Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We are getting old.
(10-10-2016, 03:05 PM)Warren Dew Wrote: I'm not convinced that the differentiation between Civics and Adaptives occurs before the Crisis War.  I thought my kids, born in 2008, 2010, and 2012, seemed like adaptives because they were shy with strangers, but that may be true for all kids of that age.

If I understand John's concept correctly the imprinting happens at the time of the crisis was, so this belief would be consistent with his crisis war concept.
(10-07-2016, 04:57 PM)FLBones Wrote:
Quote:-Boomers are entering their 60s but are not retiring like previous 60 year olds were. They seem much younger personality wise compared to the Silents but a lot of boomers are very obnoxious and entitled, worse than the Millennials. These are peak times for the Boomers and I think whoever becomes president next will do some pretty powerful things as a last minute resort before the Boomers are out of the picture. There will be a more emphasis on healthcare and coverage as the Boomers will need things to take care of their bodies as they age (hearing aids, glasses, canes, wheelchairs, medication), the Boomers born in the 1950s will also be a force in legalizing medical marijuana in the 2020s. I think the boomers will try to deny death as long as they can and when it inevitably comes, they'll take a very spiritual route about it.

1. The war on drugs needs to go away.  It's just all of those other wars of choice.  I see no reason why we're mucking around in Afghanistan, Iran, Iraq, Libya, Yemen, and Syria.  Yes, count those countries, there's 6 fucking wars of choice.  I think I deserve the right to grow weed and enjoy it again like in my younger days before the War on Drugs made everything such a drag.

Quote:-X generation are entering the mid fifities now. I remember when the Xers were the 20 and 30 somethings back in the 1990s. Many of them are becoming grandparents and they do make very protective parents. Xers can be very negative and immature at times but they're very independent and take a no nonsense attitude towards a lot of things. They've had a harsh life and wore themselves out early. I'm starting to notice that Xers are increasingly acting old and exhausted. Xers seem to move around a lot, the ones I know of moved repeatedly in their adult lives. Most of them also have had somewhat estranged relationships with their parents it seems. Xers sure do like to rebel though and be "bad".

Yup.  I love to deposit tobacco related debris by those "Tobacco Free Campus" signs at local schools. Big Grin  I deliberately gather cigarette butts, dip cans, and cigarette wrappers, and cigar butts and toss them beside those stupid signs. Cool

Quote:-Millennails... oh lord, they're finally growing up it seems. The core Millennials born in the early 90s are coming of age now. "Adulting" has become a popular new slogan. Millennals in general certainly are more team oriented and upbeat compared to the Xers but I tbink many Millennial men born in the  80s carry Xer traits. The youngest of the Millies are in the 6th grade now and within 6 years, they'll all be in rising adulthood. After this, the eldest Millennials will be nearing their 40s and start to bring about their civic traits now that they have more control over society. A war is likely to occur in the early 2020s but the economy will boom.

Milles :== cannon fodder.  If tactical nukes are used, at least they won't have to worry about the power grid going down.  They'll be self glowing.

Quote:-Homelanders- they're coming of age with hardly any news spoken of them and are now being raised under heavy protection. Their cohort since 2007 have been getting smaller which ties in that artists tend to be smaller in size. But it does seem that this generation will be more ethnic but less immigrant.

That's OK,. If my 2 great nephews [so far] have the life of my parents and mom's younger brother + aunt, then they'll do well economically.  Who knows, their kids might be new Nomads...  My Lost great aunt Dora was a madam and she lived long enough to see new nomads [X'rs] grow into their teens.
---Value Added Cool
Eric the Green Wrote:Supply side works only for the wealthy.

Posted by Mikebert - 27 minutes ago

If I understand John's concept correctly the imprinting happens at the time of the crisis was, so this belief would be consistent with his crisis war concept.
(3 hours ago)Warren Dew Wrote: Wrote:I'm not convinced that the differentiation between Civics and Adaptives occurs before the Crisis War.  I thought my kids, born in 2008, 2010, and 2012, seemed like adaptives because they were shy with strangers, but that may be true for all kids of that age.

Posted by David Horn - 10-04-2016, 12:48 PM

Since you seem unconvinced that the party of the President is at least indicative of the economic policies of the period, then tell me how great the supply side experiments in Louisiana and Kansas are going. 

Arguing that Kennedy was a supply sider by virtue of cutting the top marginal rate to a mere 70% is a tough sell.  Look at the results that can be quantified.  Reagan's cuts did nothing to speak of, except raise the US debt.  Clinton actually presided over a more growth following his tax increases.  The entire supply side argument rests on the nonsense that there is inadequate capital available, and we must encourage it into the market.  Why?  Never mind that we are awash in excess capital, capital is only invested when a market can be addressed.  That requires disposable income in the hands of willing consumers ... which is in less than adequate supply at the moment.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hmmmm....    Now this thread has a Prince of Cats moment.   Male Boomers at each others' throats. Cool
---Value Added Cool
(10-10-2016, 06:51 PM)Ragnarök_62 Wrote:

(3 hours ago)Warren Dew Wrote: Wrote:I'm not convinced that the differentiation between Civics and Adaptives occurs before the Crisis War.  I thought my kids, born in 2008, 2010, and 2012, seemed like adaptives because they were shy with strangers, but that may be true for all kids of that age.

