Generational Theory Forum: The Fourth Turning Forum: A message board discussing generations and the Strauss Howe generational theory
Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can! - Printable Version

+- Generational Theory Forum: The Fourth Turning Forum: A message board discussing generations and the Strauss Howe generational theory (http://generational-theory.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Fourth Turning Forums (http://generational-theory.com/forum/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Current Events (http://generational-theory.com/forum/forum-34.html)
+---- Forum: General Political Discussion (http://generational-theory.com/forum/forum-15.html)
+---- Thread: Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can! (/thread-158.html)

RE: Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can! - The Wonkette - 10-08-2016

(10-07-2016, 05:30 PM)Odin Wrote: Letterman is rocking the Old Wise Man beard very well!
Is he trying to be a Grey Champion?   Big Grin

RE: Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can! - Bob Butler 54 - 10-08-2016

Well, for the first time Carly Simon is allowing a politician -- Hillary -- to use "You're So Vain" in a political ad.  It opens with a bunch of people defining Narcissism, and goes on from there...

Works pretty well.   Big Grin

RE: Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can! - pbrower2a - 10-08-2016

In view of the reports of crotch grabs, 'vain' may become a triviality in contrast. 'Vile' and 'violent' may be more appropriate.

Not a woman, I have no idea how those feel. Maybe I would not want to know if I were a woman. I can't imagine doing such. It's obviously a sexual assault, and were I a judge I would have no qualms about sending someone to jail at the least for a misdemeanor term (if such is all that the law allows) for that deed.

We don't make many jokes about Bill Cosby, once renowned as a comedian and now known as one of the most prolific of serial rapists ever known. I do not know whether the legal definition of rape applies to crotch-grabs.

This forum could become irrelevant as the most important reality about Donald Trump isn't his ludicrous vanity or his vapid mind. There's nothing funny about rape -- or some deed close to rape.

RE: Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can! - Bob Butler 54 - 10-08-2016

(10-08-2016, 08:01 PM)pbrower2a Wrote: In view of the reports of crotch grabs, 'vain' may become a triviality in contrast. 'Vile' and 'violent' may be more appropriate.  

Not a woman, I have no idea how those feel. Maybe I would not want to know if I were a woman. I can't imagine doing such.  It's obviously a sexual assault, and were I a judge I would have no qualms about sending someone to jail at the least for a misdemeanor term (if such is all that the law allows) for that deed.

We don't make many jokes about Bill Cosby, once renowned as a comedian and now known as one of the most prolific of serial rapists ever known. I do not know whether the legal definition of rape applies to crotch-grabs.

This forum could become irrelevant as the most important reality about Donald Trump isn't his ludicrous vanity or his vapid mind. There's nothing funny about rape -- or some deed close to rape.

Has he become un-funny enough that we should close down this thread?

RE: Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can! - Eric the Green - 10-08-2016

(10-08-2016, 08:01 PM)pbrower2a Wrote: In view of the reports of crotch grabs, 'vain' may become a triviality in contrast. 'Vile' and 'violent' may be more appropriate.

Not a woman, I have no idea how those feel. Maybe I would not want to know if I were a woman. I can't imagine doing such. It's obviously a sexual assault, and were I a judge I would have no qualms about sending someone to jail at the least for a misdemeanor term (if such is all that the law allows) for that deed.

I don't think it rises to the level of crime. A lewd conversation is not a rape. It was "locker room banter," nothing that he actually did. He likes beautiful women and he just kisses them. He's a star, so he can get away with anything, he says. That's like when he said that he could shoot somebody and not lose any votes. That doesn't mean that he shot somebody.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-recorded-having-extremely-lewd-conversation-about-women-in-2005/2016/10/07/3b9ce776-8cb4-11e6-bf8a-3d26847eeed4_story.html

He was bragging, like he always does. He's such a stud, he thinks. Not presidential, but not a crime. No, we can keep laughing at him. Smile He's ridiculous; a poor parody of a presidential candidate. It reflects the Party that nominated him, whether they admit it or not.

Oh, and this thread is for bashing Trump too.

