Generational Theory Forum: The Fourth Turning Forum: A message board discussing generations and the Strauss Howe generational theory

Full Version: What the left has devolved to.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
(02-05-2017, 02:25 AM)Eric the Obtuse Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-05-2017, 01:59 AM)Ragnarök_62 Wrote: [ -> ]Which windows?  If they're privately owned, then the person/group who broke them certainly needs to pay restitution. If there's no restitution law, then of course THERE OUGHT TO BE A LAW.  It's high time those young dumb full of cum dipshits pay for their messes.

But the demagogues like Milo have to be countered. Otherwise they stir up lots of violence, whether by folks on his side or opponents.

Oh Obtuse One, the violence here is coming from the left when the best thing they could have done was ignore him.  As I have pointed out before, the rioters found one of the best ways to promote Milo.  In other words the left using its usual crystal clear anti-logic in pursuing possibly the most ineffective strategy for opposing Milo.
(02-05-2017, 02:25 AM)Eric the Green Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-05-2017, 01:59 AM)Ragnarök_62 Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-05-2017, 01:20 AM)Eric the Green Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-05-2017, 01:07 AM)Classic-Xer Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-04-2017, 12:00 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: [ -> ]I think a few businesses had their windows broken; again, that's nothing new in Berzerkely. But mostly it is taxpayers like me that will pay the bill for windows broken on campus. That's about it; maybe one person had minor injuries.
I'm glad to see that you and the California blues feel that way. I hope you don't mind us ramping up the issues further which should ramp up the riots further that cause far more damage and more injuries for blue taxpayers to cover by themselves.

I guess we can afford to pay for some more broken windows. Berkeley dealt with broken windows for decades after the 60s movements got going. Rampages were a regular occurrence.

Which windows?  If they're privately owned, then the person/group who broke them certainly needs to pay restitution. If there's no restitution law, then of course THERE OUGHT TO BE A LAW.  It's high time those young dumb full of cum dipshits pay for their messes.

No problem with that; it might be a good idea. Oakland has had several incidents, and this might have been already instituted, I'm not sure.

But the demagogues like Milo have to be countered. Otherwise they stir up lots of violence, whether by folks on his side or opponents.
I didn't even know who Milo was until the Berkley incident. I wouldn't view trashing a small one night gig as being worth all the losses and negative national publicity myself. But, I not a progressive like you who doesn't want to really think about stuff. How many colleges are there available within the United States for the adults to decide to send their kids to receive a quality college education? How many American adults removed Berkley from the list of possibilities?
(02-04-2017, 10:16 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-04-2017, 10:11 PM)Marypoza Wrote: [ -> ]Soros=- Koch Bros, 2 sides of the same shitty coin.

Don't buy GA/Pacific shit

I don't know what "Don't buy GA/Pacific shit" means; but no, they are not 2 sides of the same coin. But I know you hate Soros because he supported Hillary. Hillary is on the right side, mostly, so I don't mind. The system is what is wrong; if Hillary had won she would have appointed a justice who would have legalized taking money out of politics. Because Trump won we are stuck with it for another generation. I just care about the truth and what causes what, you know. I can see beyond my resentments over my losing candidates and just see which ones are likely to make things better and which are not. The Supreme Court opened up this System, and all 5 justices who approved the Citizens United money-in-politics permission decision were appointed by Republican presidents, and all 4 justices who opposed it were appointed by Democratic presidents. Trump gets another pick, and it remains 5-4 in favor of Soros, the Koch Brothers, and all those guys giving as much money to as many politicians as they bleepin please.

-- the Koch Bros own GA/Pacific. Ppl whine bcuz the Koch's have $ & they (ie, we) don't. But we do have $ (just not as much as thr Koch's) & we shoiuldn"t give them any of ours by buying GA/Pacific such as Angel Soft & quilted Northern, Brawney & Sparkle towels, Dixie cups, Spectrum paper, to name a few

No l don't hate Soros (not worth the effort) but he is subvertng grassroots efforts, astroturfing them for his own agenda, same as the the Koch's, & l don"t like that. 1% ain't gonna give us shit, or maybe that's all they'll give us.

