A Buchanan or Hoover bad president seems part of the turnings?  You have to demonstrate the old values have failed to get people to accept the new?

I’m seeing Biden as bringing in a competent team that he is sill quite capable of coordinating.  If Reagan could do it, Biden can too.  I would as soon have seen someone younger in charge, but he was capable of uniting the Democrats and getting rid of Trump.  That’s the important thing.
I'm sure his team are as competent as his running mate. I'm sure that he has assembled the best that identity politics has to offer these days. They may not be the best that America has to offer, but they'll make do for a couple of years as country continues moving further apart and as groups begin to take advantage of having a weak president in office.
(12-19-2020, 08:53 PM)pbrower2a Wrote: [ -> ]Losing your right to vote? What really matters is meaningful choice. North Koreans have a right to vote, but obviously no choice. Theoretically you can vote for someone other than the candidates selected by the Korean Workers' Party (which is a Communist Party), but if you try you will be identified for harassment and worse by the secret police. 

I say this because Donald Trump has sought to invalidate an election so that it shows that he won. That might not be as horrible as how it is done in North Korea. Making a choice of the opposition invalid is also a denial of the meaning of a free election. Leaders simply entrench themselves. You may like that now, but what happens if your values change? What if America gets into a big mess and can't get out of it because the rigid leadership  that has entrenched itself will not allow any adjustment?

It is my assumption that my disdain for President Trump is as strong as the disdain that most Trump voters had for Hillary Clinton and now Joe Biden. That political polarization has gotten that bad is itself a problem. We have gone through all but the last month of the Trump Administration, and such misgivings as I have had of him as a person and on his political style while he campaigned for the Presidency in 2016 have proved valid. If there is any mitigation, it is that his lasting effect as President will be to have installed three Justices of the Supreme Court that some right-wing political cult approved of. Those three can practically ensure that the values of that cult be enshrined for a very long time. Basically, he who has the gold makes the rules.

At the worst, should Joe Biden deteriorate so that he should become barely presentable, then the people around him  -- mostly good people, by the way -- will squeeze him into a strictly ceremonial role. That's how it was done with Reagan.  It is probably best that Reagan's handlers concealed intimate details of his mental decline, if only for reasons of national security.
Dude, I watched for months as a bunch of Democratic cronies/hacks/partisan judges/courts ignored/by passed/abolished existing laws and then proceeded to interpret the intent of an illegal vote. What Trump is doing now, ain't nearly as bad or outrages as what the Democratic party put the entire country through back then. I've been opposed to the Democratic party ever since then. I don't even consider voting Democratic these days. Trump isn't going to give Biden and the Washington swamp that Biden now represents the satisfaction of a concession. He's going to formally resign and leave the keys to White House hanging on the door. In about a month, Trump will be free to do as he pleases because he already has the power to split the country/government right now. The GOP (the 15% that more or less helped Biden win) is more or less dead politically these days. As I mentioned before, oil and water doesn't mix. I'm one, you're the other and there's no way to change it. You may as well get used it as being the norm from now on. Are you ready to receive a nasty dose of your own nasty medicine? I can't wait til Dopey starts fucking up so I can hammer Democratic voters and start really scaring the shit out of them too? You think, Burning Looting Mayhem (BLM) was bad just wait to see they're political counter. In my opinion, we are moving towards a natural split along several lines (race, creed, religion, class, philosophy and economics). How many years have I been saying that you're digging your own graves and telling you to start paying more attention to those on your own and what you and them are GUILTY of saying about other people? Do you deserve sympathy, help or mercy at this point?
(12-20-2020, 04:15 AM)Classic-Xer Wrote: [ -> ]I'm sure that he has assembled the best that identity politics has to offer these days.

"Identity politics." Interesting phrase. It seems to be one of those racist key phrases. It tries to make a positive out of racism. Traditionally, the best jobs are reserved for white males. It means your selection pool is very limited. The result doesn't look like America, but a much smaller part of America which tends to be elitist.

