Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Democrats and Republicans want
(03-08-2017, 03:27 PM)SomeGuy Wrote:
(03-08-2017, 03:10 PM)Kinser79 Wrote:
(03-02-2017, 09:50 AM)SomeGuy Wrote:
Quote:Russia already started the war, you can either accept the reality or stick your head in the sand and be this saeculum's Neville Chamberlain. They and their Alt-Right puppets are threat to liberal democracy and need to be stopped.

TRANSLATION: Liberals want a war with Russia.  Wink

Actually there is only one real problem with your retard-English dictionary.  Liberals don't want war with Russia.  What passes for the Left these days are not liberals, they are Regressive Left Collectivists.

Yeah, but I've lost interest in fighting that particular battle.

I mean, it's how they self-identify, so who am I to argue?  Tongue

Does this mean you'll call me Apache?   Big Grin
It really is all mathematics.

Turn on to Daddy, Tune in to Nationalism, Drop out of UN/NATO/WTO/TPP/NAFTA/CAFTA Globalism.
(03-08-2017, 03:31 PM)Kinser79 Wrote:
(03-02-2017, 09:50 AM)SomeGuy Wrote:
Quote:Russia already started the war, you can either accept the reality or stick your head in the sand and be this saeculum's Neville Chamberlain. They and their Alt-Right puppets are threat to liberal democracy and need to be stopped.

TRANSLATION: Liberals want a war with Russia.  Wink

Actually there is only one real problem with your retard-English dictionary.  Liberals don't want war with Russia.  What passes for the Left these days are not liberals, they are Regressive Left Collectivists.

Sure thing, chief.  Wink
(03-08-2017, 03:38 PM)SomeGuy Wrote:
(03-02-2017, 09:50 AM)SomeGuy Wrote: TRANSLATION: Liberals want a war with Russia.  Wink

Sure thing, chief.  Wink

Interesting conversation.  Hey guys, help me with this "self identity" stuff.  23andme.com has presented me with a real mess, yes, a real mess. Big Grin

Broadly Middle Eastern & North African 0.2% <-  This is a real WTF?
Broadly East Asian & Native American 0.1%   <-  Yes, this should be Cherokee, but not Apache, OK?
---Value Added Cool
(03-08-2017, 03:20 PM)Kinser79 Wrote:
(03-03-2017, 10:10 AM)SomeGuy Wrote:
(03-02-2017, 06:59 PM)Odin Wrote:
(03-02-2017, 10:33 AM)Marypoza Wrote:
(03-02-2017, 09:50 AM)SomeGuy Wrote: TRANSLATION: neoLiberals want a war with Russia.  Wink

-- there fixed it 4 ya

I'm a progressive who opposes Putin for the same reason the Left opposed Hitler.

So the answer is "BECAUSE HITLER?"  What specifically has gotten you in such a murderous lather? Rolleyes

Someone disagreed with him.  Typical Regressive Leftist response.

Hey, does "Regressive Leftist" = "snowflakes" in y'alls POV's.

NB,  I despise "special snowflakes".
---Value Added Cool
(03-03-2017, 01:33 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: Putin is a tyrant and a murderer who wants to extend his control over other peoples.

Wow, I never know Putin was a Neocon, although I did have my suspicions.

1.  Meddled in conjunction with the CIA in Ukraine, but for opposing purposes.
2. Is Meddling in Syria, but on the other side, but is propping up a Fascist dictator like the CIA installed in Chile, Pinochet.
3. Putin's slow on the draw though.  He needs to catch up with the following CIA regime changes in [Honduras,Nicaragua,Iran,Iraq, and more.   OK, this abuse is just fucking disgusting.  Why can Trump abolish the CIA and DEA instead of the EPA?  The EPA does good work,  but the CIA/DEA are EVIL.

[Image: 71a2zMeUbbL._UY662_.jpg]
---Value Added Cool
Quote:Broadly Middle Eastern & North African 0.2% <-  This is a real WTF?
Broadly East Asian & Native American 0.1%   <-  Yes, this should be Cherokee, but not Apache, OK?

I dunno, what's the margin of error?

