Generational Theory Forum: The Fourth Turning Forum: A message board discussing generations and the Strauss Howe generational theory
Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can! - Printable Version

+- Generational Theory Forum: The Fourth Turning Forum: A message board discussing generations and the Strauss Howe generational theory (http://generational-theory.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Fourth Turning Forums (http://generational-theory.com/forum/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Current Events (http://generational-theory.com/forum/forum-34.html)
+---- Forum: General Political Discussion (http://generational-theory.com/forum/forum-15.html)
+---- Thread: Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can! (/thread-158.html)

RE: Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can! - Bob Butler 54 - 01-18-2020

(01-18-2020, 05:51 PM)John J. Xenakis Wrote: Republicans - The people's work: Trade deals, national defense,
infrastructure, the economy, low unemployment for everyone, low
unemployment especially for blacks and minorities, reduce regulations,
etc.

Democrats - The people's work: Impeach, impeach, impeach, impeach,
impeach, impeach, impeach, impeach, impeach, impeach, impeach,
impeach, impeach, impeach, impeach, impeach, etc.

And yet, it is the Republican Senate which is the bottleneck. It is possible to pass bills for the country and impeach as well, but the Democratic bills for the country end up buried by McConnell. That seems to be his one trick lately, to obstruct anything the Democrats attempt to do. As long as he attempts to obstruct anything real, nothing real will be done.

The answer would be to eliminate conservative control of either branch of congress, or at least to reject an obstructionist as a head of a branch of Congress.

RE: Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can! - pbrower2a - 01-19-2020

(01-18-2020, 03:48 PM)John J. Xenakis Wrote: ** 18-Jan-2020 World View: Wrong man

(01-18-2020, 02:35 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: >   Xenakis got the wrong man for the picture.  

In addition to all the other issues and problems of people on the
rabid left these days, add one more: They have absolutely no sense of
humor.

Thomas E. Dewey or Estes Kefauver would be more relevant.

Addendum: with respect to Nixon -- he really DID find honest-to-Lenin Commies, unlike Joe McCarthy --who made wild accusations that proved empty. Back when Nixon was a young Congressman, Commies were loyal above all else to the Stalin agenda of world domination.

RE: Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can! - pbrower2a - 01-19-2020

(01-18-2020, 07:29 PM)Bob Butler 54 Wrote:
(01-18-2020, 05:51 PM)John J. Xenakis Wrote: Republicans - The people's work: Trade deals, national defense,
etc.

And yet, it is the Republican Senate which is the bottleneck.  It is possible to pass bills for the country and impeach as well, but the Democratic bills for the country end up buried by McConnell.  That seems to be his one trick lately, to obstruct anything the Democrats attempt to do.  As long as he attempts to obstruct anything real, nothing real will be done.

The answer would be to eliminate conservative control of either branch of congress, or at least to reject an obstructionist as a head of a branch of Congress.

As I see it, Senate Republicans have their own agenda possible only with a filibuster-proof Senate, a new GOP majority in the House: privatization of infrastructure to profit-gouging monopolists, destruction of unions, exemptions of the super-rich from taxation, maybe some wars for profit, and subordination of what remains of the public sector to an authoritarian GOP.

Give me that, and I am ready to drink the hemlock, for I will have little left for which to live. Life is responsibility without reward under  a plutocratic tyranny that has consolidated itself for a time longer than any reasonable expectation of my remaining lifespan, a privilege unworthy of the effort to earn and keep.

I do not trust the current GOP even with basic human rights, let alone with any economic decency.

RE: Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can! - Bob Butler 54 - 01-19-2020

(01-19-2020, 06:07 AM)pbrower2a Wrote: As I see it, Senate Republicans have their own agenda possible only with a filibuster-proof Senate, a new GOP majority in the House: privatization of infrastructure to profit-gouging monopolists, destruction of unions, exemptions of the super-rich from taxation, maybe some wars for profit, and subordination of what remains of the public sector to an authoritarian GOP.

Give me that, and I am ready to drink the hemlock, for I will have little left for which to live. Life is responsibility without reward under  a plutocratic tyranny that has consolidated itself for a time longer than any reasonable expectation of my remaining lifespan, a privilege unworthy of the effort to earn and keep.

