Generational Theory Forum: The Fourth Turning Forum: A message board discussing generations and the Strauss Howe generational theory
Trump Trainwreck - Ongoing diary of betrayal and evil - Printable Version

+- Generational Theory Forum: The Fourth Turning Forum: A message board discussing generations and the Strauss Howe generational theory (http://generational-theory.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Fourth Turning Forums (http://generational-theory.com/forum/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Current Events (http://generational-theory.com/forum/forum-34.html)
+---- Forum: General Political Discussion (http://generational-theory.com/forum/forum-15.html)
+---- Thread: Trump Trainwreck - Ongoing diary of betrayal and evil (/thread-551.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45

RE: Trump Trainwreck - Ongoing diary of betrayal and evil - David Horn - 09-14-2017

(09-13-2017, 10:33 PM)Bob Butler 54 Wrote: And now, two new deals between Trump and the Democrats...  DACA and border security.  Interesting.  Before the Birther feud with Obama, Trump was a Democrat at heart.  How much is he still?  What did he get trying to work with the Republican Congress?

One deal could be Trump being Trump.  Three?

It's too soon to leap to conclusions, but one might want to keep eyes opened.

Trump is a pragmatic narcissist.  That's not really a political position, but Trump isn't really political.  As far as I can tell, Trump's in it solely for the fame and the money.  Beyond that, he likes to pontificate and be flattered.  Being right is unimportant; winning is all that counts.

RE: Trump Trainwreck - Ongoing diary of betrayal and evil - Ragnarök_62 - 09-14-2017

(09-14-2017, 11:18 AM)Eric the Green Wrote:
(09-13-2017, 05:31 PM)Ragnarök_62 Wrote:
(09-12-2017, 09:49 AM)Eric the Green Wrote:
(09-11-2017, 05:55 PM)Ragnarök_62 Wrote:
(09-11-2017, 11:58 AM)Eric the Green Wrote: It's hard to believe that Breitbart and the alt right are not in league with big money and corruption. All their policies and appointments support them, including the dismantling of the administrative state which is set up to protect the people from them. "Populist" does not describe the alt right. The media has mis-applied that term to them. There is a split, but it appears to be between those who are willing to compromise with common sense and decency (the establishment wing) and those who are not (the alt right and the mis-named "freedom caucus").

Uh, dunno about that Eric.  Election 2016 was like choosing between arsenic and lead.
Establishment?  Eh, no.  New boss, same as the old boss when "establishment" folks of any feather are around.
Wrt administrative state, I can see lots of things I'd like to take a wrecking ball. 
{NSA,Dept. of Education,etc. } I think there's like 7 spook agencies.  Just need 2.
FBI - spooks for domestic stuff.
CIA - spooks for international stuff. Cool 

<snip emoticons>

And remember what the DNC offered up.  Icky.   Big Grin Oh, the illustrator left off something.

Polls are there, but no trolls.  Whadda about the trolls!

Hillary would have been so much better, of course. No comparison. Her policies were mostly correct. But, Hillary has a lower horoscope score than Trump. Translation: her personality was not quite electable. The excuses were correct, but then, making excuses is not exactly appealing to folks like you.

Sorry, but the Breitbart/Bannon/Trump phony populists are not targeting the aspects of the admin state you don't like. They are only eliminating those aspects of the admin state that protect the people from the pigs like Trump and Bannon. There is no silver lining in the right wing; they have no interests in mind except their own.

Uh, you find no humor with the cartoon.  Well .... OK, I guess I have another moral failing amongst my vices then.
Or... How about using it as an illustrated guide to this .

And... one may find out what covfefe means
So I slightly disagree. So maybe she's born under a bad sign.

No humor, no. But maybe forward it to Seth and see what he says.

Scorpio is often considered a bad sign. We know she's typical: determined, and resentful if not vengeful. The lady reeks of Scorpio. Of course, no sign is really bad; just different.

Covfefe is Drump's word for coffee. I guess he didn't drink enough before his infamous tweet.

OK, got it. Scorpio, a good a reason as any, I suppose.
Drump:  I have a theory for this as well.  Imagine Hurricane Donald as an analogy. Hurricane Donald made landfall in Washington DC and caused lots of destruction and chaos. With the knowledge that DC was once swampland, everyone thought Hurricane Donald would yeah, destroy shit, but the swamp would get drained. There was a temporary prelandfall swamp draining as Hurricane Donald is a large and very windy Hurricane. 
And so it was, swamp was drained! .  Alas, it wasn't to be, the ensuing storm surge and heavy rains made for a larger swamp. Big Grin

And so it goes. [url= https://www.littlethings.com/hurricane-harvey-alligators/] Know your alligators, cause they're washed up in cabinet positions. [/url]

Btw, what's up with this eclipses portend disasters?  Could be strange, but true.

