Generational Theory Forum: The Fourth Turning Forum: A message board discussing generations and the Strauss Howe generational theory
Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can! - Printable Version

+- Generational Theory Forum: The Fourth Turning Forum: A message board discussing generations and the Strauss Howe generational theory (http://generational-theory.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Fourth Turning Forums (http://generational-theory.com/forum/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Current Events (http://generational-theory.com/forum/forum-34.html)
+---- Forum: General Political Discussion (http://generational-theory.com/forum/forum-15.html)
+---- Thread: Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can! (/thread-158.html)

RE: Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can! - Eric the Green - 10-09-2020

John Oliver on the 2020 Election

RE: Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can! - pbrower2a - 10-10-2020

[Image: 1b4c843f770fe2f1c603534b9733e86157303293...=600&h=273]

RE: Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can! - Bob Butler 54 - 10-14-2020

You know, most election years lately an old joke has been circulating in science fiction and role playing circles. 'Great Cthulu. Why vote for the lesser evil?" It seems to be missing for some reason this year. At a guess, having an incarnation of pure evil on a major ticket is not so funny?

RE: Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can! - pbrower2a - 10-22-2020

Just a reminder: the Russians are very good at classical music.

[Image: 23178353-standard.jpeg]

Who is the greater player of an instrument -- Vladimir Putin or the late Mstislav Rostropovich? That Rostropovich was a far better person does not matter. 

If there is one set of musical works that I would collect with different performers it is Bach's cello suites, works suited beautifully to the expression of a mature performer. I already have sets by Mstislav Rostropovich and Janos Starker. When I had vinyl I had the set by Pablo Casals from the 1930's... and I want to have that again on CD.

RE: Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can! - Eric the Green - 10-22-2020

President Trump blatantly considered a nepotist administration by naming his daughter Ivanka as vice-president. It would be funny, except for the fact that a Trump Dynasty is not inconceivable, even after Trump loses in 2020. If Kamala Harris were to run for president in 2024 and 2028, and get nominated, she would lose to Ivanka (if she ran against her) in a crushing landslide!

I have been streamlining and updating my horoscope scoring method, including adding the viable 2020 candidates to the database, and assuming a Biden win in doing so. Biden now has 16-6, just better than Trump's persistent 9-4 score. And you know what happened to the scores, even so? Kamala had been scored at 4-16, and now it has gone down even further, 1 point on each side, to 3-17. That is one of the lowest scores for any candidate ever, and she's not even a part of the database used to calculate the scores!

But that's not the most shocking thing. Ivanka Trump had been calibrated at 16-2 on my system. That's bad news enough, but now it's at 19-0, the highest score ever recorded for any candidate or potential candidate! And she's not in the database either, of course. People laugh at this, or knock this. BE FORWARNED. She is the new Queen. If she ever runs, she will win in a landslide! Maybe she'll be OK for a first turning, or at least we can pray. I just hope she never runs.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/28/politics/ivanka-trump-vice-president-running-mate/index.html

"Ivanka, who serves as a senior adviser to her father in the White House, has been a prominent fixture during her father's political career. She introduced him when he announced his presidential campaign in June 2015 and is campaigning vigorously for his reelection.

Trump, in turn, has often praised what he sees as his daughter's political talent, suggesting in August that his daughter would be a better White House candidate than California Sen. Kamala Harris, calling the Democratic vice presidential nominee "incompetent."

"Citing an upcoming book by former Trump deputy campaign chair Rick Gates, "Wicked Game," that will be published October 13, The (Washington) Post reported that during discussions about selecting a running mate, then-Republican presidential candidate Trump said to a group of top campaign aides, "I think it should be Ivanka. What about Ivanka as my VP?"

"She's bright, she's smart, she's beautiful, and the people would love her!," he added, according to the newspaper.

The presidential candidate was so keen to the idea of Ivanka as a vice presidential pick and "cool to other options, including his eventual selection of then-Indiana Gov. Mike Pence, that his team polled the idea twice," The Washington Post reported. "Ivanka told her father it was not a good idea....

