Generational Theory Forum: The Fourth Turning Forum: A message board discussing generations and the Strauss Howe generational theory

Full Version: Trump Trainwreck - Ongoing diary of betrayal and evil
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(11-29-2016, 09:54 AM)Warren Dew Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-29-2016, 08:01 AM)Odin Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-28-2016, 05:15 PM)Warren Dew Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-28-2016, 04:13 PM)Odin Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-28-2016, 04:06 PM)Warren Dew Wrote: [ -> ]Sure.  Just as some of Obama's supporters interpreted Obama as giving the green light to assassinating police, even though Obama wasn't "as blatant and open" about it.

Or maybe Trump actually disapproves of those guys just as one hopes Obama disapproves of the assassins.

Obama doesn't associate with the Nation of Islam and related Black Separatist bigots. Trump has a anti-Semitic White Nationalist as his "chief strategist".

Valerie Jarrett is way worse than Bannon.  And Obama had Rev. Jeremiah Wright as his pastor for years.

That you think those two are black separatists shows how brainwashed you are by right-wing BS.

I only pointed out that Jarrett - and Wright - are more extreme than Bannon.  It's you that is drawing the wrong conclusion based on your side's propaganda.

Wright said "god damn America," and with good reason, because of the way it treated and continues to treat people of his heritage.

But perhaps you could say he's an "extremist." I have no idea whether he's a "separatist." But Jarrett? No way. And again, Obama did not hire a preacher who said "god damn America" as his chief advisor. Trump appointed a white supremacist bigot as his chief advisor.

And he wants to combine the presidency with his business, and put people in jail for expressing their opinions. God only knows how he will suppress the news in his favor, or what other deplorable things he will do. You never know what you're gonna git.

The only moral atpproach toward Trump Inc. is resistance.
(11-29-2016, 09:54 AM)Warren Dew Wrote: [ -> ]I only pointed out that Jarrett - and Wright - are more extreme than Bannon.

More proof you right wingers are out of touch with reality. Rolleyes
(11-29-2016, 05:16 PM)taramarie Wrote: [ -> ]Lets stop with the smearing of entire political parties and the behaviour/beliefs of the individuals who support them. It is aiding in that toxic environment which separates and causes people to not listen. You too, Odin. If you want your country to come together and be inclusive you guys need to be aware of your behaviour whether it promotes unity or divisiveness.

Good thought.  I'm not sure it is compatible, though, with American values.
It looks like others are getting into the game of chronologizing the Trump Train's betrayal and evil -

How Many People Just Voted Themselves Out of Health Care?

I do like Krugman's contribution of "Trump Chumps" - an estimated 3.5 million White working class and another 1 million Hispanic working class getting set up to lose their subsidize health insurance - awesome Trump Chumps, just awesome.

And that's only Obamacare; the coming destruction of Medicare is going to make a really awesome load of Trump Chumps - most Boomers will get grandfathered in, but the Xers are going to get killed (in a lot of cases, literally).  If you think its hard to get health insurance at 30 or 40, imagine in your 60s, 70s, and 80s.  But I'm sure the GOP is going to be much more generous with subsidies than Obamacare.   Rolleyes  And I'm even doubly sure that the insurers won't keep raising premiums just ahead of those Ryan/Trump vouchers so they can lend helpful hands to all those 80 year olds.  Rolleyes Rolleyes

Keep an eye on that term, "Trump Chumps," it's going to be THE word phrase annual winner for the next 4 years.  I must admit, a part of me likes that.  Tongue
Remember when 2012 Romney got taken to task for Bain Capital buying companies to split up and sell off, resulting in thousands of working class losing their jobs?

This guy -

Trump taps 'King of Bankruptcy' as Commerce Secretary

- makes Romney look like Mother Theresa.

I wonder how many Trump Chumps even know what the Commerce Department does?
They're going to find out.
During the campaign, Trump was blunt and ready to ruffle the feathers of those who opposed him. It was suggested that this style might not be ideal in the world of international diplomacy. Personally, I don't think a congratulatory phone call from Taiwan's president ought to be that big a deal, but in international affairs an incident can be as important as the affronted party wants to make it.