$hillary's ln the right side alright. I support lefties
(02-05-2017, 03:13 AM)Classic-Xer Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-05-2017, 02:25 AM)Eric the Green Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-05-2017, 01:59 AM)Ragnarök_62 Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-05-2017, 01:20 AM)Eric the Green Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-05-2017, 01:07 AM)Classic-Xer Wrote: [ -> ]I'm glad to see that you and the California blues feel that way. I hope you don't mind us ramping up the issues further which should ramp up the riots further that cause far more damage and more injuries for blue taxpayers to cover by themselves.

I guess we can afford to pay for some more broken windows. Berkeley dealt with broken windows for decades after the 60s movements got going. Rampages were a regular occurrence.

Which windows?  If they're privately owned, then the person/group who broke them certainly needs to pay restitution. If there's no restitution law, then of course THERE OUGHT TO BE A LAW.  It's high time those young dumb full of cum dipshits pay for their messes.

No problem with that; it might be a good idea. Oakland has had several incidents, and this might have been already instituted, I'm not sure.

I didn't even know who Milo was until the Berkley incident. I wouldn't view trashing a small one night gig as being worth all the losses and negative national publicity myself. But, I not a progressive like you who doesn't want to really think about stuff. How many colleges are there available within the United States for the adults to decide to send their kids to receive a quality college education? How many American adults removed Berkley from the list of possibilities?

Wow, black bloccers administering beatdowns!

Looks like this is the death of the left.  The day has arrived when the antifa = fascists.

#ShutDownBerzerkly
Galen Wrote:
(02-05-2017, 05:22 AM)Ragnarök_62 Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-05-2017, 03:13 AM)Classic-Xer Wrote: [ -> ][quote pid='20470' dateline='1486279521']

Looks like this is the death of the left.  The day has arrived when the antifa = fascists.

#ShutDownBerzerkly

This is pretty routine behavior for the left these days.  Not the Eric the Obtuse will admit it.  The irony of having the authoritarianism of the left revealed in all of its hideous glory where the free speech movement started.  Identity politics and the culture of outrage fostered by the PC crowd is pretty damn destructive but knowing the left as I do they will double down on it.
I'm just pointing out a discrepancy here.  You are only focusing on the contemptible actions of a few on the left, and using that to discredit everything they stand for, while ignoring similar or worse actions by the right.
(02-05-2017, 10:07 AM)gabrielle Wrote: [ -> ]I'm just pointing out a discrepancy here.  You are only focusing on the contemptible actions of a few on the left, and using that to discredit everything they stand for, while ignoring similar or worse actions by the right.

He's not alone.  Also, extreme partisans on the other side are doing similar things on the flip side.  Doesn't make for much in the way of a conversation.
(02-05-2017, 08:50 AM)Galen Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-05-2017, 05:22 AM)Ragnarök_62 Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-05-2017, 03:13 AM)Classic-Xer Wrote: [ -> ][quote pid='20470' dateline='1486279521']

#ShutDownBerzerkly

This is pretty routine behavior for the left these days.  Not the Eric the Obtuse will admit it.  The irony of having the authoritarianism of the left revealed in all of its hideous glory where the free speech movement started.  Identity politics and the culture of outrage fostered by the PC crowd is pretty damn destructive but knowing the left as I do they will double down on it.
[/quote]

Thee center-left is non-violent. The Black Block is authoritarian and violent.

Donald Trump has done more to spark mass outrage than any left-wing radical. He has done much to stir the disgust of the center-left with his ethnic and religious bigotry, his calls for violence against those who make even symbolic opposition to him, his antifeminism, his broad anti-intellectualism, his contempt for the environment and for objective science... he violates the values of middle-class liberals who have never been known for violence. He governs like a tyrannical boss, something unprecedented in American history. Even in wartime, Lincoln and FDR were capable of some subtlety in decision-making. Of course, comparing Donald Trump to Lincoln and FDR is a travesty.

Feminism, respect for formal learning and science, non-violence,  environmentalism, and rejection of bigotry are all mainstream middle-class values. Conservatives typically avoid trashing such values. Right-wing extremists often have no trouble trashing those values.  Even some neo-Nazi types recognize the virtues of a clean environment as a necessity for the health of their beloved white race.

