Generational Theory Forum: The Fourth Turning Forum: A message board discussing generations and the Strauss Howe generational theory

Full Version: What the left has devolved to.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
(02-02-2017, 08:58 PM)Odin Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-02-2017, 12:40 PM)SomeGuy Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-02-2017, 07:51 AM)Odin Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:Unlimited tolerance must lead to the disappearance of tolerance. If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. — In this formulation, I do not imply, for instance, that we should always suppress the utterance of intolerant philosophies; as long as we can counter them by rational argument and keep them in check by public opinion, suppression would certainly be unwise. But we should claim the right to suppress them if necessary even by force; for it may easily turn out that they are not prepared to meet us on the level of rational argument, but begin by denouncing all argument; they may forbid their followers to listen to rational argument, because it is deceptive, and teach them to answer arguments by the use of their fists or pistols. We should therefore claim, in the name of tolerance, the right not to tolerate the intolerant. We should claim that any movement preaching intolerance places itself outside the law, and we should consider incitement to intolerance and persecution as criminal, in the same way as we should consider incitement to murder, or to kidnapping, or to the revival of the slave trade, as criminal.

-Karl Popper, The Open Society And Its Enemies

And before the usual suspects begin denouncing Popper, you should know that he is famous for his defense of Liberal Democracy against both Fascism and Marxism, and he was a close friend of Hayek. Popper wrote these lines at the height of WW2, when many of his fellow Jews were being exterminated in the concentration camps.

Milo Yianopoulos has no interest in reasonable discussion, he's a professional troll, like Ann Coulter, and like Coulter he likely doesn't even believe the BS he spews. His sole interest is in being as provocative as possible in order to incite protest so he can whine about "violent leftists" oppressing him, and thus help further radicalize his Fascist fuck followers. Giving him a platform for his bullshit just encourages his bullshit. He has no place on a college campus, whose purpose is for reasonable discussion.

And of course "Libertarians" like Galen show their true colors by cozying up to Fascism.

Emphasis mine.

I must have missed the brownshirts those antifas were bravely fighting against.  Perhaps they were holed up in the Starbucks?  Wink

The brownshirt was Milo.

And so they were just defending themselves from his speech by attacking people and damaging property?  You might want to read your Popper again. Wink
(02-02-2017, 09:02 PM)Odin Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-02-2017, 06:15 PM)nihilist moron Wrote: [ -> ]I just spent four weeks in Australia and NZ. The "news" that you guys get over there is highly slanted liberal.

No, reality has a liberal bias and they are just free of the Right-Wing Propaganda Machine.

Reality is biased?  A liberal one?  How does that work?
(02-02-2017, 09:21 PM)taramarie Wrote: [ -> ]Because of your responses and because of your attitude that you have displayed so far. Given such is it worth my time?
What responses and which attitude that you've seen me display so far? I'm not into playing guessing games.
(02-02-2017, 01:58 PM)X_4AD_84 Wrote: [ -> ]We all need to be intellectually honest.

Are Black Bloc of "the Left?"

For that matter, are the so called "Alt-Right" of the Right?

Yes, for sure.   First, let's keep our anarchists straight. Cool

[Image: f6f40b7e651e7e35f1d126851719d41354f10d85...ffba_1.jpg]

I don't think these sort of anarchists are into trashing stuff for example.

Now, we have the variant we all know and love down below:

[Image: qt-a_dgi.gif]

And perhaps this one as well:

[Image: qt-a_dg3.gif]
I'm not sure if the recent incarnation is for anarcho-syndicalism or anarcho-communism.

Dunno if the black-bloccers are left or right.

Here's the Neoliberal variant of the circle A that anarchists use.

[Image: Logodollar.jpg]
(02-02-2017, 09:07 PM)taramarie Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-02-2017, 08:39 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-02-2017, 08:13 PM)taramarie Wrote: [ -> ]Nihilist, I just said on this very same thread that I do not get my news just from radio. Most of it comes from Americans themselves and online source for which i fact check. You are thinking old school, girl!
Nihilist, ain't all that old school. You get the bulk of your information from who, which group of Americans, on the internet. Are you familiar with Republican politics yet? Are you familiar with Republican voters yet?

I have a wide mix of American fb friends. Some are even extremely socially conservative and who applaud Trump.

They do not treat me like this is the Spanish Inquisition either because they are kindly people. Something you could learn from.
Spanish Inquisition??? Face Book friends????
(02-02-2017, 10:47 PM)taramarie Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-02-2017, 10:43 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-02-2017, 09:07 PM)taramarie Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-02-2017, 08:39 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-02-2017, 08:13 PM)taramarie Wrote: [ -> ]Nihilist, I just said on this very same thread that I do not get my news just from radio. Most of it comes from Americans themselves and online source for which i fact check. You are thinking old school, girl!
Nihilist, ain't all that old school. You get the bulk of your information from who, which group of Americans, on the internet. Are you familiar with Republican politics yet? Are you familiar with Republican voters yet?

