Generational Theory Forum: The Fourth Turning Forum: A message board discussing generations and the Strauss Howe generational theory

Full Version: Trump on Cocaine
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I don't know why, but a recent news report is making me laugh. Howard Dean has suggested that Trump is on cocaine. I would never have expected such a rumor.
(09-27-2016, 09:19 PM)naf140230 Wrote: [ -> ]I don't know why, but a recent news report is making me laugh. Howard Dean has suggested that Trump is on cocaine. I would never have expected such a rumor.

Trump doesn't even drink so I doubt very much that he is using cocaine.
Heavy users of cocaine don't live into their late sixties.
(09-27-2016, 09:19 PM)naf140230 Wrote: [ -> ]I don't know why, but a recent news report is making me laugh. Howard Dean has suggested that Trump is on cocaine. I would never have expected such a rumor.

I got a good laugh out of it but I tend to go to the mundane -- Trump had a cold and took some decongestant, hence the sniffing and drinking water. I've been there.

I still view him as a vile excuse for a human being...
(09-28-2016, 08:19 AM)pbrower2a Wrote: [ -> ]Heavy users of cocaine don't live into their late sixties.

Trump is 70. Wink
(09-28-2016, 12:07 PM)The Wonkette Wrote: [ -> ]

I got a good laugh out of it but I tend to go to the mundane -- Trump had a cold and took some decongestant, hence the sniffing and drinking water.  I've been there.

I still view him as a vile excuse for a human being...

I suspect you are right. I don't believe the rumor myself. I think this will lead to his defeat.
(09-28-2016, 12:08 PM)The Wonkette Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-28-2016, 08:19 AM)pbrower2a Wrote: [ -> ]Heavy users of cocaine don't live into their late sixties.

Trump is 70.  Wink

Which is why I don't believe that he is on cocaine.
What is it when Democrats make up out-of-thin-air rumors of supposed flaws in opposition candidates?

Turnabout?  Fair play?  Retribution?

This is unfortunately becoming a typical playing field in modern politics.
(09-29-2016, 07:59 AM)Bob Butler 54 Wrote: [ -> ]What is it when Democrats make up out-of-thin-air rumors of supposed flaws in opposition candidates?

Howard Dean used as evidence Trump's sniffling and the fact that he was drinking a lot of water.

I don't know is that is the case, but I will check.
(10-01-2016, 05:57 PM)naf140230 Wrote: [ -> ]

I don't know is that is the case, but I will check.

I could not find any statistics on death by cocaine addiction.
(10-01-2016, 05:56 PM)naf140230 Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-29-2016, 07:59 AM)Bob Butler 54 Wrote: [ -> ]What is it when Democrats make up out-of-thin-air rumors of supposed flaws in opposition candidates?

Howard Dean used as evidence Trump's sniffling and the fact that he was drinking a lot of water.

I figure he was fighting off a mild cold or flue, but couldn't admit it as a little while ago he tried to make a similar bug by Hillary a disqualification for her being president.
(09-27-2016, 11:41 PM)Galen Wrote: [ -> ]

That's what I think, I very much doubt he is a regular user. It is possible he tired it a few ties in the seventies were he was a regular fixture on the New York club scene.  Just as young people sometimes use ADHD drugs as a stimulant to get an edge it is possible an older man seeking tio get an edge in a important test might resort to the use of stimulant with which he had some familiarity from his youth.  It's pretty far fetched, but it is possible he could be using some sort of stimulant during this strenuous campaign.

Far, far more likely is all the exertion has lowered his stamina and he got sick. Clinton had a bout of pneumonia recently. They are both around 70.  This is a common problem with world-class athletes just before meets when they are maximally training so as to peak on the day of the competition.  When you push yourself to the limit the immune system declines.
(10-02-2016, 07:06 AM)Mikebert Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-27-2016, 11:41 PM)Galen Wrote: [ -> ]

That's what I think, I very much doubt he is a regular user. It is possible he tired it a few ties in the seventies were he was a regular fixture on the New York club scene.  Just as young people sometimes use ADHD drugs as a stimulant to get an edge it is possible an older man seeking tio get an edge in a important test might resort to the use of stimulant with which he had some familiarity from his youth.  It's pretty far fetched, but it is possible he could be using some sort of stimulant during this strenuous campaign.

Far, far more likely is all the exertion has lowered his stamina and he got sick. Clinton had a bout of pneumonia recently. They are both around 70.  This is a common problem with world-class athletes just before meets when they are maximally training so as to peak on the day of the competition.  When you push yourself to the limit the immune system declines.

Stimulant? Maybe -- but Donald Trump's performance, if on stimulants, shows why one should not use them.
Too bad the camera turned away at just the right moment -

[Image: IMG_2367.png]

- it wasn't cocaine.