Of course, if he continues in the style of his campaign, Trump might not care who he affronts. Perhaps the leaders of China can wait in line behind the gold star family, Miss Universe and various reporters. It might even be refreshing, though one might expect consequences.

I'd been hoping diplomatic professionals might prompt him through the protocols, but maybe not. Another thing to keep an eye on.
...Rules are for fools.

The world will learn how to deal with Donald Trump -- cut him no slack. Treat America as if it has a rogue regime... well, it will have a rogue regime, won't it?
Opinion: When will Trump voters realize they’ve been had?

By Brett Arends
Published: Dec 2, 2016 7:23 a.m. ET
http://www.marketwatch.com/story/when-wi...yptr=yahoo

President-elect’s pledge to ‘drain the swamp’ is all wet

Hey, Trumpkins — have you worked it out yet? Is the truth dawning on you, or are you still in the dark?

[Image: MW-EX676_trump__20161012134216_ZH.jpg?uu...137241c023]

See if you can put it all together from the resumes of those in President-elect Donald Trump’s closest political circle so far:

Treasury secretary nominee Steven Mnuchin: Goldman Sachs.

Chief strategist Steve Bannon: Goldman Sachs.

Transition adviser Anthony Scaramucci: Goldman Sachs.

Commerce secretary nominee Wilbur Ross: Rothschild & Co.

Possible budget director Gary Cohn: Goldman Sachs.

Potential secretary of state Mitt Romney: Bain Capital.

http://m.wsj.net/video/20161201/120116ca...ec664k.mp4

Trump is just getting started. Check out that “swamp draining.” The whole thing is just draining before our eyes! Take that, Wall Street! Take that, “international financial cabal!”

Trumpkins, you’ve been scammed. There’s a sucker in this game — and it’s you.

And by the way, what’s the best-performing stock in the Dow Jones Industrial Average DJIA, -0.11% since the election?

Goldman Sachs. GS, -1.44%

Yes, really. Shares are up 24%, to $225 from $182 when the market closed on November 8. The next biggest gainer: Wall Street powerhouse JP Morgan Chase JPM, -0.23%

Half of the Dow’s gain since the election, in fact, is due to just those two Wall Street stocks. By contrast, shares of “Main Street” companies Johnson & Johnson JNJ, +0.52% Procter & Gamble PG, +0.66% and Coca-Cola KO, +0.47% are down.

According to company documents, the partners at Goldman own 30.65 million shares. Which means that the partners at Goldman Sachs, in total, are $1.3 billion richer than they were on November 8, thanks to Trump’s election.

Remember when Trump and his proxies assailed Hillary Clinton for allegedly being too close to Goldman Sachs because she gave a couple of speeches there? Trump even singled out Goldman CEO Lloyd Blankfein, plus other Jews, in a sinister campaign commercial that inveighed against an “international financial structure” that cheated ordinary American workers. The 2016 election is “a choice between Donald Trump and Goldman Sachs,” insisted NSA whistleblower Edward Snowden earlier this year.

President-elect Donald Trump's cabinet is stacked with billionaires and other wealthy Americans. So how does the wealth of Trump's executive team stack up against previous cabinets? WSJ's Shelby Holliday reports.

What a number Trump has played on the “poorly educated.” No wonder he said he loves them.

Trumpkins are learning the hard way what happens when you buy an investment scheme from a con-artist. I’ve been writing about scam artists for more than 20 years. They always promise you the moon — that is, until your check clears.

When will these voters get it? Maybe never. Author Maria Konnivoka notes in her book The Confidence Game that many victims refuse to admit they’ve been scammed — no matter what the evidence. Indeed, she says, many just keep coming back for more. This is something I’ll bet Donald Trump knows full well, and which he’s banking on (pun intended) in 2020.

