Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can!
(01-10-2021, 04:08 PM)taramarie Wrote:
(01-10-2021, 02:30 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote:
(01-10-2021, 12:53 AM)taramarie Wrote:
(01-09-2021, 08:48 PM)pbrower2a Wrote:
(01-09-2021, 06:57 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote: Was it a smart one? You learn nothing and remain pathetic and keep voting for white nights and saviors for the remainder of your life like PB. I got into a few fights with bullies in grammar school. I couple more fights in middle school with bullies from other grammar schools and another one with a couple of guys in high school who were horny and trying to team up on a best friends sister who a little to much to drink at one of our field parties.

Avoiding trouble is optimal. I have heard of the results of many bar-room brawls. As someone with poor ability to read non-verbal language I know enough to err on the side of caution. I don't always see someone about to snap. The typical bar-room brawl involves a fight between two drunks too liquored-up to feel much pain. Both end up in a hospital, one with a broken hand and the other with a broken jaw. Neither can remember what the fight was about. So what is it about? What insult is worth a broken hand or a broken jaw? 

"Your mother is a whore!" 

I'd rather walk away than throw a punch.   My mother wasn't a whore, and if she were -- so what?

I generally avoid bars. Exceptions that I might visit include some VFW, American Legion, Elks Club, or Knights of Columbus... where the people are reasonably predictable.  First of all, I no longer hold my liquor well; one drink is my limit. I can no longer drink as I did forty years ago, and even then it took me two hours to get through a drink at a weekend party at a college dorm. You never know what is in a strange bar. Someone might think that my blank stare is an effort to take his wife or girlfriend.  

I'll say this about the gay-bashing: it was then that I started to become a militant supporter of LGBT rights, including the right to marry and to adopt children. If I had to choose between being a homosexual and a gay-basher... that's easy. Whatever made gays seem more mainstream was going to make my life safer. It wasn't a big issue until I became a potential victim.  

In my case I have a cell phone on me, and it is an excellent method for reporting an overt crime.

Exactly. This shows maturity, knowledge of your own limits and intelligence unlike some neanderthals who immediately just punch, do not think case by case if its worth it or if there is any other tactic they can use and think if you dont punch you are weak. I think this is just an example of the glorification of violence in todays society which i see is going on full blast right now in your country with your retard orange loser and some of his minions.
The Neanderthal's died off thousands of years ago. The quick to the punch types are mainly on the Democratic side these days. You're making the same mistake that the Democrats here are making right now. I sure hope that you don't need them as we are busy settling our differences with them here. Yes, the evil orange boogeyman and his minions seemed to be the problem which you seem to fully agree from so far away. Do you know that we have a fascist government right now and a Constitution that gives us the authority to remove with force right now as well. Did you know that, or are you a half ass Brit who doesn't have a clue about that or much of anything else related to our country.
Britain and New Zealand are in different hemispheres just so you know. But given you cannot even spell, it is too much to ask for you to know basic geography.
Yep. Britain and New Zealand are worlds apart. I heard the sun never set on the British empire at one time.
Trump's call to Georgia was so amazingly stupid, illegal and fascist that it practically wrote this very funny Stephen Colbert monologue for him

"I close my eyes, and I can see a better day" -- Justin Bieber

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
(01-10-2021, 06:19 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: Trump's call to Georgia was so amazingly stupid, illegal and fascist that it practically wrote this very funny Stephen Colbert monologue for him

You know what I think is stupid, I think impeaching a president who is leaving office is stupid and a complete waste of time. Oh well, let the circus begin. We have to see if there are any Democrats left worth keeping or not at this point. I hope Nancy is prepared to deal with a national split and I hope they have enough money to cover all the debt that their going to find themselves stuck with and enough people to stop all the violence that will ensue as well.
I hope the House impeaches Trump right away. Having two impeachments on his record will tar trump's reputation forever, as it should be tarred and feathered, even if they can't do anything else about him.

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
Now for someone deserving of derision: a Trump supporter!

[Image: 5ffbe030260000414da5030d.jpeg?cache=zl0o..._noupscale]

The FBI wants him. Wrong flag!

[Image: ErbHqvsXMAEjITL?format=jpg&name=small]
The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated Communist  but instead the people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists -- Hannah Arendt.

Did you guys stop fighting? Because from my perspective it just looked like the Trump VS Biden old man debate but even funnier, especially before some posts were deleted. Just FIY. Anyway here's a meme:

[Image: Gg-fHGJ55wU6fLTO0LBbZMjWS5V6XeVBO7kkPHDT...HV=s640-nd]
The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated Communist  but instead the people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists -- Hannah Arendt.

