Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are Heroes mostly brave - oder obedient?
After reading how G.I.s compared their Missionary leader Douglas MacArthur to God, and how the same G.I.s later failed to lead their Boomer kids in Vietnam (after they had spoiled them rotten), I really wonder: Are they as heroic as their name?

If they were able to do heroic deeds, it's because they had competent, realistic Nomad leaders who saw through the Missionary bullshit.

Even if the G.I.s were just as brave as the Nomads have been: Without good officers, brave soldiers became "Lions lead by donkeys", as in WW1.
I don't call them heroes, but Civics. I think they are obedient and conformist rather than brave. Bravery is a genetic trait which is the same in all generations.

GIs were more obedient to their Missionary leaders, while Millennials tend to obey their social media peer society. The later is more insidious, IMO.
(03-07-2019, 09:09 AM)Bill the Piper Wrote: I don't call them heroes, but Civics. I think they are obedient and conformist rather than brave. Bravery is a genetic trait which is the same in all generations.

GIs were more obedient to their Missionary leaders, while Millennials tend to obey their social media peer society. The later is more insidious, IMO.

Agree in full, with one caveat.  In the end, the Millennials will act. but we don't know in what manner … at least not yet.  As a group, they are self-absorbed and more than a little self-pitying.  Then again, they have pretty sensible instincts, so this can play a lot of different ways.
Intelligence is not knowledge and knowledge is not wisdom, but they all play well together.
(03-06-2019, 11:12 PM)Hintergrund Wrote: After reading how G.I.s compared their Missionary leader Douglas MacArthur to God, and how the same G.I.s later failed to lead their Boomer kids in Vietnam (after they had spoiled them rotten), I really wonder: Are they as heroic as their name?

If they were able to do heroic deeds, it's because they had competent, realistic Nomad leaders who saw through the Missionary bullshit.

Even if the G.I.s were just as brave as the Nomads have been: Without good officers, brave soldiers became "Lions lead by donkeys", as in WW1.

The American-Vietnam war could not have been led in an heroic manner; it was an ignoble cause. And FDR was a better war leader than LBJ. FDR led Americans into a battle that was necessary to preserve civilization. LBJ led Americans into a battle out of habit that had no reasons behind it.
"I close my eyes, and I can see a better day" -- Justin Bieber

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
To be a hero is to be sacrificed for a greater good. That is why firefighters are the ultimate heroes.

Not the same at all at being a leader.
Steve Barrera

[A]lthough one would like to change today's world back to the spirit of one hundred years or more ago, it cannot be done. Thus it is important to make the best out of every generation. - Hagakure

Saecular Pages
Naming a generation "Hero" is inherently problematic because hero is an extremely positive word. It's very difficult thing to be against heroes.
(03-07-2019, 09:09 AM)Bill the Piper Wrote: GIs were more obedient to their Missionary leaders, while Millennials tend to obey their social media peer society. The later is more insidious, IMO.

Well, S&H said that Heroes/Civics enforce good conduct by peer pressure. And they don't understand if other people consider this a bad word.

Their "Prophet" leader isn't in sight yet, although Obama and Bernie might have become (despite not being the right generation).
(03-14-2019, 05:11 AM)Bill the Piper Wrote: Naming a generation "Hero" is inherently problematic because hero is an extremely positive word. It's very difficult thing to be against heroes.

There are tarnished heroes -- like the veteran who goes on a rampage, sets up a Ponzi scheme, or turns traitor.
The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated Communist  but instead the people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists -- Hannah Arendt.

(03-23-2019, 08:23 PM)Hintergrund Wrote:
(03-07-2019, 09:09 AM)Bill the Piper Wrote: GIs were more obedient to their Missionary leaders, while Millennials tend to obey their social media peer society. The later is more insidious, IMO.

Well, S&H said that Heroes/Civics enforce good conduct by peer pressure. And they don't understand if other people consider this a bad word.

Their "Prophet" leader isn't in sight yet, although Obama and Bernie might have become (despite not being the right generation).