Racism is one of the issues of the crisis, any you seem to be on the wrong side. A look at the cabinet, and the Republicans are definitely on the wrong side. The key problems of the crisis tend to be solved rather brutally. This one, less so. The arrow of progress - democracy, equality, human rights - seems not to be pointing in your direction these days. Ignore the arrow and you find yourself heading for ruin.
(12-19-2020, 10:16 AM)Einzige Wrote: [ -> ]The complexity of Capital is a deliberate obscurantism. Issues of race, sex, etc. are produced by this social order to obscure the actual relations of power in society. Nothing more. All you people know to do is to reduce the social question to nebulous value judgments, knowing that this absolves you of the real - physical, necessary - struggle to resolve them. Even a pituitary moron like Classic X'er knows his insinuation of violence against Democrats is patently false. It's all an identity-based LARP. And capitalism prepackages identities for sale.
True. Identity politics is being used for economic gains by capitalists and retaining power by politicians. I assume that you have an identity of some sort. It's pretty clear that you're not content with being a nobody. I mean, look at the way you've been trying to break in and establish yourself as somebody here. The Democrats have been lucky to be able remain immune from violence so far. Well, luck has a habit of wearing off or running out and the Democrats are no different than anyone else as far as that goes. In short, the Democrats are playing with fire and they're going to get burned/torched eventually.
(12-20-2020, 05:03 AM)Classic-Xer Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-19-2020, 08:53 PM)pbrower2a Wrote: [ -> ]Losing your right to vote? What really matters is meaningful choice. North Koreans have a right to vote, but obviously no choice. Theoretically you can vote for someone other than the candidates selected by the Korean Workers' Party (which is a Communist Party), but if you try you will be identified for harassment and worse by the secret police. 

Dude, I watched for months as a bunch of Democratic cronies/hacks/partisan judges/courts ignored existing l
aws and proceeded to interpret the intent of an illegal vote.

Accommodations were made to ensure that more people could vote absentee due to concerns about COVID-19. Many things that people have done have put them at risk of COVID-19. Mercifully people could vote safely, even if they could not safely attend political rallies, attend sporting events or concerts, go to the theater (live or cinema) get drunk in bars, attend certain church services, or attend school.

In general measures that allow more people to vote honestly have the support of the courts. The courts also accept measures intended to prevent any tampering with the votes. Such includes control of access to voting machines and materials. Measures are on par with accounting controls in Big Business... and both Parties have endorsed such. 

The 2020 election looks much like the 2016 election except that it reflects one predictable change: the replacement of voters from 2016 no longer voting due to death and debility with voters under 40 who are much more D than those who no longer vote. Such would have been good for a shift of something like 1.6% of the electorate from Trump to Biden. That and nothing else would have moved Michigan, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, and Florida to Biden. OK, Biden did not win Florida.. but he won Arizona, Georgia, and the Second Congressional District of Nebraska instead, so that is a wash.   

Quote:What Trump is doing now, ain't nearly as bad as what the Democratic party put the entire country through back then. I've been opposed to the Democratic party ever since then.  Trump isn't going to give Biden and the Washington swamp that Biden now represents the satisfaction of a concession.

President Joe Biden will not need a concession from President Trump to become President. Becoming President depends upon winning the Electoral College, which Biden did fair and square. 

Quote:He's going to resign and leaves the keys hanging on the door. In about a month, Trump will be free to do as he pleases because he already has the power to split the country/government right now. The GOP (the 15% that more or less helped Biden win) is more or less dead politically.

So what did President Trump do to engender their distrust? Try to blackmail the leader of a foreign country? Acquiesce with racist thugs such as the Proud Boys? 

[Image: lltqx1b07o561.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a...9f6b19f892]

6MWE, one source told me, means "Six Million Weren't Enough". I checked it against Snopes... and that is exactly what that acronym means. "Six million" is the conventional estimate of persons that the Nazis killed for their Jewish religion or origin. I wouldn't be caught dead with that.    

Bungle the response to COVID-19? Arrange things so that money goes to Trump properties or associates? Be connected to mobsters? The stunt in which he had protesters attacked with tear gas so that he could hold up a Bible (which he neither reads nor heeds!) as an ostentatious display of false piety? Or the worst... encouraging people to intimidate and attack people protesting him and his policies?

If we Democrats did any of this you would be right to be aghast. So would I. No electoral result merits the compromise of due process of the law or any assault on Constitutional norms.   