RE: Trump Trainwreck - Ongoing diary of betrayal and evil - Eric the Green - 09-16-2017

They do, and they happened.

I wondered if the eclipse would spell doom for Trump too, since it happened on his Ascendant and Mars. So far, he has done OK with his disasters. He learned the lesson of Bush and Katrina. What happens forward is uncertain. He could be flipping to the Democrats for a while, or he could be really sideswiped by Mueller and the Russia investigation soon. The eclipse spotlighted him, so we'll see. And his country. It was the American eclipse, since it was seen nowhere else but in the USA, and all across the land. The most-viewed eclipse ever (including by me). And in ancient astrology, the king's chart was the country's chart. Trump is Leo the Lion King, and he is being eclipsed by the solar eclipse in his rising sign.

RE: Trump Trainwreck - Ongoing diary of betrayal and evil - pbrower2a - 09-16-2017

I went past a Republican Party booth at a local harvest festival (apples)... and I noticed no mention of Donald Trump. It seems that he may be getting toxic for the GOP in rural areas. The ultimate example of an obnoxious, offensive city slicker?

RE: Trump Trainwreck - Ongoing diary of betrayal and evil - Eric the Green - 09-17-2017

The Mother of All Rallies was interesting. It seems Mommy kinda fell flat. They called for a million people, were expecting 20,000, and they probably got less than 500. They even invited a Black Lives Matter demonstrator to speak, and someone else spoke encouraging Trump to accept DACA, according to a report I heard. Others gathered nearby to tell Trump that "we're not PUTIN up" with Russian interference in our elections. Although racist militiamen showed up, attendees were encouraged to leave white supremacy signs in their cars, and the rally was advertised as open to all colors who want to show their support for America and President Trump. But the rally was upstaged by a pro-civil rights group of hip-hop clowns, who don't like themselves or their "Juggalo" fans being branded by the FBI as a gang.

http://wjla.com/news/nation-world/live-pro-trump-group-holds-mother-of-all-rallies-in-dc
https://www.bustle.com/p/how-many-people-attended-the-mother-of-all-rallies-it-fell-far-short-of-its-goal-2367743
http://metro.co.uk/2017/09/16/trump-supporters-mother-of-all-rallies-was-a-massive-failure-6933422/

RE: Trump Trainwreck - Ongoing diary of betrayal and evil - pbrower2a - 09-22-2017

The 2003 Detroit Tigers got more people watching their mostly-putrid games (43-119) than does Donald Trump in his celebrations of himself.
It gets worse.

Paul Man-o'-Fraud has been exposed for aiding in some anti-American demonstrations by a pro-Russian political party to interfere with American Marines trying to set up some infrastructure in Ukraine.

In 2006. Dubya was President.

RE: Trump Trainwreck - Ongoing diary of betrayal and evil - Bob Butler 54 - 09-27-2017

It seems to me that Trump is diving into another controversy.  It's the NFL now.  As an ordinary mortal, you can buy into the notion that there is no bad publicity.  You want to be in the public eye, the more the better.

As a politician, people usually choose their targets more carefully.

Still, careful has never been a strong point for Trump.

This one has been twisted by what gestures mean.  Between institutional hatred, lack of training and cheap military equipment, police culture is less than ideal.  I've always supported BLM's original message, though I haven't made it anything like a primary cause.

However, the gesture chosen has been converted in some people's mind from a gesture against the police to a gesture about the military and the nation.  Free speech is wonderful, but choosing to deliberately misconstrue what the other guy is saying is not free speech.

I guess that puts me with the players, but perhaps not for the usual reasons.

RE: Trump Trainwreck - Ongoing diary of betrayal and evil - pbrower2a - 09-27-2017

(09-27-2017, 06:03 PM)Bob Butler 54 Wrote: It seems to me that Trump is diving into another controversy.  It's the NFL now.  As an ordinary mortal, you can buy into the notion that there is no bad publicity.  You want to be in the public eye, the more the better.

Reckless, ruthless, amoral, selfish, arrogant, impulsive, spiteful... none of that fits a leader or manager. I wouldn't hire someone with those characteristics as an assistant manager for a convenience store.

Quote:This one has been twisted by what gestures mean.  Between institutional hatred, lack of training and cheap military equipment, police culture is less than ideal.  I've always supported BLM's original message, though I haven't made it anything like a primary cause.