I'm Millennial but autistic and used to years peer rejection so this could be why I'm like this but my reaction to peer pressure is just deciding to do whatever I want. I concluded that people are easily outraged, offended, and weirded out very easily so there's no point in trying to please them. I say if people are gonna hate me they're gonna hate me. I also concluded that once someone decides you're at the bottom there's no climbing the social ladder so I'm just going to say screw the social ladder to begin with. I see most people as NPCs or video game characters. If they get weirded out by what I do whatever. It was going to happen anyways since people are just controlled by the social media machine. How do you explain others in the Civic generation who react this way? I've met other people in my own generation who have this attitude and see their peers as normies or NPCs. The Civics who don't fit in are far more angry and hostile towards the world than social outcasts of other generations. I've seen some say they don't care if the world burned because of how people were like.
I think most people are essentially NPC morons that freak out over what social media says. Because social media and peer pressure doesn't influence me much, I'm essentially unhinged. When I see 100 people trying to criticize me at the same time, I get overwhelmed and it feels like the world is against me. The reason I'm unhinged is because they expect me to think the way I do because of the group. My autistic mind doesn't work that way. If they can't give me a good enough reason to obey I have no reason to. I'm used to being on the bottom of the social hierarchy. Lack of social status doesn't scare me at all. If I'm faced with a bunch of cowards who just judge me as a group but don't do anything to stop me well I can just do whatever I want and the world has to deal with it. My opinion is no matter what I do or say there's someone going to be offended, cringed out, or weirded out unless I decide to become a slave to pleasing others. It's not worth the effort. I am unapologetically myself and the world has to deal with me. I can do anything I want to do as long as nobody can force me to do it. Unless you're pointing a gun to my head you can't make me do anything I don't wanna do. If you're offended too bad, get used to me being who I am.
(03-28-2019, 04:44 PM)AspieMillennial Wrote: I think most people are essentially NPC morons that freak out over what social media says. Because social media and peer pressure doesn't influence me much, I'm essentially unhinged. When I see 100 people trying to criticize me at the same time, I get overwhelmed and it feels like the world is against me. The reason I'm unhinged is because they expect me to think the way I do because of the group. My autistic mind doesn't work that way. If they can't give me a good enough reason to obey I have no reason to. I'm used to being on the bottom of the social hierarchy. Lack of social status doesn't scare me at all. If I'm faced with a bunch of cowards who just judge me as a group but don't do anything to stop me well I can just do whatever I want and the world has to deal with it. My opinion is no matter what I do or say there's someone going to be offended, cringed out, or weirded out unless I decide to become a slave to pleasing others. It's not worth the effort. I am unapologetically myself and the world has to deal with me. I can do anything I want to do as long as nobody can force me to do it. Unless you're pointing a gun to my head you can't make me do anything I don't wanna do. If you're offended too bad, get used to me being who I am.

NPC's  LOL.

Hahahahahahahah.   I just love the smell of burning MSM in the morning. Meuller lays an egg.

* MSM has egg on its face from Meuller report

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse3.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3...%3DApi&f=1]
---Value Added Cool
(02-07-2019, 09:22 AM)Bill the Piper Wrote:
(02-06-2019, 11:14 AM)Hintergrund Wrote: So - what should Yers do with their knowledge?

I assume you mean millennials.

If the millennial elite treats S-H theory seriously, they could do something to suppress the Awakening. Perhaps they will raise their kids in the 2030s the way they were reared in the 1990s and 2000s. Perhaps they will use advanced techniques of propaganda to discourage a "romantic rebel" attitude when the time for Awakening comes.

Such a scenario has interesting consequences. If the Awakening is suppressed the new cycle will be a shorter one. New Crisis and new Civic generation will arrive in the 2060s, when some millennials will still be active. There could be a strong bond between the millennials and neo-millennials, together they could see the triumph of a civic order they couldn't achieve in the 2010s.

(03-28-2019, 07:23 PM)Ragnarök_62 Wrote:
(03-28-2019, 04:44 PM)AspieMillennial Wrote: I think most people are essentially NPC morons that freak out over what social media says. Because social media and peer pressure doesn't influence me much, I'm essentially unhinged. When I see 100 people trying to criticize me at the same time, I get overwhelmed and it feels like the world is against me. The reason I'm unhinged is because they expect me to think the way I do because of the group. My autistic mind doesn't work that way. If they can't give me a good enough reason to obey I have no reason to. I'm used to being on the bottom of the social hierarchy. Lack of social status doesn't scare me at all. If I'm faced with a bunch of cowards who just judge me as a group but don't do anything to stop me well I can just do whatever I want and the world has to deal with it. My opinion is no matter what I do or say there's someone going to be offended, cringed out, or weirded out unless I decide to become a slave to pleasing others. It's not worth the effort. I am unapologetically myself and the world has to deal with me. I can do anything I want to do as long as nobody can force me to do it. Unless you're pointing a gun to my head you can't make me do anything I don't wanna do. If you're offended too bad, get used to me being who I am.

NPC's  LOL.

Hahahahahahahah.   I just love the smell of burning MSM in the morning. Meuller lays an egg.

* MSM has egg on its face from Meuller report

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse3.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3...%3DApi&f=1]

They seem so triggered. Liberalism being about freedom is a myth. It's all about restricting people more and more until they're slaves. Look at the nanny state of the UK. They even have knife control and no effective freedom of speech. You even need a TV watching license.
(03-23-2019, 08:23 PM)Hintergrund Wrote:

-- well Bernie's a War Baby, i.e. on the Silent/Prophet cusp, sooo. & he's inspiring ppl, especially the Millies. We'll have 2 see how this plays out
Heart my 2 yr old Niece/yr old Nephew 2020 Heart
Most arguments for the sake of "society" harm me as a person with autism and are anti individual. I'm born in a Civic generation but refuse to sacrifice myself to a "society" that hurts me. What exactly is the point? Yeah some Autistics down the line will benefit but I won't and they'd still consider me a coward for being a part of the age group that didn't fight against the system so those people with autism down the line won't even appreciate my hard work and it will all have gone to waste. So I see zero point to sacrifice as someone pushed to the margins. If I'm going to be left out of the new 1T I refuse to build it. Let society suffer for forcing me to be born in this time. They decided to marginalize me so society deserves it entirely.
@AspieMillennial - did you create this?

