Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's in the "stars" (predicting by astrology and other means)
(09-21-2016, 02:15 AM)taramarie Wrote:
(09-21-2016, 02:10 AM)Galen Wrote:
(09-21-2016, 01:34 AM)taramarie Wrote: Nasa changed our zodiac signs. What does our resident astrologist say to this?

New Zodiac sign

Its not that hard to figure out.  They will just make some new shit up just like when new planets were discovered.

Or dismiss it to save face. Or in Eric's case he will just ignore it and carry on like he does with everything else.

I suggest that you think of him as an Electric Monk.
Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard. -- H.L. Mencken

If one rejects laissez faire on account of man's fallibility and moral weakness, one must for the same reason also reject every kind of government action.   -- Ludwig von Mises
(09-21-2016, 02:49 AM)taramarie Wrote:
(09-21-2016, 02:28 AM)Galen Wrote:
(09-21-2016, 02:15 AM)taramarie Wrote:
(09-21-2016, 02:10 AM)Galen Wrote:
(09-21-2016, 01:34 AM)taramarie Wrote: Nasa changed our zodiac signs. What does our resident astrologist say to this?

New Zodiac sign

Its not that hard to figure out.  They will just make some new shit up just like when new planets were discovered.

Or dismiss it to save face. Or in Eric's case he will just ignore it and carry on like he does with everything else.

I suggest that you think of him as an Electric Monk.
How interesting. The author is also a boomer born 1952 from England. The perfect description of idiotic and ludicrous thought. However anyone can think that of any belief system that contradicts with their belief system. On the other hand a cat is a cat, a dog is a dog. Certain things are just the way they are. Science can explain why (most) things are the way they are physically. But to believe blindly without question or evidence is madness. People make up stuff. It is our duty to question it from a logical standpoint. I question how physical bodies billions of miles away can physically influence cycles on earth as he seems to imply. That does not make any sense to me whatsoever.

Exactly, Boomers in general and Eric the Obtuse in particular tend to have answers but no questions.  Scientific knowledge can explain the known.  Science is the tool that allows us to gather knew knowledge.  The more complex the system the less that can be known about it which is why science is not a matter of consensus and is never truly settled.  Newton's Laws are in fact not completely true but they are good enough for most situations and are relatively easy to work with so we still use them.  One man with evidence is sufficient to overturn any theory.

Only through uncertainty can understanding come.  People who are the most certain tend to make the most spectacular disasters.  Eric the Obtuse is very certain which explains his spectacular screw ups.

Douglas Adams truly had a gift for capturing the absurdity of modern society along with the human condition.
Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard. -- H.L. Mencken

If one rejects laissez faire on account of man's fallibility and moral weakness, one must for the same reason also reject every kind of government action.   -- Ludwig von Mises
(09-21-2016, 03:31 AM)Galen Wrote: Exactly, Boomers in general and Eric the Obtuse in particular tend to have answers but no questions.  Scientific knowledge can explain the known.  Science is the tool that allows us to gather new knowledge.  The more complex the system the less that can be known about it which is why science is not a matter of consensus and is never truly settled.  Newton's Laws are in fact not completely true but they are good enough for most situations and are relatively easy to work with so we still use them.  One man with evidence is sufficient to overturn any theory.

Only through uncertainty can understanding come.  People who are the most certain tend to make the most spectacular disasters.  Eric the Obtuse is very certain which explains his spectacular screw ups.

But I don't screw up very much. You have never refuted any opinion I have expressed. Just call names. My record of prediction is probably better than any pundit or astrologer. It's pretty good, considering the uncertainty level of human events. I don't know many if any who predicted the revolution of 1989 and the Balkan Wars of the 90s, the middle east wars such as 1973, the timing of Nixon's resignation, the secrets revealed in the press in 1971-72, the US wars of 1989 and 1991, the US attacked and gone to war in 2001, plus what I called an "upsurge" for early 2003, Obamacare passing, the papal scandal and the reform pope, the economic crash of Fall 2008, the timing of a modest recovery, the refuge crisis starting in 2011, the revolutions of that year, the exact electoral vote and all the events of the 2012 election.....
https://youtu.be/oKmyB1q3H68
https://youtu.be/WAoeW5fXJYU
http://philosopherswheel.com/predictions.html
you will keep denigrating me, but your denigrations and name-calling have no substance. You just act like Donald Trump. We'll see if Hillary wins, as I predict.

