Generational Theory Forum: The Fourth Turning Forum: A message board discussing generations and the Strauss Howe generational theory

Full Version: Inauguration of the movement against Trump and for Justice
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
(01-31-2017, 03:26 PM)taramarie Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-31-2017, 08:56 AM)pbrower2a Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-31-2017, 06:51 AM)Bronsin Wrote: [ -> ]Where are all the pictures of these political geniuses dressed up as giant vaginas? Too ashamed to post them I bet. These mental midgets are the face of your movement, and you still can't figure out why your side lost LMAO

Bad taste -- sure. But it was also bad taste for a Presidential nominee to say that he "grabbed women by their (vaginas, to use the proper word)"... I've seen images of the President's dwelling before being elected President, and it is a monument to bad taste, something I would expect from a mobster.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...atues.html

The taste that I would expect of a very successful... mobster.

I looked at that and got sick to my stomach. No, it isn't out of concern for starving children in Haiti or something to that effect; it's about wretched excess that causes me to retch. Real good taste has no room for excess, and it recognizes that one can have too much gold. I have known rich people.. and they know the rule. Avoid clutter, and create the image of spaciousness. Don't try to dazzle people. Keep things subtle.
Just a slight correction. He cannot grab women by the vagina unless he sticks finger inside as the vagina is the interior part of the female genitalia. He would be grabbing women by the vulva which includes the the mons pubis, labia majora, labia minora, Bartholin glands, and clitoris. Otherwise I agree with you that it was a horrible thing for him to say.

Sincerely, a woman. Wink

Sorry, a liberal pussy is just another pussy to us. It's weird to see a group of woman who place more value on there's than most men do today.
(01-26-2017, 07:53 AM)Odin Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-26-2017, 03:12 AM)Galen Wrote: [ -> ]Actually, I rather enjoyed the part where the police swept them off the bridge and out of the intersections so that people could go about their business.  Sounds like city hall is tired of all of the complaints and wants to be re-elected at some point in the future.

So much for you being a Libertarian. Rolleyes
Hint: The vast majority of us aren't Libertarian's. Hint: The vast majority of you aren't classical liberals/ old school Liberals. So much for SWJ's and snow flakes like yourself being liberals.
(02-01-2017, 08:56 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote: [ -> ]Hint: The vast majority of us aren't Libertarian's. Hint: The vast majority of you aren't classical liberals/ old school Liberals. So much for SWJ's and snow flakes like yourself being liberals.

Heh heh, he said SJW's and snow flakes. Beavisbutthead
(01-31-2017, 11:54 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-31-2017, 06:51 AM)Bronsin Wrote: [ -> ]Where are all the pictures of these political geniuses dressed up as giant vaginas? Too ashamed to post them I bet. These mental midgets are the face of your movement, and you still can't figure out why your side lost LMAO

Bad taste -- sure. But it was also bad taste for a Presidential nominee to say that he "grabbed women by their (vaginas, to use the proper word)"... I've seen images of the President's dwelling before being elected President, and it is a monument to bad taste, something I would expect from a mobster.

I looked at that and got sick to my stomach. No, it isn't out of concern for starving children in Haiti or something to that effect; it's about wretched excess that causes me to retch. Real good taste has no room for excess, and it recognizes that one can have too much gold. I have known rich people.. and they know the rule. Avoid clutter, and create the image of spaciousness. Don't try to dazzle people. Keep things subtle.
Just a slight correction. He cannot grab women by the vagina unless he sticks finger inside as the vagina is the interior part of the female genitalia. He would be grabbing women by the vulva which includes the the mons pubis, labia majora, labia minora, Bartholin glands, and clitoris. Otherwise I agree with you that it was a horrible thing for him to say.

Sincerely, a woman. Wink

Sorry, a liberal pussy is just another pussy to us. It's weird to see a group of woman who place more value on there's (theirs?) than most men do today.

(Taramarie -- I stand corrected on anatomy).

