Generational Theory Forum: The Fourth Turning Forum: A message board discussing generations and the Strauss Howe generational theory
Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can! - Printable Version

+- Generational Theory Forum: The Fourth Turning Forum: A message board discussing generations and the Strauss Howe generational theory (http://generational-theory.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Fourth Turning Forums (http://generational-theory.com/forum/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Current Events (http://generational-theory.com/forum/forum-34.html)
+---- Forum: General Political Discussion (http://generational-theory.com/forum/forum-15.html)
+---- Thread: Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can! (/thread-158.html)

RE: Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can! - pbrower2a - 10-02-2018

(10-01-2018, 08:43 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote:
(10-01-2018, 07:44 AM)pbrower2a Wrote: I think that I am very good about not posting what I do not know without saying that something is on  the fringe of my knowledge. It is my opinion that Kavanaugh is a problem drinker because whole in the confirmation process he said "I still like beer". I know and have known alcoholics, and unless one is in the booze business, is an anti-alcohol crusader, or in an activity related to the treatment or study of alcohol or its effects (including law enforcement)... people who talk about their alcohol consumption in incongruous and inappropriate situations usually is a problem drinker. There are things that one can say at a job interview that will keep you from getting a job, and discussing one's heavy drinking is one of them.

OK, I enjoy a good beer, and I can tell you that the best beer that I have ever had is an import from somewhere in central Europe... having one of those was on a bucket list of things to do before I die or, worse, end up permanently incarcerated in a nursing home. Many of those things are travel destinations that seem to be drifting away... and Las Vegas and Walt Disney World are not on them. Getting luxuries that simply show that one has the means in which to waste money is not on them. New York City and Yellowstone National Park are still on my list. Still, I prefer to attend events in which getting drunk is not a reasonable expectation. Drunkenness often brings out the worst in people, although I can say about myself that one drink dissolves my anxiety that goes with Asperger's syndrome.  

He claimed he still likes beer and you've claimed that you enjoy a good beer too. What's wrong with what was said by either one of you in America today? Are you a problem drinker just by saying/admitting that to me in public? So, it's all about drinking now. Liberals are clever and manipulative little beasts but unfortunately we are just as clever and a lot more cunning. We'll have to see how this pans out for the liberals now that the FBI's involved and free to check out/ investigate the validity of Dr Fords claims and accusations. You see, this is now a serious national matter which will require further investigation into the allegations and the character and the history of Dr. Ford as well.

Let's put it this way -- I get more out of alcohol than it gets out of me. But I don't get drunk. I can go several weeks without drinking and not miss the drink. I can predict the effects of alcohol on me, and I don't want to get drunk. I don't get drunk. One drink is enough. My second drink is often water. I drink more herbal tea than alcoholic beverages. (I am simply surprised that people don't have mixed drinks with herbal tea... rooibos with vodka, anyone? Maybe I could be an innovative bartender.

The beer and wine that I enjoy on occasion is simply to good to get drunk on. Problem drinkers don't care how much they spend on intoxicating liquors so long as they get an alcoholic haze quickly. Are they unable to deal with reality?

Drunkenness on the job, where it happens, is a big problem. Whether the drunk operates a machine, does medicine, or practices law in any form (including as judge), intoxication gets bad results. At the least, drunkenness numbs  inhibitions and dissolves a conscience. We all know what a BAC higher than about 0.05 can do for someone driving a car. Most employers preclude drinking on the job, and for good reason.

We will see what the FBI investigation finds out. The FBI is very good at checking out stories of personal misconduct, clearing innocent people and exposing culpable people to the legal process.

Brett Kavanaugh sounds like an alcoholic. I know the language of alcoholics at various levels of occupational and educational success. Yes, people can deal with alcoholism, and AA is very good. Mercifully I have not needed AA.

RE: Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can! - Classic-Xer - 10-02-2018

(10-02-2018, 07:42 AM)pbrower2a Wrote: Let's put it this way -- I get more out of alcohol than it gets out of me. But I don't get drunk. I can go several weeks without drinking and not miss the drink. I can predict the effects of alcohol on me, and I don't want to get drunk. I don't get drunk. One drink  is enough. My second drink is often water. I drink more herbal tea than alcoholic beverages. (I am simply surprised that people don't have mixed drinks with herbal tea... rooibos with vodka, anyone? Maybe I could be an innovative bartender.

