Generational Theory Forum: The Fourth Turning Forum: A message board discussing generations and the Strauss Howe generational theory

Full Version: The Partisan Divide on Issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I wonder how many white supremacists like Classic Xer understand the supreme achievements that some whites like Bach have made.

Not to mention the achievements of some blacks like the Supremes and the Motown Sound.
Judging the quality of anything by its achievements is bourgeois.
Appreciation is not judgement, Einzige.
(02-15-2021, 03:43 AM)Einzige Wrote: [ -> ]Judging the quality of anything by its achievements is bourgeois.

It is hard to see any outstanding achievement as proletarian. Ask yourself whether a novelist like Pasternak, a historian like Solzhenitsyn, a composer like Shostakovich, a poet like Yevtushenko, a film-maker like Eisenstein, a mathematician like Gelfand, a military leader like Zhukov, a physicist like Sakharov, or the chief behind a space program like Korolev, a diplomat like Litvinov, or such renowned musicians as Gilels, Oistrakh, Rostropovich, or Svetlanov is proletarian.  I have just mentioned a number of Soviet figures of high achievements. People can rise from being laborers (the proletariat) to being spectacular achievers noteworthy beyond their narrow circles in life. When they do that they are no longer proletarian. These people met bourgeois standards of high achievement. (I did not mention painting or sculpture because the Soviet Union between Lenin and Gorbachev was a great disappointment. Such art museums as I have visited several times in Chicago, Detroit, and Toledo have little Soviet-era art).

Is it fair to say that the Bach work to which I linked has much more wit and structural validity than  "Enoree the Eighth" or "They're Coming to Take Me Away, ha! ha!"? Classical music above else is music with deliberate structure intended (so it is with writing, painting, sculpture, architecture, or cinema if it is any good) to appeal to something fully human. I can't quite describe it. Fugues, near-fugues, ritornellos, and sonata form have satisfied people for centuries. I'm not going to knock folk tunes or folk art, as these may themselves have more sophistication than meets the eye or the circumstances. 

It is not folk art that is banal; it is Kitsch, work intended to appeal to the superficial delight yet prove empty under the often-flamboyant veneer of sophistication, that is debased. I've done painting, and it is often folk art. (I also do abstraction as parody). Don't get me wrong; I don't challenge the rules of perspective, and either way I do not do randomness. I may not fully understand the Golden Ratio, but I know its reality. I also know that some objects are completely unsuited to artistic depiction. Obviously I would never do a slaughterhouse or an automobile graveyard.   

All artistic endeavors make themselves subject to criticism, and an artist, writer, or musician bares oneself to criticism. If one does not want to subject oneself to criticism for failing to be outstanding, then maybe one can do machine-paced work or rigidly-supervised labor or service. Matisse and Picasso, the painters who most inform my style, made it look easy.
(02-14-2021, 04:22 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-14-2021, 04:05 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-13-2021, 10:35 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: [ -> ]Even if we get past our racial divide, to the extent that racism/xenophobia no longer dominate a major political party, as it now dominates the Republicans under Trump, we still will face the neo-liberal divide. The earlier Republican extremism of Reagan will still need to be overcome before we can get back to progress after 40 years of regression and decline. We have sunk so far now, that more than one ideology or prejudice needs to be overcome before sanity is restored to the USA.

No doubt, however, that getting past the first racist hurdle, however, will help us get past the second neo-liberal one, since there is some overlap between them.

Racism is now and always has been directly tied to the Democratic party and that will become more and more clear as time goes on. You have no other alternative than to go along and feed racism because those who use racism and rely on racism and exploit racism  represent a considerable amount of money and power within the Democratic party these days.