Quote:As I mentioned before, oil and water don't mix. I'm one, you're the other and that's the way it's going to be from here on. In my opinion, we are moving towards a natural split along several lines (race, creed, religion, class, philosophy and economics). How many years have I been saying that you're digging your own graves and telling you to start paying more attention to those on your own and what you and them are GUILTY of saying about other people? Do you deserve sympathy, help or mercy at this point?

I have no idea of how long I have left to live. Ordinarily it is the center-left that gives the harshest rebuke to the extreme Left (typically that has been Commies) and the center-right that gives the harshest rebuke to the extreme Right (fascists) to ensure that people who hold the rule of law, Constitutional norms, and legal precedent in contempt have no home in America -- or any other viable democracy.

America has little Far Left of consequence, and that Far Left itself splinters on alleged fine points of Marxist doctrine. The Far Right gladly adopts symbols, memes, and rituals associated with terror, oppression, and even genocide. Think about it: if you knew some troubled kid who said that he wanted to be another John Dillinger, wouldn't you try to stop such?
(12-20-2020, 06:21 AM)Bob Butler 54 Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-20-2020, 04:15 AM)Classic-Xer Wrote: [ -> ]I'm sure that he has assembled the best that identity politics has to offer these days.

"Identity politics."  Interesting phrase.  It seems to be one of those racist key phrases.  It tries to make a positive out of racism.  Traditionally, the best jobs are reserved for white males.  It means your selection pool is very limited.  The result doesn't look like America, but a much smaller part of America which tends to be elitist.

Racism is one of the issues of the crisis, any you seem to be on the wrong side.  A look at the cabinet, and the Republicans are definitely on the wrong side.  The key problems of the crisis tend to be solved rather brutally.  This one, less so.  The arrow of progress - democracy, equality, human rights - seems not to be pointing in your direction these days.  Ignore the arrow and you find yourself heading for ruin.
Identity Politics goes against equality by teaching/promoting inferiority and reliance upon the state. It's backwards and counter productive and impedes progress. The Democratic party is still racist and still uses racism as a political tool today. I'd suggest that you stop using it and playing with it like them before it blows up in your face.
(12-20-2020, 07:40 AM)Classic-Xer Wrote: [ -> ]Identity Politics goes against equality by teaching/promoting inferiority and reliance upon the state. It's backwards and counter productive and impedes progress. The Democratic party is still racist and still uses racism as a political tool today. I'd suggest that you stop using it and playing with it like them before it blows up in your face.

It occurs to me that if the early part of the crisis, before the trigger and regeneracy, resembles the unravelling, then the younger generations have seen nothing but the unravelling. The suggestion that the arrow of progress is decisive is most true of the crisis, and least true of the unraveling. It this seems prudent to point out which side is which.

The side that tries to suppress the vote by frivolous lawsuits and throw away elections would be autocratic. The side that tries to run get out the vote campaigns and wins the election just before the federal regeneracy is democratic.

The side that is endorsed by the Neo Nazi and KKK would be racist. The side which is associated with the NAACP and NOW would be for equality.

The side which tears children from their parents and puts them in concentration camps is against human rights. The side which respects all peoples rights would favor the arrow.

You can try doublespeak. You can try to define the wrong end of the arrow as the pointy end. It just makes you look ridiculous.

I’d suggest you quit the doublespeak before it blows up in your face.
(12-20-2020, 07:59 AM)Bob Butler 54 Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-20-2020, 07:40 AM)Classic-Xer Wrote: [ -> ]Identity Politics goes against equality by teaching/promoting inferiority and reliance upon the state. It's backwards and counter productive and impedes progress. The Democratic party is still racist and still uses racism as a political tool today. I'd suggest that you stop using it and playing with it like them before it blows up in your face.

It occurs to me that if the early part of the crisis, before the trigger and regeneracy, resembles the unravelling, then the younger generations have seen nothing but the unravelling.  The suggestion that the arrow of progress is decisive is most true of the crisis, and least true of the unraveling.  It this seems prudent to point out which side is which.

The side that tries to suppress the vote by frivolous lawsuits and throw away elections would be autocratic.  The side that tries to run get out the vote campaigns and wins the election just before the federal regeneracy is democratic.

The side that is endorsed by the Neo Nazi and KKK would be racist.  The side which is associated with the NAACP and NOW would be for equality.

