Generational Theory Forum: The Fourth Turning Forum: A message board discussing generations and the Strauss Howe generational theory

Full Version: Pandemic will lead to increased online infrastructure
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pennsylvania's unemployment system has been slammed, as I'm sure is the case in every other state. Our governor assures us that they are working on improving capacity. Other changes being made to accomodate the shutdown/social distancing include changing the law to make notarizing possible online - this opens up the auto market to  online sales. I bring this up to point out that one fallout of the pandemic will be improved online infrastructure, particularly in government. 

I'm sure we've all seen the memes lamenting the sorry state of online government...

[Image: 94262220_10219279819414013_8550205169554...e=5EC7C269]
(04-23-2020, 08:44 AM)sbarrera Wrote: [ -> ]Pennsylvania's unemployment system has been slammed, as I'm sure is the case in every other state. Our governor assures us that they are working on improving capacity. Other changes being made to accommodate the shutdown/social distancing include changing the law to make notarizing possible online - this opens up the auto market to  online sales. I bring this up to point out that one fallout of the pandemic will be improved online infrastructure, particularly in government. 

I'm sure we've all seen the memes lamenting the sorry state of online government...

Y2k was a wake-up call too. A lot of infrastructure got replaced, and it's now the crap that needs replacing again. It's sad that even the DoD is running old-crap for their non-tactical assets.  It's the story of the last 3T.  In government, nothing of value was purchased if it could be avoided to maximize tax cuts and crony hand-outs. And here we are.
Ford has just advertised in Michigan that although dealerships are closed, people can order cars on line from dealerships. Giant corporations are not going into that dark night without a struggle.