I have a wide mix of American fb friends. Some are even extremely socially conservative and who applaud Trump.

They do not treat me like this is the Spanish Inquisition either because they are kindly people. Something you could learn from.
Spanish Inquisition??? Face Book friends????

You heard me.
I'm a kindly person when I'm with kindly people.
(02-02-2017, 08:48 PM)nihilist moron Wrote: [ -> ]It's interesting because the only conservative TV in the U.S. is FOX News. Everything else is lib. Radio is more balanced. 

But I was wondering which American conservatives get airtime on NZ radio. I know there are conservatives in Aus. They treat the Aborigines like shit, and now they want to dump their refugees on us. Assholes!

New Zealanders seem more accepting of their native peoples.

"lib" TV in America = fair and balanced reporting
It's easy to see that the Right has devolved big time over the last 40 years. And it has taken part of the "Left" along with it. The Left in America has been emaciated for a long time. Maybe part of it is getting back its claws. Their alleged major party still hasn't gotten them back. They might even let Gorsuch take the bench even though the creepy goppers wouldn't let Obama's pick even get a hearing. Talk about no guts; no glory! If they don't start to grow some spine, I'm going to sound like Marypoza pretty damn quick! What a bunch of losers, led by that creep Manchin. With Democrats like him in office, who needs Democrats?

Donald the Drump tweets that UC Berkeley's federal funding should be cut off. That's great; cut off research funds from the best public university in America. And Trump of course forgets that it was the university that invited him to speak. The students demonstrated, and some "black bloc" rioters showed up and threw some fireworks and smashed some windows. And some of them are being arrested. Does the Drumpface blame them? No, he blames the university which invited this blowhard fascist to provide hate speech to the students.
Tara, go fish

I have mentioned this to you before. Even if you might be right on some level, you have no business telling others here what they should say or how they should say it. Your own behavior completely disqualifies you from giving any advice to anybody here about anything. Yet you continue.

You remain on ignore. Bye.
(02-03-2017, 12:12 AM)Eric the Green Wrote: [ -> ]Donald the Drump tweets that UC Berkeley's federal funding should be cut off. That's great; cut off research funds from the best public university in America. And Trump of course forgets that it was the university that invited him to speak. The students demonstrated, and some "black bloc" rioters showed up and threw some fireworks and smashed some windows. And some of them are being arrested. Does the Drumpface blame them? No, he blames the university which invited this blowhard fascist to provide hate speech to the students.

1. Milo isn't a fascist.  He's a troll silly. I find him hilarious since he baits every SJW of every stripe around. He hurts their FWEEELINGS, poor things. They need to go back to their safe spaces and get consoled by puppies and kittens.

s/ Tongue

Uh, who should I blame for not having the cops not on sight like they were in DC? Someone was incompetent. Maybe they can be used as prison labor to build Trump's wall after they're cuffed and stuffed. That way, we won't have to have Mexico pay for the wall, which suits me fine. Cool
Horrible music does not excuse Milo, nor his fascist views. Sorry, my "feelings" of sympathy lie with the SJWs. Especially now that we are lost in Trumpland.

The UCB cops were there. They protected the people inside the building and the incendiary speaker. I think they were wise to avoid a confrontation with some non-student thugs who were just stirring up trouble. Some are being arrested now.
(02-02-2017, 05:20 PM)Ragnarök_62 Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-02-2017, 05:14 PM)SomeGuy Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-02-2017, 05:10 PM)Ragnarök_62 Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-02-2017, 03:39 PM)nihilist moron Wrote: [ -> ]The Left will need to work a lot harder if they don't want to be associated with firestarters, walking vaginas, and Madonna.

Dunno. Perhaps an investigation will link Soros to this shit. If so....
#CivilAssetForfeitrureSoros : Lots of dough to compensate the victims of his shit stirring and overtime pay for the cops. Cool
#ShutSorosDown
There's no violence in doing that, right?

What is he, 86?  Shouldn't have too much longer.

Yeah, I'll be sure to party when that motherfucker croaks. *I mean really, the stuff he funds does nobody any good. I also know Oklahoma sure could use that hedge fund money to fix our state budget.

Considering his funding the color revolutions and that mess in the Ukraine I won't be shedding any tears either.  Pity there is no extradition to Russia because Vlad would very much like to see him.  Soros in a Russian prison would truly be worth celebrating.
(02-02-2017, 11:54 AM)SomeGuy Wrote: [ -> ]Are you claiming not to be a sinning, partisan <expletive deleted>?  Disagree.  Tongue

Stepping back and taking the long view is important, I was just talking with my coworker about stepping back from the news/internet, reminding ourselves that we have jobs, tomorrow's Friday, and all of that stuff is just pixels on a screen for us at this point.

