Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IDR Labs Villain Test
What results do you get? Here is a link to the test
https://www.idrlabs.com/villain/test.php
(07-15-2019, 07:37 PM)AspieMillennial Wrote: What results do you get? Here is a link to the test
https://www.idrlabs.com/villain/test.php

Joseph Goebbels.

[Image: villain-graph?p1=67,78,67,67,33&p2=69,81...&locale=EN]

Of course I am not a murderer or a Nazi, but the match was going to be with a murderer, and this test was not going to establish that I am Albert Schweitzer or Vaclav Havel. Take away "murderer" (Goebbels may have been the propagandist of war and genocide, but he never personally dispatched anyone until he murdered family members rather thanlet themface the ravages of the Soviets) and "Nazi" (I find Nazism so horrible that if I had to choose between being a Nazi and its arch-nemesis, a Jew, I would be a Jew because the latter compromises none of my principles) and I would act as if much of my purpose in life is to avoid shame and disgrace. If I had a wife and children I would cherish them greatly enough that I would shield them from any ill consequences of my behavior. Offing them in a bunker? If I had been in Goebbels' position I would have gotten my children off to Sweden . His wife Magda was one of the worst sorts of women in history, a tyrant's moll like the fictional Lady Macbeth (see also Imelda Marcos, Mao's wife Chiang Ching, and Elena Ceausescu), the sort who would egg her husband on to do horrible things as necessity or out of love for her. She had her inconvenient Jewish 'stepfather' killed. That stepfather was in fact her father, but she was much in denial of such.

My style may be intellectual, but I am wise enough to recognize that multitudes distrust an abstract thinker. Goebbels was an evil genius, a sophisticated thinker who could find excuses for the worst deeds in history. He avoided being tried as a leading war criminal through suicide. A spokesman for genocide and militarism at their worst he was culpable in making those seem necessary and inevitable. He was guilty of what Socrates was found guilty and for which Socrates was executed: corrupting the youth.

Quote:Personality Match

Like Joseph Goebbels, you have exceptional sensitivity to the emotional elements of a situation and know just what to say to make others feel how you want them to feel. Your special combination of social and artistic sensitivities is a hit with all manner of people and you truly are a force to be reckoned with. However, take care that you do not abuse your charisma to morally condemn and invalidate the disagreement of others, lest you find yourself resented for pursuing a self-serving agenda under the cover of flowery rhetoric.

If I can't feel much, I understand that others do.

Quote:Words of Warning

Points to consider for people with your personality - have you ever:
  • Taken the passion and enthusiasm that you were able to stir up in others as proof that an analysis of yours was right, even though you privately had doubts about it?
  • Been so enamored with your own knowledge and insight into a problem that you proceeded to play the role of teacher, even though the other party may have been just as knowledgeable about the problem as you were?
  • Dramatized your outward affairs in an attempt to avoid having to face inner uncertainties about self-worth?
  • Used your charisma to win people over to your side, claiming the moral high ground for yourself, and making the other person look bad as a way of winning a debate that you really should have lost?
  • Used your beliefs about how the world should ideally be as the standard by which you approached the world, inevitably leaving you disappointed and dejected?

Yes on all counts.

Quote:Scientific Research

According to studies from Cambridge University (UK) and Texas AM University (US), your scores indicate that you are:
  • Likely to have a richer vocabulary than the average person.
  • Likely to be more knowledgeable than the average person on political and societal issues.
  • Likely to have a quicker understanding of abstract concepts and ideas than the average person.
  • More energetic and quicker to act than the average person.
  • Someone who has a greater number of friends than the average person.
  • More assertive in social situations than the average person.
  • Someone who is more excitement-seeking and prone to experiencing more positive emotions than the average person.
  • More planful, organized, and goal-oriented than the average person.
  • Likely to have had a higher grade point average in school than the average person.
  • Less likely than the average person to ever have cheated on your homework, exams, or a loved one.
  • More likely than the average person to leave an orderly room when you go to work in the morning.
  • More likeable, warm, and trusting than the average person.
  • More likely than the average person to think in terms of "win-win" and to compromise as a means of settling disputes.
  • Someone who forgives more easily than the average person and who gives more to charities than the average person.
  • Someone who feels more concern for others and who sympathizes more with the feelings of others than the average person.
  • Less preoccupied than the average person with how you are perceived in the eyes of others.
  • More psychologically robust and better at absorbing shocks and setbacks than the average person.
  • Less worried about stressors and threats in your environment than the average person; not being one to be easily irritated or upset.
  • Someone who performs better under pressure than the average person.

OK, so even a monster like Goebbels might have his virtues. He was the only true intellectual that der Phooey trusted;

I am a messy housekeeper, probably because I am a pack rat bordering on a hoarder.

With Aspergers' (I do not know if Josef Goebbels had it) I must scrupulously create an image of myself more attractive than a vacant reality. I am little more than my intellect. Maybe Goebbels would have been OK had he recognized the folly of associated with people whose souls are little more than murder. Having a clubfoot as a handicap? That is nothing compared to what FDR had.

Without falling for Hitler and being the one deep thinker that he could trust, I could imagine  Goebbels as a screenwriter, theater director, journalist, or symphony conductor if he never latched onto Hitler. Never mind that Goebbels destroyed thousands of genuinely creative  people with his bigotry and militarism.
The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated Communist  but instead the people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists -- Hannah Arendt.

I come off as ENFJ -- as did Joseph Goebbels. It may be coincidence that I suggested Vaclav Havel as a heroic alternative -- obviously without the murderous soul, and a far more adept user of words. There was another dictator -- Mikhail Gorbachev, who at least excuses himself by liquidating the despotic tendencies of his Soviet regime. So maybe he does not really count as a dictator.

I am not so sure of the connection to pop figures such as Rashida Jones. Of course, if I were a stage or screen actor I would not play only ENFJ types.
The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated Communist  but instead the people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists -- Hannah Arendt.

LOL. Goebbels was rather warm-hearted than the opposite? Says a lot how much this test is worth.