I want to see the first woman president also, but I don't want to see a woman president get in to that position the way she'd do it, and she's not competent, she's not competent," he said during a rally in Londonderry, New Hampshire. "They're all saying, 'We want Ivanka.' I don't blame you." "

HEY, a broken clock is right twice a day. Strange to say or not, he's definitely right about this.

RE: Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can! - Eric the Green - 10-24-2020

Trump sounds like Jeb Bush asking suburban women to "please like me." He may soon be asking a lot of those hated feriners to like him too if he leaves the country after losing. Oh well, going in circles can make you dizzy.

RE: Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can! - pbrower2a - 10-24-2020

With few exceptions, Barack Obama could go many places and be welcome. North Korea and Syria are obvious exceptions.

Trump would have to watch his back for the Hague tribunal if he went to France, which welcomed Obama if he got into any trouble with the American (actually Trump dictatorship in the event of a Second Term).

For now I think Trump will be in severe legal trouble if he is defeated. Biden is not one of those 'soft-on-crime' types.

RE: Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can! - Bob Butler 54 - 10-24-2020

(10-24-2020, 01:30 PM)pbrower2a Wrote: For now I think Trump will be in severe legal trouble if he is defeated. Biden is not one of those 'soft-on-crime' types.

I suspect he will pardon himself, or if there are doubts about whether he can do that, he will resign with a promise from Biden to pardon him. This only helps against federal crimes, but it will get Biden and the federal DoJ out of the picture. New York and the other states? That's something else. He may be looking for another country to escape to without extradition,

But there are other options. As long as he thinks there may be a way to cling to power, he will want to avoid the above. He might threaten to do bad things to the country as president if a deal isn't made that includes the state DAs leaving him alone.

He also has a debt problem. If some of the rumors are true he may be broke. If so, he will have a bit of a problem making a deal.

Anyway, I see any Trump lame duck interval as being convoluted.

RE: Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can! - David Horn - 10-24-2020

(10-24-2020, 03:50 PM)Bob Butler 54 Wrote:
(10-24-2020, 01:30 PM)pbrower2a Wrote: For now I think Trump will be in severe legal trouble if he is defeated. Biden is not one of those 'soft-on-crime' types.

I suspect he will pardon himself, or if there are doubts about whether he can do that, he will resign with a promise from Biden to pardon him.  This only helps against federal crimes, but it will get Biden and the federal DoJ out of the picture.  New York and the other states?  That's something else.  He may be looking for another country to escape to without extradition,

But there are other options.  As long as he thinks there may be a way to cling to power, he will want to avoid the above.  He might threaten to do bad things to the country as president if a deal isn't made that includes the state DAs leaving him alone.

He also has a debt problem.  If some of the rumors are true he may be broke.  If so, he will have a bit of a problem making a deal.

Anyway, I see any Trump lame duck interval as being convoluted.

I could see him resigning during the lame duck, if he felt confident that Pense would do a pardon. pense might for the “honor” of being 46, even for a few weeks.

RE: Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can! - pbrower2a - 10-25-2020

On climate change (and Trump culpability):

[Image: 86f8b59fa7c37ad28010c5901402a995b51e253f...=800&h=495]

RE: Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can! - Bob Butler 54 - 10-25-2020

Only you can prevent forest fires... But only I can knock out Trump. :-)

Well, maybe the voters too.

RE: Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can! - pbrower2a - 11-02-2020

Kallstadt, Rheinland-Pfalz, German Federal Republic, is not proud of a certain descendant of one of its emigrants:

Donald Trump not welcome to grandpa's home

The US President has German roots - his grandparents come from Kallstadt in the Palatinate. People there are ashamed of him, and nobody hopes he's re-elected

Birgit Baumann November 2nd, 2020

Is that paranoia? The wine from the previous evening? Or is the brain playing a trick because you're in the Trump bakery? But there are actually several miniature presidents in the showcase. Very pink, very blond - a real Donald.