Classic X'er: it is women's genitals, and they have the neural nets attached between their genitals and their brains. As a man, I do not expect to feel what a woman feels in sexual contact. I will let her guide me so that she can enjoy sex most fully. I do not expect her to feel or even understand what my genitals feel because male genitals are attached to the brain through the man's neural net. This is as explicit as I am willing to get.

Women had better pay attention to their genitals, because sex that involves male and female genitals can lead to childbirth and subsequent consequences. If I am to ever tell a girl (and she is a girl because I will be underage) that her genitals are precious and special for what they can achieve -- childbirth -- and she must use them wisely or risk unpleasant consequences.
(02-01-2017, 12:07 AM)taramarie Wrote: [ -> ]

Sincerely, a woman. Wink

Sorry, a liberal pussy is just another pussy to us. It's weird to see a group of woman who place more value on there's than most men do today.
Shows what you know about the issues being raised with the individuals in the group. Just for the record i do not agree with those dressing up like that and I am part of that movement. But thank you for the uneducated opinion.
Primarily, issues relating to continued federal funding of progressive programs relating to women and continued advancement progressive social agenda's relating to them as well.
(02-02-2017, 01:39 AM)taramarie Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-02-2017, 01:28 AM)Classic-Xer Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-01-2017, 12:07 AM)taramarie Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-31-2017, 03:26 PM)taramarie Wrote: [ -> ]Just a slight correction. He cannot grab women by the vagina unless he sticks finger inside as the vagina is the interior part of the female genitalia. He would be grabbing women by the vulva which includes the the mons pubis, labia majora, labia minora, Bartholin glands, and clitoris. Otherwise I agree with you that it was a horrible thing for him to say.

Sincerely, a woman. Wink

Shows what you know about the issues being raised with the individuals in the group. Just for the record i do not agree with those dressing up like that and I am part of that movement. But thank you for the uneducated opinion.
Primarily, issues relating to continued federal funding of progressive programs relating to women and continued advancement progressive social agenda's relating to them as well.

No not just relating to women. Not at all.
I know that the social justice movement represents other groups besides women as well.
PPP's new national poll finds that Donald Trump's popularity as President has declined precipitously just over the last two weeks. On our first poll of his Presidency voters were evenly divided on Trump, with 44% approving of him and 44% also disapproving. Now his approval rating is 43%, while his disapproval has gone all the way up to 53%. If voters could choose they'd rather have both Barack Obama (52/44) or Hillary Clinton (49/45) instead of Trump.

Just three weeks into his administration, voters are already evenly divided on the issue of impeaching Trump with 46% in favor and 46% opposed. Support for impeaching Trump has crept up from 35% 2 weeks ago, to 40% last week, to its 46% standing this week. While Clinton voters initially only supported Trump's impeachment 65/14, after seeing him in office over the last few weeks that's gone up already to 83/6.

Here are the reasons things are going bad for Trump:

-Voters think he's over reaching to make a country safe...that they already consider to be safe. 66% of Americans consider the United States to be a safe country, to only 23% who consider it unsafe. Perhaps as an outgrowth of that sentiment only 45% of voters support Trump's Executive Order on immigration, to 49% who are opposed to it. Among those who do support it you have to wonder how well thought out their position is- by a 51/23 margin Trump voters say that the Bowling Green Massacre shows why Trump's immigration policy is needed.

By a 48/43 spread, voters do think that the intent of the Executive Order is to be a Muslim ban. And just 22% support a Muslim ban, to 65% who are opposed. The order has also increasingly raised issues about Trump's competence in voters' eyes- only 27% think the Executive Order was well executed, to 66% who think it was poorly executed. The spread on that question was 39/55 when we asked last week.

-Voters are concerned by the implications of Trump's fight with the Judiciary. 53% of voters say they trust Judges more to make the right decisions for the United States, to only 38% who trust Trump more. And only 25% of voters think Trump should be able to overturn decisions by Judges that he disagrees with, to 64% who don't think he should be able to do that. Trump voters have evidently had enough of the Constitution and those pesky checks and balances though- 51% of them think he should personally be able to overturn decisions he doesn't agree with, to only 33% who dissent.