The side which tears children from their parents and puts them in concentration camps is against human rights.  The side which respects all peoples rights would favor the arrow.

You can try doublespeak.  You can try to define the wrong end of the arrow as the pointy end.  It just makes you look ridiculous.

I’d suggest you quit the doublespeak before it blows up in your face.

C-Xer and his allies believe -- deeply believe -- that white America is under siege, and being attacked from all sides.  They also believe they are the true Americans, and their opponents are <insert your degrading characterization of choice>. If you believe that, and you also believe your adversaries are anti-American, then it's easy to declare a no-holds-barred standard in opposing them -- and that's where we are.
(12-19-2020, 10:16 AM)Einzige Wrote: [ -> ]The complexity of Capital is a deliberate obscurantism. Issues of race, sex, etc. are produced by this social order to obscure the actual relations of power in society

There are issues other than elitism, division of wealth and tax rate that people care about. People who are not concerned with other's issues just won't connect. Failure to provide a check on the elites and an alternate to the elites creating a benevolent means of distributing the means of production are critical lacks of Marxism, causing them to become non players.

(12-19-2020, 10:16 AM)Einzige Wrote: [ -> ]Even a pituitary moron like Classic X'er knows his insinuation of violence against Democrats is patently false. It's all an identity-based LARP. And capitalism prepackages identities for sale.

I don't see the problem as intelligence. Again, it is an extreme reluctance to examine a world view that has set in. Humans will not change their way of thought unless it totally fails, By that, I mean Hiroshima level fails. Civil Rights Movement or Black Lives matter no violent protests. The violence that Classic attempts to portray as culture changing is way way short of the culture changing level.
(12-20-2020, 10:25 AM)David Horn Wrote: [ -> ]C-Xer and his allies believe -- deeply believe -- that white America is under siege, and being attacked from all sides.  They also believe they are the true Americans, and their opponents are <insert your degrading characterization of choice>. If you believe that, and you also believe your adversaries are anti-American, then it's easy to declare a no-holds-barred standard in opposing them -- and that's where we are.

What they believe - deeply believe - is in the division of wealth, in small government, that by hurting the working man and wealth going to the elites they remain 'superior' to minorities.  It would take a Hiroshima level event to make the examine the worth of this belief.  The deaths caused by COVID and the Black Lives Matter protests are not allowed to penetrate their thoughts.

And they are being attacked from all sides for these beliefs.  They believe in Identity Politics, that America exists for them alone, and all others are locked out.  For believing that, it is proper that they be attacked from all sides.

For all the good that that recognizing the problem does.

They can try to embrace racism, doublethink, elitism, cutting jobs, benefits, unions, concentration camps, authoritarianism all they like.  They can try to justify it by saying retaining their privileged position justifies hurting the things that got them that position.

Just so long as they recognized that there selfishness and greed is noted, and that no matter how they mischaracterize their opponents, the crisis problems will be countered.

Sure they can lie to themselves.  They can cluck like chickens.  It won't do them any good.
(12-20-2020, 07:40 AM)Classic-Xer Wrote: [ -> ]

"Identity politics."  Interesting phrase.  It seems to be one of those racist key phrases.  It tries to make a positive out of racism.  Traditionally, the best jobs are reserved for white males.  It means your selection pool is very limited.  The result doesn't look like America, but a much smaller part of America which tends to be elitist.

Racism is one of the issues of the crisis, any you seem to be on the wrong side.  A look at the cabinet, and the Republicans are definitely on the wrong side.  The key problems of the crisis tend to be solved rather brutally.  This one, less so.  The arrow of progress - democracy, equality, human rights - seems not to be pointing in your direction these days.  Ignore the arrow and you find yourself heading for ruin.

Identity Politics goes against equality by teaching/promoting inferiority and reliance upon the state. It's backwards and counter productive and impedes progress. The Democratic party is still racist and still uses racism as a political tool today. I'd suggest that you stop using it and playing with it like them before it blows up in your face.

The most blatant expressions of identity politics are those of racist, reactionary white people who have contempt for anyone not white, straight, Christian, and similarly reactionary. Trump exploited that in the extreme. It worked once. The Democratic Party is much closer to being a Big Tent than is the Greedy Old Profiteers Party.

