Generational Theory Forum: The Fourth Turning Forum: A message board discussing generations and the Strauss Howe generational theory
ACA Repeal/Replace: Progressives Face Moral Dilemma - Printable Version

+- Generational Theory Forum: The Fourth Turning Forum: A message board discussing generations and the Strauss Howe generational theory (http://generational-theory.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Fourth Turning Forums (http://generational-theory.com/forum/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Current Events (http://generational-theory.com/forum/forum-34.html)
+---- Forum: General Political Discussion (http://generational-theory.com/forum/forum-15.html)
+---- Thread: ACA Repeal/Replace: Progressives Face Moral Dilemma (/thread-637.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34

RE: ACA Repeal/Replace: Progressives Face Moral Dilemma - Odin - 03-14-2017

(03-14-2017, 04:33 PM)SomeGuy Wrote:
Quote:She's a trans-phobic psychiatrist who works with KIDS... Sad

Trans-phobic?

On the old forums she exposed some rather nasty attitudes towards transgender people of the "they are all mentally ill" variety.

RE: ACA Repeal/Replace: Progressives Face Moral Dilemma - SomeGuy - 03-14-2017

(03-14-2017, 05:35 PM)Odin Wrote:

Trans-phobic?

On the old forums she exposed some rather nasty attitudes towards transgender people of the "they are all mentally ill" variety.

Probably just trying to gin up more business.  She IS a shrink, after all.  Wink

And technically, "gender dysphoria" is in the DSM.  How else do you think people of trans pay for reassignment surgery?  Out-of-pocket?  Rolleyes

RE: ACA Repeal/Replace: Progressives Face Moral Dilemma - Kinser79 - 03-14-2017

(03-14-2017, 04:11 PM)Odin Wrote:
(03-14-2017, 10:45 AM)X_4AD_84 Wrote:
(03-14-2017, 07:56 AM)Snowflake Wrote:
(03-14-2017, 07:04 AM)nihilist moron Wrote: I don't know if preventive medical care lowers overall costs. It can result in healthy people getting tests and procedures that they really don't need. Due to liability issues, everything gets "worked up" these days. 
Kinser, that's a great diet for anyone, diabetic or not. It's my kind of "preventive care" also.

What kinda name is 'nihilist moron'?
(Geez, it's not even grammatically correct.)

So, what makes you know so much?
Are you a doctor, or something?

I believe she is a psychologist. And apparently yet another one of the Alt Right people here, based on recent commentary.

She's a trans-phobic psychiatrist who works with KIDS... Sad

By that post I take it you mean she's a psychiatrist who doesn't want to normalize Gender Dysphoria Disorder in the prepubescent.  Sounds like good work Exclamation

(03-14-2017, 05:35 PM)Odin Wrote:

Trans-phobic?

Um, that's because they are Odin.

RE: ACA Repeal/Replace: Progressives Face Moral Dilemma - Ragnarök_62 - 03-14-2017

(03-14-2017, 05:19 PM)nihilist moron Wrote: Where is Joan Rivers when you need her to tell people to grow up.
I miss the 80s.
R.I.P. to both.

Yeah, I miss the 80's.
But I also miss the 70's.   At

[Image: 220px-SNice.svg.png][Image: 250px-Peace_sign.svg.png]

RE: ACA Repeal/Replace: Progressives Face Moral Dilemma - Eric the Green - 03-14-2017

Yeah, I miss the 80s somewhat, but only on a personal and subculture level.
Yeah I miss the 70s, but also miss the sixties (same decals apply)

RE: ACA Repeal/Replace: Progressives Face Moral Dilemma - SomeGuy - 03-14-2017

God, the only decade I have any vague nostalgia for is the 90s.  That's vaguely depressing...

To Hell with it, I choose to believe this means my best decade is still ahead.  1T here I come!

RE: ACA Repeal/Replace: Progressives Face Moral Dilemma - Eric the Green - 03-14-2017

(03-14-2017, 06:02 PM)SomeGuy Wrote: God, the only decade I have any vague nostalgia for is the 90s.  That's vaguely depressing...

To Hell with it, I choose to believe this means my best decade is still ahead.  1T here I come!

Ah, The sad destiny of civics. You have nothing to look back on, and nothing to look forward to.

But many civics make the best of living in horrible and then dull times by building things and being collegial.

I somehow doubt that SomeGuy will ever have as much class as John Charles Daly. But who knows.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Charles_Daly

No, SomeGuy still "expects Eric to be stupid." So, I guess no, no class.

