Generational Theory Forum: The Fourth Turning Forum: A message board discussing generations and the Strauss Howe generational theory

Full Version: Big Lies
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
(02-22-2017, 12:50 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-22-2017, 11:13 AM)Bob Butler 54 Wrote: [ -> ]Sincere disagreement makes nobody stupid, insane or evil.  Not being willing to discuss issues, preferring to throw insults and stereotypes around instead, does not help.

All well and good, except for the fact that it often happens (and most certainly is happening today) that one side is more right than the other. And so, it has to be said. It may be upsetting to the red side that the government requires us all to pay for a service that they don't feel they need now. But these are services that we may (and likely will) need sooner or later. The red side does not understand social insurance. They happen to be wrong about that. 

And one side can be wrong about gun control too (although many here on the blue side don't support it). To continue to allow mass shootings and mass murder without any meaningful regulations can be considered insane, because we as a society are not willing to take the needed action and just continue to allow things to go on as they are. Remember the definition of insanity that Marypoza cited for me Smile

You missed the point.  Both sides think it a fact that theirs is the side that is more right than the other.

What?  You hadn't noticed that?

Get these little blue fellers off my lawn!

It's going to get harder!
(02-22-2017, 03:56 PM)Bob Butler 54 Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-22-2017, 12:50 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-22-2017, 11:13 AM)Bob Butler 54 Wrote: [ -> ]Sincere disagreement makes nobody stupid, insane or evil.  Not being willing to discuss issues, preferring to throw insults and stereotypes around instead, does not help.

All well and good, except for the fact that it often happens (and most certainly is happening today) that one side is more right than the other. And so, it has to be said. It may be upsetting to the red side that the government requires us all to pay for a service that they don't feel they need now. But these are services that we may (and likely will) need sooner or later. The red side does not understand social insurance. They happen to be wrong about that. 

And one side can be wrong about gun control too (although many here on the blue side don't support it). To continue to allow mass shootings and mass murder without any meaningful regulations can be considered insane, because we as a society are not willing to take the needed action and just continue to allow things to go on as they are. Remember the definition of insanity that Marypoza cited for me Smile

You missed the point.  Both sides think it a fact that theirs is the side that is more right than the other.

You missed the point. Just because there are two sides, doesn't mean that one side isn't more right than the other.

(02-22-2017, 07:53 AM)Odin Wrote: [ -> ]Classic, you're sounding like the stereotypical angry conservative uncle everyone tries to avoid and it's getting old. Rolleyes
I ain't out burning shit and disrupting the lives of other people. It ain't getting old, its just getting started.
(02-22-2017, 04:12 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: [ -> ]You missed the point. Just because there are two sides, doesn't mean that one side isn't more right than the other.

Oh, both sides have made that clear.

Go ahead and push insults and hate. Just don't expect go get anywhere.
(02-22-2017, 05:39 PM)Bob Butler 54 Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-22-2017, 04:12 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: [ -> ]You missed the point. Just because there are two sides, doesn't mean that one side isn't more right than the other.

Oh, both sides have made that clear.

Saying that your side is correct, is not an insult and is not hate. It is just the fact; unless of course it's not the fact.

Quote:Go ahead and push insults and hate. Just don't expect go get anywhere.

I don't push hate, and don't expect too much from insults.

But you are not in a position to give advice here, given your own proclivities. You might consider that.

Oh well, fat chance of that Smile
(02-22-2017, 04:52 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-22-2017, 07:53 AM)Odin Wrote: [ -> ]Classic, you're sounding like the stereotypical angry conservative uncle everyone tries to avoid and it's getting old. Rolleyes
I ain't out burning shit and disrupting the lives of other people. It ain't getting old, its just getting started.

As long as they stay off your lawn Smile Those blue fellers, you just never know.
(02-22-2017, 12:39 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: [ -> ]

And it's part of the stereotype of the older nomad. "Get off my lawn." He is, indeed, a classic Xer Smile

Fred Mertz lives!