Fortunately your and Trump's strategy to pin your own failings on your opponents is quite transparent.
How many years have you been trying to pin your failures and all your issues with racism and poverty and all the problems with your minority populations on us? So, what do you think is going to happen to a race baiting white like yourself when Americans start challenging Progressives and start really pissing your minorities off? It's not going to take much to place your life at risk/on the line these days. You'll learn that your race means nothing to us dude as you're learning that you're race means nothing to them either dude.
(02-15-2021, 06:16 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-13-2021, 10:35 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: [ -> ]Even if we get past our racial divide, to the extent that racism/xenophobia no longer dominate a major political party, as it now dominates the Republicans under Trump, we still will face the neo-liberal divide. The earlier Republican extremism of Reagan will still need to be overcome before we can get back to progress after 40 years of regression and decline. We have sunk so far now, that more than one ideology or prejudice needs to be overcome before sanity is restored to the USA.

No doubt, however, that getting past the first racist hurdle, however, will help us get past the second neo-liberal one, since there is some overlap between them.

Racism is now and always has been directly tied to the Democratic party and that will become more and more clear as time goes on. You have no other alternative than to go along and feed racism because those who use racism and rely on racism and exploit racism  represent a considerable amount of money and power within the Democratic party these days.

Fortunately your and Trump's strategy to pin your own failings on your opponents is quite transparent.
How many years have you been trying to pin your failures and all your issues with racism and poverty and all the problems with your minority populations on us? So, what do you think is going to happen to a race baiting white like yourself when Americans start challenging Progressives and start really pissing your minorities off? It's not going to take much to place your life at risk/on the line these days. You'll learn that your race means nothing to us dude as you're learning that you're race means nothing to them either dude.

I can say one thing I've learned already, dude. What you say means nothing to me.
(02-15-2021, 03:24 AM)Eric the Green Wrote: [ -> ]I wonder how many white supremacists like Classic Xer understand the supreme achievements that some whites like Bach have made.

Not to mention the achievements of some blacks like the Supremes and the Motown Sound.
I wonder how many white supremacists have more in common with racists like you and Pelosi these days.
(02-15-2021, 07:12 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: [ -> ]

I can say one thing I've learned already, dude. What you say means nothing to me.
I learned that about you a long time ago dude. I told you a long time ago that if push ever came to shove that you were dead meat, Well, we are are almost there now that we're on a faster track so to speak. I figure your side (Democratic side) has about four years (maybe less) to mess up Washington DC beyond fixing at this point. After that, anything goes (no holds barred) pertaining to the Democratic side and winning the next war for American independence that follows is all that's going to matter at that point.
(02-15-2021, 07:50 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-14-2021, 04:05 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote: [ -> ]Racism is now and always has been directly tied to the Democratic party and that will become more and more clear as time goes on. You have no other alternative than to go along and feed racism because those who use racism and rely on racism and exploit racism  represent a considerable amount of money and power within the Democratic party these days.

I learned that about you a long time ago dude. I told you a long time ago that if push ever came to shove that you were dead meat, Well, we are are almost there now that we're on a faster track so to speak. I figure your side (Democratic side) has about four years (maybe less) to mess up Washington DC beyond fixing at this point. After that, anything goes (no holds barred) pertaining to the Democratic side and winning the next war for American independence that follows is all that's going to matter at that point.

Your side will certainly have an advantage in the war if the Democrats nominate a candidate with a 3-17 horoscope score.
(02-15-2021, 07:16 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-15-2021, 03:24 AM)Eric the Green Wrote: [ -> ]I wonder how many white supremacists like Classic Xer understand the supreme achievements that some whites like Bach have made.

I wonder how many white supremacists have more in common with racists like you and Pelosi these days.

How bot-like of you!
(02-17-2021, 01:01 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-14-2021, 04:22 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: [ -> ]Fortunately your and Trump's strategy to pin your own failings on your opponents is quite transparent.