Since you seem unconvinced that the party of the President is at least indicative of the economic policies of the period, then tell me how great the supply side experiments in Louisiana and Kansas are going. 

Arguing that Kennedy was a supply sider by virtue of cutting the top marginal rate to a mere 70% is a tough sell.  Look at the results that can be quantified.  Reagan's cuts did nothing to speak of, except raise the US debt.  Clinton actually presided over a more growth following his tax increases.  The entire supply side argument rests on the nonsense that there is inadequate capital available, and we must encourage it into the market.  Why?  Never mind that we are awash in excess capital, capital is only invested when a market can be addressed.  That requires disposable income in the hands of willing consumers ... which is in less than adequate supply at the moment.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hmmmm....    Now this thread has a Prince of Cats moment.   Male Boomers at each others' throats. Cool

LMAO! Big Grin
1984 Apollonian Civic
ISFP - The Artist.

We have a conservative boomer here now. That's OK. There are typical free marketeers from all generations that show up here.

And some extremely tempermental and angry early millennials (at least 2 now). They are hopeless, even though they are not conservatives. Ideology is not our only problem.
"I close my eyes, and I can see a better day" -- Justin Bieber

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
(10-10-2016, 07:25 PM)Eric the Green Wrote:

We have a conservative boomer here now. That's OK. There are typical free marketeers from all generations that show up here.

And some extremely tempermental and angry early millennials (at least 2 now). They are hopeless, even though they are not conservatives. Ideology is not our only problem.

I merely wish for you to be inclusive Eric. That is all. That has been all it is right from the start. At least you see we are not conservatives. I am a progressive in many many ways and why we have disputes is also because i some regards I am even more progressive than you aka being sensitive to others feelings and culture. Just in case you missed it when you said i was a fan of Putin that was laughable. He is right up there with that bastard Trump. Lock em in a trunk together and shoot them off towards the sun.
1984 Apollonian Civic
ISFP - The Artist.

(10-10-2016, 10:17 PM)X_4AD_84 Wrote:
(10-10-2016, 07:38 PM)taramarie Wrote:
(10-10-2016, 07:25 PM)Eric the Green Wrote:

I merely wish for you to be inclusive Eric. That is all. That has been all it is right from the start. At least you see we are not conservatives. I am a progressive in many many ways and why we have disputes is also because i some regards I am even more progressive than you aka being sensitive to others feelings and culture. Just in case you missed it when you said i was a fan of Putin that was laughable. He is right up there with that bastard Trump. Lock em in a trunk together and shoot them off towards the sun.
 Lock 'em in a trunk together with small arms. Big mags - 25 rounds at least!
cheap and effective. i like it. Big Grin
1984 Apollonian Civic
ISFP - The Artist.

(10-10-2016, 07:25 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: We have a conservative boomer here now. That's OK. There are typical free marketeers from all generations that show up here.

I think we need more conservative Boomers I think the one in question is sorta on the border sorta like Rags on the other side. Cool

Oh, they'll be an interesting bunch.  They'll probably be like my maternal grandfather and corrupt their Nomad grandkids with beers and perhaps a joint or two.  Remember they also, are close to the edge and have some of that X'er edginess as a result!
---Value Added Cool
(10-10-2016, 10:32 PM)Ragnarök_62 Wrote:
(10-10-2016, 07:25 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: We have a conservative boomer here now. That's OK. There are typical free marketeers from all generations that show up here.

I think we need more conservative Boomers I think the one in question is sorta on the border sorta like Rags on the other side. Cool

Oh, they'll be an interesting bunch.  They'll probably be like my maternal grandfather and corrupt their Nomad grandkids with beers and perhaps a joint or two.  Remember they also, are close to the edge and have some of that X'er edginess as a result!
Odin does but many have said I do not show any xer traits and given that i also am a foreign millie who was raised by a boomer who was ahead of her time in raising me and the fact i do not relate to xers it would be a stretch to say i have xer edginess.
1984 Apollonian Civic
ISFP - The Artist.

(10-10-2016, 06:15 PM)Mikebert Wrote:
(10-10-2016, 03:05 PM)Warren Dew Wrote: I'm not convinced that the differentiation between Civics and Adaptives occurs before the Crisis War.  I thought my kids, born in 2008, 2010, and 2012, seemed like adaptives because they were shy with strangers, but that may be true for all kids of that age.

A point on which his theory and yours agree, no?
(10-10-2016, 10:45 PM)taramarie Wrote: Odin does but many have said I do not show any xer traits and given that i also am a foreign millie who was raised by a boomer who was ahead of her time in raising me and the fact i do not relate to xers it would be a stretch to say i have xer edginess.

Uh, in a post written by Tara in a thread far far away, in response to Eric , well not so long ago we have :

Back-peddle alert

That, my dear Tara is pretty close to some X'er snark. Cool   You see, past is prologue.  When you're an old lass, you'll probably be handing some Nomad grand kiddies some brewskies and joints. Grandpa was raised by a Lost and a Missionary.

