Generational Theory Forum: The Fourth Turning Forum: A message board discussing generations and the Strauss Howe generational theory
Joe Biden: polls of approval and favorability - Printable Version

+- Generational Theory Forum: The Fourth Turning Forum: A message board discussing generations and the Strauss Howe generational theory (http://generational-theory.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Fourth Turning Forums (http://generational-theory.com/forum/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Current Events (http://generational-theory.com/forum/forum-34.html)
+---- Forum: General Political Discussion (http://generational-theory.com/forum/forum-15.html)
+---- Thread: Joe Biden: polls of approval and favorability (/thread-19275.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

RE: Joe Biden: polls of approval and favorability - Eric the Green - 01-28-2022

The Lord looks after fools, drunks, and the United States. There is a Providence that protects idiots, drunkards, children and the United States of America. A special Providence takes care of fools, drunkards, and the United States. God always looks after the fools and the United States.

“God has a special providence for fools, drunkards, and the United States of America.”

― Otto von Bismarck

God help us. We don't seem to be able to.

https://www.goodreads.com/quotes/95610-god-has-a-special-providence-for-fools-drunkards-and-the

RE: Joe Biden: polls of approval and favorability - Eric the Green - 01-28-2022

Polling Data
Poll Date Sample Approve Disapprove Spread
RCP Average 1/3 - 1/27 -- 40.9 54.6 -13.7
Reuters/Ipsos 1/26 - 1/27 1002 A 45 50 -5
Rasmussen Reports 1/25 - 1/27 1500 LV 41 57 -16
Economist/YouGov 1/22 - 1/25 1249 RV 41 51 -10
Monmouth 1/20 - 1/24 735 RV 38 55 -17
Insider Advantage 1/21 - 1/23 850 LV 40 59 -19
Politico/Morning Consult 1/22 - 1/23 2005 RV 42 55 -13
Harvard-Harris 1/19 - 1/20 1815 RV 39 53 -14
FOX News 1/16 - 1/19 1001 RV 47 52 -5
NBC News 1/14 - 1/18 790 RV 44 54 -10
Trafalgar Group ® 1/12 - 1/15 1083 LV 39 59 -20
Quinnipiac 1/7 - 1/10 1178 RV 35 54 -19
Gallup 1/3 - 1/16 811 A 40 56 -16

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/other/president-biden-job-approval-7320.html

RE: Joe Biden: polls of approval and favorability - Classic-Xer - 02-02-2022

(01-28-2022, 03:01 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: You are right. The country is going your way. I don't think there's anything worth saving in America at this point. Any country that prefers Trump over Biden is over the edge and totally sick. You seem to think we are concerned about what will happen to us personally-- which you guys will do to us. What does it matter? The whole of humanity is going down the drain. What difference does it make if a few liberals like us survive or not. We are ALL going down, thanks to you guys.

Windmills cause cancer! Hillary Clinton murders children!

https://youtu.be/hDXJ9OUco04?t=2240

What? A morsel of truth coming from the mouth of a dogmatic Liberal who spreads lies and senseless Liberal propaganda for a living. As far as Us, we won't the ones killing you. I mean, what's the difference if a few of Them (you) manage to survive or not at this point. We'll be content with leaving that task to the killers/ruthless criminals/racist(indoctrinated) blue tribes that senseless Liberal policies tend to either create, attract, support and reward these days. BTW, there's lots of good people, lot's of good and lots of truth about the country that's worth protecting/ saving/defending. Unfortunately, you ain't one of Us. So, how many of Us have you and the others lost association with and lost the support of over the years? I don't see any genuinely good/nice/honest/peaceful people posting around here. Do you see any around here these days?

(01-28-2022, 03:01 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: The Lord looks after fools, drunks, and the United States. There is a Providence that protects idiots, drunkards, children and the United States of America. A special Providence takes care of fools, drunkards, and the United States. God always looks after the fools and the United States.

“God has a special providence for fools, drunkards, and the United States of America.”

― Otto von Bismarck

https://www.goodreads.com/quotes/95610-god-has-a-special-providence-for-fools-drunkards-and-the
As I recall, the mighty Bismarck was crippled and sunk during World War II. You need a miracle but now you're resorting to insulting God instead.

