Generational Theory Forum: The Fourth Turning Forum: A message board discussing generations and the Strauss Howe generational theory
Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can! - Printable Version

+- Generational Theory Forum: The Fourth Turning Forum: A message board discussing generations and the Strauss Howe generational theory (http://generational-theory.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Fourth Turning Forums (http://generational-theory.com/forum/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Current Events (http://generational-theory.com/forum/forum-34.html)
+---- Forum: General Political Discussion (http://generational-theory.com/forum/forum-15.html)
+---- Thread: Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can! (/thread-158.html)

RE: Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can! - Bill the Piper - 07-08-2019

Trump's airport speech makes everything clear. Trump is an alien! Only aliens could have airports in 1776

[Image: hqdefault.jpg]

RE: Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can! - Eric the Green - 07-09-2019

yes he is, ha ha!

“Our Army manned the air, it rammed the ramparts, it took over the airports, it did everything it had to do…” — Donald Trump, during his “Salute to America” speech, 7/4/19

https://twitter.com/hashtag/TrumpParade?src=hash

[Image: D-r9hhmX4AAe6RH.jpg]

RE: Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can! - pbrower2a - 07-09-2019

[Image: get?url=https%3A%2F%2Fpbs.twimg.com%2Fme...800&h=1173]

RE: Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can! - Hintergrund - 07-12-2019

(07-04-2019, 02:35 PM)pbrower2a Wrote: [Image: eb9de16844906f7a9b1b45c53a595ed9e7bf592c...=600&h=471]

There is some image out there which gives more than a dozen reasons why Trump is the first n***er POTUS.

RE: Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can! - pbrower2a - 07-13-2019

[Image: 8adcf0480cb236d1e9c58cccb3fb552cd9c0887f...=600&h=414]

RE: Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can! - pbrower2a - 07-13-2019

[Image: 49ca9469f4e88fc1db68f774c64bbb5673939b75...=800&h=497]

RE: Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can! - Warren Dew - 07-13-2019

(07-13-2019, 07:55 AM)pbrower2a Wrote: [Image: 8adcf0480cb236d1e9c58cccb3fb552cd9c0887f...=600&h=414]

Good to see a pro-Trump post here.

RE: Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can! - pbrower2a - 07-14-2019

That's not how I interpret it.

It's against authoritarian rule, and the necessary destruction of any ability to criticize the tenets behind the rule. This applies as much to fascism as to Communism, and both plutocracy and military dictatorship.

Trump stands for a pervasive mindlessness in American life that will at best fossilize America and at worst bring rot. He may not be as bad as Nazis or the Khmer Rouge, but any irreversible step toward either is one that wise people do not make.

RE: Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can! - Eric the Green - 07-15-2019

(07-13-2019, 07:51 PM)Warren Dew Wrote:
(07-13-2019, 07:55 AM)pbrower2a Wrote: [Image: 8adcf0480cb236d1e9c58cccb3fb552cd9c0887f...=600&h=414]

Good to see a pro-Trump post here.

No-one with an open and inquisitive mind supports Trump.

RE: Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can! - pbrower2a - 07-17-2019

[Image: get?url=https%3A%2F%2Fthe-immoral-minori...=800&h=750]

RE: Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can! - pbrower2a - 07-19-2019

[Image: d918b79e29d1cf4b4df0205aa81f2ba25a4f62bb...pg?w=800&h]

[Image: get?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.caglecartoons....=800&h=468]

RE: Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can! - Bill the Piper - 07-19-2019

Final stadium of capitalism is the ultimate monopoly, Bolshevism:

[Image: chairmantrump1.jpg]

RE: Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can! - pbrower2a - 07-24-2019

OK... it is in no way humorous, but if you saw the coverage of the Mueller testimony today, you will notice that the Democrats came off well and Republicans defending Trump looked like fools. Democrats took a tale of corruption and transformed it into a nightmare of subversion and disloyalty. Liberals like Adam Schiff are rarely the defenders of tradition, but this time they have taken the role by default. It may not be the beginning of the end, but it is at least the end of the beginning.

RE: Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can! - pbrower2a - 07-25-2019

[Image: 3000.jpg?width=620&quality=85&auto=forma...673a529e3a]

This is a doctored photo, with the eagle altered to resemble the double-eagle design of Imperial Russia and golf clubs in the left talon of the eagle. 

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2019/jul/24/trump-presidential-seal-doctored-russia-golf-turning-point

RE: Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can! - Ragnarök_62 - 07-25-2019

(07-24-2019, 09:17 PM)pbrower2a Wrote: OK... it is in no way humorous, but if you saw the coverage of the Mueller testimony today, you will notice that the Democrats came off well and Republicans defending Trump looked like fools. Democrats took a tale of corruption and transformed it into a nightmare of subversion and disloyalty. Liberals like Adam Schiff are rarely the defenders of tradition, but this time they have taken the role by default.  It may not be the beginning of the end, but it is at least the end of the beginning.

