Generational Theory Forum: The Fourth Turning Forum: A message board discussing generations and the Strauss Howe generational theory
Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can! - Printable Version

+- Generational Theory Forum: The Fourth Turning Forum: A message board discussing generations and the Strauss Howe generational theory (http://generational-theory.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Fourth Turning Forums (http://generational-theory.com/forum/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Current Events (http://generational-theory.com/forum/forum-34.html)
+---- Forum: General Political Discussion (http://generational-theory.com/forum/forum-15.html)
+---- Thread: Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can! (/thread-158.html)

RE: Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can! - John J. Xenakis - 02-01-2020

** 01-Feb-2020 Get off my thread

(02-01-2020, 05:01 AM)Ragnarök_62 Wrote:
(01-23-2020, 09:48 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: You COULD post in that other thread, John.....

http://generational-theory.com/forum/thread-5967.html

This is the Let's make fun of TRUMP thread. Or do YOU have a sense of
humor about YOUR guy?

Here's a 60's meme one can dig, man

Hey you. get off of my thread. I reckon the Stones knew the Boomers
even then. Heh.

Yes, I understood that message from "Antifa Eric."

RE: Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can! - pbrower2a - 02-01-2020

[Image: 1_zln6GR?format=jpg&name=600x314]

RE: Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can! - pbrower2a - 02-01-2020

[Image: b5b20bb35b732aefca755500943968d757aaad9b...=600&h=524]

RE: Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can! - pbrower2a - 02-04-2020

What President Truman had to say:

[Image: e6c9fb14c8e2107f878046d1b08811c12e09a559...=600&h=244]

And an allusion to one of the most telling writers of the twentieth century:

[Image: 3996a54647060ce02d308bb169840b67c625e5e6...pg?w=600&h]

RE: Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can! - Eric the Green - 02-05-2020

(02-01-2020, 05:01 AM)Ragnarök_62 Wrote:
(01-23-2020, 09:48 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: You COULD post in that other thread, John.....

http://generational-theory.com/forum/thread-5967.html

This is the Let's make fun of TRUMP thread. Or do YOU have a sense of humor about YOUR guy?

Here's a 60's meme one can dig, man

Hey you.  get off of my thread. I reckon  the Stones knew the Boomers even then. Heh.

RE: Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can! - Eric the Green - 02-06-2020

Seth takes a closer look at Senate Republicans completing their cover-up of the president’s crimes today when they acquitted him after an impeachment trial with no witnesses.

Plus some jabs at the Democratic screw up in Iowa. Enjoy, John X Smile

RE: Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can! - Eric the Green - 02-06-2020

After President Trump delivered a divisive State of the Union, Stephen Colbert delivered his LIVE Late Show monologue. The one thing we can all agree on: "My fellow Americans, the state of our union was long." #Monologue #StateOfTheUnion #Colbert

RE: Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can! - John J. Xenakis - 02-06-2020

** 06-Feb-2020 Screw ups

(02-06-2020, 05:12 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: > Seth takes a closer look at Senate Republicans completing their
> cover-up of the president’s crimes today when they acquitted him
> after an impeachment trial with no witnesses.

> Plus some jabs at the Democratic screw up in Iowa. Enjoy,
> John X Smile

Really, Antifa Eric? I thought you had banished me from your thread,
but if you're going to invoke my name, then you're going to have
to expect retaliation.

[Image: 5e3a294ba55cb.image.jpg]

RE: Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can! - Eric the Green - 02-07-2020

How corny, John X

Quote:Yes, I understood that message from "Antifa Eric."

Quoting yourself now, are ya? Desperate for recognition as usual.

But since A is my middle initial, you could call me Eric Antifa M

Being anti-fascism is a good thing.

RE: Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can! - Eric the Green - 02-07-2020

Seth takes a closer look at the president reeling off a deranged tirade at the White House, where he celebrated his sham impeachment acquittal with his Republican co-conspirators.

Trump reveals the one job he's qualified for. He makes an appearance that is not anything, according to him. And he doesn't know how to use an umbrella. Trump turns Romney into James Bond.

RE: Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can! - John J. Xenakis - 02-07-2020

** 07-Feb-2020 Eric Antifa M

(02-07-2020, 01:27 AM)Eric the Green Wrote: > Quoting yourself now, are ya? Desperate for recognition as usual.
> But since A is my middle initial, you could call me Eric Antifa M
> Being anti-fascism is a good thing.

Everyone is against fascism. Nothing special or unusual about that.

Antifa is against free speech.

RE: Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can! - Bob Butler 54 - 02-07-2020

(02-07-2020, 10:52 AM)John J. Xenakis Wrote: ** 07-Feb-2020 Eric Antifa M

(02-07-2020, 01:27 AM)Eric the Green Wrote: >   Quoting yourself now, are ya? Desperate for recognition as usual.
>   But since A is my middle initial, you could call me Eric Antifa M
>   Being anti-fascism is a good thing.  

Everyone is against fascism.  Nothing special or unusual about that.

I suppose that puts you on the fascist side, in favor of the Neo Nazi and KKK's right to harass minorities? They seem to get creative in their propaganda attempts anyway.

RE: Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can! - pbrower2a - 02-07-2020

[Image: get?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.huh.com%2Fwp-c...=600&h=378]

RE: Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can! - Classic-Xer - 02-07-2020

(02-07-2020, 12:08 PM)Bob Butler 54 Wrote:

(02-07-2020, 01:27 AM)Eric the Green Wrote: >   Quoting yourself now, are ya? Desperate for recognition as usual.