I do not answer any questions posed by the kiwi, or follow any link she posts.

I don't disagree with what you said about science, except with, of course, your stubborn insults against me. And, there are other modes of knowledge besides science, but it is the mode for specific questions which are the most verifiable by experiment and testing.
"I close my eyes, and I can see a better day" -- Justin Bieber

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
(09-21-2016, 02:35 PM)taramarie Wrote:
(09-21-2016, 07:12 AM)Eric the Obtuse Wrote:
(09-21-2016, 03:31 AM)Galen Wrote: Exactly, Boomers in general and Eric the Obtuse in particular tend to have answers but no questions.  Scientific knowledge can explain the known.  Science is the tool that allows us to gather new knowledge.  The more complex the system the less that can be known about it which is why science is not a matter of consensus and is never truly settled.  Newton's Laws are in fact not completely true but they are good enough for most situations and are relatively easy to work with so we still use them.  One man with evidence is sufficient to overturn any theory.

But I don't screw up very much. You have never refuted any opinion I have expressed. Just call names. My record of prediction is probably better than any pundit or astrologer. It's pretty good, considering the uncertainty level of human events. I don't know many if any who predicted the revolution of 1989 and the Balkan Wars of the 90s, the middle east wars such as 1973, the timing of Nixon's resignation, the secrets revealed in the press in 1971-72, the US wars of 1989 and 1991, the US attacked and gone to war in 2001, plus what I called an "upsurge" for early 2003, Obamacare passing, the papal scandal and the reform pope, the economic crash of Fall 2008, the timing of a modest recovery, the refuge crisis starting in 2011, the revolutions of that year, the exact electoral vote and all the events of the 2012 election.....
https://youtu.be/oKmyB1q3H68
https://youtu.be/WAoeW5fXJYU
http://philosopherswheel.com/predictions.html
you will keep denigrating me, but your denigrations and name-calling have no substance. You just act like Donald Trump. We'll see if Hillary wins, as I predict.

I do not answer any questions posed by the kiwi, or follow any link she posts.

I don't disagree with what you said about science, except with, of course, your stubborn insults against me. And, there are other modes of knowledge besides science, but it is the mode for specific questions which are the most verifiable by experiment and testing.

See I am great at predictions too! You will not acknowledge that there are changes to the horoscopes.

Score another one for the kiwi.  Interesting that I don't get ignored because I am far harder on Eric the Obtuse than you are.

His predictions are so vague as to be meaningless.  For 1989 he predicted an attempt a world government, not quite the same as the collapse of the Soviet Union or the Warsaw Pact.  While Nixon's presidency ended badly the prediction appeared to be implying that he would be assassinated which was probably wishful thinking on the part of Eric the Obtuse.  I have to admit that was the most impressive display of confirmation bias that I have encountered in a long time.

I have never coddled the stupid in the past and I am not about to start now.

But you're a libertarian, Galen. So that last line isn't precisely true.
(09-22-2016, 12:03 AM)Einzige Wrote: But you're a libertarian, Galen. So that last line isn't precisely true.

I don't consider libertarians to be stupid in the general case.  There have been some exceptions.

Eric The Green Wrote:That would be December-January 2020-2021.

Yes, I call it the Mars station. As Mars and the Earth get closer together, Mars seems to stop and then go backwards (retrograde) and then stop and go forward (stationary-direct). In the days following these stations, between a week and a month and a half, is when violent events and the start of wars tend to happen. The Sun-Mars opposition (when the Earth is between the Sun and Mars) happens half-way between the stations, which are about 2 to 3 months apart.

OK, explanation given above.