We Americans have a model to imitate -- the civil rights struggle for Southern blacks. This was the model that the People Power movement in the Philippines used against the dictator Ferdinand Marcos (sure, the military and police made its choice with the Filipino people) and in anti-communist campaigners of the former Soviet bloc with figures as disparate as working-class Lech Walesa and intellectually-bourgeois Vaclav Havel.

Government of the economic elites, by the economic elites, and for the economic elites to the exclusion of everyone else must perish in infancy if we do not abort it in an electoral campaign.
(02-05-2017, 01:18 AM)Eric the Green Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-05-2017, 01:02 AM)SomeGuy Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-04-2017, 11:40 PM)gabrielle Wrote: [ -> ]Since you guys ignored me earlier, I am forced to repeat myself in a simpler and more direct fashion.

Why is there a 10+ page thread devoted to a few broken windows and fires at Berkeley yet no mention of what happened a week ago, when A TRUMP SUPPORTER MURDERED PEOPLE just for being Muslim?

Obviously because we are all vicious, Muslim-hating fascists, unlike you.  Rolleyes

Also, it happened in another country, the man is in custody, and facing charges.  What more do you want from us?  A rending of garments?

Did the Dallas cop shootings or the kid getting kidnapped and tortured in Chicago fundamentally change your views of, say, BLM?  If not, why?

Maybe it wouldn't change her mind, since they had nothing to do with BLM??

And what does some wacko in Quebec have to do with Trump?
(02-05-2017, 10:11 AM)Bob Butler 54 Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-05-2017, 10:07 AM)gabrielle Wrote: [ -> ]I'm just pointing out a discrepancy here.  You are only focusing on the contemptible actions of a few on the left, and using that to discredit everything they stand for, while ignoring similar or worse actions by the right.

He's not alone.  Also, extreme partisans on the other side are doing similar things on the flip side.  Doesn't make for much in the way of a conversation.
Bob, I don't mind if you refer to me as a partisan. However, if you continue to refer to me as an extreme partisan (which I'm not), I going lump you back in with the extreme blue partisans here. I can't speak for you but I prefer an arrow of progress that moves forward. It's your choice.

Lot of that going around on both sides.
(02-05-2017, 04:52 AM)Marypoza Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-04-2017, 10:11 PM)Marypoza Wrote: [ -> ]Soros=- Koch Bros, 2 sides of the same shitty coin.

I don't know what "Don't buy GA/Pacific shit" means; but no, they are not 2 sides of the same coin. But I know you hate Soros because he supported Hillary. Hillary is on the right side, mostly, so I don't mind. The system is what is wrong; if Hillary had won she would have appointed a justice who would have legalized taking money out of politics. Because Trump won we are stuck with it for another generation. I just care about the truth and what causes what, you know. I can see beyond my resentments over my losing candidates and just see which ones are likely to make things better and which are not. The Supreme Court opened up this System, and all 5 justices who approved the Citizens United money-in-politics permission decision were appointed by Republican presidents, and all 4 justices who opposed it were appointed by Democratic presidents. Trump gets another pick, and it remains 5-4 in favor of Soros, the Koch Brothers, and all those guys giving as much money to as many politicians as they bleepin please.

-- the Koch Bros own GA/Pacific. Ppl whine bcuz the Koch's have $ & they (ie, we) don't. But we do have $ (just not as much as thr Koch's) & we shoiuldn"t give them any of ours by buying GA/Pacific such as Angel Soft & quilted Northern, Brawney & Sparkle towels, Dixie cups, Spectrum paper, to name a few

No l don't hate Soros (not worth the effort) but he is subvertng grassroots efforts, astroturfing them for his own agenda, same as the the Koch's, & l don"t like that. 1% ain't gonna give us shit, or maybe that's all they'll give us.

Hillary is on the Left. more center-left than Bernie. Soros supported her because he wants liberal policies enacted; opposite agenda to the Kochs. It's too bad that money is allowed to dominate politics, but that's entirely on the Republicans.
I haven't seen a federal building blown up by a right wing extremist for over twenty years. I haven't had an aggressive IRS agent on the phone threatening to freeze my assets and shut down the business over a $600 tax payment that had been sent to them two weeks before it was due that got lost in the big government shuffle since then either.
(02-05-2017, 12:42 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote: [ -> ]
I haven't seen a federal building blown up by a right wing extremist for over twenty years. I haven't had an aggressive IRS agent on the phone threatening to freeze my assets and shut down the business over a $600 tax payment that had been sent to them two weeks before it was due that got lost in the big government shuffle since then either.