I don't know if this article below quite hits the mark, but she makes some good points. Hillary would not have been knocked for knocking her husband in private after she found out about her husband's escapades. But it's true that the charge she is now making against Trump, she never made, or would have made, against her husband.
http://www.bostonherald.com/news/columnists/adriana_cohen/2016/10/adriana_cohen_clintons_playing_prude_the_height_of_hypocrisy

I have to admit, I don't know what "Grab them by the p....." means. What does p..... stand for?

RE: Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can! - Eric the Green - 10-08-2016

(10-08-2016, 06:33 PM)Bob Butler 54 Wrote: Well, for the first time Carly Simon is allowing a politician -- Hillary -- to use "You're So Vain" in a political ad.  It opens with a bunch of people defining Narcissism, and goes on from there...

Works pretty well.   Big Grin

"You're So Vain" singer-songwriter Carly Simon is repurposing her wildly popular song from 1972 as an anti-Donald Trump anthem.

http://money.cnn.com/2016/10/08/media/donald-trump-youre-so-vain-carly-simon/index.html

A new video featuring the song -- paid for by pro-Hillary Clinton super PAC Patriotic Artists and Creatives -- marks the first time Simon has allowed the song to be put toward a political cause.

The two and a half minute video is filled with clips from various public figures denouncing Trump and a barrage of gaffes from the nominee's campaign.

Simon didn't change much of the song, but she did dub over one line. In the first verse, instead of singing, "your scarf, it was apricot," she sings, "your face, it was apricot."

(my comment: that's a good one Smile )

"On the eve of the next presidential debate, she is alarmed at the prospect of Donald Trump reaching the White House and has joined other creative voices in making a definitive statement," a spokesperson for Simon said.

The creative minds behind the video are Fred Goldring, who also produced the pro-Obama will.i.am "Yes We Can" video in 2008, and Los Angeles-based entrepreneur Jon Vein.

The next presidential debate is set to air Sunday at 9 pm ET. It comes on the heels of Trump's biggest scandal to date: The revelation of a 2005 video in which Trump unleashes a string of vulgar comments about women.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lQFLBhRwds

I still think "Goldfinger" is just as good and covers more aspects of the Trumpster. And the danger he represents, and especially considering his recent troubles over various abusive comments toward and about women, well-featured in the song. And now his comments about kissing women!
https://youtu.be/udd6s3M5cD8

Well, nobody can bash Trump when he needs to be bashed like Billy can!

"Grab them by the pussy;" OK. Thanks for clearing that up, Mr. Maher. I don't know why they censored Trump in the article. There's no censorship of Billy! Nope, none!

RE: Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can! - Eric the Green - 10-09-2016

RE: Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can! - pbrower2a - 10-09-2016

(10-08-2016, 09:15 PM)taramarie Wrote:

Not a woman, I have no idea how those feel. Maybe I would not want to know if I were a woman. I can't imagine doing such.  It's obviously a sexual assault, and were I a judge I would have no qualms about sending someone to jail at the least for a misdemeanor term (if such is all that the law allows) for that deed.

Trust me, you do not want to know that terror.

...what I thought. Women can want conventional intercourse, but crotch grabs? For a man that is more an assertion of power than it is sex.

Compelling women to keep silent about abuse itself implies terror; imposition of fear is a perverse exercise of power.

Quote:It is not just the groping but the mental abuse and threats around it if you tell anyone. People like Eric and Donald think it is ok to grab by the pussy. But Donald is far worse obviously as Eric has mentioned that he stops once told no.

I would not do it unless I were asked, and I would be shocked if I were asked. If it didn't feel good for her I would never do it again.

Quote:I have not heard Donald say the same and he sounds proud of the fact he has groped and wanted to have sex with a married woman when he himself was just recently married. It is disgusting, intrusive and another clear indicator that he cannot control himself and does not give a shit how people feel. That is a clear sign of someone who would not be a good president if he does not care about others as well as being a shit business man.