Quote:It happens every 2 years. It's [ not necessarily a religious conflict,]   unless Jupiter, Neptune or the signs Sagittarius and/or Pisces are involved. Wars [tend] to happen most often at these stations when Mars is also square or opposite Saturn and [ possibly ] Pluto; [ sometimes] in trine too.

I put brackets around some weasel words. So, I'll be nice. What are the probabilities for a war and between which party[ies] ?

Do a comma delimited list as such, please.

party,party,...  vs.  party,party,.., date, proability

As such

US,UK,EU,vs,IS,5/3/2021,40%

Quote:In January 2014, and then in April, were the previous 2 stations. January 2014 saw the uprising in Ukraine, and in April, the invasion by the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria. In that latter case, we had a grand cross of Mars, Jupiter, Pluto and Uranus. We have had a Mars station recently too, at the end of June.

OK

Quote:In November 2020, Mars station-direct will happen, in Mars-sign Aries, and in mid-December it will be in square (active or aggressive aspect, 90 degrees apart) with Jupiter and Saturn as they form their conjunction at the winter solstice at 0 Aquarius, and Pluto in late Capricorn. With Jupiter involved, it seems [likely] religion will be involved. Look for any such war in December 2020. Earlier in September it turns retrograde, square Saturn. War may be possible then, but with Jupiter less involved then, it would be less likely to be a religious war. Usually though, the direct stations coincide more closely to the start of wars than retrograde stations.
Weathermen assign "likely" as a 60% chance.
India,vs,Pakistan,Dec/31/2020,60%

Quote:Another famous case was late August 1939, when Mars turned stationary-direct in square to Saturn and opposite Pluto. The Russian-German non-aggression pact was announced that day. A week later Hitler invaded Poland. In August 2001, Mars had just turned stationary-direct in late July when it conjoined Pluto in Sagittarius (also a sign of flight as well as religion) and opposed Saturn in Gemini, just before Sagittarius' arrows flew into the Twin (Gemini) Towers (Saturn= structures) on Sept.11, 2001. An event I predicted.

Past performance is no indicator of future results, man. Tongue

Quote:When Mars returned to its position on Sept 11, 2001, and opposed Saturn and joined Pluto again, what I predicted to be "an upsurge in the 2001 war" happened-- the USA invasion of Iraq in early March 2003. The Sun was not opposing Mars then. The first Gulf War, as I predicted, happened soon after Mars turned stationary-direct on January 1, 1991, in close trine (120 degree angle) to Saturn. Because it was a harmonious trine, the war was "a cakewalk." (though it was a more arduous "walk" for the Kurds, and not so easy for the Shia in southern Iraq)

Ditto.

Quote:Any US civil war or US participation in this 2020 war or any war will happen when the USA Jupiter and Uranus Return cycles come around, which won't be until 2025-2026 now. The last Jupiter Return was in 2013-14, preceded by 2001, 1989-1990, 1977, 1965, 1953, 1941, 1929, 1917, 1906.... The Uranus Return Cycle = the modern saeculum, and the Return of the Crisis Climax: 2027, preceded by 1944, 1861, 1776, 1692, 1607.

Wtf?   "this 2020 war" ?
I uh guess.  If a 2020 war happens without US then we need a probability for US involvement in a specific date! What day within time range of 2025-2026.  The planets only align for a smaller time than 1 freakin' year man. Cool

Quote:In addition, in 2025-26 Neptune Returns to its position at 0 Aries when the civil war broke out (on the very same day it entered aggressive Aries) in April 1861.

Neptune? That one's sort of out there.  So we need a specific DATE RANGE for Neptune.  Mars is faster so a set of dates/probabilities is needed.
1/1/2025-?  20%
?/?/?2025-? 60%

So what's the chance yer gonna hit yer predictions?
---Value Added Cool
(09-22-2016, 02:02 AM)taramarie Wrote: As for his predictions well lets just say i will believe it when i see it. THEN i would want to see more evidence of past success. I believe in evidence as to how predictions are made and results. THEN and only then there may be something to it. I am naturally skeptical when someone states they are a prophet.

