Generational Theory Forum: The Fourth Turning Forum: A message board discussing generations and the Strauss Howe generational theory

Full Version: When will the earliest New Prophets be born?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'd like to take the temperature of the forum on the issue.

From personal experience with two War Baby grandparents ('41 and '43), I'd consider the '43 grandmother to have a basically Boomer disposition, while my '41 grandfather was very much a Silent. So I'm convinced the earliest Prophets can be born during a Crisis.

And based on that personal experience (my Boomer-esque War Baby grandmother's being born in 1943, fourteen years after Black Tuesday), and holding to a 2006 Fourth Turning start date, I'd bet that the cohort of 2020 will look awfully Prophet-like when they've grown up.
They are called cuspers
(08-28-2016, 10:00 PM)taramarie Wrote: [ -> ]They are called cuspers

I know what they're called, but not all Cuspers are created equal. Like I mentioned, first-wave War Babies in my experience were all pretty typically Silent-ish, while second-wave War Babies were more Prophet-like.

My grandparents were both quite conservative, but they fought constantly; my grandfather was demure and fairly non-judgmental, while my grandmother loosed the fateful lightning every chance she got. "Cuspiness" is probably something like a glass-half-full situation, where when you get to 50.01% you're pretty much there.
(08-28-2016, 10:04 PM)Einzige Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-28-2016, 10:00 PM)taramarie Wrote: [ -> ]They are called cuspers

I know what they're called, but not all Cuspers are created equal. Like I mentioned, first-wave War Babies in my experience were all pretty typically Silent-ish, while second-wave War Babies were more Prophet-like.

My grandparents were both quite conservative, but they fought constantly; my grandfather was demure and fairly non-judgmental, while my grandmother loosed the fateful lightning every chance she got. "Cuspiness" is probably something like a glass-half-full situation, where when you get to 50.01% you're pretty much there.

Cuspers can be a mixed lot. Some more like one than the other. Location also is important. In America people would call me a cusper. But in NZ that is not the case. Foreigners bring that diversity with them among other things.
Poor Quiets. They're already being skipped over for the next Idealist generation in half the threads on their forum.