Having sex with someone other than a spouse when one is already married, or having sex with someone already married, is adultery, a serious breach of Judeo-Christian ethics. Fornication (two unmarried persons having sex) is a comparative triviality. Adultery ruins marriages. Yes, if I had a wife of child-bearing age and she wanted a baby I would insist that she have the child by someone else (one can be a competent and even high-achieving person if one has Asperger's syndrome, but the syndrome can make life miserable).

The Presidential bid of Donald Trump is the ultimate power trip. That horrible man has used power in disgusting ways before, getting fame for hollow achievements, getting media attention for mediocre entertainment, getting his surname plastered on big projects, and of course making one sexual conquest after another. His achievements in all those things are suspect. He would like to be as successful a businessman as Warren Buffett, but he isn't. He would like to be a great entertainer like Frank Sinatra or an impresario of such as Merv Griffin, but he isn't. He would like to satisfy women as did Porfirio Rubirosa, but he isn't. Now he wants to be the successor of George Washington, Abraham Lincoln, and Franklin Roosevelt. Why should we expect better with Donald Trump as President?

Even his hypocritical choice of Governor Mike Pence  has imploded even if Mike Pence has showed himself adequate as a running-mate for an arch-conservative Presidential nominee who espouses conservative Christian values in deed and word. (Ironically it is Barack Obama who seems the straight-laced prude in his personal life, even if he makes no theatrical displays of religious devotion. The only obvious breach was to accede to homosexual rights, which breach itself is itself an expression of high morality, as God obviously made some people homosexual).

Donald Trump is no exemplar of Christian morality. His god, his object of worship, is himself. Neither is he an exemplar of Jewish, Islamic, Buddhist, Hindu, Shinto, Zoroastrian, or neo-pagan morality. Atheism or agnosticism? Atheists and agnostics at their best contemplate the necessary virtues and live them without need for any god. The political 'marriage of convenience' between him and Mike Pence imploded as Mike Pence could not defend Donald Trump's behavior. Like or dislike his politics, Mike Pence at least believes something -- but that is not the ego-worshiping megalomania of Donald Trump. Mike Pence defended himself well in his debate; as a conservative Christian he could not defend Donald Trump, a man whose business conduct, megalomania, gross dishonesty, abuse of women, and calls for violence are all inconsistent with any profession of Christian values. Mike Pence could have better defended Barack Obama than Donald Trump.

RE: Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can! - pbrower2a - 10-09-2016

All in all I feel much sorrow for the conservative Christians that Donald Trump has snookered. Just today I saw far fewer Trump signs in northeastern Indiana, a profoundly-conservative area within a conservative state. Sure, conservative Christians seem good people on the whole -- but they also seem very gullible. They were slow to recognize Donald Trump for what he is.  He played some of their favorite tunes, so to speak, on his piano. Now we find that the man who played The Old Rugged Cross with such profound spirit plays other works on his piano. No, Beethoven's Waldstein  Sonata is not a favorite in the whorehouse.

Well-educated liberals recognized Donald Trump as a fake, a fraud, and a hypocrite long before the Trump/Pence yard signs bloomed in rural America. Now those signs may be facing an early harvest... for the many burning barrels of rural America. Conservative Christians are not bad people; people who adhere to the teachings of the Christian Bible can't be all bad. Many are good, undemanding workers in crappy jobs. They will make good soldiers in an apocalyptic war should we have one. They show affection for their children. They outdo us liberals in unqualified patriotism. They expect moral conduct from their leaders. Donald Trump has betrayed them badly. May we all learn something from this disgusting episode in American history!

RE: Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can! - John J. Xenakis - 10-09-2016

Which of the two is more sickening and disgusting than the other?

How low can the country go?

RE: Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can! - Eric the Green - 10-09-2016

Hillary is not disgusting. But she is not ideal. The email stuff is minor, and the Republicans make mountains out of Clinton molehills, and have done so for decades. But she didn't adequately answer Trump's charges. I think though, that they have been answered. So maybe she was right not to dwell on her explanations at the debate.

