Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
To Confused Newbs: My Handle Is More Than "Alphabet Soup!"
(03-11-2017, 01:04 PM)Kinser79 Wrote:
(03-11-2017, 04:56 AM)Ragnarök_62 Wrote:
(03-10-2017, 04:42 PM)SomeGuy Wrote: I know this one.  Some dude!!!!

Nope, am burned out on guessing games.  And no, "SomeDude" was not my previous handle, although I will save it for future reference.

SomeGuy = Jordan Goodspeed.

Figures.  I knew, I knew that posting style.  But my hopes were dashed when he failed to respond to my cryptic statements issued in a particular Slavic language.

Were you hoping I was Justin77, or were you under the impression I speak more than a few words and phrases in Russian?
(03-11-2017, 03:16 PM)SomeGuy Wrote: Were you hoping I was Justin77, or were you under the impression I speak more than a few words and phrases in Russian?

Either or. Justin has a solid understanding of Russian history. Better than mine anyway. Which means he's better able to apply the theory outside of Western Europe than just about every one else I know.

Also I used to enjoy watching him correct PBR when he'd make ignorant comments about a country and people few Westerners know or understand.

And I've lost a lot of the Russian I used to know.
It really is all mathematics.

Turn on to Daddy, Tune in to Nationalism, Drop out of UN/NATO/WTO/TPP/NAFTA/CAFTA Globalism.
Well, I'd say sorry to disappoint you, but I am not in the habit of apologizing for being myself, so...  

*shrugs*
(03-11-2017, 05:12 PM)SomeGuy Wrote: Well, I'd say sorry to disappoint you, but I am not in the habit of apologizing for being myself, so...  

*shrugs*

I would accept it anyway.  You have nothing to apologize for.

Turn on to Daddy, Tune in to Nationalism, Drop out of UN/NATO/WTO/TPP/NAFTA/CAFTA Globalism.
(03-10-2017, 03:09 PM)Galen Wrote:
(03-10-2017, 11:47 AM)pbrower2a Wrote: Galen -- much admired physician from Roman times.

You are wrong, as usual.

Huh.  Is it at all possible that you are mistaken, Galen?
(03-13-2017, 06:43 AM)Snowflake Wrote:
(03-10-2017, 11:47 AM)pbrower2a Wrote: Galen -- much admired physician from Roman times.

You are wrong, as usual.

I hardly think that is likely since the name Galen was chosen for very specific reasons having nothing to do with the ancient physician.  When ever you read a message from me the clue is literally staring you in the face.
Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard. -- H.L. Mencken

If one rejects laissez faire on account of man's fallibility and moral weakness, one must for the same reason also reject every kind of government action.   -- Ludwig von Mises
I GOT IT!  I really liked that show when I was younger, all two episodes of it I watched.
(03-13-2017, 03:19 PM)SomeGuy Wrote: I GOT IT! 

Very good.  Almost no one else ever does.  I wish you would have sent me a private message because it used to be one of the ways I found out who was paying attention.
Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard. -- H.L. Mencken

If one rejects laissez faire on account of man's fallibility and moral weakness, one must for the same reason also reject every kind of government action.   -- Ludwig von Mises
(03-13-2017, 03:28 PM)Galen Wrote:

Very good.  Almost no one else ever does.  I wish you would have sent me a private message because it used to be one of the ways I found out who was paying attention.

That only would work part of the time. I'd like to think I am paying attention but honestly if it is based on a TV show I'm almost never going to get it. TV is for the weather channel and football (not to be confused with hand egg).

(03-13-2017, 02:34 PM)Galen Wrote:
(03-13-2017, 06:43 AM)Snowflake Wrote:

You are wrong, as usual.

I hardly think that is likely since the name Galen was chosen for very specific reasons having nothing to do with the ancient physician.  When ever you read a message from me the clue is literally staring you in the face.

I knew about the clue.  Apparently you've been bitten by its 'expanded universe'.
(or me, depending on how you look at it. Big Grin

(03-13-2017, 03:28 PM)Galen Wrote:

SomeGuy can just go back and edit the post to not include the link.
Quote:SomeGuy can just go back and edit the post to not include the link.

Oh sure, just fob it off on some guy...  Rolleyes
At least he doesn't use "that one guy, yeah, you know the one" like I do sometimes.

(03-13-2017, 06:08 PM)SomeGuy Wrote:

Yup.  One of the many "benefits" of 'male privilege'. Smile
(03-13-2017, 06:24 PM)Snowflake Wrote:

Not really where I was going with that, but sure. Would you like me to open the ketchup bottle, while I am at it?
(03-13-2017, 06:30 PM)SomeGuy Wrote:

Would you like me to open the ketchup bottle, too?

What?  And not let the ketchup bottle decide if it wants to open itself, first?
(Geez, typical male!  Always trying to control everything! Angry ) Big Grin
(03-13-2017, 06:30 PM)SomeGuy Wrote:

Not really where I was going with that, but sure.  Would you like me to open the ketchup bottle, while I am at it?

Editing your post while I'm responding is very annoying and rude. Tongue
Quote:Editing your post while I'm responding is very annoying and rude. Tongue

It really is.  Big Grin
(03-13-2017, 07:14 PM)SomeGuy Wrote:
Quote:Editing your post while I'm responding is very annoying and rude. Tongue

It really is.  Big Grin

PPl who. reply to known bots are annoying to me. Tongue
---Value Added Cool

Quote:PPl who. reply to known bots are annoying to me. Tongue

I'll be sure not to reply to you anymore, then.  Tongue