https://encyclopediadramatica.rs/Baby_Boomers
https://archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/31031525/
http://www.returnofkings.com/160656/7-re...tion-alive
I think the use of the word 'hero' is misplaced. Would one call a soldier in the Wehrmacht a hero? Probably not. Civic fits them better and by and large civic generations were raised to be obedient. It is that obedience that allows them to do heroic things should they have good leadership, and horrific things if they have poor leadership.

But then again everyone knows that it is the Nomads that clean up the mess that the Idealists make. The Civics are only tools to this end.

As to NPCs...the vast majority of humans are in fact what I'd classify as NPCs. Many I don't even think have an internal monologue worth listening to.
It really is all mathematics.

Turn on to Daddy, Tune in to Nationalism, Drop out of UN/NATO/WTO/TPP/NAFTA/CAFTA Globalism.
And there Tera is the difference. I don't agree that Boomers have done a good job of anything--unless you mean ruining what was once the richest, most prosperous country in history.

Maybe NZ is different but American Boomers are terrible.

My mother tried to convince me to take out a home equity loan right after I hosted a Mortgage Burning Party. Good thing I don't take financial advice from a woman who hasn't a pot to piss in nor a window to chuck it out of. And for the record she caused that on herself--my maternal grandparents were quite wealthy but their children squandered their inheritance just like Boomers tend to do.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mortgage_burning

Turn on to Daddy, Tune in to Nationalism, Drop out of UN/NATO/WTO/TPP/NAFTA/CAFTA Globalism.
(05-15-2019, 01:13 AM)taramarie Wrote:
(05-15-2019, 12:58 AM)Kinser79 Wrote: I think the use of the word 'hero' is misplaced.  Would one call a soldier in the Wehrmacht a hero?  Probably not.  Civic fits them better and by and large civic generations were raised to be obedient.  It is that obedience that allows them to do heroic things should they have good leadership, and horrific things if they have poor leadership.

But then again everyone knows that it is the Nomads that clean up the mess that the Idealists make.  The Civics are only tools to this end.

As to NPCs...the vast majority of humans are in fact what I'd classify as NPCs.  Many I don't even think have an internal monologue worth listening to.

Agree. I cant stand that lame term they have for those of us who are civics. I prefer civic. Far more accurate. Also agree I feel I was raised to be a tool modelled to an older generations ideal way of thinking and thing is, for the most part I agree with them. They did a good job no doubt. I just do not like the hypocrisy. Do as I say, not as I do....stuff like that.

As for what was taught to society, I don't really agree with their morals. I don't agree with the notion of maturity or anything like that. I don't believe "two wrongs don't make a right" or anything like that. I thought most of what is said by society is impractical bullshit and doesn't deal with the real bad guys the right way. I'm kind of just drifting through the 4T. I just wanna escape until the whole thing is over with. I'm autistic and a lot of this "You have to listen because I say so" just makes me roll my eyes. I don't understand my generation's obsession with maturity as if that value really means anything if you lose against a bully. To me, values have no meaning if they result in something negative. Negative results = stupid value. If being mature gets you run over IMO maturity is a stupid value.
(05-15-2019, 12:58 AM)Kinser79 Wrote: I think the use of the word 'hero' is misplaced. Would one call a soldier in the Wehrmacht a hero? Probably not. Civic fits them better and by and large civic generations were raised to be obedient. It is that obedience that allows them to do heroic things should they have good leadership, and horrific things if they have poor leadership.

But then again everyone knows that it is the Nomads that clean up the mess that the Idealists make. The Civics are only tools to this end.

As to NPCs...the vast majority of humans are in fact what I'd classify as NPCs. Many I don't even think have an internal monologue worth listening to.

Is this why I'm having a hard time in the 4T? Because I don't want to be a tool yet am a person with an extensive inner monologue? My goal is to just avoid and drift through the 4T unscathed. I don't see a side worth joining so I'll just let the world burn while I hide out for a while until the high appears.
Indeed. American Boomers tend to be especially preachy, especially narcissistic, and especially one track minded. Thankfully my grandparents mostly raise me and I was also heavily influenced by my Xer cousins so while I got some of that Millie conditioning I was able to see it for the propaganda it was.

Also my mother hated my jeans while growing up. Looking back on it now they were pretty goofy but given the climate where I live tight jeans would be uncomfortable by default. Given the heat of Florida loser clothing is preferred almost always.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/JNCO

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why I think a 1981 start date for Millies/Heroes can work Ghost 15 5,033 11-21-2021, 06:17 PM
Last Post: Dustinw5220