Generational Theory Forum: The Fourth Turning Forum: A message board discussing generations and the Strauss Howe generational theory

Full Version: Start of the new cycle
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(11-15-2018, 03:55 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-22-2018, 07:29 AM)Bill the Piper Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-16-2018, 12:27 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: [ -> ]Outsourcing our abilities to physical equipment results in moral decay.

I love this quote in relation to the growing dominance of AI/machine learning in steering society towards the moral consensus for the 1T. 

Eric, I agree with your philosophy of soul over matter. I'm afraid we are a minority.
(11-16-2018, 01:48 PM)sbarrera Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-15-2018, 03:55 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-22-2018, 07:29 AM)Bill the Piper Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-16-2018, 12:27 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: [ -> ]Outsourcing our abilities to physical equipment results in moral decay.

I love this quote in relation to the growing dominance of AI/machine learning in steering society towards the moral consensus for the 1T. 

Eric, I agree with your philosophy of soul over matter. I'm afraid we are a minority.

On this site, anyway! Thanks.
June 2025 - after a four-year-long Second Civil War, ignited by the result of the 2020 Presidential election.
(08-11-2019, 08:20 AM)Anthony Wrote: [ -> ]June 2025 - after a four-year-long Second Civil War, ignited by the result of the 2020 Presidential election.

An ACW-2 would be the end of America in any understandable form.  Let's hope that's not the case.  Some sort of less violent but decisive schism might be possible though.  It will still end America as it is, but the shards will contain some greatness -- not evenly shared, I suspect.
(08-11-2019, 05:03 PM)David Horn Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-11-2019, 08:20 AM)Anthony Wrote: [ -> ]June 2025 - after a four-year-long Second Civil War, ignited by the result of the 2020 Presidential election.

An ACW-2 would be the end of America in any understandable form.  Let's hope that's not the case.  Some sort of less violent but decisive schism might be possible though.  It will still end America as it is, but the shards will contain some greatness -- not evenly shared, I suspect.

The Spanish Civil War suggests itself in political and cultural polarization. The Yugoslav Civil War suggests itself in regional polarization.
(08-11-2019, 09:10 PM)pbrower2a Wrote: [ -> ]

The Spanish Civil War suggests itself in political and cultural polarization. The Yugoslav Civil War suggests itself in regional polarization.

Neither Spain nor Yugoslavia held the position of hegemon when they had their upheavals, so how it will play in our case is a mystery … and a scary one.
(08-12-2019, 11:32 AM)David Horn Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-11-2019, 09:10 PM)pbrower2a Wrote: [ -> ]

Neither Spain nor Yugoslavia held the position of hegemon when they had their upheavals, so how it will play in our case is a mystery … and a scary one.

True. I can imagine foreign powers intervening to protect such interests as people similar to themselves at risk of genocide, securing markets that might vanish, seeking to establish client states, or snipping off territory. There could be unlikely allies choosing sides in a civil war.
Pages: 1 2 3