Generational Theory Forum: The Fourth Turning Forum: A message board discussing generations and the Strauss Howe generational theory
Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can! - Printable Version

+- Generational Theory Forum: The Fourth Turning Forum: A message board discussing generations and the Strauss Howe generational theory (http://generational-theory.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Fourth Turning Forums (http://generational-theory.com/forum/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Current Events (http://generational-theory.com/forum/forum-34.html)
+---- Forum: General Political Discussion (http://generational-theory.com/forum/forum-15.html)
+---- Thread: Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can! (/thread-158.html)

RE: Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can! - pbrower2a - 10-11-2016

[Image: de3f19e6f9a8c475f3e858030176de0642ede8de...=800&h=366]

[Image: 151002105839-trevor-noah-donald-trump-pr...ge-169.jpg]

...Any questions?

RE: Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can! - Eric the Green - 10-11-2016

(10-11-2016, 01:33 AM)Bob Butler 54 Wrote: And I have to reprise my opinion on world views and values.  They are anchored deep.  They are virtually unchangeable and unquestionable.  If one believes that the Bible is Truth, it follows that the theory of evolution is bogus, that science has to be mistaken.  No amount of evidence or logic can trump a deeply imbedded world view.  If one grows up in a racist sexist culture, it's cool to grab a lady's crotch, it's cool to insult and denigrate any minority, it's cool to expect the best jobs and the highest salary.  It might not just be cool, it might be perceived as a Right, to be expected.  It is firm.  It is there.  It is unquestionable.  It is Truth.  (Not.)

It's true. I want to point out though, that world views and values DO change during Awakenings (2Ts/second turnings). I watched it happen, to myself and many others of all ages. Despite all their drawbacks, that's why I like 2Ts the best.

RE: Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can! - Eric the Green - 10-12-2016

Oh boy! The second Hillary-Trump debate moderated by Seth Myers!

I think it basically has fallen....

RE: Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can! - Bob Butler 54 - 10-12-2016

(10-11-2016, 11:24 AM)pbrower2a Wrote: [Image: de3f19e6f9a8c475f3e858030176de0642ede8de...=800&h=366]

...Any questions?

Are you sure this is 100% accurate?  I mean, I've seen nothing to indicate he's going to bring back lighter than air flight.

RE: Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can! - Eric the Green - 10-12-2016

Trump spokesperson Kelly-Ann Conway just now said, "You're either for us or against us. We've had enough pussyfooting around."

My goodness, a preview of what kind of folks would work in a Trump "law and order" White House!

Trump campaign leaders are criminals.

Here Rachel reports on when Trump wants his voters to vote.
https://www.facebook.com/therachelmaddowshow/videos/vb.25987609066/10153990635859067/?type=2&theater

I hope they heed his advice to vote 20 days after the election! Early voting beats late voting every time!

RE: Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can! - Bob Butler 54 - 10-12-2016

(10-12-2016, 05:29 PM)X_4AD_84 Wrote:
(10-12-2016, 04:28 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: Trump spokesperson Kelly-Ann Conway just now said, "You're either for us or against us. We've had enough pussyfooting around."

And camels have toes (sorry, couldn't resist going straight into the gutter ... now I'll pull myself back up ... )>

If I were her, I wouldn't have drawn attention to pussies around Trump.

Keith Olbermann pulls no punches:

Another whippin'
https://youtu.be/FtyC-wt8I80

Top 30 stupid things Trump said at the debates. This one made me laugh too.
https://youtu.be/oDCZ8HSDDTU

Barack Obama can sure bring it!

"We will educate him!"

RE: Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can! - Bob Butler 54 - 10-13-2016

For some reason, thinking on the election, Rudyard Kipling's "If" came to mind...

