Generational Theory Forum: The Fourth Turning Forum: A message board discussing generations and the Strauss Howe generational theory

Full Version: Millennials are the Scapegoat of everything going wrong. When will this stop?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm sick and tired of being Millennial because I get blamed for everything. Will this continue forever? It seems like it.
(12-08-2019, 10:24 AM)AspieMillennial Wrote: [ -> ]I'm sick and tired of being Millennial because I get blamed for everything. Will this continue forever? It seems like it.

I thought we boomers were blamed for everything. Oh well, I can't change now!
(12-09-2019, 08:38 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-08-2019, 10:24 AM)AspieMillennial Wrote: [ -> ]I'm sick and tired of being Millennial because I get blamed for everything. Will this continue forever? It seems like it.

I thought we boomers were blamed for everything. Oh well, I can't change now!

And GenX is just laying back satisfied at being ignored.
It will only begin when the 2T arrives.
It isn't your fault, Aspie. But we're all living in a stupid generational constellation. And the younger half suffers from it, and all legal means don't seem to help:

* Using logical and factual reasons doesn't help, old farts don't want to believe them.
* Appealing to their pity doesn't work, they have none.
* Sucking up to them? I'd rather vomit.
* Appealing to ethics doesn't help, they have none. They just tawk a lot about them.
* Bribing them doesn't work, because they have the money, not us.
* Threatening them is verboten.
* Making empty promises to them is unethical.
When will Boomers stop being scapegoated for everything that goes wrong? See my new thread. http://generational-theory.com/forum/thr...l#pid77901
(07-07-2021, 07:08 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: [ -> ]When will Boomers stop being scapegoated for everything that goes wrong? See my new thread. http://generational-theory.com/forum/thr...l#pid77901
I agree. It's dumb to scapegoat people for being born in an era they didn't choose. I think the Millennials who do this are people with families that were never close and don't know love
(12-11-2019, 08:37 AM)Hintergrund Wrote: [ -> ]It isn't your fault, Aspie. But we're all living in a stupid generational constellation. And the younger half suffers from it, and all legal means don't seem to help:

* Using logical and factual reasons doesn't help, old farts don't want to believe them.
* Appealing to their pity doesn't work, they have none.
* Sucking up to them? I'd rather vomit.
* Appealing to ethics doesn't help, they have none. They just tawk a lot about them.
* Bribing them doesn't work, because they have the money, not us.
* Threatening them is verboten.
* Making empty promises to them is unethical.

(responding to a post from 2019) It is Republicans who have all these traits. Boomers are a divided generation; you can't generalize about them. And there are different trends among different age groups that might be called Boomer. Republicans however, you CAN generalize about. The record and the poll numbers are clear.

I'm sorry if you and I have different political or other views. That's the way it goes. I'm glad different people can express different views. Insults are not always effective, though.
As a Millennial I'm hear to say: when you stop taking the bait and crying about it.
(as a fellow millennial)

[Image: 64ngod.jpg]