Generational Theory Forum: The Fourth Turning Forum: A message board discussing generations and the Strauss Howe generational theory
Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can! - Printable Version

+- Generational Theory Forum: The Fourth Turning Forum: A message board discussing generations and the Strauss Howe generational theory (http://generational-theory.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Fourth Turning Forums (http://generational-theory.com/forum/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Current Events (http://generational-theory.com/forum/forum-34.html)
+---- Forum: General Political Discussion (http://generational-theory.com/forum/forum-15.html)
+---- Thread: Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can! (/thread-158.html)

RE: Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can! - pbrower2a - 03-05-2018

[Image: 96294219cba03fb33283ecbdefba7439e5441582...=600&h=341]

RE: Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can! - pbrower2a - 03-14-2018

In honor of the great, late physicist Stephen Hawking who told us much that we know about black holes, let us recognize the great void of conscience in our President.

RE: Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can! - David Horn - 03-14-2018

(02-24-2018, 03:44 PM)pbrower2a Wrote: Why does anyone think that Donald Trump needs logic when he surrounds oneself with yes-men who tell him exactly what he wants to believe? A firearm is the last thing that I as a teacher would want in a classroom.

Most teachers agree and almost all students do.

RE: Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can! - Eric the Green - 03-14-2018

Trump Went To Pennsylvania To Endorse... Himself

RE: Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can! - pbrower2a - 03-15-2018

Quote:“Trudeau came to see me. He’s a good guy, Justin. He said, ‘No, no, we have no trade deficit with you, we have none. Donald, please,’ ” Trump said, mimicking Trudeau, according to audio obtained by The Washington Post. “Nice guy, good-looking guy, comes in — ‘Donald, we have no trade deficit.’ He’s very proud because everybody else, you know, we’re getting killed.

“... So, he’s proud. I said, ‘Wrong, Justin, you do.’ I didn’t even know. ... I had no idea. I just said, ‘You’re wrong.’ You know why? Because we’re so stupid. … And I thought they were smart. I said, ‘You’re wrong, Justin.’ He said, ‘Nope, we have no trade deficit.’ I said, ‘Well, in that case, I feel differently,’ I said, ‘but I don’t believe it.’ I sent one of our guys out, his guy, my guy, they went out, I said, ‘Check, because I can’t believe it.’

‘Well, sir, you’re actually right. We have no deficit, but that doesn’t include energy and timber. … And when you do, we lose $17 billion a year.’ It’s incredible.”

Not very fun, but making up facts that one presents as truth is a form of lying.

RE: Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can! - pbrower2a - 03-16-2018

[Image: 0ee06ef4248b2c2560fb7db653b3b8eeae08ab40_1_496x500.jpg]

RE: Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can! - pbrower2a - 03-17-2018

Interesting cartoon:

[Image: 340b8cc6bfa4cfd3189d7139aa23ae714a8da984...=600&h=412]

RE: Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can! - Eric the Green - 03-21-2018

ha ha!

Ralph Peters Rips Fox News, Quits

Tuesday, 20 Mar 2018 09:28 PM

Veteran Fox News analyst, retired Lt. Col. Ralph Peters is reportedly leaving the network — accusing it of fueling paranoia and serving as a "propaganda machine" for the Trump administration.

"In my view, Fox has degenerated from providing a legitimate and much-needed outlet for conservative voices to a mere propaganda machine for a destructive and ethically ruinous administration," Peters wrote in a farewell note sent to his Fox colleagues Tuesday, The New York Times reported, saying it obtained a copy of the note.

"Four decades ago, I took an oath as a newly commissioned officer. I swore to 'support and defend the Constitution,' and that oath did not expire when I took off my uniform. Today, I feel that Fox News is assaulting our constitutional order and the rule of law, while fostering corrosive and unjustified paranoia among viewers," the note stated.

"Over my decade with Fox, I long was proud of the association. Now, I am ashamed."

Peters wrote Fox News' prime-time anchors "dismiss facts and empirical reality to launch profoundly dishonest assaults on the FBI, the Justice Department, the courts, the intelligence community (in which I served) and, not least, a model public servant and genuine war hero such as Robert Mueller."

"I cannot be part of the same organization, even at a remove," he wrote.

Fox News responded it was "extremely proud" of its hosts "and all of our opinion programming," and "Ralph Peters is entitled to his opinion despite the fact that he's choosing to use it as a weapon in order to gain attention."

In an email interview with the Times, Peters said his letter had been "intended for internal consumption," adding: "I am not trying to grandstand. Fox was good to me for many years."

He told the Times he told Fox News on March 1 he did not plan to renew his contract, which expires near the end of this month, because "as a retired military officer, I simply could not continue with Fox in good conscience."

Read Newsmax Article: Ralph Peters Rips Fox News, Quits | Newsmax.com

RE: Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can! - pbrower2a - 03-31-2018

Another cartoon:

[Image: b6e3421a98908e017ca4e2ad33547d946309eddc...=600&h=521]

RE: Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can! - gabrielle - 05-06-2018

No mention here of Michelle Wolf's infamous and hilarious speech last week?

