Generational Theory Forum: The Fourth Turning Forum: A message board discussing generations and the Strauss Howe generational theory
Reporting Posts - Printable Version

+- Generational Theory Forum: The Fourth Turning Forum: A message board discussing generations and the Strauss Howe generational theory (http://generational-theory.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Back Office (http://generational-theory.com/forum/forum-29.html)
+--- Forum: Testing Forum (http://generational-theory.com/forum/forum-30.html)
+--- Thread: Reporting Posts (/thread-591.html)

Reporting Posts - The Wonkette - 12-12-2016

I didn't know where to post this.  I've just started reporting posts that either insult someone (i.e. calling someone a grasshopper) or use insulting terms for groups of people (i.e. "libtard", "rethuglicans").

RE: Reporting Posts - pbrower2a - 12-12-2016

Thanks for the warning.

What's so bad about "grasshopper"?

"Libtard"? Sure. "Rethuglicans"? Those are bad.

Losers? If one is in the 48% of Americans who rejected Donald Trump one could very well be a loser because of the choices of a leadership capable of making life miserable for anyone who shows dissent with the Reactionary Party. Yes, it is reactionary.

We could soon be the sort of country in which we are expected to have a large image of the Great and Glorious Leader in every room but bathrooms (which would be disrespectful) if we want to be safe from harassment and job loss, in which case Forums like this might as well go down. We will still have freedom of speech -- so long as we discuss gardening, stamp collecting, recipes, music, ancient history, art...

RE: Reporting Posts - Warren Dew - 12-12-2016

Speaking of which, are posts which say "no scam" in the subject line reportable? Or other commercial posts?

RE: Reporting Posts - pbrower2a - 12-12-2016

(12-12-2016, 01:49 PM)Warren Dew Wrote: Speaking of which, are posts which say "no scam" in the subject line reportable?  Or other commercial posts?

Commercial messages such as "movers and shippers in Karachi" have always been recognized as spam prohibited on these Forums.

RE: Reporting Posts - Ragnarök_62 - 12-12-2016

(12-12-2016, 02:16 PM)pbrower2a Wrote:
(12-12-2016, 01:49 PM)Warren Dew Wrote: Speaking of which, are posts which say "no scam" in the subject line reportable?  Or other commercial posts?

Commercial messages such as "movers and shippers in Karachi" have always been recognized as spam prohibited on these Forums.

Moving companies in India also qualify.

RE: Reporting Posts - Warren Dew - 12-28-2016

Pretty sure "grasshopper" is  reference to the 1970s television series Kung Fu, even when those using it don't realize that.

RE: Reporting Posts - Bronsin - 12-29-2016

So now "grasshopper" is a trigger word? Some people are way too sensitive...............................................

RE: Reporting Posts - tg63 - 12-29-2016

(12-28-2016, 09:56 PM)Warren Dew Wrote: Pretty sure "grasshopper" is  reference to the 1970s television series Kung Fu, even when those using it don't realize that.

This was my take as well.  In that context, it's a bit condescending, but not any more than 90% of all posts on this board where people imply that they have access to the real truth.

RE: Reporting Posts - Warren Dew - 12-29-2016

I agree. It's highly patronizing, but not especially insulting; after all, grasshopper was the hero of the TV series.