Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thread that disappeared
I had a thread titled "Compare this 4T to Others" or something similar. It was in the Turnings subforum. It started with a review of the play Marie Antoinette which is what inspired the topic. But it seems to have disappeared! Does anyone have any insights into how this could have happened? Have I misplaced it?
Steve Barrera

[A]lthough one would like to change today's world back to the spirit of one hundred years or more ago, it cannot be done. Thus it is important to make the best out of every generation. - Hagakure

Saecular Pages
(04-27-2019, 07:51 AM)sbarrera Wrote: I had a thread titled "Compare this 4T to Others" or something similar. It was in the Turnings subforum. It started with a review of the play Marie Antoinette which is what inspired the topic. But it seems to have disappeared! Does anyone have any insights into how this could have happened? Have I misplaced it?

Maybe we need to restart it.
The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated Communist  but instead the people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists -- Hannah Arendt.

(04-27-2019, 09:22 AM)pbrower2a Wrote:
(04-27-2019, 07:51 AM)sbarrera Wrote: I had a thread titled "Compare this 4T to Others" or something similar. It was in the Turnings subforum. It started with a review of the play Marie Antoinette which is what inspired the topic. But it seems to have disappeared! Does anyone have any insights into how this could have happened? Have I misplaced it?

Maybe we need to restart it.

I shall do that.
Steve Barrera

[A]lthough one would like to change today's world back to the spirit of one hundred years or more ago, it cannot be done. Thus it is important to make the best out of every generation. - Hagakure

Saecular Pages
FWIW, Mikebert asked the same question about his thread on the validity of the theory. If there is a recovery mechanism in the forum, we may be able to resurrect these lost threads. If not, then Mike's thread, long and involved as it was, may lost forever.
Intelligence is not knowledge and knowledge is not wisdom, but they all play well together.
No-one seems to know why these threads disappeared. Maybe Rags knows, and where is he?
"I close my eyes, and I can see a better day" -- Justin Bieber

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
(05-02-2019, 10:59 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: No-one seems to know why these threads disappeared. Maybe Rags knows, and where is he?

Could be the "purge spam" button. Now, said button shouldn't purge a thread with a post from a spammer. The thread itself has spams, but the whole thing ain't a spam.  I call that a bug, Eric.  Perhaps Dan can do up a linked list and make 'em come back again.

Quote:Maybe Rags knows, and where is he?

You rang?
---Value Added Cool