Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
In a shocking development, Epstein commits suicide!
Anyone surprised by this? Hottest topic on twitter and all forms of social media, and it's crickets in here.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Knowledge doesn't equal Understanding, and the Truth is the Truth no matter what you think of it.
(08-10-2019, 03:04 PM)Bronsin Wrote: Anyone surprised by this? Hottest topic on twitter and all forms of social media, and it's crickets in here.

--well I guess now the Donald, Prince Andrew, & Mr Bill can RlP too
Heart my 2 yr old Niece/yr old Nephew 2020 Heart
(08-10-2019, 05:31 PM)Marypoza Wrote:
(08-10-2019, 03:04 PM)Bronsin Wrote: Anyone surprised by this? Hottest topic on twitter and all forms of social media, and it's crickets in here.

--well I guess now the Donald, Prince Andrew, & Mr Bill can RlP too

If there has ever been grist for the rumor mill, this is it.  Whether anything of substance is found by investigating this incident and Epstein's history of horrid behavior, there will always be conspiracy theories about how this occurred and who orchestrated it.  It's too unlikely to be a simple case of stupidity … but who knows?  It may be.  I suspect we'll never know for sure.
Intelligence is not knowledge and knowledge is not wisdom, but they all play well together.
I'm kind of hoping that enough details slip out that we can at least tell whether it was really a suicide.
The soft sentence for this horrible man is itself a scandal, and we have yet to know who all is involved.

Although he had every reason to commit suicide, he might have known some dirty deals involving the Establishment of the time of his first sentencing. Behavior this sordid does not happen unless it has the protection of corrupt officials.
The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated Communist  but instead the people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists -- Hannah Arendt.

(08-11-2019, 08:53 PM)Warren Dew Wrote: I'm kind of hoping that enough details slip out that we can at least tell whether it was really a suicide.

A thorough autopsy should settle that, but that assumes the autopsy will be thorough.  As high profile as he was, anything less is malpractice.  With the sheer number of improper actions that had to happen for him to kill himself (or be killed by some 'other'), the one that will settle the issue of stupid versus malicious will be the recordings of the monitoring cameras.  If they are unusable for any reason, the assumption will be malice … as it should.  If so, how that gets resolved will tell the tale.
Intelligence is not knowledge and knowledge is not wisdom, but they all play well together.
I'm not sure an autopsy can distinguish between a suicide hanging and an execution hanging, for example. My understanding is that there are no recordings.
(08-12-2019, 12:26 PM)Warren Dew Wrote: I'm not sure an autopsy can distinguish between a suicide hanging and an execution hanging, for example.  My understanding is that there are no recordings.

Aiding a depressed or scared person into committing suicide is at the least manslaughter. Such would itself be a crime. Supplying a rope, a knife, or poison can have no ambiguity.

A possible exception is assisted suicide for someone already doomed, but that(Jack Kevorkian) is legally suspect in America.
The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated Communist  but instead the people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists -- Hannah Arendt.

(08-12-2019, 12:26 PM)Warren Dew Wrote: I'm not sure an autopsy can distinguish between a suicide hanging and an execution hanging, for example.  My understanding is that there are no recordings.

Forensic pathology is far from my area of expertise, but I have to assume that signs of struggle or preemptive disablement should be present in the case of an execution hanging.
I've now read reports that Epstein died of cardiac arrest. That could be natural, perhaps exacerbated by bad conditions in prison, or it could be poison, voluntary or involuntary.

Do we know who is doing the autopsy? Do we trust them?
(08-13-2019, 05:59 PM)Warren Dew Wrote: I've now read reports that Epstein died of cardiac arrest.  That could be natural, perhaps exacerbated by bad conditions in prison, or it could be poison, voluntary or involuntary.

Do we know who is doing the autopsy?  Do we trust them?

-- some nitroglycerin mixed in with his food could do that
Heart my 2 yr old Niece/yr old Nephew 2020 Heart

There are consequences for complicity.