RE: Joe Biden: polls of approval and favorability - Eric the Green - 02-02-2022

(02-02-2022, 06:08 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote:
(01-28-2022, 03:01 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: The Lord looks after fools, drunks, and the United States. There is a Providence that protects idiots, drunkards, children and the United States of America. A special Providence takes care of fools, drunkards, and the United States. God always looks after the fools and the United States.

― Otto von Bismarck

As I recall, the mighty Bismarck was crippled and sunk during World War II. You need a miracle but now you're resorting to insulting God instead.

No, it's an insult to your "America"

(02-02-2022, 06:41 PM)Eric the Green Wrote:

― Otto von Bismarck

Dude, the majority of the country can read and understand what you say these days. I see that you are still trying to deny the obvious. How is that working out these days? On a lighter note, what do you think about Whoopi Goldberg's obvious fuck up the other day? Do you think she'll be fired like anyone else or do you think the Liberal double standard created to protect racist dip shits like her will apply instead?

“We live in a wondrous time, in which the strong is weak because of his scruples and the weak grows strong because of his audacity.”
― Otto von Bismarck

RE: Joe Biden: polls of approval and favorability - David Horn - 02-03-2022

(02-02-2022, 05:50 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote: What? A morsel of truth coming from the mouth of a dogmatic Liberal who spreads lies and senseless Liberal propaganda for a living. As far as Us, we won't the ones killing you. I mean, what's the difference if a few of Them (you) manage to survive or not at this point. We'll be content with leaving that task to the killers/ruthless criminals/racist(indoctrinated) blue tribes that senseless Liberal policies tend to either create, attract, support and reward these days. BTW, there's lots of good people, lot's of good and lots of truth about the country that's worth protecting/ saving/defending. Unfortunately, you ain't one of Us. So, how many of Us have you and the others lost association with and lost the support of over the years? I don't see any genuinely good/nice/honest/peaceful people posting around here. Do you see any around here  these days?

Hint: we're not the ones armed to the teeth, nor are we the ones asking when we can bring out the guns either. There is already bloodshed; almost none from our camp but plenty from yours. I expect the past to be prologue.

RE: Joe Biden: polls of approval and favorability - Eric the Green - 02-03-2022

(02-02-2022, 11:03 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote:

― Otto von Bismarck

Dude, the majority of the country can read and understand what you say these days. I see that you are still trying to deny the obvious. How is that working out these days? On a lighter note, what do you think about Whoopi Goldberg's obvious fuck up the other day? Do you think she'll be fired like anyone else or do you think the Liberal double standard created to protect racist dip shits like her will apply instead?

“We live in a wondrous time, in which the strong is weak because of his scruples and the weak grows strong because of his audacity.”
― Otto von Bismarck

Wow, where did you get that one? Perfect description of the Democrats versus Trump and his Party. Meanwhile, the other quote I posted also applies in the same way. You guys are the drunkards and the fools. Your side of America. You claim that you understand this. Do you? Then why did you say I was insulting God?

Whoopie was suspended for 2 weeks, but I think mostly undeserved. She corrected herself; she is no racist. I don't know why she made that slip in her thought. It's easy to be confused over just what the Jews are. Are they a religion, since anyone can convert and be one, or are they a race that has held together since fleeing or being expelled from their homeland 2000 years ago? Are they a race because those who hate them call them an inferior race? Clearly, Hitler was a racist who used social darwinism to claim that the Jews should not survive in the battle for survival of the fittest race. Whoopie seemed to forget this history, and that is a bit amazing.

