Generational Theory Forum: The Fourth Turning Forum: A message board discussing generations and the Strauss Howe generational theory
Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can! - Printable Version

+- Generational Theory Forum: The Fourth Turning Forum: A message board discussing generations and the Strauss Howe generational theory (http://generational-theory.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Fourth Turning Forums (http://generational-theory.com/forum/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Current Events (http://generational-theory.com/forum/forum-34.html)
+---- Forum: General Political Discussion (http://generational-theory.com/forum/forum-15.html)
+---- Thread: Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can! (/thread-158.html)

RE: Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can! - Dan '82 - 07-17-2016

RE: Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can! - Anthony '58 - 07-17-2016

A song that reached its peak position on the Billboard charts the week before the 1968 election - Al Wilson's The Snake - has proven to be the Ballad Of The Republican Party.

When the Republican oligarchs took the Archie Bunker/"hardhats" in beginning with that election, they had to know that these voters were "snakes" who did not share their Ayn Randian economic agenda - but they just couldn't resist exploiting their hatred for the hippies and the then increasingly hostile black militants.

The only shock in this exquisite morality play is that it took so long for the super-richies to get bitten - bitten, of course, in the form of the Donald Trump-led hostile takeover of their party.

RE: Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can! - pbrower2a - 07-17-2016

(07-17-2016, 04:31 PM)Anthony Wrote: A song that reached its peak position on the Billboard charts the week before the 1968 election - Al Wilson's The Snake - has proven to be the Ballad Of The Republican Party.

When the Republican oligarchs took the Archie Bunker/"hardhats" in beginning with that election, they had to know that these voters were "snakes" who did not share their Ayn Randian economic agenda - but they just couldn't resist exploiting their hatred for the hippies and the then increasingly hostile black militants.

The only shock in this exquisite morality play is that it took so long for the super-richies to get bitten - bitten, of course, in the form of the Donald Trump-led hostile takeover of their party.

The rapacious, plutocratic narcissists have gotten a taste of the medicine that they thrust upon us liberals. They have now discovered that they couldn't promise a (fundamentalist) Christian-or-else America in return for accepting brutal economics. Their salami slicing has failed.

I'd say that they deserve Donald Trump as President and the economic meltdown and maybe some military disasters. But we liberals have  been paying a price except in those localities in which we dominate.

RE: Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can! - playwrite - 07-18-2016

It looks like Pence is already a big plus to the amusement know as the Trump campaign.

The "#PeriodsForPence" has now been modified to become "#TamponsForTrump"

Women are flooding Trump campaign HQ with menstruation questions — here’s why

Periods for Pence

RE: Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can! - playwrite - 07-18-2016

Now this is scary -

‘The Art of the Deal’ co-author: Trump is ‘terrifying’

Quote:The co-author of Donald Trump’s bestselling book “The Art of the Deal” says he is horrified the billionaire may win the presidency.

“It’s a terrifying thing,” writer Tony Schwartz said Monday on ABC’s “Good Morning America." "I never in a million years thought he would run for president.

“I haven’t slept a night through since Donald Trump announced for president because I believe he is so insecure, so easily provoked and not particularly nearly as smart as people might imagine he is.”

Schwartz said he has grave concerns about how Trump would handle conflicts with world leaders like Russian President Vladimir Putin.

“In the face of somebody like Putin provoking him cleverly — because Putin’s a heck of a lot smarter than Donald Trump — I do worry that with the nuclear codes he would end civilization as we know it. This is a man who has more sociopathic tendencies than any candidate in my adult life that I’ve observed.”

Schwartz added Trump, the presumptive GOP presidential nominee, lacks the focus needed for the nation’s highest office.

“He has an incredibly short attention span,” he said. "He was unable to do interviews with me past 10–15 minutes. Finally I had to sit in his office and pick up a phone eight feet away from his desk so I could listen in on his calls and turn this into a book. My two-year-old grandson has a longer attention span than Donald Trump."

Wow.

RE: Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can! - Dan '82 - 07-18-2016

Former 'Apprentice' star Omarosa named Trump director of African-American outreach

RE: Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can! - Eric the Green - 07-18-2016

Authoritarianism: The political science that explains Trump

RE: Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can! - pbrower2a - 07-18-2016

Here's the Republican platform -- no comment on its content here.

https://www.scribd.com/document/318660213/RNC-Platform#from_embed

RE: Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can! - Odin - 07-18-2016

RNC forced to close online convention chat after anti-Semites turn it into a Jew-bashing hatefest

This is your new GOP folks, now with full Fascist flavor.

RE: Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can! - Dan '82 - 07-18-2016

RE: Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can! - pbrower2a - 07-18-2016

These people could blame President Obama for psoriasis. So far better at shouting than thinking.

Melania Trump appears to have plagiarized part of Michelle Obama’s 2008 DNC speech

RE: Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can! - pbrower2a - 07-19-2016

(07-18-2016, 11:28 PM)Dan Wrote:

That's as if one of the cardinals who as a candidates for the Papacy in a sede vacante situation cites an intimate of the Devil, for to Trump supporters, Barack Obama is for all practical purposes the Devil.

What a mess!

The 2016 Republican campaign begins with the assumption that Barack Obama is a horrible President, the new James Buchanan. If they want to claim that the current President is out of style or quickly becoming irrelevant, then that is how the Democrats dealt with Dwight Eisenhower (a good President) in 1960 or George W. Bush i(an awful President) in 2008. Republicans are dealing with President Obama as if he were "That Man" (FDR). That did not work in 1936, 1940, or 1944; it wasn't relevant in 1948. By 1952 the Republicans gave up on that course, and their Presidential nominee won a landslide.

RE: Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can! - Bob Butler 54 - 07-19-2016

(07-18-2016, 08:21 PM)X_4AD_84 Wrote:
(07-18-2016, 07:12 PM)Odin Wrote: RNC forced to close online convention chat after anti-Semites turn it into a Jew-bashing hatefest

This is your new GOP folks, now with full Fascist flavor.

The International White Nationalist nee National Bolshevik conspiracy has infiltrated and threatens to take over a major US political party. It is non conventional warfare. Will we fight back, and if so, how?

Why, censorship of course!  Just cut off the media feed.  It's the Bolshevik thing to do.  Smile

RE: Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can! - Eric the Green - 07-19-2016

[Image: 13697009_10208709278202282_3692785601783...e=582BFB7E]

RE: Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can! - Eric the Green - 07-19-2016

Melania Trump's speech from 2016:

From a young age, my parents impressed on me the values that you work hard for what you want in life, that your word is your bond and you do what you say and keep your promise, that you treat people with respect. They taught and showed me values and morals in their daily life.

That is a lesson I continue to pass along to our son, and we need to pass those lessons on to the many generations to follow. Because we want our children in this nation to know is the only limits to your achievements is the strength of your dreams and your willingness to work for them.

Obama's speech in 2008 was remarkably similar
Michelle Obama's speech from 2008:

And Barack and I were raised with so many of the same values: that you work hard for what you want in life; that your word is your bond and you do what you say you're going to do; that you treat people with dignity and respect, even if you don't know them, and even if you don't agree with them.

And Barack and I set out to build lives guided by these values, and pass them on to the next generation. Because we want our children - and all children in this nation - to know that the only limit to the height of your achievements is the reach of your dreams and your willingness to work for them.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/melania-trump-plagiarise-michelle-obamas-8446088

RE: Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can! - Skabungus - 07-19-2016

I cant stop laughing. This is great.

Trae Crowder, Liberal Redneck - The Truth About Trump

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PsqKyv86pEY