RE: Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can! - Classic-Xer - 05-06-2018

(05-06-2018, 11:07 AM)gabrielle Wrote:

What? Another blue taking advantage of a free opportunity that was given to them to take a few cheap shots at the president and some major cheap shots at defenseless woman couldn't do much of anything other than sit there, try to control her emotions, keep her composer and remain professional because that's here job. Yeah, it's easy doing stuff like that to a woman like that but it's not viewed as nice by DECENT WOMEN. Blues have to be careful, EVERYONE is free today to vote as they now please for whatever reason or whatever issue matters to them regardless of your gender or fucking skin tone. Me, I would have treated her like a man. Blue women don't like being treated like a man. Blue women just prefer the benefits associated with being a man and the pay associated with being a man. What are blue women going to do when red women begin dominating women's politics and start treating them like men? You do know, Republican America is raising a generation of women right now with no support from government or special rules and protections that favor them.

RE: Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can! - Eric the Green - 05-07-2018

(05-06-2018, 04:54 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote:

What? Another blue taking advantage of a free opportunity that was given to them to take a few cheap shots at the president and some major cheap shots at defenseless woman couldn't do much of anything other than sit there, try to control her emotions, keep her composer and remain professional because that's here job. Yeah, it's easy doing stuff like that to a woman like that but it's not viewed as nice by DECENT WOMEN. Blues have to be careful, EVERYONE is free today to vote as they now please for whatever reason or whatever issue matters to them regardless of your gender or fucking skin tone. Me, I would have treated her like a man. Blue women don't like being treated like a man. Blue women just prefer the benefits associated with being a man and the pay associated with being a man. What are blue women going to do when red women begin dominating women's politics and start treating them like men? You do know, Republican America is raising a generation of women right now with no support from government or special rules and protections that favor them.

Thanks gabrielle; yes quite an interesting feminine takedown of the Trumpists, including the infamous joke about Sarah Huckabee Sanders that unfortunately was both hard to hear, and hard for some of us guys to make sense of.

Of course, conservatives like our Classic Xer may defend the target of that supposed (but rather too involved) "joke," but there really wasn't that much there to be offended about, compared to the gross lies told daily by Sarah in the most blatantly-bully-like tone of voice and facial expression, and crying out for even worse satire than it got from Ms Wolf. Classic Xer trots out the same old lines about blues being weak because they are dependent on government, but I'm not sure blue women are as weak as he says, having had the courage to break up glass ceilings and harassments and get attention and recognition, while red women cower underneath the thumbs of the red men and their repressive and gun-toting ways. I dunno Classic Xer, there may be equal girl-power strength on the blue side as on the "self-reliant" (but submissive to male power) red side.

RE: Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can! - gabrielle - 05-07-2018

(05-06-2018, 11:07 AM)gabrielle Wrote: No mention here of Michelle Wolf's infamous and hilarious speech last week?

If by “treating her like a man,” you mean treating a woman as an equal intellectually and holding her to the same moral standards that you would a man, then I am all for it--doesn't matter if she is “blue,” “red” or whatever color. Sarah Huckabee Sanders does not get a free pass because she is a woman. If she lies, she can expect to be called a liar. And if you invite a comedian the White House Correspondent's dinner, you can expect to get made fun of.

RE: Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can! - gabrielle - 05-07-2018

(05-07-2018, 01:20 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: Thanks gabrielle; yes quite an interesting feminine takedown of the Trumpists, including the infamous joke about Sarah Huckabee Sanders that unfortunately was both hard to hear, and hard for some of us guys to make sense of.
Was that the makeup reference or the Margaret Atwood reference?

RE: Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can! - Eric the Green - 05-07-2018

(05-07-2018, 09:46 PM)gabrielle Wrote:
(05-07-2018, 01:20 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: Thanks gabrielle; yes quite an interesting feminine takedown of the Trumpists, including the infamous joke about Sarah Huckabee Sanders that unfortunately was both hard to hear, and hard for some of us guys to make sense of.

The make-up.

But then, I didn't get the other two jokes either. Beyond my experience. I don't keep up much with pop media of any kind these days.

(05-07-2018, 10:05 PM)Eric the Green Wrote:
(05-07-2018, 09:46 PM)gabrielle Wrote:

The make-up.

But then, I didn't get the other two jokes either. Beyond my experience. I don't keep up much with pop media of any kind these days.

"I actually really like Sarah. I think she’s very resourceful. She burns facts, and then she uses that ash to create a perfect smoky eye. Like maybe she’s born with it, maybe it’s lies. It’s probably lies."
[Image: perfect_smokey_eyes_set.jpg]

"Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline."  --old ad slogan

[Image: sarah-huckabee-750x.jpg]

"We are graced with Sarah’s presence tonight. I have to say I’m a little star-struck. I love you as Aunt Lydia in The Handmaid’s Tale. Mike Pence, if you haven’t seen it, you would love it."