(01-11-2021, 01:40 AM)Eric the Green Wrote: I hope the House impeaches Trump right away. Having two impeachments on his record will tar trump's reputation forever, as it should be tarred and feathered, even if they can't do anything else about him.
It ain't going to happen before Trump leaves office. You're going to have to wait to do it when Biden is in office and the Democrats control the show. I can't wait to watch  a bunch of insecure men and women who represent the US government make complete fools of themselves for months as they're trying take away Trump's right to run again in 2024. That's what insecure politicians do when they know they SUCK at doing their jobs and the only reason they're there in the first place is to serve their own interests . It will just show America that there isn't much of a difference between the Biden Democrats and Biden Republicans these days.
(01-10-2021, 05:33 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote:
(01-10-2021, 04:05 PM)taramarie Wrote: Right, not rite. Yes it does matter how words are spelled, otherwise you look like an illiterate idiot. Actually i have studied psychology for years. Given how you behave you are really insecure from some trouble in your past hence why you are on defence all the time which is further displayed with your quite frankly immature post. Seek help.

Reely, all it takes is the wrong word or a misspelling for someone like you to view them as an illiterate idiot. Well, that's (expletive deleted)  childish and you know what I think about childish people these days. So, are you ready to grow up? You've studied psychology for years as I've been learning it first hand in the field called real life for many years. Oh, defense isn't spelled defence either. I guess you're an illiterate idiot too or a hypocrite at best. You want to play the game with me. I'll play the game with you and win it every time honey.

We all make tpyos. We all do some sloppy editing and end up with non-agreement between a noun and a verb. The worse that one's grammar and sentence structure is, the more obvious are one's misspellings. 

I have seen some of your writing, and it would get you an F in Freshman composition mandatory in any quality college for anything with potential for a bachelor's degree.  No, the "F" is not so much for "Freshman" as in "failure".  (a little note: the letter for failure is "F" in California and Texas and "E" in Michigan...)

The gerund that you used  that begins with the letter F looks terribly immature, Classic X'er. Childish? Children can be delightful at times when playful and curious, but not when they are mean, cruel, and selfish. Just think of the President having been recorded mocking someone with a handicap. 

We all study psychology to some extent, whether formally (through courses called "psychology") or informally (through literature and life experiences. 

There are differences of between British and American English in spelling.  The American Secretary of Defense speaks to the British Minister of Defence at NATO Headquarters in Brussels, the American Secretary traveling from Washington DC and the British minister travelling from London. British spelling has its distinctive colour and American spelling has its distinctive color. Tara is right and you are wrong, and you have neither a defense nor a defence against my observation. 

Calling a woman that you do not have an intimate relationship "honey" marks you as a sexist.

(01-13-2021, 12:23 AM)Classic-Xer Wrote:
(01-11-2021, 01:40 AM)Eric the Green Wrote: I hope the House impeaches Trump right away. Having two impeachments on his record will tar trump's reputation forever, as it should be tarred and feathered, even if they can't do anything else about him.
It ain't going to happen before Trump leaves office. You're going to have to wait to do it when Biden is in office and the Democrats control the show. I can't wait to watch  a bunch of insecure men and women who represent the US government make complete fools of themselves for months as they're trying take away Trump's right to run again in 2024. That's what insecure politicians do when they know they SUCK at doing their jobs and the only reason they're there in the first place is to serve their own interests . It will just show America that there isn't much of a difference between the Biden Democrats and Biden Republicans these days.

Impeachment will happen today. If you deny it, then it shows how little you know about the government of the nation you claim to love so much. Go back to civics class, dude.

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
(01-13-2021, 05:24 AM)Eric the Green Wrote:

Impeachment will happen today. If you deny it, then it shows how little you know about the government of the nation you claim to love so much. Go back to civics class, dude.

Even the senate conviction could happen. McConnell is not overly happy with Trump, and may go along with the fast track.
That this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom, and that government of the people, by the people, for the people shall not perish from the earth.
Remember the cameo appearance for Donald Trump in Home Alone 2?

Macaulay Culkin Is On Board With Editing Trump Out Of ‘Home Alone 2’

The actor expressed his support for fans who want Trump’s seven seconds of screen time scrapped from future broadcasts of the holiday comedy.

Donald Trump is the first U.S. president to be impeached twice ― and if it were up to Macaulay Culkin, he’d soon be down a movie credit, too.

Culkin on Wednesday expressed his support for digitally removing Trump from 1992’s “Home Alone 2: Lost in New York.” When a fan suggested the future president’s cameo in the beloved Christmas comedy be replaced with Culkin as his current, 40-year-old self, the actor needed just one word to signal his approval.