Quote:If you can keep your head when all about you   
    Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,   
If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you, 
    But make allowance for their doubting too;   
If you can wait and not be tired by waiting, 
    Or being lied about, don’t deal in lies, 
Or being hated, don’t give way to hating, 
    And yet don’t look too good, nor talk too wise: 

If you can dream—and not make dreams your master;   
    If you can think—and not make thoughts your aim;   
If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster 
    And treat those two impostors just the same;   
If you can bear to hear the truth you’ve spoken 
    Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools, 
Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken, 
    And stoop and build ’em up with worn-out tools: 

If you can make one heap of all your winnings 
    And risk it on one turn of pitch-and-toss, 
And lose, and start again at your beginnings 
    And never breathe a word about your loss; 
If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew 
    To serve your turn long after they are gone,   
And so hold on when there is nothing in you 
    Except the Will which says to them: ‘Hold on!’ 

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,   
    Or walk with Kings—nor lose the common touch, 
If neither foes nor loving friends can hurt you, 
    If all men count with you, but none too much; 
If you can fill the unforgiving minute 
    With sixty seconds’ worth of distance run,   
Yours is the Earth and everything that’s in it,   
    And—which is more—you’ll be a Man, my son!

RE: Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can! - playwrite - 10-13-2016

Says it all -

[Image: vsyra7vnpin9vx0ewzsr.jpg]

RE: Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can! - pbrower2a - 10-13-2016

To be more inapt it would have to be "Yazidis for ISIS", "Jews for Hitler", "Armenians for Enver Pasha", or maybe "Peasants for Stalin".

RE: Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can! - pbrower2a - 10-13-2016

How about this:

In the year in which American politics went to its philosophical, moral, and verbal low, an American wins the Nobel Prize for literature.

BOB DYLAN

"Come senators, congressmen please heed the call
Don't stand in the doorway don't block up the hall
For he that gets hurt will be he who has stalled
There's a battle outside and it's ragin'
It'll soon shake your windows and rattle your walls
For the times they are a' changin'!"

...our politicians become agents of positive change this year or we are in deep trouble.

RE: Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can! - Bob Butler 54 - 10-13-2016

(10-13-2016, 08:42 AM)pbrower2a Wrote: How about this:

In the year in which American politics went to its philosophical, moral, and verbal low, an American wins the Nobel Prize for literature.

BOB DYLAN

This does seem an appropriate moment for the best of the Awakening to be remembered.

RE: Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can! - Eric the Green - 10-13-2016

From New York Times via Politico:

.....a then-22-year-old receptionist recalled introducing herself to Trump outside a Trump Tower elevator in 2005. She said Trump shook her hand but then refused to let go as he proceeded to kiss her on the cheeks and then on the mouth. The allegation is similar to what Trump said on a now infamous tape recorded that same year, when he told Billy Bush of "Access Hollywood" that, “You know, I’m automatically attracted to beautiful — I just start kissing them. It’s like a magnet. Just kiss. I don’t even wait.”

In a statement, Trump’s senior communications adviser Jason Miller wrote Wednesday night that the entire New York Times report was “fiction” and accused the newspaper of launching “a completely false, coordinated character assassination against Mr. Trump.”

In a letter to the Times demanding a retraction, Trump’s attorney wrote that the article is “reckless, defamatory and constitutes libel per se.” The reality TV star’s lawyer threatened to pursue “all available actions and remedies” if the newspaper refused to retract the story and apologize.

But the report published by the Times did not include the only such allegations of sexual assault to emerge on Wednesday. Hours after the Times report was published, People magazine writer Natasha Stoynoff offered her own account of Trump forcibly kissing her in 2005 at his Mar-a-Lago resort, where she was scheduled to interview the real estate billionaire about his first year of marriage to Melania Trump. Stoynoff said in her article that she hadn’t included the incident in her original story for People because she “doubted my recollection and my reaction” and was “afraid that a famous, powerful, wealthy man could and would discredit and destroy me, especially if I got his coveted PEOPLE feature killed.”

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2016/10/trump-new-sexual-harassment-allegations-229724#ixzz4MzY2c7Us
Follow us: @politico on Twitter | Politico on Facebook

Trump was undergoing his Saturn Return in 2005. I wonder if there's a delayed effect here.