Handmaid's Tale is a Margaret Atwood novel written in the 80s about a future dystopia in which human fertility rates have severely declined and the US government has been overthrown by a fundamentalist Christian dictatorship.  The few fertile young women are trained by the "aunts" to be "handmaids" to couples in the elite class.  There is currently a TV series based upon it.

RE: Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can! - pbrower2a - 05-07-2018

What? Another blue taking advantage of a free opportunity that was given to them to take a few cheap shots at the president and some major cheap shots at defenseless woman couldn't do much of anything other than sit there, try to control her emotions, keep her composer (composure -- PB) and remain professional because that's here job.

Free opportunity? She apparently earned it, and doing it badly could wreck her career. Cheap shots at the President? In view of his dubious achievements he is a brittle target for those cheap shots, especially since he was in Washington Township, Macomb County, Michigan so that he could have a pliable audience instead of being roasted. Such shows the singular lack of humor of this President, a man who takes his ego too seriously and treats the sensibilities of others as trivialities. He deserves the sort of skewering that the late Don Rickles gave Hollywood stars excessively full of themselves; that skewering reminded them that they, generally people too rich and influential for their own good, that they are terribly-flawed people irrespective of their achievements. Defenseless woman? The lies of Sarah Huckabee Sanders on behalf of an inveterate liar holding onto an office for which he is completely unsuited are indefensible. When you tell the truth you can expect fewer challenges to your emotional state and you will find that maintaining your composure is easier.

Quote:Yeah, it's easy doing stuff like that to a woman like that but it's not viewed as nice by DECENT WOMEN.

Sure, her comedic tirade was vulgar and often sarcastic, as if men never had the prerogative of vulgarity and sarcasm. Watch your double standard! Donald Trump is ideally suited to vulgar sarcasm because of his vulgarity and his nastiness. Being nice to him without giving in to him is not good for getting anything. Donald Trump is one of those my-way-or-the-highway sorts of leaders, much like the typical despot or dictator and to an extent unlike any President in the last century at the least. The Presidency is most effective when the President is able to get something for something, which explains how Reagan was recognized as effective even by those who disliked his agenda.

Quote:Blues have to be careful, EVERYONE is free today to vote as they now please for whatever reason or whatever issue matters to them regardless of your gender or(expletive deleted)  skin tone.

It is up to all politicians, Trump included, to give people reasons to vote for them. Insulting practivally everyone with an above-average IQ is not good for winning the next election.

Quote:Me, I would have treated her like a man. Blue women don't like being treated like a man. Blue women just prefer the benefits associated with being a man and the pay associated with being a man.

Comedy, once largely a male preserve (Fanny Brice being the apparent female pioneer), has never been an easy activity. Failure in it has always been one slip of the tongue away. Intellectually it is a high-risk dare with excellent rewards for spectacular success in entertainment but little room for mediocrity. Not only must one crack a joke, but the joke must be germane to reality... and of course funny without being so profound as to be pedantic.

Michelle Wolf was funny. If she hurt your feelings because she skewered your political idol -- then that is your problem and not mine. I thought that her routine was funny and apropos about the Trump administration. For me that is what counts.  

Quote:What are blue women going to do when red women begin dominating women's politics and start treating them like men? You do know, Republican America is raising a generation of women right now with no support from government or special rules and protections that favor them.

Republican women now have more influence in Congress and most state legislatures. The best description of the Trump Administration is basically a liberal-free zone. But note well -- some of those Republican women are raising Democrats who expect no special breaks for being female or Democrats.

RE: Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can! - Eric the Green - 05-23-2018

Finding witches. Ka-ching for Drump in China! What the FBI does. Trump's new reality show. An event so unimportant even the Russians aren't fixing it!

RE: Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can! - gabrielle - 07-05-2018

secondcivilwarletters

RE: Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can! - Classic-Xer - 07-06-2018

(05-07-2018, 09:34 PM)gabrielle Wrote:
(05-06-2018, 11:07 AM)gabrielle Wrote: No mention here of Michelle Wolf's infamous and hilarious speech last week?

If by “treating her like a man,” you mean treating a woman as an equal intellectually and holding her to the same moral standards that you would a man, then I am all for it--doesn't matter if she is “blue,” “red” or whatever color. Sarah Huckabee Sanders does not get a free pass because she is a woman. If she lies, she can expect to be called a liar. And if you invite a comedian the White House Correspondent's dinner, you can expect to get made fun of.
I meant treat her like a man as in no holds barred as far as emotions go. Over a decade ago, a large group of liberals picked a fight with a conservative who wasn't afraid to come down in morality and defeat them at their own game. The result of that direct all out confrontation "no holds barred" was the lack of decent liberals that you see here. BTW, you are seeing it being done today by Donald Trump.