Now you know why I dislike Boomers in general and Eric the Obtuse in particular.  No matter how many times something doesn't work they keep doing the same thing over and over in the hope that it will work if they just believe in it just a little bit harder.  After a half-century of being on the receiving end of that kind of stupidity and knowing it won't end anytime soon tends to wear out my patience.

I do pretty well in figuring out how things are going to go but I always have a backup plan for as many of the failure cases as possible.  Just part of the low level paranoia Nomads often develop to deal with the chaos caused by those who are so certain they can predict the future.  Plus I always remember that the perversity of the universe tends toward a maximum.  Not quite sure why that works so often and so well.

Skepticism is a valuable survival skill as you already have figured out.

(09-22-2016, 03:18 AM)taramarie Wrote: Their leaders however do not know how to run a logical political system. I hear you on having a back up system. I only learned that skill though a few years ago sadly. Reason being that those boomers did not prepare me for what was out there. Being heavily coddled did not help me either. I could not help the way I was raised though. It was a great big knock in the teeth. Especially with the great recession and the earthquakes which have devastated the whole city and some suburbs are now condemned. They are now country side. It has been rough but I have learned gratefully and marched on looking at the positives and blessings along the way. Smile

They have all of the hubris of the GIs with none of the competence.  The Millies are going to learn many things the hard way because of that.  With Millies all I have to do in most cases is let life kick the shit out of them for a few years and then its real easy to get them to wise up.

The next leg down on the Great Recession looks like it will be getting underway shortly because I think the central banks are losing control.  Having half of the Middle East showing up in Europe is pissing off the Germans and the French which historically tends not to end well.  The British have already decided they have had enough and are working on a wall to keep migrants out.  Come to think of it, the the Swedes appear to be getting in touch with their inner Viking.  The migrants had better start behaving themselves before the Germans start getting in touch with their inner Nazi.  Clearly the Germans have lost patience with Merkel.

I don't have to check with the stars to know that Europe will probably close its borders or suffer unrest of the likes they haven't seen in a very long time.  You might want to look at other times large numbers of military age Muslims have showed up.  It could be a replay of the crusades and they just might ask Putin for help in dealing with the problem.

(09-22-2016, 04:15 AM)taramarie Wrote:
(09-22-2016, 03:57 AM)Galen Wrote:
(09-22-2016, 03:18 AM)taramarie Wrote: Their leaders however do not know how to run a logical political system. I hear you on having a back up system. I only learned that skill though a few years ago sadly. Reason being that those boomers did not prepare me for what was out there. Being heavily coddled did not help me either. I could not help the way I was raised though. It was a great big knock in the teeth. Especially with the great recession and the earthquakes which have devastated the whole city and some suburbs are now condemned. They are now country side. It has been rough but I have learned gratefully and marched on looking at the positives and blessings along the way. Smile

They have all of the hubris of the GIs with none of the competence.  The Millies are going to learn many things the hard way because of that.  With Millies all I have to do in most cases is let life kick the shit out of them for a few years and then its real easy to get them to wise up.

The next leg down on the Great Recession looks like it will be getting underway shortly because I think the central banks are losing control.  Having half of the Middle East showing up in Europe is pissing off the Germans and the French which historically tends not to end well.  The British have already decided they have had enough and are working on a wall to keep migrants out.  Come to think of it, the the Swedes appear to be getting in touch with their inner Viking.  The migrants had better start behaving themselves before the Germans start getting in touch with their inner Nazi.  Clearly the Germans have lost patience with Merkel.