She didn't really apologize sufficiently for her "irredeemable deplorables" remark. But on the other hand, the fact is that she is right about a lot of Trump supporters. And I suspect some people know that too. So it may not make much difference that she pointed it out, and didn't apologize for doing it very much.

Another thing where Trump might have scored a point with some people is when he charged that the women Clinton "abused" were verbally attacked by Hillary. She just said it wasn't true, with no support for her statement; and again perhaps she thought it was dwelling on the sordid to go into this further. Trump has also made ridiculous, unsupported charges that Hillary cheated on Bill. Hillary haters make all sorts of false charges against her, even accusing her of murder.

I wonder about her supposed remark in her Goldman Sachs speech that the people best able to regulate Wall Street, are Wall Street people. I think the most crucial thing we will be looking for, is who she appoints to her cabinet and other important posts. Bill Clinton and Barack Obama appointed too many wolves to guard our financial hen house. She has to do better. If this controversy builds, maybe she will have to answer the progressives about this, and not appoint David Rubin types to these positions. I will be interesting to see if there's more on this, and from her, on this issue before the election. If she pledges to appoint real regulators and watchdogs for the people, she might stem some defections to Jill Stein.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/10/07/leaked-podesta-emails-show-bernie-was-right.html

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-election-clinton-idUSKCN1280Z9

Tara is wrong as usual about me. I did not say that I grab pussies or grope, or think it's OK or that I approve of it. I said it is not necessarily a crime to do so, depending on what the laws are, or how far it goes; nor should kinser go around slugging people he sees doing it.

Shame on Tara for even mentioning me in this context. Of course I knew that she would. Her posts are frequently abusive and intemperate. I have reported her post.

Christian values are not the same as American values. People are free to have the relationships they want, and follow the ethics they uphold, as long as laws are obeyed. The golden rule is universal. May we respect and treat each other as we wish to be treated.

When I was younger in the late 60s, I had the occasion to work alongside some "poorly-educated" guys. They thought of me as some kind of geek or nerd. I heard them brag about how they successfully "jabbed" girls. One guy said, I know what a girl is for, and "what to do with them." Meaning you know what. This kind of attitude is not rare; sexual bragging is common. I'm not sure how what this guy says compared to what Donald said about grabbing pussy, but what Donald also said was that, because he was a star, he could get away with anything. That also says something about the attitudes of powerful men in this society. Bill Clinton admitted he availed himself of oral sex from Monica "because he could."

Here is one of these "poorly-educated" guys today, who loves Trump because of Trump's 2005 sexual comments.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcW9y00OULc

(10-09-2016, 03:53 AM)taramarie Wrote:

I don't read tara's posts, but I thought it was important to look at this one. If he actually did what he bragged about doing, "he's in a world of trouble" according to the young turk. He cites four cases. So, we'll see.

RE: Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can! - Webmaster - 10-09-2016

Guys could you please keep your personal disputes out of this; especially if they stem from incidents on the old forum, I don't remember the debate at all and I can't see the posts on the old forum easily so please don't rehash old incidents.

RE: Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can! - Bob Butler 54 - 10-09-2016

Perhaps we should all refrain from personal attacks and show the same sort of respectful discussion as has been shown by the major party candidates.

Wait a minute.  Check that....    Wink

(10-09-2016, 11:22 PM)taramarie Wrote: To the moderator I am not attacking him, I merely am repeating something that he said himself. Eric just wants to deny it. He said he sees nothing wrong with groping unless the woman shows AFTER that she is not for it then he says one should stop. Others saw this too and attacked him for it last year. I will NOT be silenced for speaking the truth!

You say this forum is worse than facebook. Why don't you just go there?

You don't speak the truth.

I did not say I groped anybody. Tara said that I did, in the post quoted by brower, by saying that I back off when someone says no. No, I don't back off, because I don't do it.

It is a sorry situation if people can't touch each other in this society. But that does not mean I approve of sexual assault.

It's true, this was from the old forum. She is bringing it up, and will do so forever.

It's Johnny's turn!

RE: Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can! - Eric the Green - 10-10-2016

Alec Baldwin portrays Trump

Oh btw back to not reading tara's posts!