Generational Theory Forum: The Fourth Turning Forum: A message board discussing generations and the Strauss Howe generational theory

Full Version: How do neurological disorders or psychiatric disorders affect generation archetype?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Because of my Aspergers I can't fully relate to any archetype. How does Autism affect generational theory?
It doesn't. Generational theory should be considered like macroeconomics - it attempts to explain the larger forces that drive things at a societal level. How it impacts the individual is largely irrelevant.

I think of it in the same way that an individual shouldn't use macroeconomic trends as a key determinant in choosing whether to buy a house (one's personal financial situation is a few thousand times more important).
(06-12-2019, 11:24 AM)tg63 Wrote: [ -> ]It doesn't. Generational theory should be considered like macroeconomics - it attempts to explain the larger forces that drive things at a societal level. How it impacts the individual is largely irrelevant.

I think of it in the same way that an individual shouldn't use macroeconomic trends as a key determinant in choosing whether to buy a house (one's personal financial situation is a few thousand times more important).

Exactly!