I don't have to check with the stars to know that Europe will probably close its borders or suffer unrest of the likes they haven't seen in a very long time.  You might want to look at other times large numbers of military age Muslims have showed up.  It could be a replay of the crusades and they just might ask Putin for help in dealing with the problem.
Well I will not judge all boomers for that. I have met some who are very rational and not as blindly idealistic as some seem to be. My thoughts on ideals is that they are fantastic ONLY when realistically achievable. Also I am not favourable of the attitudes of some early boomers who I have met who seem to be the most unrealistic and idealistic who think they have planned out the perfect society for us all and wonder why it will not work when told so even though they are getting hate from all sides. Calmly telling them why it will not work does not seem to work either. It boggles the mind. An ideal should be agreed on by the people and it should be a realistic ideal that the majority agree on and it will only happen when nations are in dire straits. When there is no other option. A rational ideal. I have no patience for childish fantasies that could potentially destroy the economy and the lives of many. Which is why I am not pleased with our govt pushing to increase the amount of refugees into the country. We have enough kiwis struggling let alone letting more in atm. All for the ideal. What about fixing our problems before letting more in! What about us? It is nice and all but this is the worst time for NZ to be letting them in at the moment. I do not think building a wall will keep them out lol. Keeping Muslims out will be near damn impossible. Though many are tightening up on how many people come into the country now. Including NZ. People are furious that both National and Labour (right and left wing main parties) are letting them in. NZ First has been dubbed by some Americans as the rational Trump of NZ. Winston Peters is in a few ways similar but in other ways VERY progressive. Other ways very conservative. But the key is in the name of the party to understanding what he is all about. When times are hard naturally people want to take care of their own first.

I have been playing the odds on Boomers for a long time and I am usually right about what I am dealing with.  You are not wrong about there being exceptions but I don't count on them.

Muslims have been kept out before but the methods have tended to be pretty violent with the survivors taking the hint and going somewhere else.  This usually happens after years and sometimes centuries of provocations.  Check out the history of the Crusades for a more complete description.

Naturally, I would prefer not to see this occur but the possibility can not be ignored.  Always plan for the worst and then be glad when it doesn't happen.

(09-22-2016, 04:41 AM)taramarie Wrote: Well if when polled it shows that they have certain regressive beliefs it is worrying. But I would like to see a more in depth poll to see if they would actually go so far to push those beliefs onto others. I do not worry if it is just their own personal beliefs. It is only if it will affect the rest of us to the point it starts to impact politics. I do stand for my freedom and others. I do worry as they tend to have regressive beliefs when it comes to the topic of women. They can believe whatever they want to but I want to know if they would push it onto others the same way some Christians do with their beliefs. THAT is what bothers me most of all.

The polling has been done in Great Britain.  Say what you like about Milo his data is solid.

(09-22-2016, 04:53 AM)taramarie Wrote:
(09-22-2016, 04:49 AM)Galen Wrote:
(09-22-2016, 04:41 AM)taramarie Wrote: Well if when polled it shows that they have certain regressive beliefs it is worrying. But I would like to see a more in depth poll to see if they would actually go so far to push those beliefs onto others. I do not worry if it is just their own personal beliefs. It is only if it will affect the rest of us to the point it starts to impact politics. I do stand for my freedom and others. I do worry as they tend to have regressive beliefs when it comes to the topic of women. They can believe whatever they want to but I want to know if they would push it onto others the same way some Christians do with their beliefs. THAT is what bothers me most of all.

The polling has been done in Great Britain.  Say what you like about Milo his data is solid.

Yes you have shown me that poll before. But I would like an even more extensive poll done. Belief systems should remain private for all, not just them. Especially when it comes to politics. As for my opinion on Milo himself. I have none. If he goes by hard facts I respect that.

He does do hard facts because that is the only way to understand the problem.  You asked for data and here it is.  Follow the links and it should give you a good picture of how things are unfolding in the UK.
[url=https://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/7861/british-muslims-survey][/url]

(09-22-2016, 05:05 AM)taramarie Wrote:
(09-22-2016, 05:03 AM)Galen Wrote:
(09-22-2016, 04:53 AM)taramarie Wrote:
(09-22-2016, 04:49 AM)Galen Wrote:

Yes you have shown me that poll before. But I would like an even more extensive poll done. Belief systems should remain private for all, not just them. Especially when it comes to politics. As for my opinion on Milo himself. I have none. If he goes by hard facts I respect that.