I do not trust the current GOP even with basic human rights, let alone with any economic decency.

As I see it, the flip flop will flip long before they achieve the above.  The Republican base is still looking for someone who can make the unravelling agenda work.  They have figured out the the Establishment Republicans are to tightly tied to the elites to do it.  Thus, no need for hemlock.

But Bush 43 and Trump failed so spectacularly that the progressive agenda just might be able to sustain things.  We will see.

But I do not disagree with your evaluation of what the Republican Establishment would try to do.  It is just hard to fool all of the people, all of the time.

(01-19-2020, 07:18 AM)Bob Butler 54 Wrote:
(01-19-2020, 06:07 AM)pbrower2a Wrote: As I see it, Senate Republicans have their own agenda possible only with a filibuster-proof Senate, a new GOP majority in the House: privatization of infrastructure to profit-gouging monopolists, destruction of unions, exemptions of the super-rich from taxation, maybe some wars for profit, and subordination of what remains of the public sector to an authoritarian GOP.

As I see it, the flip flop will flip long before they achieve the above.  The Republican base is still looking for someone who can make the unravelling agenda work.  They have figured out the the Establishment Republicans are to tightly tied to the elites to do it.  Thus, no need for hemlock.

But Bush 43 and Trump failed so spectacularly that the progressive agenda just might be able to sustain things.  We will see.

But I do not disagree with your evaluation of what the Republican Establishment would try to do.  It is just hard to fool all of the people, all of the time.

Trying to preserve an Unraveling agenda (especially of the Degeneracy phase) into a Crisis Era is as ineffective as trying to promote Awakening style in an Unraveling Era, mindless conformity of the High pattern into an Awakening, or apocalyptic hatred of a Crisis  into a High. Just think of what a disaster we would have had had Americans decided to let the Soviet Union squeeze West Berlin because of what Germans had recently done. 

Howe and Strauss called behavior from the previous era 'post-seasonal', which would be like planting corn crops in the summer or like wearing swim trunks for a dip in the old swimming hole in November in a Dfa climate (fire and ice as in Chicago). We had a thoroughly-rotten (and truly degenerate) last half of the recent Unraveling, and we are best off to avoid another such time ever, although the cycle suggests a reprise of such in the 2080's, complete with another speculative boom that devours wealth while creating garish displays of fake prosperity.

RE: Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can! - Bob Butler 54 - 01-19-2020

(01-19-2020, 09:57 AM)pbrower2a Wrote: Trying to preserve an Unraveling agenda (especially of the Degeneracy phase) into a Crisis Era is as ineffective as trying to promote Awakening style in an Unraveling Era, mindless conformity of the High pattern into an Awakening, or apocalyptic hatred of a Crisis  into a High. Just think of what a disaster we would have had had Americans decided to let the Soviet Union squeeze West Berlin because of what Germans had recently done. 

Howe and Strauss called behavior from the previous era 'post-seasonal', which would be like planting corn crops in the summer or like wearing swim trunks for a dip in the old swimming hole in November in a Dfa climate (fire and ice as in Chicago). We had a thoroughly-rotten (and truly degenerate) last half of the recent Unraveling, and we are best off to avoid another such time ever, although the cycle suggests a reprise of such in the 2080's, complete with another speculative boom that devours wealth while creating garish displays of fake prosperity.

Well, you could try to sustain an unraveling agenda until a regeneracy hit, and the people empower the progressive agenda.  Trump is still trying to be Reagan, and there has still been no regeneracy.

And the pattern of turnings has changed, and may not reestablish itself, given the start of the Information Age.  We seem to have seen transformation by legislature in the awakening, a red/blue split in the idealist generation, no crisis wars, and no regeneracy.  Thus you have to take anything in the Industrial Age turning pattern with a grain of salt.  You might be looking for things in the pattern that never happen.

So until you see something like a regeneracy where the progressive agenda is embraced and empowered, I expect the conservatives will try to stick with the unraveling playbook.  Perhaps they will give the old agenda lip service even after it should be clear that the culture has moved on.  At this point I don’t anticipate they will succeed, at least until the new progressive have established a new pattern, at which point the conservatives will establish a new pattern.  Trying to keep the old ideals alive past their time is why Buchanan, Hoover, Bush 43 (and likely Trump) are not remembered fondly by history.  The old ideals are usually a disaster.  There is generally a need for change by the time the regeneracy comes around.