“Sold,” he tweeted.

Culkin also supported another fan who’d uploaded an amateur video that excised Trump’s likeness and voice entirely.
“Bravo,” Culkin wrote.

Trump is in “Home Alone 2” for all of seven seconds. In the scene, Kevin McCallister (played by Culkin) is strolling through New York’s Plaza Hotel. He stops Trump, who plays himself, to ask for directions to the hotel’s lobby.

The Trump Organization owned the Plaza Hotel from 1988 until 1995. Last year, in an interview to commemorate the 30th anniversary of the original “Home Alone,” director Chris Columbus said Trump would only grant permission for the sequel to be shot at the hotel in exchange for an appearance in the movie.

“So we agreed to put him in the movie, and when we screened it for the first time the oddest thing happened: People cheered when Trump showed up on-screen,” Columbus told Insider in December. “So I said to my editor, ‘Leave him in the movie. It’s a moment for the audience.’ But he did bully his way into the movie.”  

Two years ago, Canada’s CBC made headlines when it was discovered that Trump’s scene had been cut from the broadcaster’s televised screenings of “Home Alone 2.”

In a statement, the company said the edit had been made two years before Trump ascended to the U.S. presidency, to make room for commercial airtime. 

“As is often the case with feature films adapted for television, ‘Home Alone 2’ was edited for time,” a representative for CBC told The Hollywood Reporter. “The scene with Donald Trump was one of several that were cut from the movie as none of them were integral to the plot.”

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/macaulay-culkin-home-alone-2-trump-removal_n_60004df3c5b691806c4fb3a4

(01-13-2021, 04:27 AM)pbrower2a Wrote:
(01-10-2021, 05:33 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote:
(01-10-2021, 04:05 PM)taramarie Wrote: Right, not rite. Yes it does matter how words are spelled, otherwise you look like an illiterate idiot. Actually i have studied psychology for years. Given how you behave you are really insecure from some trouble in your past hence why you are on defence all the time which is further displayed with your quite frankly immature post. Seek help.

Reely, all it takes is the wrong word or a misspelling for someone like you to view them as an illiterate idiot. Well, that's (expletive deleted)  childish and you know what I think about childish people these days. So, are you ready to grow up? You've studied psychology for years as I've been learning it first hand in the field called real life for many years. Oh, defense isn't spelled defence either. I guess you're an illiterate idiot too or a hypocrite at best. You want to play the game with me. I'll play the game with you and win it every time honey.

We all make tpyos. We all do some sloppy editing and end up with non-agreement between a noun and a verb. The worse that one's grammar and sentence structure is, the more obvious are one's misspellings. 

I have seen some of your writing, and it would get you an F in Freshman composition mandatory in any quality college for anything with potential for a bachelor's degree.  No, the "F" is not so much for "Freshman" as in "failure".  (a little note: the letter for failure is "F" in California and Texas and "E" in Michigan...)

The gerund that you used  that begins with the letter F looks terribly immature, Classic X'er. Childish? Children can be delightful at times when playful and curious, but not when they are mean, cruel, and selfish. Just think of the President having been recorded mocking someone with a handicap. 

We all study psychology to some extent, whether formally (through courses called "psychology") or informally (through literature and life experiences. 

There are differences of between British and American English in spelling.  The American Secretary of Defense speaks to the British Minister of Defence at NATO Headquarters in Brussels, the American Secretary traveling from Washington DC and the British minister travelling from London. British spelling has its distinctive colour and American spelling has its distinctive color. Tara is right and you are wrong, and you have neither a defense nor a defence against my observation. 

Calling a woman that you do not have an intimate relationship "honey" marks you as a sexist.
I'm a male. She's a female. I've been called honey by women many times. Were they all sexist too? You have no observation skills buddy.
(01-20-2021, 07:25 AM)taramarie Wrote: Bye bye Trump lol GTFO. Really looking forward to the performance today.
So, you think an old Democrat with dementia who doesn't know where he is half the time will be a better leader than Trump? So, what did you think of the performance today? Did everyone seem nice and cordial to one another like they typically do in front of all the cameras?  I didn't waste my time watching it myself. I heard Garth Brooks performance was pretty good. I bet you would never think/believe that all hell is about to break loose based on the performance that you saw today.
(01-13-2021, 06:16 AM)Bob Butler 54 Wrote:

Even the senate conviction could happen.  McConnell is not overly happy with Trump, and may go along with the fast track.
The vast majority of the Republican base are not all that enthused with McConnell and Cheney bowing down and sucking up to the Democrats at this particular time in American history either.
(01-20-2021, 01:54 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote:

Even the senate conviction could happen.  McConnell is not overly happy with Trump, and may go along with the fast track.