He does do hard facts because that is the only way to understand the problem.  You asked for data and here it is.  Follow the links and it should give you a good picture of how things are unfolding in the UK.
[url=https://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/7861/british-muslims-survey][/url]
Ah thank you. I will have a look at it tomorrow morning. It is late here and I am very tired. Thank you for the link.

You're welcome.

New Zodiac sign

I will tell you this. It is a hoax.
It is hard to find the predictions I made in the posts from the archive, lurking among the blizzard of opinions and arguments, but so far I have found one I made for the 2016 election:

Post#749 at 08-05-2015 08:56 PM by Eric the Green [at San Jose CA joined Jul 2001 #posts 22,504]
---
08-05-2015, 08:56 PM #749
Eric the Green

I don't get why Hillary getting high speaking fees is a no-no. How can Republicans criticize someone for making money, when that is their own chief value in life? Free market, right?

Hillary may not generate enthusiasm in some quarters, like for-example the folks here, but Democrats in general like her a lot, and boy the women will come out for her in droves. Biden is just not popular enough to be an alternative. He doesn't wear well with people.

She is not a shoe-in; she will have bumps in the road, and already has of course. I think she would win against Bush, but admittedly that is as much a hope as a dispassionate look at the cosmic and electoral odds.

Bush and Trump have the best odds of winning the nomination, according to the cosmic indicators. Rubio is my 3rd place bet. Paul will have some longevity. Walker will fade away, and Christie will move up for a while. Christie may get some traction in the debate tomorrow. If Trump has to play nice, that opens the door for Christie to be the charismatic loudmouth instead of Trump. But, don't look for Trump to fall right away. He may actually win the nomination, and give Hillary a run for her money too. Although I am still predicting Bush to win the nomination, Trump actually has slightly better odds from the purely-horoscope perspective. Bush has superior organization and broad popular and establishment support.

Sanders has some chance of knocking off Hillary. Sanders has long odds of beating Bush, but the cosmic indicators actually favor him, and he probably beats Trump too.

I never would have predicted Trump to do well until I saw his horoscope. I changed my mind, and predicted he would do well. Events have proven me right again.
Last edited by Eric the Green; 08-05-2015 at 08:59 PM.

Keep the spirit alive,

Eric A. Meece

http://generationaldynamics.com/tftarchi...-00030.htm

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
In July 2015, I wrote:

"If the primaries are indeed to be decided by which candidates have the best scores on my system compared to those who won in the past, regardless of other factors, then it will indeed be Trump vs. Sanders in November 2016."

http://generationaldynamics.com/tftarchi...-00029.htm

I have updated the candidate scores since then, of course. Bush's score in particular went down on my new system, and became slightly negative in fact. But this post was made at a time when Trump and Sanders were dismissed by the pundits as having no chance.

I am still looking for the post later on when I definitely said Trump would be nominated.

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
Well, as it turns out, my point system worked (8-4 vs. 12-9, with her score probably to be revised to 12-10 since I factored a Clinton win into the numbers, just for convenience you know), and since Hillary won the popular vote, the New Moon Before Election method worked too, since that's what it indicates. My two main methods for predicting the election worked. But the Jupiter and Saturn patterns failed. Other astrologers suggested other patterns which worked. But I have no idea if they are empirically or statistically significant. Which means I can't be sure any of those patterns, or the Jupiter/Saturn patterns I used, will ever work again. There was also controversy about Hillary's actual birth time, which would have affected those Jupiter and Saturn patterns in her chart. But Saturn transiting at the Nadir of fortune, was not a reliable indicator of a Trump defeat.

My prediction for this election failed, although I had many successes (if you can call predicted wars and economic crashes success). But just what is going on with astrology, I don't know. It was supposed to be my lucky day, by Jove. It certainly isn't.