PS

Another conservative minded Boomer would be awesome!
---Value Added Cool
(10-10-2016, 11:51 PM)Ragnarök_62 Wrote:
(10-10-2016, 10:45 PM)taramarie Wrote: Odin does but many have said I do not show any xer traits and given that i also am a foreign millie who was raised by a boomer who was ahead of her time in raising me and the fact i do not relate to xers it would be a stretch to say i have xer edginess.

Uh, in a post written by Tara in a thread far far away, in response to Eric , well not so long ago we have :

Back-peddle alert

That, my dear Tara is pretty close to some X'er snark. Cool   You see, past is prologue.  When you're an old lass, you'll probably be handing some Nomad grand kiddies some brewskies and joints. Grandpa was raised by a Lost and a Missionary.

PS

Another conservative minded Boomer would be awesome!

I actually have been watching too much tyt newsfeed and the xer rubbed off onto me. That is what he says. What is a brewskie? I am asthmatic so i do not smoke and i do not condone smoking either. I also do not intend on breeding.
1984 Apollonian Civic
ISFP - The Artist.

(10-10-2016, 11:55 PM)taramarie Wrote: I actually have been watching too much tyt newsfeed and the xer rubbed off onto me. That is what he says. What is a brewskie? I am asthmatic so i do not smoke and i do not condone smoking either. I also do not intend on breeding.

1.  Brewskie is beer
2. As for joints, yeah, I see your point.  I've always preferred my weed in eaten form.  Allergies make smoking stuff a no-go here as well.
3. Breeding.  Yeah, that takes future Nomads on your part out of the equation.
---Value Added Cool
(10-11-2016, 12:05 AM)Ragnarök_62 Wrote:
(10-10-2016, 11:55 PM)taramarie Wrote: I actually have been watching too much tyt newsfeed and the xer rubbed off onto me. That is what he says. What is a brewskie? I am asthmatic so i do not smoke and i do not condone smoking either. I also do not intend on breeding.

1.  Brewskie is beer
2. As for joints, yeah, I see your point.  I've always preferred my weed in eaten form.  Allergies make smoking stuff a no-go here as well.
3. Breeding.  Yeah, that takes future Nomads on your part out of the equation.
Ok never seen that brand of beer here. I like my craft beer. Or preferably spirits. I do not use weed at all. Yeah because by the time i got around to it if i did i would probably create a prophet cusper and stuff that for a joke. Ours will be Dionysian like your boomers. Stuff. That.
1984 Apollonian Civic
ISFP - The Artist.

(10-10-2016, 07:07 PM)taramarie Wrote:
(10-10-2016, 06:51 PM)Ragnarök_62 Wrote: mmmm....    Now this thread has a Prince of Cats moment.   Male Boomers at each others' throats. Cool

LMAO! Big Grin

Hey, it's our thread!

Also, could  someone help a newbie out and tell me how old Rag and X_4 are?
(10-11-2016, 12:20 AM)Warren Dew Wrote:
(10-10-2016, 07:07 PM)taramarie Wrote:
(10-10-2016, 06:51 PM)Ragnarök_62 Wrote: mmmm....    Now this thread has a Prince of Cats moment.   Male Boomers at each others' throats. Cool

LMAO! Big Grin

Hey, it's our thread!

Also, could  someone help a newbie out and tell me how old Rag and X_4 are?
I believe they are close age-wise to each other. Rags was born 63 ....i think. He will correct me if i am wrong. But he is an early xer and i believe x_4 is an early xer too. I take it you are a late boom like my mother?
1984 Apollonian Civic
ISFP - The Artist.

(10-11-2016, 12:29 AM)taramarie Wrote: I believe they are close age-wise to each other. Rags was born 63 ....i think. He will correct me if i am wrong. But he is an early xer and i believe x_4 is an early xer too. I take it you are a late boom like my mother?

Close, it's 1962 as in "Ragnarök_62"
XY_4 , you're correct, he's a 1963'er.
---Value Added Cool
(10-11-2016, 12:51 AM)Ragnarök_62 Wrote:
(10-11-2016, 12:29 AM)taramarie Wrote: I believe they are close age-wise to each other. Rags was born 63 ....i think. He will correct me if i am wrong. But he is an early xer and i believe x_4 is an early xer too. I take it you are a late boom like my mother?

Close, it's 1962 as in "Ragnarök_62"
XY_4 , you're correct, he's a 1963'er.

Ah i just got you two mixed up. I heard someone say he was born 63 and was not sure if it were you or him.
1984 Apollonian Civic
ISFP - The Artist.

(10-10-2016, 06:37 PM)Ragnarök_62 Wrote: Yup.  I love to deposit tobacco related debris by those "Tobacco Free Campus" signs at local schools. Big Grin  I deliberately gather cigarette butts, dip cans, and cigarette wrappers, and cigar butts and toss them beside those stupid signs. Cool

This is childish behavior and not something to be proud of.
#MakeTheDemocratsGreatAgain

Eric isn't wrong at the "angry" part for me, my short temper and tendency to be self-righteous are probably my biggest personality flaws.
#MakeTheDemocratsGreatAgain