The beer and wine that I enjoy on occasion is simply to good to get drunk on. Problem drinkers don't care how much they spend on intoxicating liquors so long as they get an alcoholic haze quickly. Are they unable to deal with reality?

Drunkenness on the job, where it happens, is a big problem. Whether the drunk operates a machine, does medicine, or practices law in any form (including as judge), intoxication gets bad results. At the least, drunkenness numbs  inhibitions and dissolves a conscience. We all know what a BAX higher than about 0.05 can do for someone driving a car. Most employers preclude drinking on the job, and for good reason.

We will see what the FBI investigation finds out. The FBI is very good at checking out stories of personal misconduct, clearing innocent people and exposing culpable people to the legal process.

Brett Kavanaugh sounds like an alcoholic. I know the language of alcoholics at various levels of occupational and educational success. Yes, people can deal with alcoholism, and AA is very good. Mercifully I have not needed AA.
He doesn't seem like an alcoholic to me. I'm pretty familiar with the signs and knowledgeable about matters pertaining to their way of life as well.

RE: Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can! - Classic-Xer - 10-02-2018

(09-29-2018, 08:02 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: I predict Cory Booker won't win the nomination. He has a low 6-7 score. I once thought it was higher, but me knowing his birthtime revised his score. A low score means only that he would not appeal enough to Americans to be elected president. Many people look to him as another Obama. But Obama's score is 19-2. Booker is a bit over-the-top sometimes.

There is nothing to hate in him though, among those who can see truth and justice. I doubt he could win a physical brawl with the old football Brat, although it might be a close call, but I guess reds like Classic Xer thinks that is some sort of determining factor. I guess he thinks we should set up a brawl to determine who sits in the oval office. Well, I know one guy with an 11-2 or better score who offered one. ha ha!

He wasn't much of a football player at the college level, he lacks leadership qualities and leadership skills and he's not much of an important politician either. You know what I would do, I'd fuck around with him and taunt him and show him some displays arrogance while continually showing him signs of someone who isn't afraid of him, someone isn't impressed by his appearance or his intelligence A self absorbed pansy ass like Spartacus wouldn't stand a chance against a confidant and knowledgeable opponent who doesn't seem to give shit about his pretty boy appearance, his fancy title that was most likely handed to him or the obvious color of his precious skin. Now, I'm not an ugly man or a man that doesn't have a keen sense of humor or a yes man or a concerned man who refuses to get down and dirty with a beloved liberal in public.

RE: Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can! - pbrower2a - 10-02-2018

(10-02-2018, 05:47 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote:
(09-29-2018, 08:02 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: I predict Cory Booker won't win the nomination. He has a low 6-7 score. I once thought it was higher, but me knowing his birthtime revised his score. A low score means only that he would not appeal enough to Americans to be elected president. Many people look to him as another Obama. But Obama's score is 19-2. Booker is a bit over-the-top sometimes.

There is nothing to hate in him though, among those who can see truth and justice. I doubt he could win a physical brawl with the old football Brat, although it might be a close call, but I guess reds like Classic Xer thinks that is some sort of determining factor. I guess he thinks we should set up a brawl to determine who sits in the oval office. Well, I know one guy with an 11-2 or better score who offered one. ha ha!

He wasn't much of a football player at the college level, he lacks leadership qualities and leadership skills and he's not much of an important politician either. You know what I would do, I'd (vile word redacted) around with him and taunt him and show him some displays arrogance while continually showing him signs of someone who isn't afraid of him, someone isn't impressed by his appearance or his intelligence A self absorbed pansy ass like Spartacus wouldn't stand a chance against a confidant and knowledgeable opponent who doesn't seem to give shit about his pretty boy appearance, his fancy title that was most likely handed to him or the obvious color of his precious skin. Now, I'm not an ugly man or a man that doesn't have a keen sense of humor or a yes man or a concerned man who refuses to get down and dirty with a beloved liberal in public.