But this sort of thing is not excusable, and I've been seeing a lot of excuse making for this sort of thing here and elsewhere.

The long view is that competent leadership looks out for the interests of the masses lest it fail catastrophically. Betraying or denying those interests is not good for survival; think of Nicholas II.

We will need a Lincoln-like or FDR-like leader to extricate America from the mess that it is in and will have Obama-like leaders to allow the consolidation of something good.
(02-03-2017, 03:18 AM)Galen Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-02-2017, 05:10 PM)Ragnarök_62 Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-02-2017, 03:39 PM)nihilist moron Wrote: [ -> ]The Left will need to work a lot harder if they don't want to be associated with firestarters, walking vaginas, and Madonna.

Dunno. Perhaps an investigation will link Soros to this shit. If so....
#CivilAssetForfeitrureSoros : Lots of dough to compensate the victims of his shit stirring and overtime pay for the cops. Cool
#ShutSorosDown

Yeah, I'll be sure to party when that motherfucker croaks. *I mean really, the stuff he funds does nobody any good. I also know Oklahoma sure could use that hedge fund money to fix our state budget.

Considering his funding the color revolutions and that mess in the Ukraine I won't be shedding any tears either.  Pity there is no extradition to Russia because Vlad would very much like to see him.  Soros in a Russian prison would truly be worth celebrating.

Considering the mess that Donald Trump is getting us into, I would be delighted to see him stepping into a MiG aircraft to begin a gilded exile in Russia, where Vladimir Putin has established an odd synthesis of Tsarist splendor and the ruthless efficiency of Bolshevism that so dazzles our President.
(02-03-2017, 09:34 AM)pbrower2a Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-02-2017, 11:54 AM)SomeGuy Wrote: [ -> ]Are you claiming not to be a sinning, partisan <expletive deleted>?  Disagree.  Tongue

Stepping back and taking the long view is important, I was just talking with my coworker about stepping back from the news/internet, reminding ourselves that we have jobs, tomorrow's Friday, and all of that stuff is just pixels on a screen for us at this point.

But this sort of thing is not excusable, and I've been seeing a lot of excuse making for this sort of thing here and elsewhere.

The long view is that competent leadership looks out for the interests of the masses lest it fail catastrophically. Betraying or denying those interests is not good for survival; think of Nicholas II.

We will need a Lincoln-like or FDR-like leader to extricate America from the mess that it is in and will have Obama-like leaders to allow the consolidation of something good.

Blah blah, FASCISM IS NIGH, blah blah.  Rolleyes
(02-03-2017, 09:38 AM)pbrower2a Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-03-2017, 03:18 AM)Galen Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-02-2017, 05:10 PM)Ragnarök_62 Wrote: [ -> ]Dunno. Perhaps an investigation will link Soros to this shit. If so....
#ShutSorosDown

Considering the mess that Donald Trump is getting us into, I would be delighted to see him stepping into a MiG aircraft to begin a gilded exile in Russia, where Vladimir Putin has established an odd synthesis of Tsarist splendor and the ruthless efficiency of Bolshevism that so dazzles our President.

The Bolsheviks were efficient now?
(02-03-2017, 01:23 AM)taramarie Wrote: [ -> ]Those SJW's from Rag's example were twisting the equality message and creating reverse racism. I do not know them all but at least some are very much destroying an otherwise good message.

Unfortunately, the SJW's have taken control over most of the Democratic party and the influence over most of its electorate (Blue America). The Democratic party is in a very tough spot politically. Thanks for your response. I'm not telling you what to do, but you should consider declaring your independence from blue America.
(02-03-2017, 09:56 AM)SomeGuy Wrote: [ -> ]

Blah blah, FASCISM IS NIGH, blah blah.  Rolleyes

It's not hyperbole; what we have is a racist and corporate takeover of our country. I don't think it's the same. And people here seem OK with it. Another Scalia on the Court is fine with you guys. Just another dude who is always against the peoples' interests, like he was. And no opposition party; Drump is right. The Democrats are pathetic.

-- unfortunately. The f-ing DNC sabotaged  our FDR. So get ready for the alt-regeneracy under the Donald. Gonna be a bumpy ride
The people didn't vote for Sanders. Our would-be FDR would have been around for 2 terms. I'm not sure there is one. What we need is a Democratic Party with some spine. The people must push them. If you don't like leaders like Hillary or Pelosi, then push the Democrats to grow a spine. Don't adopt conspiracy theories to explain away the fact that Democratic voters and independents and moderates don't have enough spine.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13