-Voters don't like the people Trump has surrounded himself with. Betsy DeVos may have been confirmed this week, but she made a horrible impression on the public. Only 27% of voters see her positively to 49% with a negative opinion of her. Clinton voters are almost unanimous in their distaste for her (5/83 favorability), while she doesn't generate nearly an equivalent amount of enthusiasm from Trump voters (53/12 favorability.) Other people close to Trump have come off poorly as well- Steve Bannon has a 22/45 favorability rating, Kellyanne Conway's is 34/47, and Sean Spicer's is 32/41.

-Voters continue to have a lot of basic transparency concerns when it comes to Trump. 62% think he needs to fully divest himself from his business interests, to only 27% who don't think it's necessary for him to do that. And 58% want him to release his tax returns, to just 31% who don't think he needs to. In fact by a 53/32 spread, voters would support a law requiring that candidates for President release 5 years of their tax returns in order to appear on the ballot.

-Voters are concerned that in the realm of foreign policy, Trump likes who they don't like and doesn't like who they do like. Trump has antagonized Australia, which Americans give a 76/5 favorability rating. Meanwhile he has been warm to Russia, which Americans give a 13/63 favorability rating. He's threatened to invade Mexico- a course that only 7% of voters support while 83% oppose it- while making nice comments about Vladimir Putin, who Americans give a 10/72 favorability to.

http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/main/...trump.html
That about 43% continue to approve of him, just as 20-odd percent continued to approve of Nixon after his criminal acts were exposed, and only 50+ percent wanted him impeached, to me shows the reservoir of fascist, truly-un-American views among Americans. It's truly frightening what this 40+ percent of Americans might approve of.
(02-09-2017, 01:12 PM)Marypoza Wrote: [ -> ]http://www.counterpunch.org/2017/02/09/90368/

http://www.newslogue.com/debate/332/CaitlinJohnstone

Counterpunch is the Fringe Left's equivalent of Breitbart.
(02-10-2017, 03:02 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: [ -> ]That about 43% continue to approve of him, just as 20-odd percent continued to approve of Nixon after his criminal acts were exposed, and only 50+ percent wanted him impeached, to me shows the reservoir of fascist, truly-un-American views among Americans. It's truly frightening what this 40+ percent of Americans might approve of.

They are basically low-information nativists. Most of them are unreachable, a few, though, may be able to be turned by appealing to their patriotism by using Trump's "America First" rhetoric against him. Bring up things like Flynn and Tillerson to imply that the Trump Administration is compromised by Russian influence and accuse congressional Republicans of putting party before country.
(02-14-2017, 04:12 PM)Odin Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-09-2017, 01:12 PM)Marypoza Wrote: [ -> ]http://www.counterpunch.org/2017/02/09/90368/

http://www.newslogue.com/debate/332/CaitlinJohnstone

Counterpunch is the Fringe Left's equivalent of Breitbart.

-- ya think? I find their articles well written & thought provoking. The folx over there don't appear to be nut jobs like Bannon is
(02-10-2017, 11:17 AM)pbrower2a Wrote: [ -> ]PPP's new national poll finds that Donald Trump's popularity as President has declined precipitously just over the last two weeks. On our first poll of his Presidency voters were evenly divided on Trump, with 44% approving of him and 44% also disapproving. Now his approval rating is 43%, while his disapproval has gone all the way up to 53%. If voters could choose they'd rather have both Barack Obama (52/44) or Hillary Clinton (49/45) instead of Trump.

Just three weeks into his administration, voters are already evenly divided on the issue of impeaching Trump with 46% in favor and 46% opposed. Support for impeaching Trump has crept up from 35% 2 weeks ago, to 40% last week, to its 46% standing this week. While Clinton voters initially only supported Trump's impeachment 65/14, after seeing him in office over the last few weeks that's gone up already to 83/6.