1, His football career means practically nothing.

2. He was Mayor if one of the toughest cities in America (Newark, New Jersey), which counts for more than Indianapolis (Richard Lugar) and Cleveland (the late George Voinovich) of two former Republican Senators who I thought uniquely qualified to be President.

3. You would run into bodyguards who would get you arrested for disorderly conduct or worse.

4. Barack Obama is very much an intelligent person. Smart people come up with solutions to big problems when they get the chance.

5. Barack Obama demonstrates that in the wake of a disastrous Presidency, skin color of the successor matters little.

6. Think again.

(10-02-2018, 06:13 PM)pbrower2a Wrote:
(10-02-2018, 05:47 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote:

He wasn't much of a football player at the college level, he lacks leadership qualities and leadership skills and he's not much of an important politician either. You know what I would do, I'd (vile word redacted) around with him and taunt him and show him some displays arrogance while continually showing him signs of someone who isn't afraid of him, someone isn't impressed by his appearance or his intelligence A self absorbed pansy ass like Spartacus wouldn't stand a chance against a confidant and knowledgeable opponent who doesn't seem to give shit about his pretty boy appearance, his fancy title that was most likely handed to him or the obvious color of his precious skin. Now, I'm not an ugly man or a man that doesn't have a keen sense of humor or a yes man or a concerned man who refuses to get down and dirty with a beloved liberal in public.

1, His football career means practically nothing.

2. He was Mayor if one of the toughest cities in America (Newark, New Jersey), which counts for more than Indianapolis (Richard Lugar) and Cleveland (the late George Voinovich) of two former Republican Senators who I thought uniquely qualified to be President.

3. You would run into bodyguards who would get you arrested for disorderly conduct or worse.

4. Barack Obama is very much an intelligent person. Smart people come up with solutions to big problems when they get the chance.

5. Barack Obama demonstrates that in the wake of a disastrous Presidency, skin color matters little.

6. Think again.
Yes, his football career is meaningless considering he couldn't make it in college football and dropped out of football. Oh yes, your beloved Obama. your savior so to speak. Yes, he's the best black President that we've ever had in office so far.

RE: Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can! - Eric the Green - 10-03-2018

We'd better start talking about the candidates who can actually win. Cory Booker is not one of those.

RE: Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can! - Eric the Green - 10-03-2018

A rare moment of honest self-reflection, and a glimpse at his love life.

RE: Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can! - Eric the Green - 10-04-2018

Trump's new favorite word. He learned it while negotiating with Mexico!

RE: Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can! - Classic-Xer - 10-04-2018

(10-04-2018, 02:41 AM)Eric the Green Wrote: Trump's new favorite word. He learned it while negotiating with Mexico!

I think you guys really need to start paying attention to what the blues do, what blues say about other people, how blues act, what blues seem to believe and seem to support or seem willing to support and so forth. BTW, your fellow blue looks pretty loco and seems pretty loco to me. But then again, what do I know about blues, I've only been posting with them and tangling with them for about 15 years and observing them politically and watching/ directly experiencing their favored methods are being put to use for political gain for almost 30 years.  Dude, what would I have to do to wipe that smirk off his face. Would I have to get rough with him or just show him signs (the eyes and the look and the obvious demeanor) of a man who ain't there to take shot from some liberal pup, who ain't there for shits and giggles, who ain't there for fun and ain't there to play childish games with adult age liberals, who ain't there to please uppity liberal and liberal cheerleaders.

RE: Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can! - Eric the Green - 10-04-2018

Classic Xer, I know you think this blue guy is a smirky, giggly little pup who couldn't take rough stuff from rednecks, and I understand why you say that, but he's at the top of his game now and lays out the Kavanaugh travesty as well as anyone around today. And in fact, as hard as it might be to believe, Seth has a great appeal to Americans, as much as Obama if he ran for president. So I'm posting another closer look. And it turns out from Seth's report, there's a red state senator who better fits Classic Xer's bill of someone easy to rough up.