You need the police. But giving the police military weapons is like giving a sports car to a 16-year-old who just got a driver's license. Maybe our educational system no longer exposes the potential leaders to the classic Greek tragedy in which an unready person gets power that he can't handle, goes too far, and destroys much including himself.

Quote:However, the gesture chosen has been converted in some people's mind from a gesture against the police to a gesture about the military and the nation.  Free speech is wonderful, but choosing to deliberately misconstrue what the other guy is saying is not free speech.

If I never presented loyalty to the personality of Barack Obama as a necessary attribute of loyalty to America, then I see justification in not seeing Donald Trump as the greatest thing to have ever happened to America, especially when the President acts in ways that I can see no other president behaving. I still have tests of logic and recognize objective reality as the definitive proof of... practically everything.

The same people who disparaged Barack Obama for differences from them expect the rest of us to give unqualified support to this terribly-flawed President. I see patterns that have turned tragic in other countries. But supporting Donald Trump means suspension of the usual judgments of ... just about everything.

Quote: I guess that puts me with the players, but perhaps not for the usual reasons.

Is life really worth the struggle?

RE: Trump Trainwreck - Ongoing diary of betrayal and evil - Bob Butler 54 - 09-27-2017

(09-27-2017, 08:30 PM)pbrower2a Wrote: Is life really worth the struggle?

I find it worth it. This web forum isn't exactly filled with 'normal' people though.

RE: Trump Trainwreck - Ongoing diary of betrayal and evil - Classic-Xer - 09-27-2017

(09-27-2017, 06:03 PM)Bob Butler 54 Wrote: It seems to me that Trump is diving into another controversy.  It's the NFL now.  As an ordinary mortal, you can buy into the notion that there is no bad publicity.  You want to be in the public eye, the more the better.

This one has been twisted by what gestures mean.  Between institutional hatred, lack of training and cheap military equipment, police culture is less than ideal.  I've always supported BLM's original message, though I haven't made it anything like a primary cause.

However, the gesture chosen has been converted in some people's mind from a gesture against the police to a gesture about the military and the nation.  Free speech is wonderful, but choosing to deliberately misconstrue what the other guy is saying is not free speech.

I wonder how many football fans paid attention to the football players who opted to continue their protest by kneeling during the National Anthem this year. BTW, I've never seen a billionaire pick on a group of billionaires/multi-millionaires like Trump did the other day.

RE: Trump Trainwreck - Ongoing diary of betrayal and evil - Ragnarök_62 - 09-27-2017

(09-27-2017, 09:56 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote:

I wonder how many football fans paid attention to the football players who opted to continue their protest by kneeling during the National Anthem this year.

How about how many people pay attention to football in general? I don't care about "futbahhl" <- "cornpone" pronunciation. Big Grin   I think the game which lasts like 2 hours is corn holed with 45 minutes of commercials, 30 minutes for half time, 15 minutes of misc. fluff like star spangled banner thingie, and yes, 15 minutes of actual game play.

(09-27-2017, 10:13 PM)Ragnarök_62 Wrote:

I wonder how many football fans paid attention to the football players who opted to continue their protest by kneeling during the National Anthem this year.

How about how many people pay attention to football in general? I don't care about "futbahhl" <- "cornpone" pronunciation. Big Grin   I think the game which lasts like 2 hours is corn holed with 45 minutes of commercials, 30 minutes for half time, 15 minutes of misc. fluff like star spangled banner thingie, and yes, 15 minutes of actual game play.

You can niggle the numbers a bit, but the gist is about right.  Quartz put out a summary.

Under the unlikely case that you care...

RE: Trump Trainwreck - Ongoing diary of betrayal and evil - Ragnarök_62 - 09-28-2017

(09-27-2017, 10:47 PM)Bob Butler 54 Wrote:
(09-27-2017, 10:13 PM)Ragnarök_62 Wrote:

You can niggle the numbers a bit, but the gist is about right.  Quartz put out a summary.

I looked... It's worse than I thought.  Game lasts 3 hours and 12 minutes was a shock.  This 17 minutes for replays?
Obviously sports casters are extraverts.  I'm sure they got more mouth time when they did their contracts.

RE: Trump Trainwreck - Ongoing diary of betrayal and evil - Bob Butler 54 - 09-29-2017

(09-28-2017, 12:39 AM)Ragnarök_62 Wrote:
(09-27-2017, 10:47 PM)Bob Butler 54 Wrote: You can niggle the numbers a bit, but the gist is about right.  Quartz put out a summary.

I looked... It's worse than I thought.  Game lasts 3 hours and 12 minutes was a shock.  This 17 minutes for replays?
Obviously sports casters are extroverts.  I'm sure they got more mouth time when they did their contracts.