RE: Joe Biden: polls of approval and favorability - Eric the Green - 02-03-2022

Polling Data
Poll Date Sample Approve Disapprove Spread
RCP Average 1/19 - 2/2 -- 41.6 53.9 -12.3
Rasmussen Reports 1/31 - 2/2 1500 LV 41 57 -16
Economist/YouGov 1/29 - 2/1 1273 RV 45 49 -4
Politico/Morning Consult 1/28 - 1/30 2005 RV 43 54 -11
Reuters/Ipsos 1/26 - 1/27 1002 A 45 50 -5
Monmouth 1/20 - 1/24 735 RV 38 55 -17
Insider Advantage 1/21 - 1/23 850 LV 40 59 -19
Harvard-Harris 1/19 - 1/20 1815 RV 39 53 -14

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/other/president-biden-job-approval-7320.html

RE: Joe Biden: polls of approval and favorability - pbrower2a - 02-03-2022

(02-03-2022, 01:03 PM)Eric the Green Wrote:

― Otto von Bismarck

― Otto von Bismarck

Wow, where did you get that one? Perfect description of the Democrats versus Trump and his Party. Meanwhile, the other quote I posted also applies in the same way. You guys are the drunkards and the fools. Your side of America. You claim that you understand this. Do you? Then why did you say I was insulting God?

I was once asked what I thought was the greatest vulnerability of the Axis Powers. It wasn't the lack of some economic resource such as oil. It was not incompetent generalship unless one ascribes such to leaders who wasted early strengths and the power of surprise. It was not finances or even technology. It was not manpower. Those were important, but it was clear that such weaknesses as the Axis Powers had had a more basic cause. 

In one word.... atrocities. The criminal syndicates that ruled Germany and Japan acted without conscience and could never win the peace. Just to have any chance to have some hope of personal dignity, occupied peoples needed to resist. The fascists could never win the peace, which the Americans and British, and to a lesser extent the Soviets (who were much more duplicitous) could do. A German soldier unfortunate enough to die in Stalingrad had to watch his back from the 1938 border with Poland all the way to Stalingrad. An American or British soldier was infinitely safer until facing combat, and occupation duty was practically R&R. The only partisans that the British and Americans were likely to meet were sympathetic partisans that welcomed them when overtaken. American and British (not to mention other Allied forces) were seen as liberators in Italy. 

Let's start with the Holocaust, one of the most infamous crimes of public policy that any State has ever done. Destroying a people who on the Other Side provided excellent scientists, engineers, administrators, and entrepreneurs was a supreme blunder as well as a horrific and inexcusable crime.  I need go no further. With the Japanese.. the Japanese showed beyond any doubt that European and American colonialism was obsolete. Evidence to that effect was that the Dutch could not reclaim the pre-war Dutch East Indies, that the British abandoned the "Jewel of the Crown" within two years of the armistice with Japan, and that the USA was already planning to give independence to the Philippines even before the Japanese conquest. Somehow the French thought that they could resume power in Indochina, which proved a costly enterprise. 

Quote:Whoopie was suspended for 2 weeks, but I think mostly undeserved. She corrected herself; she is no racist. I don't know why she made that slip in her thought. It's easy to be confused over just what the Jews are. Are they a religion, since anyone can convert and be one, or are they a race that has held together since fleeing or being expelled from their homeland 2000 years ago? Are they a race because those who hate them call them an inferior race? Clearly, Hitler was a racist who used social darwinism to claim that the Jews should not survive in the battle for survival of the fittest race. Whoopie seemed to forget this history, and that is a bit amazing.

If that is what it takes to get the story straight, then such is a sort of vacation. Judaism is a religion with some cultural traditions attached. In view of the different people who have adopted Judaism, there is no Jewish race. 

It may be ironic, but I come from an antisemitic family, and the more that I heard about the Jews and checked out such against the reality of genuine Jews, the better Judaism looks to me. I fit several Jewish stereotypes. and I have had some heated arguments over the Web with neo-Nazis. I have told those creeps that if I had to choose between being a Nazi scum and an ordinary Jew I would be a Jew because such would compromise neither my cultural no ethical beliefs. Nazism is gross immorality that eviscerates Christian ethics and bowdlerizes German culture. Felix Mendelssohn is as German as one gets.

RE: Joe Biden: polls of approval and favorability - Eric the Green - 03-03-2022

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/biden-approval-rating/
52.9 dissapprove
41.6 approve

RE: Joe Biden: polls of approval and favorability - David Horn - 03-06-2022

(03-03-2022, 01:06 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/biden-approval-rating/
52.9 disapprove
41.6 approve

Ukraine may be the fulcrum to a change lever, since the GOP stupidly sided against the country and with Putin.  I think that verbal dynamic is nearing its end, even for that group of RW stalwarts.  Will anything change overnight? No, of course not, but it will over time.