A real classic reactive nomad!

Ha! Good point, Eric! Big Grin
(02-22-2017, 01:47 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-22-2017, 01:33 PM)X_4AD_84 Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-21-2017, 10:39 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-21-2017, 03:49 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: [ -> ]Classic Xer, you and other typical Republican voters say that it's "power monger"ing to require business to observe regulations that amount to behavior that they should do anyway: be fair to customers, pay workers a living wage and provide good working conditions, require wealthy speculators to behave responsibly rather than wreck the economy, support wars only when necessary, maintain a healthy environment and climate, not discriminate but uphold human rights, and pay fair taxes to help ourselves when the greedy and powerful hurt us. You consider that when we blues require these things of you guys, that this is power mongering like Genghis Kahn. You put out slogans that allowing business to do all these harmful things is "liberty" and "freedom." But it's not; it's only freedom for you bosses; slavery for everyone else.

You think freedom for the bosses means freedom for everyone. You think that people should be made to be obedient workers and that the purpose of work is to provide luxury for the elites. You think this luxury will trickle-down, but it doesn't. You think government can work without taxes, but it doesn't. Your way does not work for the people, and the statistics on life and human development in the blue and red states and under Democratic and Republican administrations proves this. But you choose to ignore the facts, because you are a boss, and you want all the benefits of the economy to flow to you and your buddies.

But you are a small time boss, and what you think benefits you, does not. It only benefits the big bosses.
Eric, you'd better off sticking  with your own crowd. You'd get much further by sticking with PB and Odin and whatever emotional twit/blue dip shit  who shows up. I know government needs taxes for it  to operate and fund social programs that blues seem to value more than the reds. Do you know that I know that or are you as stupid as Bob. Before we continue down this ugly road that we are on, that most choose to ignore or not pay attention to because that's how much blues matter to most these days. I need to know if the blue that I see on TV  screaming at and talking over people  were educated about manners and respect before someone or someone group tees off on one in public and begins a trend of teeing off on them every where in public. I can't stand blues in general.  I associate them with spoiled brats. I view them as being rude and obnoxious people. I've decked friends for being rude and obnoxious. Decking a blue male would be easier than decking a friend.

I stopped decking people when I was a HS Freshman. Since then, I've only done some self defense, blocking, and, the odd wrestling / martial arts take down leading to a hold. But no decking.

I probably need to develop some skills if I ever plan to go to Minnesota or Wisconsin and grapple with the angry red voters like Classic Xer over there Smile  As I mentioned before, some missionary work is going to be needed to redeem the Rust Belt for good sense. Better communication skills rather than insults and mere shouting will be needed, I'm sure. But maybe some martial arts skills too; considering some of the folks we might run into like Classic. There's probably no more polarized state in the country than Wisconsin.

Eh, people like Classic are giant pussies, they talk tough but when push comes to shove they'll go run and hide. You have nothing to fear from them.
(02-22-2017, 07:03 PM)Odin Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-21-2017, 03:49 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: [ -> ]Classic Xer, you and other typical Republican voters say that it's "power monger"ing to require business to observe regulations that amount to behavior that they should do anyway: be fair to customers, pay workers a living wage and provide good working conditions, require wealthy speculators to behave responsibly rather than wreck the economy, support wars only when necessary, maintain a healthy environment and climate, not discriminate but uphold human rights, and pay fair taxes to help ourselves when the greedy and powerful hurt us. You consider that when we blues require these things of you guys, that this is power mongering like Genghis Kahn. You put out slogans that allowing business to do all these harmful things is "liberty" and "freedom." But it's not; it's only freedom for you bosses; slavery for everyone else.

You think freedom for the bosses means freedom for everyone. You think that people should be made to be obedient workers and that the purpose of work is to provide luxury for the elites. You think this luxury will trickle-down, but it doesn't. You think government can work without taxes, but it doesn't. Your way does not work for the people, and the statistics on life and human development in the blue and red states and under Democratic and Republican administrations proves this. But you choose to ignore the facts, because you are a boss, and you want all the benefits of the economy to flow to you and your buddies.

