Generational Theory Forum: The Fourth Turning Forum: A message board discussing generations and the Strauss Howe generational theory
Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can! - Printable Version

+- Generational Theory Forum: The Fourth Turning Forum: A message board discussing generations and the Strauss Howe generational theory (http://generational-theory.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Fourth Turning Forums (http://generational-theory.com/forum/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Current Events (http://generational-theory.com/forum/forum-34.html)
+---- Forum: General Political Discussion (http://generational-theory.com/forum/forum-15.html)
+---- Thread: Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can! (/thread-158.html)

RE: Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can! - Odin - 02-16-2017

The Dakota don't use arrows these days, Eric, they know how to use guns. Wink

RE: Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can! - Eric the Green - 02-16-2017

(02-16-2017, 08:03 PM)Odin Wrote: The Dakota don't use arrows these days, Eric, they know how to use guns. Wink

They have been resisting non-violently; all kidding aside. And some have gotten injured. I imagine it's going to get tougher for them now. The Courts are their only hope, it seems, and it's not going well.

I can only hope the blue states keep pushing for alternative energy as fast as we can, and that this forces the hand of the energy companies. And that China and elsewhere they keep doing what Trump and his creepy Party won't do. Right now, and probably for the next 4 years at least, we don't have a federal government to deal with reality, so the market and other governments are all we have.

RE: Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can! - Eric the Green - 02-16-2017

Most ridiculous press conference I have ever seen. Utterly incoherent; he could not complete a sentence without contradicting himself and/or lying profusely. He's still running for president, and claiming he won a bigger victory than he did. He won't admit that he colluded with Russia. He said his rollout of the travel ban was smooth, and his administration is like a fine-tuned machine. His favorite tactic is to intimidate the press. Judging by the coverage on the CBS evening news, it isn't working yet. Our so-called president is both a joke and a disaster.

Seth is already on it!

RE: Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can! - Odin - 02-17-2017

(02-16-2017, 09:45 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: Most ridiculous press conference I have ever seen. Utterly incoherent; he could not complete a sentence without contradicting himself and/or lying profusely. He's still running for president, and claiming he won a bigger victory than he did. He won't admit that he colluded with Russia. He said his rollout of the travel ban was smooth, and his administration is like a fine-tuned machine. His favorite tactic is to intimidate the press. Judging by the coverage on the CBS evening news, it isn't working yet. Our so-called president is both a joke and a disaster.

He's lost his fucking mind. He's always been a massive asshole, but he used to be able to talk intelligently and in complete sentences. He has to be developing Alzheimer's or something.

RE: Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can! - Bob Butler 54 - 02-17-2017

(02-17-2017, 08:04 AM)Odin Wrote:
(02-16-2017, 09:45 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: Most ridiculous press conference I have ever seen. Utterly incoherent; he could not complete a sentence without contradicting himself and/or lying profusely. He's still running for president, and claiming he won a bigger victory than he did. He won't admit that he colluded with Russia. He said his rollout of the travel ban was smooth, and his administration is like a fine-tuned machine. His favorite tactic is to intimidate the press. Judging by the coverage on the CBS evening news, it isn't working yet. Our so-called president is both a joke and a disaster.

He's lost his fucking mind. He's always been a massive asshole, but he used to be able to talk intelligently and in complete sentences. He has to be developing Alzheimer's or something.

It's just narcissism.  He has always believed how gloriously wonderful he is, and that any who question his magnificent glory are (expletive deleted), totally worthy of scathing insults and attacks.  To maintain the above delusions, he has always had to disconnect himself from reality.  He is now working in an environment where staying disconnected from reality is very difficult, where lots and lots of people will be questioning his glorious magnificence.  This is going to stress his way of dealing with the world big time.

RE: Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can! - Bob Butler 54 - 02-17-2017

(02-16-2017, 03:18 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: Trump just toured the Dakota pipeline. He said things went well!

[Image: 16426139_10209910937344806_2076660888861...e=592F6208]

I understand the Republicans are finally considering a limit on the 2nd Amendment...  a total prohibition on explosive arrowheads.

