Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
9/11 (Please, no "Truther" posts)
The 9/11 attacks obviously were the icing on the cake for the 3T as experienced by the US. So much has happened both in terms of domestic politics and geopolitics since then, as a result of that day of infamy.

I started this thread in order to capture thoughts, comments, links and info about 9/11.

Please, no "Truther" posts. That would derail the thread.

I was at school just having begun sophomore year in high school when 9/11 happened. Most of us assumed that we would be going in all out militarily after 9/11. Had a WW2-style mobilization been order shortly after that day; I am convinced we would have accepted rationing/war bonds just like in WW2. Regarding the 4T, the decision to wage a limited war after the attacks was the first domino to fall in the slide of the decline to the current state of affairs.
I remember my first reaction was "thank god it wasn't nuclear".  I'd been expecting such an attack since at least the previous twin towers attack, maybe since the '67 war.

With regard to going to war, I remember everyone overseas talking about how they would support us.  But then when it came time actually to go to war, it was like, "thanks, but no thanks".

That said, I have no idea who would have been a target for a less limited war at the time.  Iran?  The entire Islamic world?  None of that would have made any sense.
9-11 was the war-filled start to the 21st century that I predicted. I guess, since I knew more-or-less what was coming, it was less shocking to me. The benefits of the astrology game! Still, it was a sad day, and it shifted my foreign policy views a bit. Slamming Al Qaeda was something I favored-- though not the next war I knew was probably coming too, nor the previous wars in my lifetime, many of which I also predicted.
"I close my eyes, and I can see a better day" -- Justin Bieber

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
(11-08-2016, 01:13 AM)Eric the Green Wrote: 9-11 was the war-filled start to the 21st century that I predicted. I guess, since I knew more-or-less what was coming, it was less shocking to me. The benefits of the astrology game! Still, it was a sad day, and it shifted my foreign policy views a bit. Slamming Al Qaeda was something I favored-- though not the next war I knew was probably coming too, nor the previous wars in my lifetime, many of which I also predicted.

OK, how about something useful then.  What's the stawk market gonna do in 2017?
---Value Added Cool
(11-08-2016, 01:18 AM)Ragnarök_62 Wrote:
(11-08-2016, 01:13 AM)Eric the Green Wrote: 9-11 was the war-filled start to the 21st century that I predicted. I guess, since I knew more-or-less what was coming, it was less shocking to me. The benefits of the astrology game! Still, it was a sad day, and it shifted my foreign policy views a bit. Slamming Al Qaeda was something I favored-- though not the next war I knew was probably coming too, nor the previous wars in my lifetime, many of which I also predicted.

OK, how about something useful then.  What's the stawk market gonna do in 2017?

Oh, that Gen X pecuniary preoccupation. Now now, Gabrielle.........
Well, of course he's a Taurus too..... Wink

The stork market is going to be just fine in 2017. I think it will go up a little. There, ya happi?
"I close my eyes, and I can see a better day" -- Justin Bieber

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
BUMP!

What I know, is that the original 4TF got a big bump after 9/11.