RE: Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can! - pbrower2a - 10-05-2018

(10-04-2018, 06:48 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote:
(10-04-2018, 02:41 AM)Eric the Green Wrote: Trump's new favorite word. He learned it while negotiating with Mexico!

I think you guys really need to start paying attention to what the blues do, what blues say about other people, how blues act, what blues seem to believe and seem to support or seem willing to support and so forth. BTW, your fellow blue looks pretty loco and seems pretty loco to me. But then again, what do I know about blues, I've only been posting with them and tangling with them for about 15 years and observing them politically and watching/ directly experiencing their favored methods are being put to use for political gain for almost 30 years.  Dude, what would I have to do to wipe that smirk off his face. Would I have to get rough with him or just show him signs (the eyes and the look and the obvious demeanor) of a man who ain't there to take shot from some liberal pup, who ain't there for shits and giggles, who ain't there for fun and ain't there to play childish games with adult age liberals, who ain't there to please uppity liberal and liberal cheerleaders.

"Blue" America is far more diverse than "Red" America in ethnicity, religion, and culture. It is also far more creative. Do we "Blues" have some crazy people among us? Sure.

Do we have some rogues and outright crooks? Sure.

I look at where the biggest growth sector for the American economy is, and that sector is intellectual property. Some of America's biggest exporters are not really manufacturing companies -- Disney, Warner Brothers, CBS/Paramount/Viacom, NBC-Comcast-Universal, FoX' entertainment division, and the American subsidiary of Sony/Columbia. So let us say that Warner makes a hugely-successful movie for an American audience... if it is successful in Baltimore, it is probably also successful in Bangalore. Today Warner needs not even manufacture a film reel or a compact disc for supplying the movie to a movie in either Berlin, New Hampshire or Berlin, Germany; Warner can supply the movie electronically and collect proceeds much the same way.  A big hit in Birmingham, Alabama as music is likely also a big hit in Birmingham, England.

This creativity is happening largely in "Blue" America. Sure, Detroit is a dump, largely because of the recession of the automobile industry as a share of the American economy. Well, think about it... you don't see many three-car garages, do you? Detroit is a big part of the music industry, reflecting that Detroit was the first large city with a large blue-collar, middle-income, black population that had such talent as the late Aretha Franklin or could attract Michael Jackson. Motown has its successors. Rural Michigan is about as Red politically as rural Texas...but Greater Detroit is as Blue as any large urban area.

The record industry typically has offices in Nashville -- but that is for the oxymoron "urban country". (The genre used to be known as "Country and  western:", but it is more heavily associated with the South than the West. Call country music 'hick' if you wish, but know well that Nashville is no hick town. Nashville is going Blue. Austin is another center for the genre. Call Austin a hick town, and if you are in Texas you will be laughed at. Austin is very blue, too.

Book publishing has long had its nerve center in New York City. Do you want to be involved in creative writing even if all you do is index non-fiction books? You are likely headed to New York. Donald Trump is highly unpopular in New York.

"Hollywood" has been a by-word for the production of cinema since the Silent era. Greater Los Angeles is Blue. Special effects? Industrial Light and Magic is in Marin County, California. Blue. The most successful studio for animation is Pixar, having its center in Emeryville, California. That is near the excellent University of California and the excellent Stanford University. It is also close to Silicon Valley, as Pixar is one of the biggest users of sophisticated technology in America. The San Francisco Bay Area is a veritable paradise unless one has to pay rent there.

To be sure, rural America has good K-12 education, and`even for getting to college that matters greatly. It might be more efficient to pump money into K-12 education than into colleges and universities, but our economy depends upon making everything as expensive as possible for the consumer.

Acdaemia? All of the great state and public universities except perhaps Brigham  Young University are in "Blue" areas. This applies to the Ivy League, well-renowned private colleges outside of New England, and the "Public Ivies". Sure, Indiana is Red -- but South Bend (a dump except for Notre Dame). West Lafayette (home of Purdue University) and Bloomington (home of the University of Indiana) are liberal havens. They are also very diverse places.

