Generational Theory Forum: The Fourth Turning Forum: A message board discussing generations and the Strauss Howe generational theory
E-People: Civic/Hero or Artist? - Printable Version

+- Generational Theory Forum: The Fourth Turning Forum: A message board discussing generations and the Strauss Howe generational theory (http://generational-theory.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Fourth Turning Forums (http://generational-theory.com/forum/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Generations (http://generational-theory.com/forum/forum-20.html)
+---- Forum: Homeland Generation/New Adaptive Generation (http://generational-theory.com/forum/forum-6.html)
+---- Thread: E-People: Civic/Hero or Artist? (/thread-6240.html)

E-People: Civic/Hero or Artist? - Ghost - 06-01-2020

When I mean e-people, I am referring to e-boys/e-girls.

I know it is kind of an exclusively Gen Z trend, as pretty much no one born in around 1997 and earlier got into the fad. But Gen Z isn't the same thing as Homelanders obviously.

The peak e-person is probably born in around 2002, which is generally seen as the last Civic/Hero year on this website.

RE: E-People: Civic/Hero or Artist? - Warren Dew - 06-01-2020

I'm pretty sure this is a zoomer thing now. If you think zoomers are adaptives, then that's what they are.

RE: E-People: Civic/Hero or Artist? - Blazkovitz - 06-02-2020

Zoomers are a cusp between pure Civic (Millennial) and pure artist (Homelander or what Pew calls gen Alpha)

RE: E-People: Civic/Hero or Artist? - Tim Randal Walker - 06-02-2020

What is this about?

RE: E-People: Civic/Hero or Artist? - Bob Butler 54 - 06-02-2020

The real issue seems to be a lack of good names for the new generations. Is it because nobody has done much?

RE: E-People: Civic/Hero or Artist? - Warren Dew - 06-02-2020

(06-02-2020, 07:39 AM)Tim Randal Walker Wrote: What is this about?

If you ddg "e person" or "eboy" or "egirl", you'll learn more than you ever wanted.

RE: E-People: Civic/Hero or Artist? - pbrower2a - 06-03-2020

(06-02-2020, 09:51 AM)Bob Butler 54 Wrote: The real issue seems to be a lack of good names for the new generations.  Is it because nobody has done much?

Howe and Strauss originally suggested "New Silent" for kids born in the early part of the 21st century and "New Boom" for kids born toward the conclusion of the Crisis of 2020 and later.

RE: E-People: Civic/Hero or Artist? - LPDec63 - 06-03-2020

They'll come up with a name eventually. Gen X was known as "Baby Busters" until we were well into our 20's. I heard one joking name for the New Silents as "Coronialls".

RE: E-People: Civic/Hero or Artist? - Bob Butler 54 - 06-04-2020

(06-03-2020, 09:35 AM)LPDec63 Wrote: They'll come up with a name eventually.  Gen X was known as "Baby Busters" until we were well into our 20's.  I heard one joking name for the New Silents as "Coronialls".

Survivors?  At least they get credit for doing something?  We boomers got named because there were a lot of us, not for protesting during the awakening.

RE: E-People: Civic/Hero or Artist? - David Horn - 06-04-2020

(06-04-2020, 12:08 AM)Bob Butler 54 Wrote:
(06-03-2020, 09:35 AM)LPDec63 Wrote: They'll come up with a name eventually.  Gen X was known as "Baby Busters" until we were well into our 20's.  I heard one joking name for the New Silents as "Coronialls".

Survivors?  At least they get credit for doing something?  We boomers got named because there were a lot of us, not for protesting during the awakening.

We could be all Biblical, and apply: "As they act, so shall we know them".  It's how the Silents got their gen name, and the next gen needing a name is their direct replacement.  Adaptives tend to much less flashy than any of the other three gens, so perhaps that's fitting.

RE: E-People: Civic/Hero or Artist? - LPDec63 - 06-04-2020

(06-04-2020, 12:08 AM)Bob Butler 54 Wrote:

I always thought you guys got the name because you BOOM a lot.  And it's also a great contrast with the Silents that you followed.  But also, yes you were part of a baby boom.

RE: E-People: Civic/Hero or Artist? - Blazkovitz - 06-05-2020

(06-02-2020, 11:04 AM)Warren Dew Wrote: If you ddg "e person" or "eboy" or "egirl", you'll learn more than you ever wanted.

I said emo will come back Tongue

LPDec63 Wrote:They'll come up with a name eventually. Gen X was known as "Baby Busters" until we were well into our 20's. I heard one joking name for the New Silents as "Coronialls".

Coronials is a fun name, it could stick.