RE: Joe Biden: polls of approval and favorability - Classic-Xer - 03-06-2022

(03-06-2022, 09:51 AM)David Horn Wrote:
(03-03-2022, 01:06 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/biden-approval-rating/
52.9 disapprove
41.6 approve

Ukraine may be the fulcrum to a change lever, since the GOP stupidly sided against the country and with Putin.  I think that verbal dynamic is nearing its end, even for that group of RW stalwarts.  Will anything change overnight? No, of course not, but it will over time.

You still believe in the Russian collusion thingy that the Clinton campaign concocted and the Left Wing media advanced despite it being completely debunked by federal authorities. You better be careful about what say about Us and what you claim and promote/ elude to as the truth these days. You don't want to wake up some day to the reality that your wealth and government benefits being significantly reduced or eliminated and your access to markets and the goods that you need being severely limited or removed as a new American nation is being reborn so to speak. We are going to do it, the only question is how soon and judging by the current state that we are in with a government that doesn't seem to understand where it's priorities should be and what it should be focusing on at all times, I'd say its going to be sooner than later and sooner than expected for those who know what coming who are trying to delay/drag it out and continue to milk it as much as possible for as long as possible. The idea of guillotines and third world violence aka mob violence probably seems pretty scary to those who don't own private jets or direct access to them these days. Time's not on your side these days. As a matter of fact, time is running out on the Left which is why the Left is doing so much crazy shit and going along with crazy shit these days.

RE: Joe Biden: polls of approval and favorability - Classic-Xer - 03-06-2022

(02-03-2022, 01:03 PM)Eric the Green Wrote:

― Otto von Bismarck

― Otto von Bismarck

Whoopie was suspended for 2 weeks, but I think mostly undeserved. She corrected herself; she is no racist. I don't know why she made that slip in her thought. It's easy to be confused over just what the Jews are. Are they a religion, since anyone can convert and be one, or are they a race that has held together since fleeing or being expelled from their homeland 2000 years ago? Are they a race because those who hate them call them an inferior race? Clearly, Hitler was a racist who used social darwinism to claim that the Jews should not survive in the battle for survival of the fittest race. Whoopie seemed to forget this history, and that is a bit amazing.
She said race had nothing to do with Hitler or the Holocaust and associated the Jews with other Whites. She views things in terms of Black vs White like every one like her in the country today. She better look around and begin to see all the people living in the country whose skin isn't the same color as hers and come to the realization that she only represent a few people who still think like her today. You all better come that realization because America is about to let go of you and leave you all behind for whoever wants you or the land that you end up with after the national split. For country's to succeed, prosper and grow, country's have to be on the same page and share/hold common beliefs and core values that are relevant and recognized by all it citizens. We don't have that situation today.

RE: Joe Biden: polls of approval and favorability - pbrower2a - 03-07-2022

(03-06-2022, 05:23 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote:
52.9 disapprove
41.6 approve

You still believe in the Russian collusion thingy that the Clinton campaign concocted and the Left Wing media advanced despite it being completely debunked by federal authorities.

I can speak only for my experience. I campaigned actively for Hillary Clinton in Michigan in 2016, and I can attest that some screwy stuff was happening with the database that we Democrats were using, and as a result our electioneering was messed up. Statistical results suggested cheating or at least dirty tricks by the Other Side -- but nothing that we can prove. Trump's people, whether in Michigan or Russia, got away with it. We could do nothing to stop the accession of a horrible person (admit it -- Donald Trump is a horrible person and that he was unfit intellectually, emotionally, and morally to be President!) to the Presidency. We did what we could, winning the House in 2018 and both the Presidency and the Senate in 2020.

Trump came close to winning, and had he won he would have been the fourth consecutive President to win re-election in alternating parties. Treat the elder Bush as an anomaly as four more years of much the same as his predecessor and voters tired of that after twelve years instead of eight, and we have five consecutive non-successor Presidents (that now goes back to Reagan) getting re-elected. Incumbency is an asset if one is good or at the least gets away with his errors.