The Sunday games are 1:00 and 4:30, so the length of the game didn't shock. It was the amount of it spent actually doing stuff.

Yes, sport casters are extroverts... I think their pay is based on their ability to keep spouting stuff to fill all that extra time. To be fair, most of it is meaningful stuff if you are into that sort of thing.

RE: Trump Trainwreck - Ongoing diary of betrayal and evil - Bob Butler 54 - 09-29-2017

And another one bites the dust. This time we have Tom Price, who is ready to fly private jets around on the public's dime.

Someday they will calculate how much Trump has spent on golf. How much per hole?

RE: Trump Trainwreck - Ongoing diary of betrayal and evil - pbrower2a - 09-30-2017

...and while President Nero fiddles his self-praise, people die in Puerto Rico because they aren't getting such necessities as fresh water, medical treatment, food, cooling (as for insulin)...

[Image: dvitli.jpg]

The mangled response to Hurricane Maria demonstrates how badly a Crisis War could go for America because a Crisis War can cause the breakdown  of modern infrastructure -- electricity, water supply, communications, banking, sanitation, and medicine. If you though Dubya's much-maligned response to Hurricane Katrina horrible, wait till you see this.  This hurricane has sent people relatively pampered by world averages back to the Stone Age. That's not like being transported from New York City to eastern Kentucky -- it is far worse. More like being transported to Warsaw in 1945. And I do not mean Warsaw, Indiana.

"And Puerto Rico is surrounded by a deep ocean", intones our President in a pedantic geography lesson as an excuse for his incompetence and insensitivity... Bullhist! The seas are the most efficient roads for transporting practically anything, and have been such since antiquity. It is cheaper to transport an automobile from Yokohama to San Francisco than to transport it from San Francisco to Salt Lake City.

...I expect the current Mayor of San Juan, Carmen Yulín Cruz, to be really nasty to President Trump... at the 2020 Democratic National Convention. She will need little prodding; an invitation will be all that it will take.

RE: Trump Trainwreck - Ongoing diary of betrayal and evil - Bob Butler 54 - 09-30-2017

(09-30-2017, 12:11 PM)pbrower2a Wrote: ...and while President Nero fiddles his self-praise, people die in Puerto Rico because they aren't getting such necessities as fresh water, medical treatment, food, cooling (as for insulin)...

A small but pertinent part of it is that the mayor is female.  You just know he isn't going to respond well.

RE: Trump Trainwreck - Ongoing diary of betrayal and evil - pbrower2a - 09-30-2017

(09-30-2017, 12:22 PM)Bob Butler 54 Wrote:
(09-30-2017, 12:11 PM)pbrower2a Wrote: ...and while President Nero fiddles his self-praise, people die in Puerto Rico because they aren't getting such necessities as fresh water, medical treatment, food, cooling (as for insulin)...

A small but pertinent part of it is that the mayor is female.  You just know he isn't going to respond well.

True. And he can't accept that women can be as intelligent, rational, imaginative, creative, and competent as the few men that he respects. Someone learned nothing from the feminist struggle. I can already predict that this mayor will be a star at the Democratic National Convention in 2020.

Also possible is that he does not respect 'swarthy' people like many Puerto Ricans. Maybe he learned some of the wrong lessons about human nature from his father, who was a member of a fascist organization (Triple-K) in the 1920s. Something like,

Psst... don't lease to people that you aren't sure are white. That might unsettle the tenants that you already have.

RE: Trump Trainwreck - Ongoing diary of betrayal and evil - Classic-Xer - 10-01-2017

Bob, if you are going to speak against stereotypes, you shouldn't be directly associated with them.

RE: Trump Trainwreck - Ongoing diary of betrayal and evil - Classic-Xer - 10-01-2017

(09-30-2017, 06:13 PM)pbrower2a Wrote:

True. And he can't accept that women can be as intelligent, rational, imaginative, creative, and competent as the few men that he respects. Someone learned nothing from the feminist struggle. I can already predict that this mayor will be a star at the Democratic National Convention in  2020.

Also possible is that he does not respect 'swarthy' people like many Puerto Ricans. Maybe he learned some of the wrong lessons about human nature from his father, who was a member of a fascist organization (Triple-K) in the 1920s.  Something like,

Psst... don't lease to people that you aren't sure are white. That might unsettle the tenants that you already have.
I'm sure he's aware that there are women in the world who are as intelligent, rational and competent as men in general. He may not view her and therefore treat her as being one of them. I assume that most female mayors are mayors because they're females. You're not going to get the best people/person by advancing a person/people based on their race, gender, popularity and their visual appearance (sexual appeal).