(10-13-2016, 01:36 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: From New York Times via Politico:

.....a then-22-year-old receptionist recalled introducing herself to Trump outside a Trump Tower elevator in 2005. She said Trump shook her hand but then refused to let go as he proceeded to kiss her on the cheeks and then on the mouth. The allegation is similar to what Trump said on a now infamous tape recorded that same year, when he told Billy Bush of "Access Hollywood" that, “You know, I’m automatically attracted to beautiful — I just start kissing them. It’s like a magnet. Just kiss. I don’t even wait.”  (Snip...)

The above article resulted in threats of defamation of character lawsuits should the Times not retract its article.  The Times stuck by its reporting.  The tone of the Times response was 'in your face'.

It isn't unusual for Trump to threaten lawsuits in an attempt to silence critics.  I suspect it works in a number of cases.  It doesn't look like it will work with the Times or the Washington Post.  Among other things, if he does file the suit, the Times and Post get to do discovery.  They could subpoena anything and everything to do with Trump's sexual behavior.  For instance, it is alleged that there are a ton of harassment incidents in the out takes of "The Apprentice", but various legal protections prevent access to these videos.  If Trump were to file suit, the Times would get access to said videos.

Thus, there is an assumption that Trump is bluffing.  Regardless, nothing will actually happen in court until well after November 8th...

Or was that November 28th?  Wink

Another twist is the words used to deny the groping claim. "Look at her... I don't think so." If he's trying to regain the impression that he respects women, I don't know that he knows how to go about it.

RE: Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can! - Eric the Green - 10-13-2016

Not everything Trump is featured as saying about women is bad. He's quoted as saying that if Ivanka weren't my daughter perhaps I'd be dating her. She's of age; that a compliment to her daughter.

It's just part of the total picture though.

(10-13-2016, 03:02 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: Not everything Trump is featured as saying about women is bad. He's quoted as saying that if Ivanka weren't my daughter perhaps I'd be dating her. She's of age; that a compliment to her daughter.

I'm still not sure you understand how strongly many women about involuntary touching, let alone guys walking into their dressing rooms.  Have you heard Michelle Obama's "shaken me to my core" speech?  While not every word coming out of Trump's mouth is horrible, there are a lot of folk, not just women but also men who care about women, who are going to react very strongly to Trump's attitude.

(10-13-2016, 03:44 PM)X_4AD_84 Wrote: Difference between Trump and me ...

I did some locker room talk .... 35 - 40 years ago. I reached a point in life where at most, among male-only company, we still might talk a bit dirty but using euphemisms and definitely not describing ogre-like behavior. Most men leave that behind as part of the maturation process.

Trump is stuck in adolescence. I can understand why one might think he did a deal with The Devil - most people would have suffered many consequences for behaving like this as not only a grown man, but a friggin' 70 year old man!

I'm not having any trouble telling you from Trump.  Big Grin

(10-13-2016, 03:23 PM)Bob Butler 54 Wrote:
(10-13-2016, 03:02 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: Not everything Trump is featured as saying about women is bad. He's quoted as saying that if Ivanka weren't my daughter perhaps I'd be dating her. She's of age; that a compliment to her daughter.

I'm still not sure you understand how strongly many women (feel) about involuntary touching, let alone guys walking into their dressing rooms.  Have you heard Michelle Obama's "shaken me to my core" speech?  While not every word coming out of Trump's mouth is horrible, there are a lot of folk, not just women but also men who care about women, who are going to react very strongly to Trump's attitude.

Sure, as I say, the total picture is not pretty.

The worst part is when he forces himself on women, as when he won't let go of her arm, etc. And the invasions of privacy, like when he claims he could look at beauty contestants naked in their dressing rooms "because he owns the pageant." Abuse of power. "When you're a star, they let you do it" he says. "You can do anything" (even grabbing genitalia).

The battle of the sexes election is getting very personal.

Let's post the whole speech