Trump almost got away with what was a highly-dysfunctional Presidency. His "my-way-or-the-highway" style as an administrator and politician is fine for dealing with tenants who balk at hikes of rent (you are supposed to be thankful that your landlord raised your rent only 30% when he could have gotten away with 35%!) or question the merit of a schlocky game show. It does not work with the Presidency. He did little to win marginal voters on the Other Side in 2020.

...so how can you justify the Capitol Putsch?

Quote:You better be careful about what say about Us and what you claim and promote/ elude to as the truth these days. You don't want to wake up some day to the reality that your wealth and government benefits being significantly reduced or eliminated and your access to markets and the goods that you need being severely limited or removed as a new American nation is being reborn so to speak.

That sounds much like a cornerstone of fascism -- palingenic ultra-nationalism: the idea that contemporary life can be restored to some old glory that will never be restored except with some violent re-birth that destroys what the Leader despises. It's often some appeal to a more bucolic, simple, and homogeneous past of 'old wisdom' as opposed to modern depravity. Giant cities, with their great diversity of people and modern ideas are a Sodom and Gomorrah to be purged of wayward thinkers and obstreperous minorities. Instead there will be lockstep obedience and a glorification of some romanticized tradition whose faults were apparent some time ago.

Quote:We are going to do it, the only question is how soon and judging by the current state that we are in with a government that doesn't seem to understand where it's priorities should be and what it should be focusing on at all times, I'd say its going to be sooner than later and sooner than expected for those who know what coming who are trying to delay/drag it out and continue to milk it as much as possible for as long as possible. The idea of guillotines and third world violence aka mob violence probably seems pretty scary to those who don't own private jets or direct access to them these days. Time's not on your side these days. As a matter of fact, time is running out on the Left which is why the Left is doing so much crazy shit and going along with crazy shit  these days.

No you will not. Americans will do what they always have done, picking and choosing from others' traditions (as in cuisine and music). People of all ethnic origins and religious traditions can recognize the necessity of Constitutional protections. We have courts of law and not lynch mobs. We have big and small media -- some of the 'small' media having limited but devoted audiences. Most of us recognize the necessity of law and order... just because one hates LGBT people does not mean that one can reliably get away with beating them up.

If anything, time long ago ran out on your ideal.

RE: Joe Biden: polls of approval and favorability - Eric the Green - 03-07-2022

It is so strange to hear reactionaries like Classic Xer saying time is running out for us liberals, and that their time is coming, when it HAS already been THEIR time for 41 years, and liberals in the USA rarely get more than a year or two and then are consigned to virtual powerlessness for the following 12-14 years or more. And even this time, during the Biden presidency so far, I don't think liberals can even say that their time has come again yet. What Classic Xer and their ilk threaten is just same o same o for more and more years.

RE: Joe Biden: polls of approval and favorability - Bob Butler 54 - 03-07-2022

(03-07-2022, 07:40 AM)Eric the Green Wrote: It is so strange to hear reactionaries like Classic Xer saying time is running out for us liberals, and that their time is coming, when it HAS already been THEIR time for 41 years, and liberals in the USA rarely get more than a year or two and then are consigned to virtual powerlessness for the following 12-14 years or more. And even this time, during the Biden presidency so far, I don't think liberals can even say that their time has come again yet. What Classic Xer and their ilk threaten is just same o same o for more and more years.

Which is essentially not solve the problems of the time.  No Covid cure.  More prejudice.  Trump supporting Putin's invasion.  Let the planet rot.

Well, the last great crisis has essentially passed from living memory.  The difference is we are trying to end crisis wars instead of having them periodically.  Thus, we are trying to end the Ukraine crisis with sanctions rather than bullets, albeit with more than a little proxy war and perhaps insurgent war.  Some live still in the Industrial Age, and expect the crisis to take a familiar form.  Not so clear.

RE: Joe Biden: polls of approval and favorability - Classic-Xer - 03-07-2022

(03-07-2022, 08:56 AM)Bob Butler 54 Wrote:
(03-07-2022, 07:40 AM)Eric the Green Wrote: It is so strange to hear reactionaries like Classic Xer saying time is running out for us liberals, and that their time is coming, when it HAS already been THEIR time for 41 years, and liberals in the USA rarely get more than a year or two and then are consigned to virtual powerlessness for the following 12-14 years or more. And even this time, during the Biden presidency so far, I don't think liberals can even say that their time has come again yet. What Classic Xer and their ilk threaten is just same o same o for more and more years.