RE: Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can! - Eric the Green - 02-17-2017

Well, about time Smile

RE: Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can! - Eric the Green - 02-17-2017

#6 on Trending
Donald Trump Wows At First Solo Stress Conference and DeVossification
Stephen Colbert: he didn't even bring his meds with him. Who inherited whut?

How many insane things can Drump say in one press conference?

(don't ask Drump; he can't count!)

RE: Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can! - Marypoza - 02-18-2017

http://fox-news-daily.com/ED/fox-news-special/DtrumpED3Zl.html

RE: Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can! - Bob Butler 54 - 02-19-2017

I'm considering a "You're Fired!" thread.  It seems Fred Deare, a security advisor, was reassigned for not telling Trump what he wanted to hear.

I suppose this is a good way to end the chaos and disagreement reportedly rampant in the White House.  Bring in yes men?

RE: Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can! - Odin - 02-20-2017

(02-19-2017, 11:38 PM)Bob Butler 54 Wrote: I'm considering a "You're Fired!" thread.  It seems Fred Deare, a security advisor, was reassigned for not telling Trump what he wanted to hear.

I suppose this is a good way to end the chaos and disagreement reportedly rampant in the White House.  Bring in yes men?

It seems like Mattis is showing some spine, even outright saying that Russia is interfering with elections in the US and Europe. If Trump and Bannon try to get rid of him they'll turn the whole military against them.

RE: Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can! - Bob Butler 54 - 02-21-2017

Another broken Trump promise?

During the campaign, Trump criticized Obama for playing golf, for not working hard enough.  He promised that if elected, he wouldn't play golf.

Not so....

RE: Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can! - pbrower2a - 02-22-2017

(02-21-2017, 02:19 PM)X_4AD_84 Wrote:
(02-21-2017, 07:36 AM)Bob Butler 54 Wrote: Another broken Trump promise?

During the campaign, Trump criticized Obama for playing golf, for not working hard enough.  He promised that if elected, he wouldn't play golf.

Not so....

And to boot, images of Trump golfing are simply ghastly.

I really miss PotUS 44.

Sick

No, I would rather that he play golf as much as possible. I question his ability to double-task, so if he's thinking of the shot down the fairwayor showing elation in getting a par, then he isn;t thinking of how to do something harmful to America.

RE: Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can! - Eric the Green - 02-22-2017

Seth goes to the stress conference

RE: Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can! - Eric the Green - 02-22-2017

There is a conservative Republican with some sense about The Donald. Unfortunately he's not in the Senate.

RE: Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can! - Eric the Green - 02-23-2017

Hey, so much the better so there's no resistance to that pipeline!

The Postillon
http://www.the-postillon.com/2017/02/trump-to-deport-indians.html
News Ticker
Monday, 13 February 2017
Trump wants to deport American Indians to India

[Image: TrumpIndianer.jpg]

Washington (dpo) - As part of his plan to improve national security and combat illegal immigration, US President Donald Trump intends to send around 3 million American Indians back to where they came from – India. He is to sign an executive order to this effect this week.

In an interview with Fox News, President Trump described Indians living in the USA as lawless warriors with a history of attacking and killing US citizens. He claimed, “I’ve seen it in all kinds of TV documentaries. Horrible attacks on good Americans using hatchets or bows and arrows. You can’t trust these Indians.”

President Trump consulted with the appropriate members of the government and found that most Indians do not possess the relevant immigration documents. “That means they are here illegally. I had to act.”
Further criticism is to be found on the President’s Twitter account:

[Image: indians1.jpg]

He also tweeted:

[Image: indians2.jpg]

The White House has announced that Indians will be given a three month period in which to leave the country. India is to pay for their flights.

RE: Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can! - Ragnarök_62 - 02-24-2017

Sweden is stuck on stupid.

Here's another case where the blind squirrel finds a nut. Big Grin

Then again, here's the typical stupid non scientific decision...

Abolish the DEA!  What about states' rights, Rebugi-cans, hmmm.... ?  Weed makes you paranoid?  Huh?  Has this fuck-wit even tried  it himself?  Here's the deal, Rags has done lots and lots of weed.  Weed does not make Rags paranoid. Weed makes Rags mellow.  Booze OTOH, makes Rags pissy.