I wonder whether Xenakis got the "drink the hemlock" reference.

RE: Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can! - John J. Xenakis - 01-19-2020

** 19-Jan-2020 Drinking the hemlock

(01-19-2020, 11:35 AM)pbrower2a Wrote: > I wonder whether Xenakis got the "drink the hemlock"
> reference.

It's hard to say why you want to "drink the hemlock," since you have
so many reasons to do so. Aristotle was convicted of "corrupting the
youth of Athens." You haven't been convicted of anything. To the
contrary, opinions like yours are widely lauded by the loony left, so
you would never be accused of anything. let alone convicted.

So I have to assume that you feel guilty and you're convicting
yourself of "corrupting the youth of America" for what you've done,
and you want to "drink the hemlock" for that reason.

One possible reason is that you applaud allowing Bill Clinton to get
away with the violent rate of a dozen women with impunity, which
has "corrupted the male youth of America" to think that rape is OK
if you're a Democrat, and you may even personally know some males
who have raped girls because of your indirect encouragement. Also,
it may be because you've applauded Hillary for trashing any women
who dare to speak out about rape by Bill Clinton, and you may even
personally know some girls who were raped by Democrats but they're
scared to death to speak out because they know that you and other
people on the loony left will trash them for speaking out. So you
may feel guilty for "corrupting both the male and female youth
of America," and you may wish to take the hemlock because you're
responsible for a number of girls being raped.

Another possible reason is that you're using the bigotry of a few Tea
Partiers as an excuse to trash 63 million smelly Trump supporters.
You and Alec Baldwin are using exactly the same kinds of words and
excuses that the Chinese are using to exterminate Uighurs, Burmese are
using to exterminate Rohingyas, Bashar al-Assad is using to
exterminate Sunni Arabs, and Hitler used to justify the Jewish
Holocaust. You may finally have come to understand that your loathing
and hatred of 63 million smelly Tea Partiers and Trump supporters has
the purpose of corrupting the youth of America by inciting violence on
the left against Trump supporters. So you may feel guilty for saying
exactly the same things that Hitler did to excuse the Holocaust, and
you may wish to end your own life for that evil, just as Hitler
finally did in 1945.

Another possibility is that you want to take Hemlock for the same
reason that Alec Baldwin said he would leave the country if Bush were
reelected -- because you can't bear to be alive with the horror of 63
million smelly Trump supporters running the government for another
four years -- which is what you seem to be saying with "I will have
little left for which to live" if Trump is reelected. I hope Baldwin
does the same.

So those are three possibilities why you're planning to kill yourself.
As you may know, if you read the Generational Dynamics forum, I'm
planning to kill myself when I run out of money, which may be just
three or four months off, so let me know your plans and maybe we can
do a dual suicide.

RE: Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can! - John J. Xenakis - 01-19-2020

** 19-Jan-2020 Bernie Sanders and Pocahontas

[Image: 233849_0.jpg]

(01-19-2020, 12:35 PM)John J. Xenakis Wrote: ** 19-Jan-2020 Drinking the hemlock

(01-19-2020, 11:35 AM)pbrower2a Wrote: >   I wonder whether Xenakis got the "drink the hemlock"
>   reference.

It's hard to say why you want to "drink the hemlock," since you have
so many reasons to do so.  Aristotle was convicted of "corrupting the
youth of Athens."  You haven't been convicted of anything.  To the
contrary, opinions like yours are widely lauded by the loony left, so
you would never be accused of anything. let alone convicted.

Unless you wish to blame a 'senior moment', you have confused Aristotle with Socrates. I may be on the Left, but not in the loony zone of people who see Che Guevara (a murderous adventurer who has more in common with filibusterer William Walker than with the romantic icon that the really-loony Left sees in him. If anything I see Donald "Judas Iscariot" Trump having more in common with the late Venezuelan demagogue-turned-dictator Hugo Chavez, who appealed to mass resentments of 'the forgotten masses'in his country and then betrayed those masses.  

Quote:So I have to assume that you feel guilty and you're convicting
yourself of "corrupting the youth of America" for what you've done,
and you want to "drink the hemlock" for that reason.