Your side will certainly have an advantage in the war if the Democrats nominate a candidate with a 3-17 horoscope score.
She's already been nominated and duly elected and authorized to serve as you're next President. It's just a matter of getting Biden out of her way at this point.
(02-17-2021, 03:21 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-15-2021, 06:16 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote: [ -> ]How many years have you been trying to pin your failures and all your issues with racism and poverty and all the problems with your minority populations on us? So, what do you think is going to happen to a race baiting white like yourself when Americans start challenging Progressives and start really pissing your minorities off? It's not going to take much to place your life at risk/on the line these days. You'll learn that your race means nothing to us dude as you're learning that you're race means nothing to them either dude.

She's already been nominated and duly elected and authorized to serve as you're next President. It's just a matter of getting Biden out of her way at this point.

I know you very-much hope for this. It would serve you well. But who is going to get Biden out of the way?
(02-14-2021, 04:22 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: [ -> ]Fortunately your and Trump's strategy to pin your own failings on your opponents is quite transparent.

We already have the advantage in a war. Your current political advantage isn't going to matter in a war with America.
(02-17-2021, 03:41 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-15-2021, 07:12 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: [ -> ]I can say one thing I've learned already, dude. What you say means nothing to me.

I know you very-much hope for this. It would serve you well. But who is going to get Biden out of the way?
How long do you do you think Biden is going to be able to get away with being mentally unfit for office? Biden will get Biden out of her way. You'll disagree but America is going to be done with Biden pretty quick. Unlike Obama, Biden ain't black enough to matter to America at this point. The gloves can come off with Biden and Biden can be harshly criticized and treated like anyone else.
(02-17-2021, 02:46 PM)pbrower2a Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-15-2021, 07:16 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote: [ -> ]

How bot-like of you!
What? You're a racist too. So, when did the Democratic switch from race not mattering to race mattering to everyone and everything and mattering more than anything else? I know some people make lots of money off third world politics these days. I mean, look at the Obama's, Biden's and Clinton's. Who would have ever thought that public service and political careers associated with the Democratic party could end up being so lucrative these days.
(02-15-2021, 07:12 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: [ -> ]I can say one thing I've learned already, dude. What you say means nothing to me.

Dude, it won't be much longer and the Democratic party could elect Gumby.
I guess one way to avoid power generation regulation is to set up a state power grid that does not take power from outside the state.  No interstate power connection, no federal regulation.  I understand the only state to try this is Texas, and they manage to avoid the regulation that the grid has to work in freezing weather.  This results in a state wide blackout about every 10 years.

Must be worth it.
(02-18-2021, 06:19 AM)Bob Butler 54 Wrote: [ -> ]I guess one way to avoid power generation regulation is to set up a state power grid that does not take power from outside the state.  No interstate power connection, no federal regulation.  I understand the only state to try this is Texas, and they manage to avoid the regulation that the grid has to work in freezing weather.  This results in a state wide blackout about every 10 years.

Must be worth it.

This all date to the 1930s and the Texas obsession with Federal regulation of fossil fuels.  I'm all for neighbor helping neighbor, but a spiteful neighbor doesn't deserve it.
David

I was chatting lately with the meals on wheels guy, who recommended that I say inside for a while.  It was going to be cold.

"Not as cold as Texas," I responded.

That set him off.  He remembered and incident decades back when the tanker ships were hanging off the coast waiting for the oil price to go up, creating an artificial fuel shortage.  In response, a few Texans had a bumper sticker made up.  "Drive Ninety.  Freeze a Yankee."

I guess the Meals on Wheels guy shares your attitude about spiteful neighbors.
(02-17-2021, 05:07 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-15-2021, 07:50 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote: [ -> ]I learned that about you a long time ago dude. I told you a long time ago that if push ever came to shove that you were dead meat, Well, we are are almost there now that we're on a faster track so to speak. I figure your side (Democratic side) has about four years (maybe less) to mess up Washington DC beyond fixing at this point. After that, anything goes (no holds barred) pertaining to the Democratic side and winning the next war for American independence that follows is all that's going to matter at that point.

Dude, it won't be much longer and the Democratic party could elect Gumby.

Who is Gumby? And what's his birthday?