You should also consider the MENA bit could be a bit of Spanish or (southern) Italian blood.  I know that y-chromosome haplogroups associated with MENA populations are well-represented in both Spain and Latin America.  The Arab/Berber armies didn't necessarily bring a lot of women with them when they conquered Iberia, and likewise with the conquistadores when they came to the Americas.  There were also a fair number of North African/Iberian slaves and "converts" who ran off from the Spanish colonies (or at least to their fringes) and went and lived on their own/joined Indian tribes.  There were even, if I am not mistaken, a few freed Muslim slaves at the first English colony of Roanoke.

Or it could be you had a Jewish ancestor in there somewhere.  Or it could just be a statistical error of some kind.  Who knows, I wouldn't get all worked up about it, start attributing your taste in music to it or something.  Rolleyes
(03-08-2017, 06:04 PM)SomeGuy Wrote:
Quote:Broadly Middle Eastern & North African 0.2% <-  This is a real WTF?

Someguy Wrote:I dunno, what's the margin of error?

I don't know for sure, but it sticks out with the folks I've shared ancestral DNA with.  They have 0, and I have that sticking out.

Quote:You should also consider the MENA bit could be a bit of Spanish or (southern) Italian blood.

That's another blank.  I have 0 South European. It's almost all N European with a .3% E. European. The ancestral map has 4 zones.
a.  There's NW Europe which is on a tribal level = Celtic/Germanic.
b.  NE Europe : Aland Islands.
c.  E. Europe, Slavs.  That's the .3 percent.
d.  Asia/N America :  Cherokee / Asian
a.  MENA

Quote: I know that y-chromosome haplogroups associated with MENA populations are well-represented in both Spain and Latin America.

Y = R1B*, which is either Celtic/Germanic. The best guess at present is Germanic with a L shaped set of dots going from Rostock Germany , to Netherlands, and up through East Great Britain.
X = East Europe, period.  This one's easy, Aaland Islands. Great Grandmother is from there.

Well, so since I can rule out Spain/Italy, how about "dirty Vikings" hypothesis.  I just typed "Arab Viking" into my favorite search engine and got this stuff:

http://sciencenordic.com/old-arabic-text...ty-vikings
http://www.thenational.ae/world/europe/w...ient-links
http://www.middleeasteye.net/in-depth/fe...-965352085
A whole shitpot or other links.

Quote:  The Arab/Berber armies didn't necessarily bring a lot of women with them when they conquered Iberia, and likewise with the conquistadores when they came to the Americas.  There were also a fair number of North African/Iberian slaves and "converts" who ran off from the Spanish colonies (or at least to their fringes) and went and lived on their own/joined Indian tribes.  There were even, if I am not mistaken, a few freed Muslim slaves at the first English colony of Roanoke.

Or it could be you had a Jewish ancestor in there somewhere.  Or it could just be a statistical error of some kind.  Who knows, I wouldn't get all worked up about it, start attributing your taste in music to it or something.  Rolleyes

[/quote]

Well, here's a theory.  I have an Arab woman as an ancestor.   Tongue  Essentially, I'm a direct descendant of a horny Viking dude who took some MENA woman , cause , and we all know this.   Vikings were young horny dudes and when they established trade routes in say Baghdad, took some random Arab women an' took 'em back to Scandinavia.

So,,,,  ahhhh...   So fucking sue me.  I'm part Arab. Big Grin
---Value Added Cool
(03-08-2017, 05:39 PM)Ragnarök_62 Wrote:
(03-08-2017, 03:38 PM)SomeGuy Wrote:
(03-08-2017, 03:10 PM)Kinser79 Wrote: Actually there is only one real problem with your retard-English dictionary.  Liberals don't want war with Russia.  What passes for the Left these days are not liberals, they are Regressive Left Collectivists.

Sure thing, chief.  Wink

Interesting conversation.  Hey guys, help me with this "self identity" stuff.  23andme.com has presented me with a real mess, yes, a real mess. Big Grin

Broadly Middle Eastern & North African 0.2% <-  This is a real WTF?

Rags I was referencing the "I sexually identify as an attack helicopter" meme.

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/i-sexually...helicopter

Copypasta Wrote:I sexually Identify as an Attack Helicopter. Ever since I was a boy I dreamed of soaring over the oilfields dropping hot sticky loads on disgusting foreigners. People say to me that a person being a helicopter is Impossible and I’m fucking retarded but I don’t care, I’m beautiful. I’m having a plastic surgeon install rotary blades, 30 mm cannons and AMG-114 Hellfire missiles on my body. From now on I want you guys to call me “Apache” and respect my right to kill from above and kill needlessly. If you can’t accept me you’re a heliphobe and need to check your vehicle privilege. Thank you for being so understanding.