Despair, and not guilt.

Quote:One possible reason is that you applaud allowing Bill Clinton to get
away with the violent rate of a dozen women with impunity, which
has "corrupted the male youth of America" to think that rape is OK
if you're a Democrat, and you may even personally know some males
who have raped girls because of your indirect encouragement.  Also,
it may be because you've applauded Hillary for trashing any women
who dare to speak out about rape by Bill Clinton, and you may even
personally know some girls who were raped by Democrats but they're
scared to death to speak out because they know that you and other
people on the loony left will trash them for speaking out.  So you
may feel guilty for "corrupting both the male and female youth
of America," and you may wish to take the hemlock because you're
responsible for a number of girls being raped.

I can assure you that I have never pimped anyone to figures in politics, entertainment, or the arts -- or any form of commerce. The three N's that apply to child sexuality are "NO","NO", and "NO".  Clinton did not do date rape as did Bill Cosby, mess with children as did Jeffrey Epstein, or barge into changing rooms as did Trump. The casting couch is infamy in Hollywood, and Harvey Weinstein could be put away for along time for such. 

Quote:Another possible reason is that you're using the bigotry of a few Tea
Partiers as an excuse to trash 63 million smelly Trump supporters.
You and Alec Baldwin are using exactly the same kinds of words and
excuses that the Chinese are using to exterminate Uighurs, Burmese are
using to exterminate Rohingyas, Bashar al-Assad is using to
exterminate Sunni Arabs, and Hitler used to justify the Jewish
Holocaust.  You may finally have come to understand that your loathing
and hatred of 63 million smelly Tea Partiers and Trump supporters has
the purpose of corrupting the youth of America by inciting violence on
the left against Trump supporters.  So you may feel guilty for saying
exactly the same things that Hitler did to excuse the Holocaust, and
you may wish to end your own life for that evil, just as Hitler
finally did in 1945.

Violence is the wrong approach to political pathology of the 'crank' genre. I am satisfied for political reasons that biology will "solve" the "problem" of the electoral power of the Tea Party. Largely 55+ it is shrinking every year due to culling by the Grim Reaper. Although it is by no means the complete set of people over 55, it is enough to make people over 55 about 5% more R than D. About 1.5% of the electorate dies off every year, the overwhelming majority of voters over 55. The voters replacing them are largely of the Millennial Generation, and it is about 20% more D than R. In four years the electorate will be about 1.5% more D than it was in 2016. At this I look at actuarial reality that needs no hastening to achieve my political desire -- I hope.

How did you get the idea that I support political violence of any kind, let alone murder for any political cause?       

Quote:Another possibility is that you want to take Hemlock for the same
reason that Alec Baldwin said he would leave the country if Bush were
reelected -- because you can't bear to be alive with the horror of 63
million smelly Trump supporters running the government for another
four years -- which is what you seem to be saying with "I will have
little left for which to live" if Trump is reelected.  I hope Baldwin
does the same.

Unlike Alec Baldwin I lack the means of starting over. If Trump gets re-elected, then democracy will go kaputt.

Quote:So those are three possibilities why you're planning to kill yourself.
As you may know, if you read the Generational Dynamics forum, I'm
planning to kill myself when I run out of money, which may be just
three or four months off, so let me know your plans and maybe we can
do a dual suicide.

Get help.

Poverty in a culture that honors only the power, indulgence, and gain of economic elites is a nightmare.

** 19-Jan-2020 World View: Pimping, murder, rapes, nightmares

(01-19-2020, 04:21 PM)pbrower2a Wrote: > Unless you wish to blame a 'senior moment', you have confused
> Aristotle with Socrates.

There are many disadvantages and very, very few advantages to being a
senior, but two of them are the right to be as bitchy as I want as
often as I want, and the right to have senior moments.

(01-19-2020, 04:21 PM)pbrower2a Wrote: > I can assure you that I have never pimped anyone to figures in
> politics, entertainment, or the arts -- or any form of
> commerce. The three N's that apply to child sexuality are
> "NO","NO", and "NO". Clinton did not do date rape as did Bill
> Cosby, mess with children as did Jeffrey Epstein, or barge into
> changing rooms as did Trump. The casting couch is infamy in
> Hollywood, and Harvey Weinstein could be put away for along time
> for such.