"Ah no, these are our raspberry slices," explains Ursula Trump. She has to know, she runs the bakery in the Palatinate village of Freinsheim, and she is like Melania: She is also married to a real Trump.

[Image: SPABaeckerei-Trump.jpg?w=1600&s=24f2555d]

This would now be the moment for a short silence, which the 73-year-old ends without being asked. "We have nothing to do with him at all, there is also no connection." Postscript: "You can't choose your relationship."

The pronunciation already offers a little distance. Trump is pronounced "drump" in the Palatinate, like pressure. And yet: Harald Trump, Ursula's husband, is, as she explains, "seven generations back related to the US president. The ancestors were siblings."

[Image: SPAUrsula-Trump.jpg?w=1600&s=44b1825c]
Ursula Trump is married to a very complex relative of Donald Trump.

Grandpa Trump from the Palatinate

Friedrich Trump, Donald's grandfather, comes from the 1,200-inhabitant town of Kallstadt. It is four kilometers from Freinsheim and 100 kilometers from Frankfurt am Main. On the way there you can see vineyards, occasionally a small village, then again vineyards and again vineyards.

The young Friedrich Trump also had to help with the grape harvest on the family estate. But he was of poor constitution, so his mother sent him to the hairdressing apprenticeship. But Friedrich soon realized: You don't get rich with it. So in 1885, at the age of 16, like many Germans at the time, he emigrated to New York. From then on he called himself Frederick and laid the foundation stone for Trump's real estate empire in the USA.

Who knows, maybe world history would have been different had he only been able to return. He wanted that, because his wife Elisabeth - also from Kallstadt - was terribly homesick. The authorities, however, refused the emigrant reintroduction and thus the return home, as he had not done any military service in Germany. Grandpa Trump had to stay in America, where he died in 1918. He never saw Kallstadt again. So sad ...

https://www.derstandard.at/story/2000121311258/donald-trump-not-welcome-in-opas-heimat

RE: Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can! - pbrower2a - 11-02-2020

Merkel country, I suppose.

RE: Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can! - Eric the Green - 11-05-2020

So the Republicans refuse to allow mail-in ballots that arrive on election day to start getting counted before election day in PA and MI, and then when they count them and it takes more than election day (along with all the in-person and early votes), they complain about ballots getting counted after election day. They want counting stopped where they are winning and recounts where they are losing. Can we make Trump disappear, or do we have to be satisfied that Carly Fiorina disappeared?

RE: Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can! - Eric the Green - 11-05-2020

You can have all the money in the world, but it can't buy you Mitch's charisma

RE: Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can! - pbrower2a - 11-05-2020

from the Houston (Texas) Chronicle:

Chron.com / Houston Chronicle
Nov. 3, 2020
Updated: Nov. 3, 2020 2:55 p.m.

A banner flying over Philadelphia on Election Day reads "Donald Trump <3s Jerry Jones & the Cowboys."

A group called Rural America 2020 got creative while spreading its message on Election Day.

Rural America 2020, which “advocates for policies that benefit agriculture and rural America”, has been paying for billboards and ad space around the country in an effort to help elect Joe Biden for president.

With Pennsylvania being a key swing state in the Electoral College race between Biden and Donald Trump, Rural America spoke directly to the hearts of both Philadelphia Eagles fans and Cowboys haters in the state.

The group paid for a plane to fly a banner over Philadelphia that reads “Trump <3s Jerry Jones & the Cowboys.”

Ok this just won #ElectionDay for me. The plane is flying around #Philly with a banner that says “Trump ❤️’s Jerry Jones and the @dallascowboys.” ??? #FlyEaglesFly pic.twitter.com/cQXghjprBE

— Marion Leary MSN MPH RN (she/her) (@marionleary) November 3, 2020

We have two aerial banners flying over #Philadelphia today.
One is dead serious:
"VOTE LIKE YOUR LIFE DEPENDS ON IT"
We had fun with the other one:
"DONALD TRUMP ♥️s JERRY JONES AND THE COWBOYS"#PhillyVotes
Track: https://t.co/h3JezfjiZWhttps://t.co/5na63qYugZ pic.twitter.com/9WhXHkTfl6

— Rural America 2020 (@RuralUSA2020) November 3, 2020
In October, the Cowboys owner expressed support for Trump when the president was diagnosed with COVID-19.