Which is essentially not solve the problems of the time.  No Covid cure.  More prejudice.  Trump supporting Putin's invasion.  Let the planet rot.

Well, the last great crisis has essentially passed from living memory.  The difference is we are trying to end crisis wars instead of having them periodically.  Thus, we are trying to end the Ukraine crisis with sanctions rather than bullets, albeit with more than a little proxy war and perhaps insurgent war.  Some live still in the Industrial Age, and expect the crisis to take a familiar form.  Not so clear.
Are sanctions stopping the shelling of civilian neighborhoods and the on going devastation occurring in Ukraine? Are sanctions stopping Russian troops from advancing and being supplied? Are sanctions stopping millions of women and children and elderly people from fleeing the barbaric carnage in Ukraine? Talk is cheap dud. Talking accomplished nothing in advance. Talking is accomplishing nothing to improve the condition on the ground now either. Talking and threatening sanctions and appeasing Putin in advance didn't stop Putin from invading Ukraine and now they're not stopping Putin from killing thousands of civilians, destroying thousands of homes and destroying necessary infrastructure and preventing delivery of humanitarian supplies that are necessary to sustain human life. Other than Heaven or some remote Hippy commune or your ivory tower, where do you and your silly worldview belong now?

I saw a smudge on Biden's forehead the other night which made me ask, what kind of a Christian Biden is? I mean, what kind of a Christian would make a deal with a devil and do business with a devil and suck up to a devil and try to appease a devil and believe a blessing is all that's needed to make those sins go away. Yes, I've been saying the Left's days are numbered and you've been disagreeing with me as usual despite the fact that the polls are showing it and the initial actions being taken by American states are showing it too. As I've said before many times over the years, oil and water don't mix and non productive (unhealthy) relationships come to an end. This is where most of the country is at today.

RE: Joe Biden: polls of approval and favorability - David Horn - 03-07-2022

(03-06-2022, 05:23 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote:
52.9 disapprove
41.6 approve

You still believe in the Russian collusion thingy that the Clinton campaign concocted and the Left Wing media advanced despite it being completely debunked by federal authorities. You better be careful about what say about Us and what you claim and promote/ elude to as the truth these days. You don't want to wake up some day to the reality that your wealth and government benefits being significantly reduced or eliminated and your access to markets and the goods that you need being severely limited or removed as a new American nation is being reborn so to speak. We are going to do it, the only question is how soon and judging by the current state that we are in with a government that doesn't seem to understand where it's priorities should be and what it should be focusing on at all times, I'd say its going to be sooner than later and sooner than expected for those who know what coming who are trying to delay/drag it out and continue to milk it as much as possible for as long as possible. The idea of guillotines and third world violence aka mob violence probably seems pretty scary to those who don't own private jets or direct access to them these days. Time's not on your side these days. As a matter of fact, time is running out on the Left which is why the Left is doing so much crazy shit and going along with crazy shit  these days.

Yeah, wave that AmeriKKKan flag!  But keep in mind, people like Tucker Carlson and Laura Ingram are already trying to untie the knot they bound themselves in, and you might be best served by getting ahead of that wave.  So, to reiterate:
  • No one is talking about Russian collusion, not because it never happened, but because it's too hard to explain to Joe Six-pack.  Extortion, fully documented by recorded phone calls, on the other hand, is pretty easy.
  • Your Birth of a Nation thesis is getting less and less likely by the day.  No one is rushing to fortify the southern border anymore -- not even the Texans. I hold no hope for anything beyond talk and chest-thumping, because your pseudo-patriots just don't have it in them. The few who do can't stand the ground for the rest of you.

RE: Joe Biden: polls of approval and favorability - Classic-Xer - 03-07-2022

You're the Left Wing Reactionary, I'm an American and you better start getting that straight in that silly mind of yours because the clock is ticking downwards and fate has already been placed in your hands so to speak. In short, if you want to die/self destruct, we'll be happy to oblige and help speed up the process.