--- ok, well how about a mass murder in a Carolina church then?
(02-05-2017, 12:27 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: [ -> ]

Hillary is on the Left.

a) on what planet &

b) in what reality?

Eric Wrote:Soros supported her because she is a tool 

--there, fixed it 4 ya Smile
Eric Wrote:(Soros) wants policies enacted; opposite agenda to the Kochs. It's too bad that money is allowed to dominate politics, but that's entirely on the Republicans.

-- an agenda is still an agenda & the 99% is still being screwed. Bernie showed us how to crowdfund. Hopefully that will be the funding of the future. Otherwise we will continue to be pawns of Soros, the Kochs,  Rupert(let's not forget his spew), & their ilk

I know several union electricians and union pipe fitters and quite a few of their regular employees who work at one of their refineries. True, they aren't going to give their money away for free or support a party that's controlled by environmentalist groups who is into excessive regulations but they do pay all their workers very well and they contribute a small fortune in state and local taxes and help keep the price of gas lower than average in our region. A boycott isn't going to hurt them as much as it's going to the employees who manufacture those products and the people who stock, load and transport those products and the people who work at the stores that sell those products.
(02-05-2017, 01:46 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote: [ -> ]

I know several union electricians and union pipe fitters and quite a few of their regular employees who work at one of their refineries. True, they aren't going to give their money away for free or support a party that's controlled by environmentalist groups who is into excessive regulations but they do pay all their workers very well and they contribute a small fortune in state and local taxes and help keep the price of gas lower than average in our region. A boycott isn't going to hurt them as much as it's going to the employees who manufacture those products and the people who stock, load and transport those products and the people who work at the stores that sell those products
-- true we must choose our boycotts wisely, altho l wouldn't boycott a union shop. As far as l know the Kochs don't run those
(02-05-2017, 01:51 PM)Marypoza Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-05-2017, 01:46 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote: [ -> ]

I know several union electricians and union pipe fitters and quite a few of their regular employees who work at one of their refineries. True, they aren't going to give their money away for free or support a party that's controlled by environmentalist groups who is into excessive regulations but they do pay all their workers very well and they contribute a small fortune in state and local taxes and help keep the price of gas lower than average in our region. A boycott isn't going to hurt them as much as it's going to the employees who manufacture those products and the people who stock, load and transport those products and the people who work at the stores that sell those products
-- true we must choose our boycotts wisely, alto l wouldn't boycott a union shop. As far as l know the Kochs don't run those
I have no favorite as far as union and non union are concerned. I value both of them myself. I can tell you this, the Koch refineries employ a lot of union workers (union electricians, union pipe fitters, union welders and so on).
(02-05-2017, 11:53 AM)SomeGuy Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-05-2017, 01:18 AM)Eric the Green Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-05-2017, 01:02 AM)SomeGuy Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-04-2017, 11:40 PM)gabrielle Wrote: [ -> ]Since you guys ignored me earlier, I am forced to repeat myself in a simpler and more direct fashion.

Why is there a 10+ page thread devoted to a few broken windows and fires at Berkeley yet no mention of what happened a week ago, when A TRUMP SUPPORTER MURDERED PEOPLE just for being Muslim?

Obviously because we are all vicious, Muslim-hating fascists, unlike you.  Rolleyes

Also, it happened in another country, the man is in custody, and facing charges.  What more do you want from us?  A rending of garments?

Did the Dallas cop shootings or the kid getting kidnapped and tortured in Chicago fundamentally change your views of, say, BLM?  If not, why?

Maybe it wouldn't change her mind, since they had nothing to do with BLM??

And what does some wacko in Quebec have to do with Trump?

www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/quebec-city-mosque-shooting-latest-alexandre-bissonnette-donald-trump-marine-le-pen-facebook-social-a7554451.html
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13