But you are a small time boss, and what you think benefits you, does not. It only benefits the big bosses.
Eric, you'd better off sticking  with your own crowd. You'd get much further by sticking with PB and Odin and whatever emotional twit/blue dip shit  who shows up. I know government needs taxes for it  to operate and fund social programs that blues seem to value more than the reds. Do you know that I know that or are you as stupid as Bob. Before we continue down this ugly road that we are on, that most choose to ignore or not pay attention to because that's how much blues matter to most these days. I need to know if the blue that I see on TV  screaming at and talking over people  were educated about manners and respect before someone or someone group tees off on one in public and begins a trend of teeing off on them every where in public. I can't stand blues in general.  I associate them with spoiled brats. I view them as being rude and obnoxious people. I've decked friends for being rude and obnoxious. Decking a blue male would be easier than decking a friend.

I stopped decking people when I was a HS Freshman. Since then, I've only done some self defense, blocking, and, the odd wrestling / martial arts take down leading to a hold. But no decking.

I probably need to develop some skills if I ever plan to go to Minnesota or Wisconsin and grapple with the angry red voters like Classic Xer over there Smile  As I mentioned before, some missionary work is going to be needed to redeem the Rust Belt for good sense. Better communication skills rather than insults and mere shouting will be needed, I'm sure. But maybe some martial arts skills too; considering some of the folks we might run into like Classic. There's probably no more polarized state in the country than Wisconsin.

Eh, people like Classic are giant pussies, they talk tough but when push comes to shove they'll go run and hide. You have nothing to fear from them.

OK, I'll take that as some reassurance. I don't know if I'm ever actually going to go myself, but I think there will be a real effort along that line by some talented blue folks. 

It's probably our only chance to avoid a break-up or worse in this 4T.
(02-22-2017, 07:03 PM)Odin Wrote: [ -> ]Eh, people like Classic are giant pussies, they talk tough but when push comes to shove they'll go run and hide. You have nothing to fear from them.

So, Odin, ya readly for Ragnarök? Cool

My card:

[Image: 520px-Flag_of_%C3%85land.svg.png]

The fire, the great fire.

Edda Wrote:Ragnarök (Ragnarok) was the doom of the gods and men, and heralded the destruction of the Nine Worlds. To the Germans, Ragnarök was called Götterdämmerung (Gotterdammerung).
Nothing will escape the coming destruction, whether you live in heaven and on earth. The war will be wage between the goods and the evils. The goods were the Aesir, led by Odin, ruler of the gods. The evils, were the giants and monsters, led by Loki.
Yet the strangest things about Ragnarök was that the gods already knew what was going to happen through the prophecy: who will be killed and by whom, who would survive, what happen to those in the other world and so forth.
Despite, knowing their fates, the gods will still defiantly face their destiny, as brave as any hero in a saga. The Norse gods knew what was to come, and knew they could not do anything to prevent prophecy coming to pass.
    Cool
Well, since I know what's going to happen, my side must be the good side then, right? Smile

Maybe I'm the one who should have the Ragnarok card.
(02-22-2017, 07:06 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-21-2017, 10:39 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote: [ -> ]Eric, you'd better off sticking  with your own crowd. You'd get much further by sticking with PB and Odin and whatever emotional twit/blue dip shit  who shows up. I know government needs taxes for it  to operate and fund social programs that blues seem to value more than the reds. Do you know that I know that or are you as stupid as Bob. Before we continue down this ugly road that we are on, that most choose to ignore or not pay attention to because that's how much blues matter to most these days. I need to know if the blue that I see on TV  screaming at and talking over people  were educated about manners and respect before someone or someone group tees off on one in public and begins a trend of teeing off on them every where in public. I can't stand blues in general.  I associate them with spoiled brats. I view them as being rude and obnoxious people. I've decked friends for being rude and obnoxious. Decking a blue male would be easier than decking a friend.