The vast majority of the Republican base are not all that enthused with McConnell and Cheney bowing down and sucking up to the Democrats at this particular time in American history either.

McConnell and Cheney are going on defense before the offense destroys the GOP.  It's cynical, but sensible for their perspective.  Trump is toxic, and they know it.
Intelligence is not knowledge and knowledge is not wisdom, but they all play well together.
(01-20-2021, 01:12 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote:
(01-13-2021, 04:27 AM)pbrower2a Wrote: Calling a woman that you do not have an intimate relationship "honey" marks you as a sexist.

I'm a male. She's a female. I've been called honey by women many times. Were they all sexist too? You have no observation skills buddy.

Actually, that's a point I agree is valid. Sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander. It's never acceptable, but it's all too common.
Intelligence is not knowledge and knowledge is not wisdom, but they all play well together.
Brick 
(01-20-2021, 01:54 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote:

...Now that  President Trump is no longer relevant to American political life except as a warning on how not to be President and what not to elect as President, the "while we can" part in the thread title is irrelevant. He is down, and he is as out as he could be. If he can't get the funds for keeping his highly-leveraged real estate empire, then he is done. He must sell out, lest his loved ones (does he really have love for anyone?) be ruined in a vulture sale of his empire.

He is a sick joke. 

...as for Mitch McConnell and Liz Cheney... Mitch McConnell is approaching the end of the line. He could have made some deals with Obama that wouldn't be perfect for him, but he might have gotten something in return for some influence upon the Obama legacy. With Trump he has gotten nothing more than an offer of complicity to avoid trouble with him. That's not much of a deal. 

Remember: good deals are quality for quality because those encourage people to keep creating quality with which to deal. Trump has offered little more than a raw deal. Big deal. The Soviet system failed because (except in luxury items for export, like furs and caviar, and weapons) it was largely able to produce trashy stuff unwelcome elsewhere. The only Soviet-made merchandise that I ever owned were classical LP's. OK, the Soviet Union was good at archaic Western culture. 

...Mitch McConnell has has gotten his political support only where he needs it: his home state of Kentucky, where he has reliably won a Senate seat since 1984. He is starting his seventh term in office... if he completes his term he will be in office a full 42 years. Completing his term is more a reference to actuarial issues than to anything else. He was born the same year as Joe Biden.

(01-21-2021, 04:19 AM)taramarie Wrote: Btw that idiocy of his runs deeper than his defence of his illiteracy. Hence why i refuse to engage with him.

He serves a purpose. He is like an easy pitcher who is nice for batting practice. Nice easy to hit balls.
That this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom, and that government of the people, by the people, for the people shall not perish from the earth.
(01-21-2021, 11:37 AM)taramarie Wrote:
(01-20-2021, 05:32 PM)David Horn Wrote:
(01-20-2021, 01:12 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote:
(01-13-2021, 04:27 AM)pbrower2a Wrote: Calling a woman that you do not have an intimate relationship "honey" marks you as a sexist.

Actually, that's a point I agree is valid.  Sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander.  It's never acceptable, but it's all too common.

It is a valid point. Personally though i dont see what is wrong with the word honey. A word is just a word till intention and purpose is put into it. People nowadays seem to freak out about things like this without finding out the intention first. Calling someone honey does not make someone sexist. Labelling someone incorrectly is a wrong doing though.

Here in the US, it's a form of flirting -- not always bad but always questionable.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lets make fun of Obama while he is still relevant. Galen 207 122,611 01-25-2023, 07:45 PM
Last Post: pbrower2a
  Stimulus Bill Would Make Illegal Streaming a Felony LNE 7 2,570 02-02-2021, 04:12 AM
Last Post: random3
  Trump: Bring back torture to make America great nebraska 0 1,608 01-13-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: nebraska
  Bill would make New York first state to ban declawing of cats nebraska 0 1,887 01-13-2018, 07:13 AM
  Bill would make it a crime to videotape police in Arizona nebraska 0 1,821 01-11-2018, 04:01 AM
  High taxes, regulations make NY dead last in freedom nebraska 4 3,221 12-27-2017, 07:51 PM
  This result Bundy of trial should be fun. Galen 0 1,646 12-24-2017, 12:40 AM
Last Post: Galen
  Let's make fun of and bash Gary Johnson too! Eric the Green 16 17,943 10-15-2016, 02:50 PM
Last Post: Eric the Green