Nope,  Mueller was a disaster!
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/michael-moore-to-democrats-that-said-trust-mueller-stfu

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/senile-dementia-geriatric-twitter-mocks-mueller

Or, I guess he could be stoned since weed's legal in DC.

I also have a prediction.  Trump will win big time in 2020 if the Democrats fail to bring up issues like :

1.  Why is our military budget 10 times the size of China's and we get crap like the F-35, 800 military bases strewn all over the world, etc.?

2. I do not hear any opposition to the Republican plan to get rid of Obamacare.

3. The position of the DNC and most candidates is open borders.  If this is the official position of the DNC, I'll just vote down ticket and just ignore the 2 party Neoliberal monopoly.  

4. At least Trump might bust up big tech.  That is a something.

5. Trump is trying to close the border.  That is another something.

6. Yeah, there are some nothings like Iran, tax cuts, etc.  Again, what do does the DNC actually stand for besides open borders, SJW's, and a touch of green stuff.

7. Climate change is here and it's going to crush adherents to permanent growth Neoliberalism hard.
https://www.npr.org/2019/07/24/744236308/how-a-perfect-storm-cut-off-water-to-this-colorado-town

Neoliberals, you've been warned. Mother earth is going to destroy first your wealth, then your health. There's no escaping in whatever bunkers you have.

Open borders, open capital markets, open markets. I'm done with this shit.

RE: Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can! - gabrielle - 07-25-2019

(07-25-2019, 06:56 AM)pbrower2a Wrote: [Image: 3000.jpg?width=620&quality=85&auto=forma...673a529e3a]

This is a doctored photo, with the eagle altered to resemble the double-eagle design of Imperial Russia and golf clubs in the left talon of the eagle. 

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2019/jul/24/trump-presidential-seal-doctored-russia-golf-turning-point

It's not a doctored photo.  This image was actually projected onscreen behind Trump as he spoke to a conservative group, Turning Point USA, on Tuesday.  The staffer responsible has apparently been fired.

Meet the man who created the fake presidential seal — a former Republican fed up with Trump

Quote:Charles Leazott hadn’t thought about the seal in months.
The 46-year-old graphic designer threw it together after the 2016 presidential election — it was one part joke, one part catharsis. He used to be a proud Republican. He voted for George W. Bush. Twice.
But Donald J. Trump’s GOP was no longer his party. So he created a mock presidential seal to prove his point.
He substituted the arrows in the eagle’s claw for a set of golf clubs — a nod to the new president’s favorite pastime. In the other set of talons, he swapped the olive branch for a wad of cash and replaced the United States’ Latin motto with a Spanish insult. Then, his coup de grace: a two-headed imperial bird lifted straight from the Russian coat of arms, an homage to the president’s checkered history with the adversarial country.
“This is the most petty piece of art I have ever created,” the Richmond resident said in an interview with The Washington Post.
The seal wasn’t meant for a wide audience. But then, years later, it wound up stretched across a jumbo-tron screen behind an unwitting President Trump as he spoke to a conference packed with hundreds of his young supporters.
That was Tuesday. On Wednesday, The Post was the first to report that the seal was fake — and that neither the White House, nor Turning Point USA, the organizers of the star-studded Teen Student Action Summit, knew how it got there or where it came from. Leazott woke up Thursday and saw the news in a Reddit post as he drank his morning coffee. Then, a torrent of messages.
“It’s been chaos,” he said. “This is not what I expected when I woke up today.”
No one expected it. A Turning Point spokesman said Wednesday the conservative group wasn’t even aware of the phony seal until The Post called him. He spent that night trying track down the culprit and determine whether it was an intentional act by a rogue staffer, or just an honest mistake.
The faux seal was on-screen for at least 80 seconds, in plain sight but largely ignored as hundreds in the room at the Washington Marriott Marquis trained their attention on Trump.
But the modified symbol was loaded with jabs at the president — subtle and overt. The Russian eagle, an allusion to accusations that he embraced the Kremlin, and the Spanish script, a reference to Trump’s controversial border policies and his denigration of Latin American immigrants. Instead of E pluribus unum — “out of many, one” — Leazott wrote “45 es un títere,” or “45 is a puppet,” a callback to a viral exchange between Trump and Hillary Clinton in a 2016 debate.
“I’m a graphic designer, it’s just something I tossed together,” he said. “This was just a goofy thing for some people I knew. I had no idea it would blow up like this."
By Thursday morning, the Turning Point spokesman said the group had identified the staffer responsible for turning Leazott’s design into a trending topic. He called the incident a last-minute oversight, the result of a quick online search to find a second high-resolution photo of the presidential seal to place behind Trump. He said the mistake was “unacceptable.”
“We did let the individual go,” the spokesman said. “I don’t think it was malicious intent, but nevertheless.”
Leazott doesn’t buy it. He thinks whoever was responsible had to know exactly what they were looking for. He believes the person dug up the image he created and used it intentionally.
“That’s a load of crap,” he said in response to Turning Point’s explanation. “You have to look for this. There’s no way this was an accident is all I’m saying.”
After The Post story published, Internet sleuths went looking, too. They found the image’s origin, tracing it back to an online marketplace Leazott set up to sell shirts and stickers sporting the seal, along with other jokey “resistance” apparel. And the citizens of the Web wanted to buy his stuff.
In one fell news cycle, Leazott began making money and fielding calls from papers and TV stations from across the country. People wanted to support him. But the trolls came, too.
“The worst has been Facebook,” he said, which he hadn’t checked “in like a year.”
“Holy crap at the amount of vile, hateful Facebook messages," he said. "It’s apparently a personal affront to some people.”
But, Leazott said, it’s him who gets the last laugh. A photo of Trump in front of his seal is now his computer background, and the person who used it at the event is “either wildly incompetent or the best troll ever — either way, I love them.”
As of Thursday afternoon, Leazott’s shirts were sold out. He said he had to start working with a fulfillment center just to meet the demand. He also revived the primary website for his brand, OneTermDonnie, which includes a paean to the American Civil Liberties Union, where the site says 10 percent of all sales will be directed.
“It’s cool people are buying this, that’s great and all,” he said. “But I’ve got to be honest, I am so tickled in the most petty way possible that the president of the United States, who I despise, stood up and gave a talk in front of this graphic. Whoever put that up is my absolute hero.”