You have absolutely no self-awareness. You're excusing Clinton's
numerous violent rapes because they weren't date rapes like Bill
Cosby. Do you ever listen to yourself?

Jane Doe #5 was Juanita Broaddrick. Bill Clinton tricked her into his
hotel room by telling her it was for a business meeting. Then he bit
her lip hard enough to tear her lip and make it bleed, and promised
not to bite her lip any more if she complied with the rape. So
Broaddrick was forced to be raped and have sex with a painful,
bleeding lip. Then after she got dressed he decided he wanted to do
it again -- raped her a second time with a painful, bleeding lip.

But for you that was perfectly OK. Why? Because it wasn't "date
rape." Pathetic.

By the way, Bill Clinton was a good friend with Jeffrey Epstein, and
there are investigations today whether Clinton raped children provided
by Epstein. Given Clinton's character, and given the willingness of
the loony left to excuse rape of any kind by a Democrat, the charges
are plausible.

And no, you don't have to pimp girls to get them raped. You just have
to excuse Democrats who rape, and trash girls who accuse Democrats of
rape, which is what's going on.

(01-19-2020, 04:21 PM)pbrower2a Wrote: > How did you get the idea that I support political violence of any
> kind, let alone murder for any political cause?

Because you, like Alec Baldwin, trash all 63 million Tea Partiers /
Trump supporters by using exactly the same excuses that Hitler used to
justify the Holocaust, and the same excuses that are used by other
perpetrators of genocide and ethnic cleansing. These kinds of excuses
are as old as time.

It's one thing to criticize the policies and politics of the
president, but your trashing and condemnation of 63 million Trump
supporters, almost all of whom are perfectly wonderful loving
Church-going family men, women and children, probably a lot more
wonderful than you are, is completely out of line, and should cause
you to go offline for a few days and spend the time thinking about
your values -- both about the Trump supporters, and about your excuses
for Clinton's violent rapes.

(01-19-2020, 04:21 PM)pbrower2a Wrote: > Get help.

For what?

(01-19-2020, 04:21 PM)pbrower2a Wrote: > Poverty in a culture that honors only the power, indulgence, and
> gain of economic elites is a nightmare.

Yeah, I agree. That's why life was hell for poor people, especially
blacks and other minorities, during the Obama administration.
Fortunately for everyone, the economy under Trump is growing, and the
unemployment rates, especially for blacks and minorities, are the
lowest in history. So the size of the nightmare has been shrinking
under Trump, for which everyone can be grateful.

[Image: b0b499bf0441485b3685d51e3d749a45482638f6...=800&h=453]

RE: Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can! - pbrower2a - 01-20-2020

(01-19-2020, 07:07 PM)John J. Xenakis Wrote: By the way, Bill Clinton was a good friend with Jeffrey Epstein, and
there are investigations today whether Clinton raped children provided
by Epstein.  Given Clinton's character, and given the willingness of
the loony left to excuse rape of any kind by a Democrat, the charges
are plausible.

And no, you don't have to pimp girls to get them raped.  You just have
to excuse Democrats who rape, and trash girls who accuse Democrats of
rape, which is what's going on.

Someone who pimps girls to a rapist is as culpable as the rapist. Such a person is a knowing accessory -- and usually a serial offender.

It is hard to accept that a prominent person who sexually abuses women or girls (this is strictly a distinction of age). Libel and slander are severe risks to anyone who exposes a renowned miscreant, and a lawsuit for exposing poorly-attested crimes can get a new career for a journalist... maybe as a retail sales clerk. Wealthy people have good cover and means of buying silence and can buy excellent attorneys and hire PR firms.  

Quote:
(01-19-2020, 04:21 PM)pbrower2a Wrote: >   How did you get the idea that I support political violence of any
>   kind, let alone murder for any political cause?

Because you, like Alec Baldwin, trash all 63 million Tea Partiers /
Trump supporters by using exactly the same excuses that Hitler used to
justify the Holocaust, and the same excuses that are used by other
perpetrators of genocide and ethnic cleansing.  These kinds of excuses
are as old as time.

