Generational Theory Forum: The Fourth Turning Forum: A message board discussing generations and the Strauss Howe generational theory
Introducing our new moderator - Printable Version

+- Generational Theory Forum: The Fourth Turning Forum: A message board discussing generations and the Strauss Howe generational theory (http://generational-theory.com/forum)
+-- Forum: About the Forums (http://generational-theory.com/forum/forum-23.html)
+--- Forum: Announcements (http://generational-theory.com/forum/forum-26.html)
+--- Thread: Introducing our new moderator (/thread-4603.html)

Introducing our new moderator - Webmaster - 01-23-2018

Ragnarök_62 was kindly agreed to serve as a moderator.  I'd like to thank him for his service.

RE: Introducing our new moderator - pbrower2a - 01-23-2018

Thank you, Ragnarok, for doing a thankless task.

RE: Introducing our new moderator - David Horn - 01-23-2018

PBR said it; I can only agree heartily. Best of luck whipping us into shape.

RE: Introducing our new moderator - tg63 - 01-23-2018

and on behalf of all the lurkers, thanks!

RE: Introducing our new moderator - Eric the Green - 01-29-2018

We still don't have any moderating going on

RE: Introducing our new moderator - pbrower2a - 01-29-2018

(01-29-2018, 07:24 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: We still don't have any moderating going on

There was someone offering illegal downloads of recent-release movies. The threads including those offerings, including my response (which included the FBI anti-piracy logo and an explanation of why movie piracy is terribly wrong and needless) have disappeared. So there is some moderation.

RE: Introducing our new moderator - Warren Dew - 01-29-2018

Thanks, Ragnarok.

Eric, the better the moderator, the less you know the site is being moderated.

RE: Introducing our new moderator - Classic-Xer - 01-30-2018

Wow. We're going to have a cool moderator.

RE: Introducing our new moderator - Eric the Green - 01-30-2018

(01-29-2018, 11:42 PM)Warren Dew Wrote: Thanks, Ragnarok.

Yes, but maybe it's OK with you that a dogmatic libertarian posts so many threads that the forum becomes unreadable.

RE: Introducing our new moderator - Eric the Green - 01-30-2018

(01-29-2018, 10:31 PM)pbrower2a Wrote:
(01-29-2018, 07:24 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: We still don't have any moderating going on

There was someone offering illegal downloads of recent-release movies. The threads including those offerings, including my response (which included the FBI anti-piracy logo and an explanation of why movie piracy is terribly wrong and needless) have disappeared. So there is some moderation.

I suppose I could flag some of what has not been taken down and see what happens.

RE: Introducing our new moderator - Ragnarök_62 - 01-30-2018

(01-30-2018, 02:42 PM)Eric the Green Wrote:

Yes, but maybe it's OK with you that a dogmatic libertarian posts so many threads that the forum becomes unreadable.

nebraska's stuff is prolific, but none of it is "spam" in the sense of selling shit.  If you want it to go away, use the ignore.  It's there for a reason.

RE: Introducing our new moderator - Eric the Green - 01-31-2018

(01-30-2018, 04:11 PM)Ragnarök_62 Wrote:

nebraska's stuff is prolific, but none of it is "spam" in the sense of selling shit.  If you want it to go away, use the ignore.  It's there for a reason.

He's on my ignore list. It doesn't get rid of his prolific threads.

Quote (classic Xer):
My advice to Ragnarok, limit this dudes posts to only a few posts per day.
Quote (brower)
Or better yet, ban his naked links. At least he could give us some cause to read his links, such as excerpts. Yes, I have posted new threads that have gone nowhere, but at the least I offer some excerpts or commentary. He does not seem to respond to any thread that someone else created. He can post a link, so he can cut and paste.

Thanks for removing the movie ads. Good to have some moderation.

RE: Introducing our new moderator - Eric the Green - 01-31-2018

It is quite common on forums to ban posters who use multiple ID names to get around bans and rules. Scholar = nebraska = 1948 and maybe Mabel.

RE: Introducing our new moderator - bobc - 02-01-2018

I like the idea of an online community with a variety of political opinions allowed. There are many of only one approved opinion.

RE: Introducing our new moderator - Eric the Green - 02-02-2018

(02-01-2018, 11:06 PM)bobc Wrote:

I like the idea of an online community with a variety of political opinions allowed. There are many of only one approved opinion.

No disagreement there.

RE: Introducing our new moderator - Eric the Green - 02-02-2018

(01-31-2018, 02:13 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: It is quite common on forums to ban posters who use multiple ID names to get around bans and rules. Scholar = nebraska = 1948 and maybe Mabel.

And now he is going by "theory"

RE: Introducing our new moderator - tg63 - 02-05-2018

just an opinion - I agree with a rather lenient attitude, but one thing that irks me are posts that have no content other than a link - and I'm seeing more of these lately; that's not contributing at all to a discussion, it's just lazy. or worse, dangerous, as there's no way to know what is at that the other end of that link.

RE: Introducing our new moderator - Eric the Green - 02-05-2018

(02-05-2018, 12:27 PM)tg63 Wrote: just an opinion - I agree with a rather lenient attitude, but one thing that irks me are posts that have no content other than a link - and I'm seeing more of these lately;  that's not contributing at all to a discussion, it's just lazy.  or worse, dangerous, as there's no way to know what is at that the other end of that link.

It's being done by one person, who goes by "nom" "nebraska" "1948" "theory" etc.

RE: Introducing our new moderator - Anthony '58 - 08-14-2019

Awesome choice (he's a Baby Buster).

Congratulations, Rags!

RE: Introducing our new moderator - Eric the Green - 10-28-2020

Where is our moderator?