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
(11-09-2016, 02:14 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: Well, as it turns out, my point system worked (8-4 vs. 12-9, with her score probably to be revised to 12-10 since I factored a Clinton win into the numbers, just for convenience you know), and since Hillary won the popular vote, the New Moon Before Election method worked too, since that's what it indicates. My two main methods for predicting the election worked. But the Jupiter and Saturn patterns failed. Other astrologers suggested other patterns which worked. But I have no idea if they are empirically or statistically significant. Which means I can't be sure any of those patterns, or the Jupiter/Saturn patterns I used, will ever work again. There was also controversy about Hillary's actual birth time, which would have affected those Jupiter and Saturn patterns in her chart. But Saturn transiting at the Nadir of fortune, was not a reliable indicator of a Trump defeat.

My prediction for this election failed, although I had many successes (if you can call predicted wars and economic crashes success). But just what is going on with astrology, I don't know. It was supposed to be my lucky day, by Jove. It certainly isn't.

Even the most accurate psychics and astrologers make mistakes. By the way, what do you predict will happen in 2017? This is especially important since Trump was elected.
(11-12-2016, 07:01 PM)naf140230 Wrote:
(11-09-2016, 02:14 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: Well, as it turns out, my point system worked (8-4 vs. 12-9, with her score probably to be revised to 12-10 since I factored a Clinton win into the numbers, just for convenience you know), and since Hillary won the popular vote, the New Moon Before Election method worked too, since that's what it indicates. My two main methods for predicting the election worked. But the Jupiter and Saturn patterns failed. Other astrologers suggested other patterns which worked. But I have no idea if they are empirically or statistically significant. Which means I can't be sure any of those patterns, or the Jupiter/Saturn patterns I used, will ever work again. There was also controversy about Hillary's actual birth time, which would have affected those Jupiter and Saturn patterns in her chart. But Saturn transiting at the Nadir of fortune, was not a reliable indicator of a Trump defeat.

Even the most accurate psychics and astrologers make mistakes. By the way, what do you predict will happen in 2017? This is especially important since Trump was elected.

-- l keep telling him stop with the freaking out & cast a chart
Heart my 2 yr old Niece/yr old Nephew 2020 Heart
Mary, Mary, I have cast all the charts already........

I had some hopes that 2017 would see some breakthroughs for peace and justice in the lands where revolutions had broken out under the Uranus-Pluto square of 2011, and more movements for freedom. But the election of Trump has thrown a monkey wrench into everything. I can't have any trust in my prediction for that now. The USA was supposed to facilitate this. That won't happen now.

Another astrologer who predicted Trump would win, focused on another set of aspects in 2017 than I did. From what I remember, he predicted a lot more turmoil for the year 2017, not peace and justice. That is based on Jupiter joining the Uranus-Pluto square again in its waning year. Since Jupiter means religion, I suspect we'll get more Moslem terrorist outbreaks. But in 2014, in the Spring, this same aspect brought us the Islamic State conquests and the Ukraine Revolution and Russian incursions. That one included a stationary Mars, though, in a grand cross; so this time I don't think it will be as catastrophic as in 2014. Instead, the war on ISIS seems to be in its final stages. But if it's not finished before Trump gets in, I don't know what will happen. He would probably screw the whole thing up and it would just continue indefinitely.

Since Jupiter in Libra represent alliances, I suspect Trump will have fun blowing up some this year. And having fun with Putin, who is a Libra.

Honestly, anyone who is NOT freaking out after Trump's election, isn't paying attention. I have already pointed this out to you, Marypoza.

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  You are the stars Eric the Green 38 58,008 03-15-2022, 11:36 PM
Last Post: JasonBlack
  Astrology and science Eric the Green 6 3,117 01-03-2022, 05:50 PM
Last Post: Eric the Green
  Generations and Astrology carecare7 26 21,495 06-18-2019, 02:51 AM
Last Post: Ragnarök_62
  Vedic Astrology - Eight directions and their ruler tamijothidam 3 7,281 05-15-2017, 10:13 PM
Last Post: Ragnarök_62
  Astrology and Music naf140230 2 4,253 12-28-2016, 03:26 PM
Last Post: Eric the Green