OK, I'll take that as some reassurance. I don't know if I'm ever actually going to go myself, but I think there will be a real effort along that line by some talented blue folks. 

Are you going hire and send in some professionals to intimidate us?
(02-22-2017, 09:55 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-22-2017, 01:33 PM)X_4AD_84 Wrote: [ -> ]I stopped decking people when I was a HS Freshman. Since then, I've only done some self defense, blocking, and, the odd wrestling / martial arts take down leading to a hold. But no decking.

Are you going hire to send in some professionals to intimidate us?

I'm not in charge of any such organization. I assume intimidation will not be the tactic used by whoever volunteers for this "missionary" work to try to rescue people in your states from the Republican pall. I even assume they won't talk like I write to guys like you.

If it goes to civil war or sedition, then I guess other tactics will be used.

I have to admit, a lot of what happens will be out of anyone's hands. It depends on who runs for president, what their horoscope score is (and other such indications), how the president performs in office, and which party is in presidential office from 2025-2029 and thus has command of the armed forces, as well as who controls congress. Who is in charge in many statehouses will also have an impact on how this 4T goes.
(02-22-2017, 12:35 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: [ -> ]

Eric, you'd better off sticking  with your own crowd. You'd get much further by sticking with PB and Odin and whatever emotional twit/blue dip shit  who shows up. I know government needs taxes for it  to operate and fund social programs that blues seem to value more than the reds. Do you know that I know that or are you as stupid as Bob. Before we continue down this ugly road that we are on, that most choose to ignore or not pay attention to because that's how much blues matter to most these days. I need to know if the blue that I see on TV  screaming at and talking over people were educated about manners and respect before someone or someone group tees off on one in public and begins a trend of teeing off on them every where in public. I can't stand blues in general.  I associate them with spoiled brats. I view them as being rude and obnoxious people. I've decked friends for being rude and obnoxious. Decking a blue male would be easier than decking a friend.

Fortunately I don't have to hang around you. As for being rude at public meetings, your Tea Party set a good example of that. And it seemed to work. I have to give it to your side though; you knew how to organize that rabble into votes. The Left doesn't always manage that so well. If you deck a blue, though, his or her halo will still be there. That's something you can't punch out, deny or destroy. In other words, we have the truth, and we have the connection to spirit and ideals that moves the world forward. Your side only holds it back.
Democrats shouldn't do things that upset other Democrats. The Republicans were wise to embrace and represent the interests of the movement. I've yet to see the signs/sense the presence of a blue with a halo over their head. But, if I ever do, I promise that I won't deck them.
(02-22-2017, 07:40 PM)Ragnarök_62 Wrote: [ -> ]So, Odin, ya readly for Ragnarök? Cool

Ha, good analogy! I guess I am.

"The era that began on V-J Day will reach it's natural climax, and come to an end." -S&H
(02-22-2017, 09:55 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-22-2017, 01:33 PM)X_4AD_84 Wrote: [ -> ]I stopped decking people when I was a HS Freshman. Since then, I've only done some self defense, blocking, and, the odd wrestling / martial arts take down leading to a hold. But no decking.

Are you going hire to send in some professionals to intimidate us?

I believe this is called projection...
(02-23-2017, 07:43 AM)Odin Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-22-2017, 09:55 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote: [ -> ]Eric the Green

I believe it's called/it was a question.
(02-23-2017, 07:18 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-23-2017, 07:43 AM)Odin Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-22-2017, 09:55 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote: [ -> ]Eric the Green

I believe it's called/it was a question.

Trump obviously thinks intimidation works real well. We'll see how it plays out on both sides.
(02-22-2017, 12:39 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: [ -> ]

And it's part of the stereotype of the older nomad. "Get off my lawn." He is, indeed, a classic Xer Smile

Fred Mertz lives!

A real classic reactive nomad!

Then you've got the crazy Nomad aunts who are lefty feminists and "man-haters."   Wink
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16