On the topic of Regressive Leftists vs Snowflakes. I'd say that Regressive Leftists are a particular kind of Snowflake. Or put more bluntly it is the ideology of certain snowflakes. Typically we also call these particular snowflakes SJWs. I don't think all snowflakes are necessarily Regressive Leftists.

As to the CIA, DEA and EPA. I'd favor abolishing all of them. The EPA might do some good things but I assure you that is purely by accident. That being said I essentially want to abolish at least 2/3rds of the Federal Government as it is. So...YMMV.
It really is all mathematics.

Turn on to Daddy, Tune in to Nationalism, Drop out of UN/NATO/WTO/TPP/NAFTA/CAFTA Globalism.
Whoa. The Republicans are up to some more dirty dealings.  They're targeting the teachers' strikes and pretty much anyone else who gets a paycheck.

https://www.theguardian.com/education/20...y-revealed

Front groups.

State Policy Network. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/State_Policy_Network

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Heritage_Foundation

---

Well, there's some more stink tanks besides The Heritage Foundation as well.  I'd say a lot of Republican strategy is there as well.   Lower state taxes, crappify safety net programs with block grants, cuts, drug testing, employment mandates, etc.

Republicans want less regulations and paperwork?  Wrong! How much does it costs to administer piss tests and employment paperwork.  That fucking shit's a waste of resources and time.

In shot, Republicans want to cornhole working folks and the needy for corporate welfare.

Republicans:  A basket full  of corporate whores.
---Value Added Cool
There is in fact little room for 'rock-star teachers' in K-12 education who can perform so much better than average that they can be paid much more than others. The nature of educational practice tends to reduce even 'star' teachers toward the median in effectiveness. The teacher with extreme knowledge of his subject typically ends up a college teacher.

Any strike is a dislocation. But the ability to strike is essential to the freedom of workers to seek redress of grievances for public and private employees. If you want a society without strikes, you get a society without badic dignity for workers, as employees get to walk all over workers.

Arizona, Oklah9oma, and West Virginia have been close to the bottom in educational achi9evement 00 and investment in public education. Such could reflect bad social policy in the past -- including under-investment in public education. Note well that the state4s in wigh public education fares best in results are not the ones with the teachers; strikes.
The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated Communist  but instead the people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists -- Hannah Arendt.

And yet, conversion to an all charter, union free school district in New Orleans has substantially improved educational results.
(04-14-2018, 09:37 PM)Warren Dew Wrote: And yet, conversion to an all charter, union free school district in New Orleans has substantially improved educational results.

Do they accept the "dregs" ?  You know kids from broken homes, have learning disabilities, ones with mental illness, etc?  Let it be known the Republicans don't give a flying fuck about us proles.  In fact, I see no reason why anyone who's main income source is a paycheck.

Yeah, it's like this idiotic neoliberal nonsense about privatization improves every single thing. It doesn't. In the name of privatization and profits we get toll roads, our horrid health system, too big to fail banks that charge a bunch of junk fees, Amazon's sweatshops, private prisons, etc.  It's time for single payer, return duties that governments should do like the criminal justice system, show up and not privatize Social Security,  and to pay for it, reverse Trumps stupid tax cut and use that as a down payment.  I'd use nuking [heh] our bloated "defense" budget, though I use "offense budget" instead. I mean really, calling out Assad is so hypocritical,

Just look at this
---Value Added Cool
Agreed, Rags.

What Democrats and Republicans want, eh?

I think that's pretty clear by now. The Republicans want to give as many breaks and advantages to the wealthy as possible, while the Democrats, at least some of them, want a more fair deal for average folks.
"I close my eyes, and I can see a better day" -- Justin Bieber

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
(04-14-2018, 11:10 PM)Ragnarök_62 Wrote:
(04-14-2018, 09:37 PM)Warren Dew Wrote: And yet, conversion to an all charter, union free school district in New Orleans has substantially improved educational results.

Do they accept the "dregs" ?  You know kids from broken homes, have learning disabilities, ones with mental illness, etc?

Yes, they do.  Placement into charter schools is typically by lottery.

Think of charter schools as public schools - which they are - just without the teacher unions.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How Democrats lost the working class Mikebert 12 14,681 08-31-2017, 10:49 AM
Last Post: David Horn