RE: Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can! - Ragnarök_62 - 02-24-2017

(02-24-2017, 09:14 PM)X_4AD_84 Wrote:
(02-24-2017, 08:57 PM)Ragnarök_62 Wrote: Sweden is stuck on stupid.

<snip vids>

Abolish the DEA!  What about states' rights, Rebugi-cans, hmmm.... ?  Weed makes you paranoid?  Huh?  Has this fuck-wit even tried  it himself?  Here's the deal, Rags has done lots and lots of weed.  Weed does not make Rags paranoid. Weed makes Rags mellow.  Booze OTOH, makes Rags pissy.

The weed thing is where the Social Conservatives have their panties in a wad. What's interesting is, Kaintuck Bourbon is A-OK but the EEEEEEEEEEEEvil Mary-hoooo-geee-wannna is the DEVVVVVVil's weed!

In truth, I think it's due to association of weed with hippies, The Left, places like Boulder, and, the Netherlands. In the land of SoCon memes, those are all bad things. Whereas, the ol' Kaintuck or if you prefer, TN whiskey, now that is for real Americans ... the nectar of good ol' boys.

I happen to like both weed and drink (the latter in great moderation).

The only "anti" substance use people I respect are ones who personally teetotal for religious reasons or personal preference.

But dang ... don't tell me what to put in my body!

Yes, we certainly agree, there XY_4AD_84

1. Ethanol has lethal overdose property. Weed does not have this. Weed also does not induce physical damage to the body if eaten. In fact weed is a rich source of
antioxidants.   So, that means almost anyone, anyone can benefit from the use a edible weed products.

2. Social conservatives:   OK, let's get to brass tacks.  Oklahoma has a plethora of assorted "Social Conservatives".  These are our nattering nabobs of nagging.
Yes, for sure, they have their panties in a wad and they just can't stop meddling in other folks' lives. I despise them.

3. Okiehoma/Kaintuck/Sooouth/  etc. Yeah, like I do a lot, I pan these meddlers quite often here. Yeah, "state's rights... except assorted "moral" crap.  Sorta off topic, my youngest sister finally got diagnosed with some sort of thyroid lump. It's taken our wahoo what passes for Oklahoma's public health system to finally get something right.
She has 0, yes 0 thyroid hormone levels along with bipolar disorder [which I also have] .  This is her 6th trip to the wacky ward here. The question I have is what's moral about her situation? Will God™ make her well? This nonsense just drives me nuts. I'm sick of Oklahoma's Senators voting down Senator Sander's bill to allow folks to get drugs from Canada/Mexico because .... our so called free market Senators seem to be on the take on Big Pharma. So.. what's free market about restricting drug purchasing to only Big Pharma? I see nothing but hypocrisy.  Here's some more obscure scientific stuff:
Sativa, Sativus, and Sativum are Latin botanical adjectives meaning cultivated, used to designate certain seed-grown domestic crops.

"Cannabis sativa" means cultivated cannabis. So, since Oklahoma is having drought problems, why not plant hemp instead of cotton?
http://www.cnbc.com/id/48674590

4. Since weed if eaten has negligible health effects, whats the damn problem? Religious whackos should not infringe in my take of the first amendment , which is freedom FROM crackpot religion.

5. Whiskey, LOL,  what about moonshine?

6. Yup, I should be able to put whatever in my body as long it does not infringe on other folks. That means I should be able to consume weed as long as I do it at home and don't drive.

/Sorry for the tangents, but yeah, I get pissed off.  Just ask Eric, when he's 10 foot tall. Cool

RE: Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can! - Classic-Xer - 02-25-2017

Were you a stoner back in the day? Are you still a stoner today? I don't have a problem with pot smokers. Hell, half of my friends are still pot smokers today. I actually took your position with them (the active pot smokers) figuring that they would all support legalizing pot. I was surprised when they looked at me funny like I was fricken crazy and more surprised when they all opposed the idea of legalizing pot (the idea of allowing pot to be made available to the public for mass consumption). We were in early/mid twenties at the time. Evidently, their minds must have already shifted towards adult life with a significant other/married life and starting families, raising kids and all the stuff that's related to it. I can't speak for you but I grew up at a time when there was pot smoking going on every where during when it was supposebly illegal. Pot smoking at school bus stops. Pot smoking in school buses. Pot smoking on the walk home from school or the bus stop. Pot smoking inside cars before and after school. I don't see it going on as much in public as I did during the 1980's. I think it's a good sign that society has moved on myself.