Here are the reasons things are going bad for Trump:

-Voters think he's over reaching to make a country safe...that they already consider to be safe. 66% of Americans consider the United States to be a safe country, to only 23% who consider it unsafe. Perhaps as an outgrowth of that sentiment only 45% of voters support Trump's Executive Order on immigration, to 49% who are opposed to it. Among those who do support it you have to wonder how well thought out their position is- by a 51/23 margin Trump voters say that the Bowling Green Massacre shows why Trump's immigration policy is needed.

By a 48/43 spread, voters do think that the intent of the Executive Order is to be a Muslim ban. And just 22% support a Muslim ban, to 65% who are opposed. The order has also increasingly raised issues about Trump's competence in voters' eyes- only 27% think the Executive Order was well executed, to 66% who think it was poorly executed. The spread on that question was 39/55 when we asked last week.

-Voters are concerned by the implications of Trump's fight with the Judiciary. 53% of voters say they trust Judges more to make the right decisions for the United States, to only 38% who trust Trump more. And only 25% of voters think Trump should be able to overturn decisions by Judges that he disagrees with, to 64% who don't think he should be able to do that. Trump voters have evidently had enough of the Constitution and those pesky checks and balances though- 51% of them think he should personally be able to overturn decisions he doesn't agree with, to only 33% who dissent.

-Voters don't like the people Trump has surrounded himself with. Betsy DeVos may have been confirmed this week, but she made a horrible impression on the public. Only 27% of voters see her positively to 49% with a negative opinion of her. Clinton voters are almost unanimous in their distaste for her (5/83 favorability), while she doesn't generate nearly an equivalent amount of enthusiasm from Trump voters (53/12 favorability.) Other people close to Trump have come off poorly as well- Steve Bannon has a 22/45 favorability rating, Kellyanne Conway's is 34/47, and Sean Spicer's is 32/41.

-Voters continue to have a lot of basic transparency concerns when it comes to Trump. 62% think he needs to fully divest himself from his business interests, to only 27% who don't think it's necessary for him to do that. And 58% want him to release his tax returns, to just 31% who don't think he needs to. In fact by a 53/32 spread, voters would support a law requiring that candidates for President release 5 years of their tax returns in order to appear on the ballot.

-Voters are concerned that in the realm of foreign policy, Trump likes who they don't like and doesn't like who they do like. Trump has antagonized Australia, which Americans give a 76/5 favorability rating. Meanwhile he has been warm to Russia, which Americans give a 13/63 favorability rating. He's threatened to invade Mexico- a course that only 7% of voters support while 83% oppose it- while making nice comments about Vladimir Putin, who Americans give a 10/72 favorability to.

http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/main/...trump.html
He's been in for less than a month. We'll see where he's at once things start to get rolling, so to speak. Republicans will have to decide whether they're going to remain Republican's or not. We can put up with Democrats screwing shit up and pissing off the bulk of the country which forces an American movement to split from the Democrats (blue) and an economic disaster that the Democrats themselves will not be able to over come and survive.
Trump has done great!!
(02-14-2017, 09:23 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote: [ -> ](President Trump has) been in for less than a month. We'll see where he's at once things start to get rolling, so to speak. Republicans will have to decide whether they're going to remain Republican's or not. We can put up with Democrats screwing (vulgarity redacted) up and pissing off the bulk of the country which forces an American movement to split from the Democrats (blue) and an economic disaster that the Democrats themselves will not be able to over come and survive.

Utterly incoherent.

I'm trying to figure out how Democrats can mess things up now that they are effectively shut out of the political process at the federal level. Republicans now own any economic meltdown, bungled federal response to a national disaster, military debacle, or diplomatic fiasco.

So far I see a chaotic Presidency in which the president is simply not up to the job.
I again recommend listening to this piece as background music while watching and commenting on the trainwreck and the movement.

I remember when I was studying the 1930s for my book, and also the French Revolution, I played this one over and over (written just before the Revolution broke out), and it was just right for all the type of "excitement" than Bannon wants to "create."

Pages: 1 2 3 4