Enough white people have no use for that garbage that Trump could not get re-elected.
(12-20-2020, 06:45 AM)Classic-Xer Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-19-2020, 10:16 AM)Einzige Wrote: [ -> ]The complexity of Capital is a deliberate obscurantism. Issues of race, sex, etc. are produced by this social order to obscure the actual relations of power in society. Nothing more. All you people know to do is to reduce the social question to nebulous value judgments, knowing that this absolves you of the real - physical, necessary - struggle to resolve them. Even a pituitary moron like Classic X'er knows his insinuation of violence against Democrats is patently false. It's all an identity-based LARP. And capitalism prepackages identities for sale.
True. Identity politics is being used for economic gains by capitalists and retaining power by politicians. I assume that you have an identity of some sort. It's pretty clear that you're not content with being a nobody. I mean, look at the way you've been trying to break in and establish yourself as somebody here. The Democrats have been lucky to be able remain immune from violence so far. Well, luck has a habit of wearing off or running out and the Democrats are no different than anyone else as far as that goes. In short, the Democrats are playing with fire and they're going to get burned/torched eventually.

All capitalist politics are identity politics. Do you think you're any different? No; you are supporting na imagined identity which has been produced outside of you (that of the rugged individualist) as if this identity defines you.
(12-21-2020, 08:10 PM)Einzige Wrote: [ -> ]

All capitalist politics are identity politics. Do you think you're any different? No; you are supporting na imagined identity which has been produced outside of you (that of the rugged individualist) as if this identity defines you.

I think he identifies more as a chicken.
(12-21-2020, 01:34 AM)pbrower2a Wrote: [ -> ]

The most blatant expressions of identity politics are those of racist, reactionary white people who have contempt for anyone not white, straight, Christian, and similarly reactionary. Trump exploited that in the extreme. It worked once. The Democratic Party is much closer to being a Big Tent than is the Greedy Old Profiteers Party.

Enough white people have no use for that garbage that Trump could not get re-elected.

Hey, maybe that GOP abbreviation is worth saving after all. Now that we know what it really stands for. Thanks Paul Brower!
(12-20-2020, 12:15 PM)Bob Butler 54 Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-20-2020, 10:25 AM)David Horn Wrote: [ -> ]C-Xer and his allies believe -- deeply believe -- that white America is under siege, and being attacked from all sides.  They also believe they are the true Americans, and their opponents are <insert your degrading characterization of choice>. If you believe that, and you also believe your adversaries are anti-American, then it's easy to declare a no-holds-barred standard in opposing them -- and that's where we are.

What they believe - deeply believe - is in the division of wealth, in small government, that by hurting the working man and wealth going to the elites they remain 'superior' to minorities.  It would take a Hiroshima level event to make the examine the worth of this belief.  The deaths caused by COVID and the Black Lives Matter protests are not allowed to penetrate their thoughts.

And they are being attacked from all sides for these beliefs.  They believe in Identity Politics, that America exists for them alone, and all others are locked out.  For believing that, it is proper that they be attacked from all sides.

For all the good that that recognizing the problem does.

They can try to embrace racism, doublethink, elitism, cutting jobs, benefits, unions, concentration camps, authoritarianism all they like.  They can try to justify it by saying retaining their privileged position justifies hurting the things that got them that position.

Just so long as they recognized that there selfishness and greed is noted, and that no matter how they mischaracterize their opponents, the crisis problems will be countered.

Sure they can lie to themselves.  They can cluck like chickens.  It won't do them any good.
I agree, blues continuing to do stuff like this won't do them any good in the long run.
(12-21-2020, 01:34 AM)pbrower2a Wrote: [ -> ]

You no longer have to be white to be viewed as racist these days. The Democratic party is getting closer to becoming a big tent that's full of what these days. Like I've mentioned, we've got a natural split going on in this country and you're going to find yourself stuck on the wrong side when it splits. I noticed along time ago that the Democratic side is a magnet for people who aren't playing with a full deck. The Democratic party's use of racism must have worked. PB, we're not going to be members of the same country for much longer.
(12-21-2020, 08:10 PM)Einzige Wrote: [ -> ]

That's true to a point, I do identify with being an American above all else. According to them, I'm a selfish, greedy, racist, sexist, fascist, homophobe and a dreaded rugged individualist too.