The creative talent of America finds its way to where the other creative people are, and that is not farm-and-ranch country in Nebraska. If one is artistically or technologically creative but lives in rural Nebraska, then he either does something brainy but not creative pr likely leaves Nebraska. K-12 education is very good in Nebraska, and it is what prepares people well for Silicon Valley.  (Getting away from the fire-and-ice climates of Nebraska is another incentive).

Oh, by the way, Classic X'er -- your observations of human behavior are usually far off reality due to a focus upon physical strength and bluster. You do bring some perverse sense of humor. People are laughing at you, and not with you.

RE: Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can! - linus - 10-07-2018

I think that in one sense fourth turnings are a referendum on Catholicism, which as William F Buckley used to say, is conservatism. I still believe this one ends, like the Glorious Revolution, with both feet in the future. You can't go back to Reaganism. You can't go back to the Restoration. Progressive values, which in this case are Protestant ones, will win. That it all just now turns out what happened 30-some years ago at an elite Catholic school makes it feel all the more prescient.

RE: Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can! - pbrower2a - 10-07-2018

It may be undue cynicism on my part, but when it comes to American politics, I dread that we are here:

Cabaret is but the overture to one of the greatest nightmares to have ever happened.

RE: Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can! - Eric the Green - 10-08-2018

Do Democrats want power? Conservatives get to run America, and liberals get to ruin their dinner?

Schlitz Kavanaugh, the face of red America.

RE: Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can! - pbrower2a - 10-10-2018

https://twitter.com/Stop_Trump20/status/1049829387686871041/photo/1

RE: Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can! - pbrower2a - 10-10-2018

Psalms are not usually mockery, but evil in the form of deceit deserves mockery.

Translated by and for those who have the most knowledge of this literature.  Psalm 52. We all know who it fits -- any pathological liar, including the current President and his intimate advisors, themselves fools:

Quote:1For the Leader. Maschil of David;2when Doeg the Edomite came and told Saul, and said unto him: ‘David is come to the house of Ahimelech.’

3Why boastest thou thyself of evil, O mighty man?
The mercy of God endureth continually.
4Thy tongue deviseth destruction;
Like a sharp razor, working deceitfully.
5Thou lovest evil more than good;
Falsehood rather than speaking righteousness.
Selah
6Thou lovest all devouring words,
The deceitful tongue.
7God will likewise break thee for ever,
He will take thee up, and pluck thee out of thy tent,
And root thee out of the land of the living.
Selah

8The righteous also shall see, and fear,
And shall laugh at him:
9‘Lo, this is the man that made not God his stronghold;
But trusted in the abundance of his riches,
And strengthened himself in his wickedness.’
10But as for me, I am like a leafy olive-tree in the house of God;
I trust in the mercy of God for ever and ever.
11I will give Thee thanks for ever, because Thou hast done it;
And I will wait for Thy name, for it is good, in the presence of Thy saints.

THE HOLY SCRIPTURES
ACCORDING TO THE MASORETIC TEXT
A NEW TRANSLATION

Jewish Publication Society

[Image: Transmitlies.jpeg]

RE: Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can! - Eric the Green - 11-03-2018

Thanks to the Lord that we in American have a tradition of political humor. Without it we are Red China or North Korea or Syria.

Trump makes stuff up to lure in gullible people. A wall of people!

RE: Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can! - Bill the Piper - 11-04-2018

The irony is that Trump supporters like to view themselves as "tough men" and their opponents as "snowflakes" (leftists) or "globalist cucks" (neo-cons).

But are REAL tough men afraid of 1500 poor people marching through Mexico? By real men I mean not 2010s "gamers", who sit in their mum's basement and read some retarded National Bolshevik/Neoreactionary stuff during rare moments when they don't masturbate to Internet porn:

[Image: nrxer.jpg]

I'm thinking about truly masculine warrior types like Sinbad:

[Image: f91980bd2befc67cc0f8df39c45861a2.jpg]

Would Sinbad vote for Trump? No, he wouldn't even waste time to kick his senile fat arse.

RE: Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can! - pbrower2a - 11-21-2018

[Image: get?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.democracynow.o...=800&h=371]

RE: Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can! - pbrower2a - 11-23-2018

[Image: 5f9d2b6ab8bee5b7a5a841468345fb0f2eb58a6e...=800&h=842]