I've seen weed make some people paranoid. I've seen weed make some people fall a sleep. I've seen weed make people get really goofy and obnoxious. I've seen weed make people really calm and mellow. I've seen weed make people really happy and make them do some hilarious stuff. I liked those kind of pot smokers the best. I assume that you've been around as many pot smokers as me. If not, you shouldn't base your pot smoking experience relating to effect it has on you as being the same as every one else who smokes it.

RE: Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can! - Ragnarök_62 - 02-25-2017

(02-25-2017, 12:07 AM)Classic-Xer Wrote:

<snip vids>

Were you a stoner back in the day? Are you still a stoner today? I don't have a problem with pot smokers. Hell, half of my friends are still pot smokers today. I actually took your position with them (the active pot smokers) figuring that they would all support legalizing pot. I was surprised when they looked at me funny like I was fricken crazy and more surprised when they all opposed the idea of legalizing pot (the idea of allowing pot to be made available to the public for mass consumption). We were in early/mid twenties at the time. Evidently, their minds must have already shifted towards adult life with a significant other/married life and starting families, raising kids and all the stuff that's related to it. I can't speak for you but I grew up at a time when there was pot smoking going on every where during when it was supposebly illegal. Pot smoking at school bus stops. Pot smoking in school buses. Pot smoking on the walk home from school or the bus stop. Pot smoking inside cars before and after school. I don't see it going on as much in public as I did during the 1980's. I think it's a good sign that society has moved on myself.

I've seen weed make some people paranoid. I've seen weed make some people fall a sleep. I've seen weed make people get really goofy and obnoxious. I've seen weed make people really calm and mellow. I've seen weed make people really happy and make them do some hilarious stuff. I liked those kind of pot smokers the best. I assume that you've been around as many pot smokers as me. If not, you shouldn't base your pot smoking experience relating to effect it has on you as being the same as every one else who smokes it.

1.  The 1962 cohort is/was the largest cohort as per Strauss/Howe for weed smokers.

2. Yes.  I am/was the a "stoner".

3. Marijuana was/is at least where I'm at a drug that's just fine to use in a recreational manner. I'll tell you that pot use hasn't gone away. In fact, the 1962 cohort, moi included is the number 1 weed users.

4. Everyone hasn't taken the path of getting hitched , having kids, etc. We're not like our parents. I don't think rules wrt drug use should be applied on an universal basis.

5. Pot use was all over the place in the 1970's/1980's. I've also partaken in using other drugs. Like I said, I was in the "stoner" group. I've done it all. I've used booze, weed, speed, downers, etc. I can see regulation of stuff like speed/opiates/downers. Pot has a side effect profile that's a lot less harmful than booze. That's a scientific fact.

6. OK, like I've alluded to above, the 1962 and cohorts adjacent have all been heavy pot users. In fact, here's my coming of age experience. There was a 3 hour gap between work hours when I and my co-workers would go to the local drive in, get a bunch of beer and pot. We got totally wasted before going back to work. It was all good. Nothing bad happened. That means I have a sample size of 15 teenagers/young adults. So it's that , I base pot use on. I also read medical journals online as to what the effects, both positive/negative are.   Note, I also make a pot infusion. I grind pot really fine, mix it with ethylene glycol , and drink it. I have hay fever and smoking pot is quite irritating.

7. With all of that said, no government agency / religious zealots have no right what so ever to dictate what I put in my body. Can you agree to this? You have a business, right? Should government decide who you hire? Should government decide how you conduct your life? As for myself, should government decide what I do with my body? Should government decide how I conduct my life? Should religious organizations decide how I conduct my life? Here's my take. You should conduct your business in a manner that maximizes your profits and wellbeing. You owe nothing to snowflakes. You owe nothing to political correctness. If some snowflake tells you how to run your business, I'm with you. You have a right to ignore said snowflakes. Now for myself, I also demand the right to use any substance for any reason I think useful. Government has no right to interfere with my rights... or yours.