It's one thing to criticize the policies and politics of the
president, but your trashing and condemnation of 63 million Trump
supporters, almost all of whom are perfectly wonderful loving
Church-going family men, women and children, probably a lot more
wonderful than you are, is completely out of line, and should cause
you to go offline for a few days and spend the time thinking about
your values -- both about the Trump supporters, and about your excuses
for Clinton's violent rapes.

I trash Tea Party politics because I recognize such politics for enabling vices of people very different from them -- rich and powerful people who insist upon the selfless generosity of others toward people of consummate  selfishness, kindness toward people of economic and political sadism, and deference toward the haughty. In a healthy social order, reciprocity is the normal expectation. it is futile to serve exploiters with any expectation of a good life or to express love toward people incapable of showing love. Tea Party types are naive about the reality of an increasingly-plutocratic social order, as they are naive about much else. Among white people (and the Tea Party is almost lily-white) these are the people whose sons and daughters are most likely to end up returning in body bags from some hare-brained War for Profits. They are the last people, aside from the perpetrators of the mirror-image Marxism of our most rapacious plutocrats and executives, to see the economic trend.   

Quote:
(01-19-2020, 04:21 PM)pbrower2a Wrote: >   Poverty in a culture that honors only the power, indulgence, and
>   gain of economic elites is a nightmare.

Yeah, I agree.  That's why life was hell for poor people, especially
blacks and other minorities, during the Obama administration.
Fortunately for everyone, the economy under Trump is growing, and the
unemployment rates, especially for blacks and minorities, are the
lowest in history.  So the size of the nightmare has been shrinking
under Trump, for which everyone can be grateful.

Real wages have been falling for about forty years under both Democratic and Republican Presidents; personal savings have largely disappeared among working people; personal debt has soared even though people are not more reckless spenders; executive compensation has become a big chunk of the economy. Meanwhile the super-rich have largely bought the political process, and if one is a bit cynical that class is clever enough to ensure that it loses a few political seasons to maintain the semblance of popular influence on politics. If there is more work it is being paid less... and don't give credit to Trump for what minorities have done (like accepting low-wage service jobs in the suburbs as commuters, getting more formal education, and eschewing drugs) without his prompting.  
Elite power, elite indulgence, and elite gain have become the cornerstones of American economic life.

Other times such as this have ended in financial panics that lead to severe recessions, if not depressions.

Working harder and longer for less so that a few can enhance their sybaritic lifestyles is a raw deal. Note well: Donald Trump is a hideous rogue, a man who makes others lie and cheat to make him look good.

RE: Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can! - pbrower2a - 01-20-2020

OK, this thread is supposed to be more light-hearted, often a collection of satire, usually in the form of editorial cartoons or videos, lampooning what many of us think a perverse character and a destructive leader. I look at my writing and I see it beginning to look like samizdat from the old Soviet Union. Healthy societies do not inspire such writing.

So I have faults as a person -- but failure to recognize Donald Trump as a Great and Glorious Leader is the norm among a majority of Americans.

RE: Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can! - David Horn - 01-20-2020

(01-19-2020, 07:07 PM)John J. Xenakis Wrote: Because you, like Alec Baldwin, trash all 63 million Tea Partiers / Trump supporters by using exactly the same excuses that Hitler used to justify the Holocaust, and the same excuses that are used by other perpetrators of genocide and ethnic cleansing.  These kinds of excuses are as old as time.

It's one thing to criticize the policies and politics of the president, but your trashing and condemnation of 63 million Trump supporters, almost all of whom are perfectly wonderful loving Church-going family men, women and children, probably a lot more wonderful than you are, is completely out of line, and should cause you to go offline for a few days and spend the time thinking about your values -- both about the Trump supporters, and about your excuses for Clinton's violent rapes.

Really? The slander has run in reverse, far more than the way you portray it, and the number of voters on the anti-Trump side was 66 Million. Trump has demagogued everything everyday since he entered the race in 2015. He, and his supporters, have no ground to stand on. They started the mud slinging, and now they're whining that they're getting muddied too. Boo-hoo!

RE: Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can! - John J. Xenakis - 01-20-2020

** 20-Jan-2020 The fatal decision

[Image: EOspr3sUYAAb0lJ?format=jpg]

At this point I see Senator Klobuchar as the sort who would buckle first to demands of a Hague tribunal. She is the Democratic nightmare to anyone who may have committed a crime against humanity. Advocating, threatening, or excusing crimes against humanity is good for prosecution at a Hague tribunal. Klobuchar isn't much different from Obama in having a "do the crime -- do the time" attitude.

