Generational Theory Forum: The Fourth Turning Forum: A message board discussing generations and the Strauss Howe generational theory

Full Version: "I write like"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is just for fun. I question whether anyone here is a unique writer... we all have our mannerisms, our emphases, our predictable sentence structure, our word choice, and our biases. I doubt that anyone here is going to find himself being  compared to William Shakespeare or Emily Dickinson, or for that matter (GAAAK!) Donald Trump or Sarah Palin. 

Here's my analogue:

Cory Efram Doctorow (born July 17, 1971) is a Canadian-British blogger, journalist, and science fiction author who serves as co-editor of the weblog Boing Boing. He is an activist in favour of liberalising copyright laws and a proponent of the Creative Commons organization, using some of their licences for his books. Some common themes of his work include digital rights management, file sharing, and "post-scarcity" economics.

...I am about sixteen years older, and although I was born within about a four-hour drive from where he was born, my father was definitely not born in a refugee camp in Azerbaijan. I used to be up-to-date on computer technology -- about when he was a teenager. That is over -- long over.
(05-14-2017, 11:49 PM)pbrower2a Wrote: [ -> ]This is just for fun. I question whether anyone here is a unique writer... we all have our mannerisms, our emphases, our predictable sentence structure, our word choice, and our biases. I doubt that anyone here is going to find himself being  compared to William Shakespeare or Emily Dickinson, or for that matter (GAAAK!) Donald Trump or Sarah Palin. 

Here's my analogue:

Cory Efram Doctorow (born July 17, 1971) is a Canadian-British blogger, journalist, and science fiction author who serves as co-editor of the weblog Boing Boing. He is an activist in favour of liberalising copyright laws and a proponent of the Creative Commons organization, using some of their licences for his books. Some common themes of his work include digital rights management, file sharing, and "post-scarcity" economics.

...I am about sixteen years older, and although I was born within about a four-hour drive from where he was born, my father was definitely not born in a refugee camp in Azerbaijan. I used to be up-to-date on computer technology -- about when he was a teenager. That is over -- long over.

Ditto.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cory_Doctorow
C'mon folks -- try it!