“No one in the world has the ability to handle this COVID any better than the office of the President of the United States," Jones said on Dallas radio station 105.3 The Fan. "I’m very confident he’ll be able to continue governing. Really, really I’m sure he’s anticipated this, knowing him. He’s the hardest worker you’ve ever seen. Knowing him, he’ll be able to go on right on through this and hopefully not miss a beat."

Glenstone LP, a firm linked to Jones and registered at the same address as the Dallas Cowboys, donated more than $1 million to Trump's inaugural committee, according to date from the Federal Election Commission.

By contrast, Eagles owner Jeffrey Lurie was critical of the country's response to the coronavirus pandemic, although he stopped short of calling out Trump by name.

“We have to own the questions of leadership and the questions about policies,” Lurie said in August. “There is a lot to be discussed here on that and in the future. It is heartbreaking. These are needless deaths. We should be similar to most countries on this planet, and yet, we are an embarrassment, a tragic embarrassment. That is where we stand.”

In 2018, the New York Times reported that Lurie slammed Trump in a meeting between NFL players, owners and other personnel, calling Trump's presidency "disastrous" and saying "many of us have no interest in supporting President Trump."

The Cowboys and Eagles are longtime NFC East rivals with Philadelphia beating Dallas 23-9 in a putrid Sunday Night Football game this week.

Rural America 2020 also paid for a more straight-forward banner that simply says, “Vote like your life depends on it.”

You can track the flight that is circling Philadelphia here.

Matt Young has been a sports web editor/writer at Chron since 2015. He's proudly from Alief and occasionally sits alone in his four-cornered room staring at candles. Reach him at matt.young@chron.com.

https://www.chron.com/sports/texans/article/Philadelphia-Donald-Trump-banner-Dallas-Cowboys-15697552.php

RE: Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can! - pbrower2a - 11-05-2020

[Image: th?id=OIP.TX1qzy4maJuJnI2Mycj8VAHaDt&pid...=319&h=160]

Don't worry, Trump supporters! We liberals are dealing with him exactly as we want to now!

Just be glad that we are liberals and not Commies.

[Image: th?id=OIP.203d-IAxfQS6cTtREilWfQAAAA&pid...=300&h=300]

Naw... pigs have better taste than Trump has.

[Image: th?id=OIP.oPwIevxxqwNIdMQmsTY_TQAAAA&pid...=300&h=300]

What does "Somyadz Tyatsmr" mean?

[Image: th?id=OIP.VnIqZjTCAr3BWs_XLw4lHwHaCB&pid...=576&h=158]

God? No. Definitely not. No more mobs? He's been great for the Russian Mafia.

[Image: th?id=OIP.N62nFxptLYG-GS2wWe48_QHaDa&pid...=347&h=161]

A majority now says otherwise, and it is getting bigger.

[Image: th?id=OIP.EDNHMIdkB46tT-hEYXSknwHaEK&pid...=311&h=176]

Maybe the Detroit Tigers. That's not much of an achievement.

RE: Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can! - Eric the Green - 11-07-2020

A good one from Seth. We'll get Rudy to count the votes. He doesn't know up from down. "No more mobs!" Watch this one and laugh. And maybe they'll send Rudy to the morgue to count I voted stickers.

RE: Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can! - Eric the Green - 11-10-2020

Time to party like octopusses on fucking ecstacy! Celebrate who we are! hmmmmmmmmm

RE: Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can! - pbrower2a - 11-11-2020

[Image: 5aced0b813d917dcacd601aa288fbf2a590af531...=800&h=458]