One of the supreme ironies of history is that the Chicago political machine may have had one way to protect itself from a superb legal mind with a willingness to prosecute corrupt political hacks or to cut such people no slack as a Chicago or federal judge. Minnesota seems to have less built-in corruption than does Illinois. The pattern for many Democrats is to be a tough DA before winning a statewide or local office before becoming a member of Congress. Does anyone here think that Obama could have been another Thomas E. Dewey with more political savvy than Dewey? Dewey -- two lopsided losses

Do the crime, do the time... a commonplace attitude among Americans.

RE: Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can! - pbrower2a - 01-21-2020

(01-20-2020, 12:51 PM)David Horn Wrote:
(01-19-2020, 07:07 PM)John J. Xenakis Wrote: Because you, like Alec Baldwin, trash all 63 million Tea Partiers / Trump supporters by using exactly the same excuses that Hitler used to justify the Holocaust, and the same excuses that are used by other perpetrators of genocide and ethnic cleansing.  These kinds of excuses are as old as time.

It's one thing to criticize the policies and politics of the president, but your trashing and condemnation of 63 million Trump supporters, almost all of whom are perfectly wonderful loving Church-going family men, women and children, probably a lot more wonderful than you are, is completely out of line, and should cause you to go offline for a few days and spend the time thinking about your values -- both about the Trump supporters, and about your excuses for Clinton's violent rapes.

Really?  The slander has run in reverse, far more than the way you portray it, and the number of voters on the anti-Trump side was 66 Million.  Trump has demagogued everything everyday since he entered the race in 2015.  He, and his supporters, have no ground to stand on.  They started the mud slinging, and now they're whining that they're getting muddied too.  Boo-hoo!

Even more -- Trump did just better in the share of the popular vote as did Mike Dukakis in 1988, and Dukakis is generally understood to be a big electoral loser. Voters over 55 the Silent, Boomers, and now the earliest-wave of X on the whole are undergoing attrition by about 1.5% by year, and they are about 5% more R than D. The voters who replace them are now almost exclusively Millennial, and they are about 20% more D than R. That sort of replacement in the electorate dooms Trump to defeat unless he can suddenly win over America's young adults. He has nothing to offer them except more hardships unless one considers working longer and harder for less some blessed opportunity.

RE: Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can! - Eric the Green - 01-21-2020

(01-19-2020, 12:36 PM)John J. Xenakis Wrote: ** 19-Jan-2020 Bernie Sanders and Pocahontas

[Image: 233849_0.jpg]

I have to agree on that one Smile

RE: Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can! - Eric the Green - 01-21-2020

(01-18-2020, 05:51 PM)John J. Xenakis Wrote: ** 18-Jan-2020 World View: The People's Work

(01-18-2020, 04:48 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: >   Oh, I think this thread shows otherwise Smile

>   I started this thread too, but it hasn't gone too far:
>   http://generational-theory.com/forum/thread-5967-post-48269.html#pid48269

Not biting enough.

(01-18-2020, 04:48 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: >   The Democrats and liberal/left folks are just not as ridiculous as
>   the Republicans are, and so not as easy to make fun of I
>   guess. They are, indeed, more seriously interested in doing the
>   peoples' work. And the work is seriously needed.

Republicans - The people's work: Trade deals, national defense,
etc.

[Image: 20190523edsuc_s878x534.jpg?f837de7ccf0f0...407a30662c]
  • "We're here to discuss infrastructure."

In impeaching a fake president who is nothing but a dumpface moronic dunce criminal who has accomplished nothing except to trash our precious environment to smithereens and put kids in cages and knock people off health care and destroy international agreements and destroy the administrative state that protects us from goons and robber barons, the Democrats are doing God's work, and the Constitution's. Since they are not allowed to do anything constructive, because Moscow Mitch blocks everything, at least they certified the fact about our horrible fake president. BRAVO! Infrastructure? That's a laugh. He has done nothing but scream about building a wall. I'd say it would be best to put him behind big prison walls. And the walls could have Trump's name on them for all I care.