Generational Theory Forum: The Fourth Turning Forum: A message board discussing generations and the Strauss Howe generational theory

Full Version: Is it me or are Xennials an odd bunch at times?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Much like Boomers, Xennials tend to take personal offense at the fact that the world is going to h**l in a hand basket, but for different reasons. The Boomers think "the world they built is crumbling before their eyes." With a lot of Xennials it's "what the f**k is going on. I didn't sign up for this s**t (whether that implies Trump, the rise of the far right in Europe, climate change or any other pressing issue). I've just been a well-behaved citizen who goes to work and pays my bills on time, and now I'm the one being punished by all these loony extremists". Any thoughts? This seems to be a very common attitude among X/Millie cuspers in my experience.

Does the fact they came of age during Fukuyama's "End of History" era have something to do with it? Without ever having experienced s**t hit the fan before that?