(03-14-2017, 06:02 PM)SomeGuy Wrote: God, the only decade I have any vague nostalgia for is the 90s.  That's vaguely depressing...

Man, for Nomads the 1T is our reward in old age.  I don't remember the 80s except pretty vaguely, besides I was a child anyway.  The 90s were okay.  The 00s sucked, the 10s have sucked green donkey dicks..

RE: ACA Repeal/Replace: Progressives Face Moral Dilemma - Bob Butler 54 - 03-14-2017

Hmmm....  I've been reasonably content since I was born in the 50s.

RE: ACA Repeal/Replace: Progressives Face Moral Dilemma - Snowflake - 03-15-2017

(03-14-2017, 02:24 PM)nihilist moron Wrote: Kaiser out in California is promoting plant-based diets.

Yummy!  I love carrots!

So, these guys say that you're a psychiatrist,
but I'm not sure I should trust 'em. Rolleyes  

So, is that true?  Are you really a doctor?
(a simple yes or no will suffice)

RE: ACA Repeal/Replace: Progressives Face Moral Dilemma - Galen - 03-15-2017

(03-14-2017, 06:07 PM)Kinser79 Wrote:

Man, for Nomads the 1T is our reward in old age.  I don't remember the 80s except pretty vaguely, besides I was a child anyway.  The 90s were okay.  The 00s sucked, the 10s have sucked green donkey dicks..

I remember the seventies and that was a decade I could have just as soon done without.  The only thing Eric the Obtuse remembers about the sixties and seventies is that he had a good time but he is lacking the details due to all of the recreational pharmaceuticals.  I rather liked the eighties and the nineties weren't too bad but you got the twenty-first century right.

RE: ACA Repeal/Replace: Progressives Face Moral Dilemma - Odin - 03-15-2017

The 90s seems like a golden age compared to the last 16 years...

RE: ACA Repeal/Replace: Progressives Face Moral Dilemma - The Wonkette - 03-15-2017

(03-11-2017, 09:39 AM)Galen Wrote: If people are not allowed to experience the consequences of their decisions then they will have no clue as to what is right or wrong.
Yeah, but sometimes sh*t happens to people that they had no choice in and they still pay. Your employer goes bankrupt and there goes your job, you are healthy and eat nutritional food and exercise and figure you can ride it out without health insurance until you get a new job, but then you find that lump...

RE: ACA Repeal/Replace: Progressives Face Moral Dilemma - SomeGuy - 03-15-2017

Yes, but if you hadn't gone looking for it, would you still have found it?  As I learned when I was a child, if you can't see trouble, it can't see you, either.

RE: ACA Repeal/Replace: Progressives Face Moral Dilemma - Kinser79 - 03-15-2017

(03-15-2017, 12:33 PM)The Wonkette Wrote:
(03-11-2017, 09:39 AM)Galen Wrote: If people are not allowed to experience the consequences of their decisions then they will have no clue as to what is right or wrong.
Yeah, but sometimes sh*t happens to people that they had no choice in and they still pay.  Your employer goes bankrupt and there goes your job, you are healthy and eat nutritional food and exercise and figure you can ride it out without health insurance until you get a new job, but then you find that lump...

Gee kinda makes you think that health insurance should follow the patient and not be based on their employment status.  I wonder who has posted about that in this thread before. Cool

(03-15-2017, 12:38 PM)SomeGuy Wrote: Yes, but if you hadn't gone looking for it, would you still have found it?  As I learned when I was a child, if you can't see trouble, it can't see you, either.

That isn't entirely true.  There are people who look for trouble and find it, and then there are people that don't look for trouble but it finds them.

Quote:That isn't entirely true.  There are people who look for trouble and find it, and then there are people that don't look for trouble but it finds them.

So they claim.  Sounds like excuse-making to me.  I mean, what were they wearing?

(03-15-2017, 12:50 PM)SomeGuy Wrote:
Quote:That isn't entirely true.  There are people who look for trouble and find it, and then there are people that don't look for trouble but it finds them.

So they claim.  Sounds like excuse-making to me.  I mean, what were they wearing?

Usually it is excuse making, but sometimes it isn't.

I don't know, but if they weren't wearing a burka we all know men can't help themselves.

Quote:Usually it is excuse making, but sometimes it isn't.

I don't know, but if they weren't wearing a burka we all know men can't help themselves.

Whoa!  Whoa!  Not cool, man!  Rape is NEVER funny.  I was thinking more like thisAngry

Wow, that got dark.