I suppose that puts you on the fascist side, in favor of the Neo Nazi and KKK's right to harass minorities?  They seem to get creative in their propaganda attempts anyway.
Hmmm...I assume that you must favor/support Antifa. Me, I'm not siding with either of them. Hint...A real American liberal wouldn't side with either radical group. You see, who kills who and how many of them are killed and injured by each other in the process doesn't matter to me at all.

(02-07-2020, 01:14 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote:

I suppose that puts you on the fascist side, in favor of the Neo Nazi and KKK's right to harass minorities?  They seem to get creative in their propaganda attempts anyway.
Hmmm...I assume that you must favor/support Antifa. Me, I'm not siding with either of them. Hint...A real  American liberal wouldn't side with either radical group. You see, who kills who and how many of them are   killed and injured by each other  in the process doesn't matter to me at all.

No, I don't support their tactics, but if extreme right-winger John X wants to call me names, why shouldn't I just go along?

RE: Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can! - Bob Butler 54 - 02-07-2020

Hmmm...I assume that you must favor/support Antifa. Me, I'm not siding with either of them. Hint...A real  American liberal wouldn't side with either radical group. You see, who kills who and how many of them are   killed and injured by each other  in the process doesn't matter to me at all.

I sympathize with the Antifa a little more than the KKK and the Neo Nazi, but the games they play seem to be for a younger crowd.  Some people seem to enjoy a little violence and intimidation.  The history of racism is too horrible to not care at all, but I am not tempted to join any protests.  

I treat all three groups as a side show now, though.  After OKC and again after September 11, the two major parties declared that violence and terrorism was not to be decisive in American politics, and the people tended to agree.  The spiral of violence seemed to trail down after OKC.  The violent decisions of federal law enforcement were discouraged.  The incidents which were becoming common trailed off as both sides got second thoughts.  There was something about bombing a day care center to make a political point that encouraged second thoughts.

Those who intimidate, bully and make empty threats of violence today are disgraceful.  That does not mean it couldn't become important again should the extremists go too far.  That is so Industrial Age though.

RE: Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can! - Classic-Xer - 02-07-2020

(02-07-2020, 01:16 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: No, I don't support their tactics, but if extreme right-winger John X wants to call me names, why shouldn't I just go along?
Good point. John X is a big old meanie and going along with groups like Antifa is probably your best option at this point.

(02-07-2020, 01:41 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote:
(02-07-2020, 01:16 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: No, I don't support their tactics, but if extreme right-winger John X wants to call me names, why shouldn't I just go along?
Good point. John X is a big old meanie and going along with groups like  Antifa is probably your best option at this point.

Well, I just meant going along with him calling me names, of course. 

But I fear Antifa a lot less than the militant gun toters and neo-nazis. However, I note how thoroughly the right wing is able to pounce on Antifa and use them to their advantage. So Antifa's tactics play right into the hands of their neo-Nazi opponents and those of the right-wing politicians and their fans like John X.

(02-07-2020, 01:40 PM)Bob Butler 54 Wrote:

I sympathize with the Antifa a little more than the KKK and the Neo Nazi, but the games they play seem to be for a younger crowd.  Some people seem to enjoy a little violence and intimidation.  The history of racism is too horrible to not care at all, but I am not tempted to join any protests.  

I treat all three groups as a side show now, though.  After OKC and again after September 11, the two major parties declared that violence and terrorism was not to be decisive in American politics, and the people tended to agree.  The spiral of violence seemed to trail down after OKC.  The violent decisions of federal law enforcement were discouraged.  The incidents which were becoming common trailed off as both sides got second thoughts.  There was something about bombing a day care center to make a political point that encouraged second thoughts.

Those who intimidate, bully and make empty threats of violence today are disgraceful.  That does not mean it couldn't become important again should the extremists go too far.  That is so Industrial Age though.
Yep. I felt bad about the daycare kids who died in Oklahoma and I felt bad about the kids who burned to death in Waco and I felt bad about the innocent mother and the kid who died at Ruby Ridge too. Evidently, McViegh didn't think the liberal media and the leaders of our primarily  left wing progressive government at the time had paid enough attention to lives of innocent people and decided to do something bigger to wake them up and bring them back down to earth so to speak. The dude was a cold blooded murderer who was caught, convicted by an American court and rightfully executed as a terrorist.

(02-07-2020, 01:44 PM)Eric the Green Wrote:
(02-07-2020, 01:41 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote:
Good point. John X is a big old meanie and going along with groups like  Antifa is probably your best option at this point.

Well, I just meant going along with him calling me names, of course. 

But I fear Antifa a lot less than the militant gun toters and neo-nazis. However, I note how thoroughly the right wing is able to pounce on Antifa and use them to their advantage. So Antifa's tactics play right into the hands of their neo-Nazi opponents and those of the right-wing politicians and their fans like John X.
You should fear them less because you're on the same side with Antifa. Bob is too. Antifa and Neo Nazis/KKK play into each others hands which is why no one else in America gives a shit about what happens to either one of them when they clash these days. I hate to tell you this (sarcastically speaking) but the Neo Nazi's and KKK mean nothing to either of us and neither one is viewed as needed or wanted by either of us.