Meanwhile, give credit where credit is due. Trump is fattening the bank accounts of the elite, but he also may have saved 1,000 jobs at Carrier . If he really did, good for him. Those who opposed Trump should stop being so churlish. After all, on President Barack Obama’s watch the U.S. economy generated 8.6 million net new jobs — equal to 2,945, or about three Carrier deals, every day, including Sundays, for going on eight consecutive years. And who can forget all of those patriotic Republicans congratulating Obama for that?
(11-29-2016, 05:16 PM)taramarie Wrote: [ -> ]Lets stop with the smearing of entire political parties and the behaviour/beliefs of the individuals who support them. It is aiding in that toxic environment which separates and causes people to not listen. You too, Odin. If you want your country to come together and be inclusive you guys need to be aware of your behaviour whether it promotes unity or divisiveness.

This may take a few decades.
(12-03-2016, 12:49 PM)pbrower2a Wrote: [ -> ]...Rules are for fools.

The world will learn how to deal with Donald Trump -- cut him no slack. Treat America as if it has a rogue regime... well, it will have a rogue regime, won't it?

does not look rogue to me. Although Trump is a Washington outsider and I hope that some of the power broker insiders go away.
(12-04-2016, 02:14 PM)radind Wrote: [ -> ]

does not look rogue to me. Although Trump is a Washington outsider and I hope that some of the power broker insiders go away.

Don't you know who he is appointing?
(12-04-2016, 10:19 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: [ -> ]

I have seen the list so far. Like the generals. Waiting to see who is Secretary of State. 
This is a role reversal as I was not happy with the 8 years of Obama policy. Hoping to see Trump eliminate many regulations.
(12-05-2016, 08:08 AM)radind Wrote: [ -> ]

I have seen the list so far. Like the generals. Waiting to see who is Secretary of State. 
This is a role reversal as I was not happy with the 8 years of Obama policy. Hoping to see Trump eliminate many regulations.

It will all turn out as "Suffer for my greed, you peons!" 

For the rich, "Do as thou wilt".
(12-05-2016, 01:12 PM)pbrower2a Wrote: [ -> ]

We can compare notes  next summer.
-Need time for some data  and not just speculation.
(12-05-2016, 01:43 PM)radind Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-04-2016, 02:14 PM)radind Wrote: [ -> ]does not look rogue to me. Although Trump is a Washington outsider and I hope that some of the power broker insiders go away.

Pretty much my view on Trump.  See what he does and then praise or criticize as needed.
There's no question at all that Trump is nominating pillars of the elite power brokers of this country. That's the point.

We need those regulations. Without them the people and the planet suffer for the sake of elites' profits. That's not Christian, whatever else it may be.
(12-05-2016, 03:49 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: [ -> ]There's no question at all that Trump is nominating pillars of the elite power brokers of this country. That's the point.

We need those regulations. Without them the people and the planet suffer for the sake of elites' profits. That's not Christian, whatever else it may be.

No we don't.
(12-05-2016, 03:56 PM)Galen Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-05-2016, 03:49 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: [ -> ]There's no question at all that Trump is nominating pillars of the elite power brokers of this country. That's the point.

No we don't.

Yes, just give the Master Class complete power over everyone and everything and achieve Paradise. -- for themselves.

Hell for almost everyone else, of course.
(12-05-2016, 01:43 PM)radind Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-04-2016, 02:14 PM)radind Wrote: [ -> ]does not look rogue to me. Although Trump is a Washington outsider and I hope that some of the power broker insiders go away.

We will have plenty of data -- in legislation. We are going to see plenty of protests, and let us hope that the opposition goes no further than protests and strikes.

The big thing to watch for is for any new federal law enforcement agency that starts taking on a role as a secret police -- maybe a domestic CIA. Others? Politicized militias that support the new Establishment or politicized youth leagues "Trump Youth". We have an extremist Presidency that has already pushed racial and religious bigotry.

Trump offers me nothing but fear and loathing.
(12-05-2016, 03:56 PM)Galen Wrote: [ -> ]

No we don't.

You fanatical lunatics are going to be the end of this country.