RE: Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can! - pbrower2a - 07-25-2019

So it isn't fake?

Resistance is strong and subtle. Hooray!

...Trump supporters seem not to be subtle thinkers or even very attentive to detail. Attention to detail correlates to creativity and academic success; certain jobs are impossible without it. I would have seen it and laughed my head off -- and I do not have a strong sense of humor. Then again, you surely know what I think of Donald Trump.

RE: Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can! - pbrower2a - 07-27-2019

You might think twice about eating at a Trump property (New York Daily News).

Their namesake is a Mr. Clean freak, but some Trump eateries are just plain dirty.
Mice in the kitchen, filthy food prep areas and broken sewage systems are on the list of recent stomach-turning health code violations at a number of Trump-branded restaurants in the city, the Daily News has learned.
Health inspections at Trump properties from Midtown Manhattan to the Bronx’s Ferry Point reveal the President’s eponymous company still struggles to keep its day-to-day operations clean — though similar infractions have been reported for years.
Violations at the President’s crown jewel and Manhattan residence — Trump Tower on Fifth Avenue — are perhaps the most gag-inducing.

City Department of Health inspectors visited the tower’s cafe and grill on July 11, 2018 and found “evidence of mice or live mice” in and around the kitchen, according to records that haven’t previously been reported. The inspectors categorized the violation as “critical.”
[Image: ny-1550179546-g4bucu82ck-snap-image]

The Trump Tower Grille has been dinged for violations every year since 2014. (Jim Watson / AFP/Getty Images)

The inspectors also deemed the restaurant “not vermin proof” and said its “conditions” are “conducive to attracting vermin” and “allowing vermin to exist.”
Moreover, the eatery’s “food contact surfaces” had not been properly maintained and “unacceptable” material had been used to build some “non-food contact” stations, making them practically impossible to clean.
The Trump Tower eatery has been written up for various health code violations every year since 2014, including sightings of “live roaches” in 2016 and “filth flies” in 2017. But inspectors have not — until now — found mice tracks at the posh establishment.

President Trump — who’s technically still the chief executive of the restaurant since he never completely divested from his namesake company when he moved into the Oval Office — has a tendency to not clean up after himself, according to a former business associate.
“He has always been far more focused on creating an image for his properties than in spending what it takes to make them excellent,” the ex-associate told The News, speaking on condition of anonymity in order to be candid.
A spokesperson for the Trump Organization wouldn’t comment directly on the rodent reports but said any “minor infractions” were dealt with immediately. The rep also noted the Midtown eatery has an “A” rating despite the violations.

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/ny-pol-trump-restaurants-mice-health-20190207-story.html

RE: Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can! - pbrower2a - 07-27-2019

[Image: HSoa6YOU?format=jpg&name=600x314]

Note to G7 guests: Trump Doral pools have not been inspected by health officials http://ow.ly/tTnE30pbvdW

RE: Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can! - beechnut79 - 07-27-2019

(07-24-2019, 09:17 PM)pbrower2a Wrote: OK... it is in no way humorous, but if you saw the coverage of the Mueller testimony today, you will notice that the Democrats came off well and Republicans defending Trump looked like fools. Democrats took a tale of corruption and transformed it into a nightmare of subversion and disloyalty. Liberals like Adam Schiff are rarely the defenders of tradition, but this time they have taken the role by default.  It may not be the beginning of the end, but it is at least the end of the beginning.
But wasn't Bolshevism the opposite of capitalism? And do you really feel as if capitalism as we know it is on its last legs. This even though it has been getting more powerful than ever. The sunset syndrome? (Sun looks bigger in the sky as it is about to set).